PDA

View Full Version : Chicane at HPR 6/26/2011 - What you need to know!

rybo
Wed Jun 22nd, 2011, 06:25 AM
Hi all,

So it doesn't get lost - here's the "what you need to know" for this Sunday

Directions
High Plains Raceway: 93301 E Highway 36, Deertrail, Colorado 80105 map
Directions: High Plains Raceway is located on U.S. Highway 36, 17 miles east of Byers. This is 60 miles (and less than one hour) east of the I-25 & I-70 interchange, known locally as the Mousetrap. At Byers, exit I-70 (which bends to the south towards Limon) taking Highway 36 due east 17 miles. The track is on your left, with the entrance at the Easternmost side of the property.

Schedule
Saturday June 25th
6:00 PM - Gates Open
Sunday June 26th
6:30 AM - Crew arrival time
7:00 AM - Registration and Tech Open
7:40 AM - All Riders meeting
8:00 AM - Track goes hot (Advanced Group)
8:20 AM - Intermediate Group
8:40 AM - Beginner Group

This rotation will continue, with the advanced group from :00-:20, the intermediate group from :20-:40 and the beginner group from :40-:00 until lunch.

12:00 PM - 1:00 PM - Lunch will be provided to all participants by Boulder Motor Sports.

1:00 PM - Track Hot for our afternoon sessions following the same rotation as we used in the morning.

5:00 PM - The track will go cold for the day.

Preparation
Please review the information at http://chicanetrackdays.com/how.html for preparation of your bike and equipment requirements for this event.

New Trackday Riders
If you've never been on the track before, or it's been a while, we will have a full compliment of instructors available to assist you! The classroom session for new riders will begin promptly at 8:00 AM in the HPR Classroom, with the first on track session beginning promptly at 8:40. Please come prepared, you're in for a very exciting day!

Vendors
Chicane partners with some superb vendors to make this day the best possible experience. The following vendors will be at the June 26th Event:

Tire Service by Vanmar Racing
Vanmar Racing will be onsite offering tire service. Vanmar sells Michelin tires.

Photography by On The Marc Photography and WICKed Photos

Suspension Service and Tuning by STM Suspension and Dave Rose

Private Instruction
One-on-One private instruction may be available at an extra charge based on interest levels. Please contact me if your interested or for more information.

Questions
If you have any questions please send an e-mail to scott@chicanetrackdays.com

We look forward to seeing you all at the track!

matt2778
Wed Jun 22nd, 2011, 08:05 AM
How much will the private instruction be?

rybo
Wed Jun 22nd, 2011, 08:24 AM
Matt,

This is a two part answer:

1) $150 - that is instruction for one rotation (about 1 hour) and includes off track set up coaching, video of the on track session and video analysis following your session.

2) This is all kind of a "maybe". Shane Turpin is the guy I have lined up to do it, but if I can't book enough people then he can't afford to make the trip.

If anyone is interested in this please let me know ASAP so that I can get shane on his way!

Tell me what you think.

Scott