PDA

View Full Version : 2005 R6 Error Er_1...

Smitty
Mon Jun 20th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Took my 2005 R6 out to IMI on Saturday. This is the first time the bike has been really ridden. I bought it over the winter as a wrecked bike and put it back together. So after about 15 laps or so I see that my temp gauge say HI and my speedo is no longer working and the display shows Er_1. The bike starts up and runs great. I've tried going into Diagnostics mode and reset the error code to see if it will come back but I can't get into diagnostics mode.

So far I've check the fuses and connectors but haven't found anything wrong. This is what I've found about the error code.

Fault code: Er-1
Diagnostic Code: --
Symptom: No signals are received from the ECU.
Probable cause of malfunction:
Open or short circuit in wiring sub lead.
Malfunction in meter.
Malfunction in ECU.

OUTLAWD
Mon Jun 20th, 2011, 07:44 PM
was any part of the harness pinched or anything from the wreck or re-assembly?

Tylar
Mon Jun 20th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Multimeter for the win.

NUTZ
Mon Jun 20th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Multimeter for the win.

+1 and if all else fails :blowup:

Smitty
Tue Jun 21st, 2011, 06:51 AM
Today I'm going to get a few more specialized tools to help take the throttle body off. I forgot how much of a pain in the ass this bike is. I'm going to re-exam the wiring harness without a bunch of stuff in the way and get my multimeter out to check the continuity of the wires. The only problem is that there's a bunch of wires and I ran out of beer last night. :guinness:

Tylar
Tue Jun 21st, 2011, 06:08 PM
The only problem is that I ran out of beer last night. :guinness:

Fixed.

Smitty
Wed Jun 22nd, 2011, 07:08 PM
So I finally found the culprit. After taking the throttle body off and taking the wiring harness almost all the way out I found that a couple of the wires had been torn and stripped. I put them back together and everything seems to be fine now.:w00t: