PDA

View Full Version : Estes Park - June 25th/26th

sprtbkbabe
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 12:50 PM
Scandinavian Festival:

I was telling JasonOn about this yesterday. They've been having this festival there for years. If you're out and about riding nearby, check it out either day.

http://www.estesparkcvb.com/events.cfm?mode=cat_overview&listing_cat_id=1439

I've picked up Lingonberry jam there and had macaroons and Streudel (there are German/Scandia vendors) while walking through the booths.

salsashark
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 01:17 PM
Reminds me that I need to get back to Estes for the Longs Peak Scottish-Irish Festival!

:guinness:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 02:21 PM
Nice! I might have to ride up there. I went to the Scottish festival before and it was pretty cool.

Ghost
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 03:48 PM
Lingonberries: Are they ballistically similar to grapes?

drago52
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 05:09 PM
Reminds me that I need to get back to Estes for the Longs Peak Scottish-Irish Festival!

yeah! I went one year and competed in the "athletics" competition. It took most of the day, which was too bad becuase I wanted to see all the other stuff at the festival, but it was awesome doing some of those events. I even managed to flip my first caber! I failed flipping the next, longer and heavier, caber.

sprtbkbabe
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:17 PM
Lingonberries: Are they ballistically similar to grapes?

Pfft.. dissimilar. do you have an issue with size?

:viking::roll:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:57 PM

See?? Size DOES matter! :)

Ghost
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:06 PM

Actually, I've never seen a real ligonberry, though I know it's a distant relative of the cranberry...but, really, it was an oblique quote from Archer Episode 2, Season 1 "Training Day" (which was on FX, then NetFlix and may still be on there--and the entire Season 1 is worth watching {S2 less so}).

http://ovfile.com/zizxod25ctm7 (NSFW)

See?? Size DOES matter! :)

Too obvious.

FZRguy
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:07 PM
Well, you could join us at CSU and make use of your packet, then hit EP on Sunday. Just sayin'. :)

sprtbkbabe
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Well, you could join us at CSU and make use of your packet, then hit EP on Sunday. Just sayin'. :)

1st year in the last 4 I'm going to miss the MS150 :( I'm staying away from Ft. Fun

CaptGoodvibes
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 10:05 PM
When IKEA opens, you will be able to get lingonberry stuff in the cafe... maybe not fresh but jelly and jam I think...

CaptGoodvibes
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 10:06 PM

I'm 5/8ths Scottish. I'm game