PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

deadline
Thu Jun 16th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Need help getting my airbox out.. can someone help me out? By help, I mean come to my house and physically help me.
I got all the tools needed, stands and garage. I ride 09 CBR 600rr. I can get the fairings off, but the air box can be trouble, plus I want to do it without removing the tank.

Thanks ahead..

Vellos
Thu Jun 16th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Got the manual? It's easy-peasy, but where are you located at? Can probably come over seeing how much of a slacker I am.

WolFeYeZ
Thu Jun 16th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Depending where you are located I might be able to help you out too :)

age315
Thu Jun 16th, 2011, 09:35 PM
I have a manual for my 08 cbr 600rr and I'm sure it's the same. When were you trying to do this I might be able to help.

madvlad
Thu Jun 16th, 2011, 10:14 PM
I really think youll find that removing the tank is a lot easier than doing the fairings... a lot easier than you think

deadline
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 03:41 AM
I can make myself available any time. The only day I am not free is this Saturday coming up. Weekdays are better coz nobody will be blocking the driveway and there won't be any parking issues. I live in Superior, near Flatirons Mall. I do have a manual (somewhere)....

deadline
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 03:45 AM
I really think youll find that removing the tank is a lot easier than doing the fairings... a lot easier than you think

Tank got gas and I don't feel comfortable messing with hoses..

TransNone13
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 03:55 AM
I had an 08, it's very easy. No fuel is going to come out even if you pull a hose off. The fuel pump is inside the tank and would prevent that. Also, the only one you need to worry about is the one going to the rail on the FIs, but again only a limited amount will come out with the bike off. I recommend searching online for a shop manual, they are free and are in PDF format. 600rr.net usually has them online.

navajowalks
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 02:28 PM
you can probably lift the tank and remove the airbox without disconnecting anything lol

InSuPress
Fri Jun 17th, 2011, 11:47 PM
i'm in federal heights just down the street from you. if you got the tools i can get away for a little bit and help ya.

Mike

madvlad
Sat Jun 18th, 2011, 12:57 AM
Tank got gas and I don't feel comfortable messing with hoses..

Then don't take this the wrong way but you shouldn't be messing with your bike then. Plenty of vacuum hoses/lines and clips involved there. If you want to work on your own bike you're gonna have to take chances.

fasterlaster
Sat Jun 18th, 2011, 01:30 AM
I'm wondering why you are taking your airbox out to begin with? But anyway, both of my previous (and older) CBRs have the service manual indicate to use a particular length "stick" to support the front of the tank up and you may have access to remove it.

Bueller
Sat Jun 18th, 2011, 07:55 AM
I'm wondering why you are taking your airbox out to begin with?

This?????

Vellos
Sat Jun 18th, 2011, 11:43 AM
I'm starting to think Deadline is a troll and doesn't actually have a motorcycle. His PM to me was "take the Flatirons crossing exit". Not sure how that was supposed to help.

AOK303
Sat Jun 18th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Haha

Sarge
Sat Jun 18th, 2011, 04:27 PM
you can probably lift the tank and remove the airbox without disconnecting anything lol

+1

Even on my bike, you just have to remove the two screws at the top of the tank, and then two smaller screws on the side that hold some of the carbon fiber pieices to the tank, and then the thing actually pivots up in place, exposing the airbox.

They typically build them like this so that you can service them without stripping the bike to the motor...