PDA

View Full Version : UFO Catch Can

FZRguy
Tue Jun 21st, 2011, 01:26 AM
Should remedy the carb issue I had at HPR. Pretty sano for $40. Hopefully, the location will be okay for sumo. No other place I can mount it that would be more protected.

Zach929rr
Tue Jun 21st, 2011, 09:08 AM
Ugh. Hope you don't whack that by bottoming out, such as on a certain retaining wall jump that had a complete lack of landing. Those carb lines look awfully close to the header too.

sloridr
Tue Jun 21st, 2011, 10:39 AM
THose lines are a little close fo sho. Also it may get a little beat up right there. My MSR skid plate is hammered all down the center just from shit coming off the tires. Just a thought, however I do like the thing for shizzll!

sloridr
Tue Jun 21st, 2011, 10:52 AM
just a comment here...but i would have ported the tube through the cap (not upside down like you have it)...those cheap plastic bottles / lids never last very long and especially w/ it being upside down...it's almost guaranteed it will leak. It would be a little more difficult for you to drain it, but it's better that YOU drain it rather than it draining itself by leaking all over the place.

Not sure what the clear bottle is. But the big grey box under the header is the UFO catch can. I do see what you're sayin about the can though. I just don't run them let everyone slip and slide on the fuel spilt!! Ha Bitches fall on that... J/K

brennahm
Tue Jun 21st, 2011, 10:52 AM
Everybody mounts them upside down like that. There aren't really any problems. If you lose the cap your bottle is probably so beat up the whole thing needs to be replace and you don't need the thing hermetically sealed anyway. It's a splitting hairs kind of precaution.

sloridr
Tue Jun 21st, 2011, 10:54 AM
Everybody mounts them upside down like that. There aren't really any problems. If you lose the cap your bottle is probably so beat up the whole thing needs to be replace and you don't need the thing hermetically sealed anyway. It's a splitting hairs kind of precaution.

Don't listen to this guy he knows NOTHING!!!

PS :guinness:tonight if you get back in time.

FZRguy
Tue Jun 21st, 2011, 11:58 AM
The bottle is for the the power-valve, drips a small bit of oil but mostly just two-smoke. The catch can has two comparments, one for all five carb vents and one for water, oil. The lines are close, but not touching.....and it runs cooler than ya'lls four-chokers.

FZRguy
Tue Jun 21st, 2011, 12:01 PM
Mostly concerned about damage in that location. There was a KTM at the Performance deal that had a real nice alum can mounted between the motor and shock. I don't have that much room on my bike.