PDA

View Full Version : Broke my Lowside cherry Today:(

DemonRider
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 01:25 PM
So I let the term "Target Fixation" get me today:(. Very low speed, I was turning a corner practicing some of the terms and ways of the "Code" and I let one pass!!! My rear tire hit a bump in the road and I lost concentration and fixed on a cliff. I straightened up applied the breaks and wamo, I hit the ground. I'm all good, all the gear is great, no damage to the gear but did scratch up the fairing and slightly bent the shifter. I had a hard time starting it after picking her up but then went back to basics and got her going. Did a complete inspection and got back on the road stopped at the nearest town and did another inspection. All good so I continued riding just a little more conservatively all the way back home. Once in town I took her to the local Motorcycle shop an she got a clean bill of health other then slight road rash in the fairing, I'll post pics later. Up till then it was a great ride on a very technical road Highways 198, 180, and 245! The Giant Sequoias were awesome and to be honest even the ride after the crash was pretty good (just a little slower)

I do have a new respect for the the bike and the road. Luckily it was not too bad, but I definitely put it all together at the end and was still able to corner comfortably and watched that white line a little more.

Depths_of_Mind
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 01:27 PM
ick dude.. glad you're alright! Welcome to the club *lol* As long as you're not hurt, that's the important thing.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 02:22 PM
Sux man, sorry to hear it, glad you and your ride are ok. It's happened to the rest of us, don't worry, just straighten her out, and get back on!

DemonRider
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 02:29 PM
Pic's Damage,,, the map below shows the accident location at the top indicated with the blue bubble.

Ghost
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 02:42 PM
I was picturing much worse, that's not too bad at all, really.

zerocool
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 02:45 PM
Yeah thats nothing! Glad you're ok

Sean
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 02:52 PM
Nothing broken on you, nothing broken on the bike, not a bad day. Glad you're okay.

Be careful with target fixation, it can really hurt sometimes.

bornwildnfree
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 03:01 PM
So glad you're ok!

asp_125
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 04:05 PM
Glad you're ok. Nice roads, when did you move to Cali?

DemonRider
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 04:10 PM
Glad you're ok. Nice roads, when did you move to Cali?

Not moved, on Vacation. Towed bike with us to have a little fun for vacation:)

Thanks everyone:)

Depths_of_Mind
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 04:35 PM
That'll buff out! Important thing is you're alright :)

Sleev
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 12:44 PM
what ever happened with your little fender bender?

DemonRider
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 06:21 PM
what ever happened with your little fender bender?

My ticket was dismissed by the court after the Prosecutor and Judge watched the footage. The other driver was cited (unknown on conclusion) for careless driving. The Judge did retain the footage for the other parties court date. I was intending on going on his date but had to work. The insurance companies are still doing there thing and I was warned that it might take a few months for an outcome.

Cap'n Crunch
Sat Jun 25th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Dude, glad ur ok. Be safe out there. Let's see some pics of those roads