PDA

View Full Version : RPS School and event news

marcus mcbain
Tue May 17th, 2005, 06:37 PM
RPS Colorado Schedule

As some of you may have heard, RPS will be not be making all of the MRA rounds. My apologies, but this is true. I will be at PPIR for the AMA round and will then identify what rounds I will be at after that. I very much regret this decision, as many of you have been faithful customers and riders. I have made a lot of friends up in the MRA, but there are four factors affecting my decision:

1) Fuel Prices – The price of fuel has flat out devastated the ability to keep products and services affordable and maintain the financially viability of the business. To give you an idea, I have to do $11,000.00 in business to earn an honest paycheck for each trip. That is not reasonable to expect.
2) Loaded Schedule – Everywhere I go, I get slammed with business. This is a good thing, but most wait until the last day of a scheduled trip to bring their bikes and parts. This makes me late for the next event and I end up screwing folks that have planned to meet me early. I hate not keeping my word that I will be somewhere when I say I will be there.
3) 7.2($M) project – Although not official, I have spent the last 3 years working on putting together a facility that will provide 2 and 4 wheel enthusiasts an opportunity to make laps. My former professional life included capital projects on this level and I have to say I am having fun putting this together. Unfortunately, this requires about 60hrs a week just to get it off the ground.
4) My Wife – I am not sure we recognize each other really well any more and she has been very important to me for many years. I would like to spend more time with here.

The RPS Advanced racing school has been rescheduled to July 11th and 12th. This will definitely be held and I am very excited. We built the latest curriculum around what I taught Shea Fouchek. Shea made his AMA debut on the Safety First racing team less than 8 months after his first time he ever road a street bike. You can read more about him here: http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=22872

Anyway, I am excited to pick the school thing back up as this is what I started doing 4 years ago.

I have one Service Contract customer that will be fully refunded (Matthew Pacheco). Although I signed up several, he is the only one that I actually charged. I want the community to know that RPS will continue to try and work in the MRA market and hold the highest integrity possible. There are a lot of exciting things coming up. I will post the modified schedule when I return from Pikes Peak.

If anyone needs help for Pikes, please contact me at 713 304 5509.

Thanks for everything and looking forward to continue to work with you all.

Marcus McBain

japrules
Wed May 18th, 2005, 06:16 AM
RPS Colorado Schedule

As some of you may have heard, RPS will be not be making all of the MRA rounds. My apologies, but this is true. I will be at PPIR for the AMA round and will then identify what rounds I will be at after that. I very much regret this decision, as many of you have been faithful customers and riders. I have made a lot of friends up in the MRA, but there are four factors affecting my decision:

1) Fuel Prices – The price of fuel has flat out devastated the ability to keep products and services affordable and maintain the financially viability of the business. To give you an idea, I have to do $11,000.00 in business to earn an honest paycheck for each trip. That is not reasonable to expect.
2) Loaded Schedule – Everywhere I go, I get slammed with business. This is a good thing, but most wait until the last day of a scheduled trip to bring their bikes and parts. This makes me late for the next event and I end up screwing folks that have planned to meet me early. I hate not keeping my word that I will be somewhere when I say I will be there.
3) 7.2($M) project – Although not official, I have spent the last 3 years working on putting together a facility that will provide 2 and 4 wheel enthusiasts an opportunity to make laps. My former professional life included capital projects on this level and I have to say I am having fun putting this together. Unfortunately, this requires about 60hrs a week just to get it off the ground.
4) My Wife – I am not sure we recognize each other really well any more and she has been very important to me for many years. I would like to spend more time with here.

The RPS Advanced racing school has been rescheduled to July 11th and 12th. This will definitely be held and I am very excited. We built the latest curriculum around what I taught Shea Fouchek. Shea made his AMA debut on the Safety First racing team less than 8 months after his first time he ever road a street bike. You can read more about him here: http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=22872

Anyway, I am excited to pick the school thing back up as this is what I started doing 4 years ago.

I have one Service Contract customer that will be fully refunded (Matthew Pacheco). Although I signed up several, he is the only one that I actually charged. I want the community to know that RPS will continue to try and work in the MRA market and hold the highest integrity possible. There are a lot of exciting things coming up. I will post the modified schedule when I return from Pikes Peak.

If anyone needs help for Pikes, please contact me at 713 304 5509.

Thanks for everything and looking forward to continue to work with you all.

Marcus McBain

The wife will be there when all the other things you mentioned are long gone.. keep it in perspective brother.. take care of her. Sounds like your doing the right things! Congrats!

J

Anonymous
Wed May 18th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the support Marcus! I know a lot of us have enjoyed the level of support you've given to the MRA, and understand fully that you need to take care of life too.

FWIW my bike is 10x better after you tweaked it a little at PPIR. It hooks right in and doesn't let go!