PDA

View Full Version : 6/25 early ass morning ride!

grim
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:59 PM
hey I'm going to do a before the sun is up run to deer canyon and continue west up to bear creek then loop down back to c470 near Morrison plenty of carving then straight shot down c470 to head back. it's about a 2.5 hour run however this run is going to maintain a pace until we start getting to the top of deer canyon so i can take some pics as well as bear canyon if your interested in joining me let me know I'll be starting at about 5:30 am start point is in englewood.

Vellos
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:06 PM
4:30 am

:puke:

Ghost
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:07 PM
I think I might be going to bed around the time this is starting...

madvlad
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:17 PM
Canyon riding that early? That's kind of dangerous, animals start moving quite a bit through the roads at that time....

Darth Do'Urden
Thu Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:42 PM
Canyon riding that early? That's kind of dangerous, animals start moving quite a bit through the roads at that time....

Man...I'd be in for this ride, but yeah, the deer start gettin' their munch on about that time...no bueno. =(

Be safe.

grim
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Man...I'd be in for this ride, but yeah, the deer start gettin' their munch on about that time...no bueno. =(

Be safe.

Well in light of thats too early for some people i can spring for 5:30 but thats the latest ill leave so ill change the top thread time let me know if that changes your mind.

madvlad
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Well I'm close to deer creek, are you going up from the wadsworth side or Kipling side?

grim
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 10:10 AM
this is my route i plan to take pretty much the wadsworth side.

i dont know how to embed the map layout on the forum cause im fucking retarded!

Sully
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 10:15 AM

Be safe.

+1 and they don't call it "Deer Creek" for nothing. Be safe cuz deer are dumb!

grim
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 10:16 AM
found an alternate solution

grim
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 10:16 AM

i changed ze time to 5:30am if that makes it better

madvlad
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 10:20 AM
There's a conoco on wadsworth and chatfield right up the street from the deer creek entrance. We can meet there id you want, I don't see the point to roll easy to come back west lol... as long as I make it to work by 8 I'm game.

grim
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 10:24 AM
i Just mapped it that way so i could do a circle and so i dont see the same thing twice. Post the address to where you work ill see if i can integrate it into the route.

grim
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 10:27 AM

hey wait im going through bear creek also does that mean there will be bears? Cause if there are im gonna wrestle one and bring it home!

Sully
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 10:32 AM
hey wait im going through bear creek also does that mean there will be bears? Cause if there are im gonna wrestle one and bring it home!

:slap:

madvlad
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 10:53 AM
i Just mapped it that way so i could do a circle and so i dont see the same thing twice. Post the address to where you work ill see if i can integrate it into the route.

Oh work is still close to the west side. Right off belleview and wadsworth so like 10 miles from deer creek lol

grim
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Oh nice your work is in the center of the route sweet deal. Ill meet you at the conoco at 5:30 if that works for you.

madvlad
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 11:59 AM
I'll be there filled up and good to roll.

madvlad
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Oh btw there's 2 conoco's there. I will be at the one where the McDonald's is, not the one accross the street.

grim
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Oh btw there's 2 conoco's there. I will be at the one where the McDonald's is, not the one accross the street.

ok I saw the mcdonalds it's on the east side

madvlad
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Yea its the one in the northeast corner, the other one in the southeast corner will most likely be closed at that time

grim
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Yea its the one in the northeast corner, the other one in the southeast corner will most likely be closed at that time

lazy bastards

grim
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 08:20 PM
is there anyone else out there that would like to join us? not planning on doing any crazy fast riding mostly scenic and enjoying the cool air before it get to 95 degrees!

madvlad
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 08:28 PM
lazy bastards

lol go figure :roll: jk... Not all of are morning people I guess

grim
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 08:42 PM
lol go figure :roll: jk... Not all of are morning people I guess

I've been trained like a robot to be awake early thanks to my kid

madvlad
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 08:45 PM
No doubt man, I went to military school when I was a kid so I'm usually up at like 4 am everyday lol... It sucks sometimes. Newborn?

grim
Fri Jun 24th, 2011, 10:11 PM
No doubt man, I went to military school when I was a kid so I'm usually up at like 4 am everyday lol... It sucks sometimes. Newborn?

no a year and 3 months...i was in the navy too so...

mastap07
Sat Jun 25th, 2011, 07:05 AM
just a heads up, saw about 2 dozen deer this morning at 5:45 between the enterence to deer creek canyon and the turn off to Lockheed. they are out like a mofo!

madvlad
Sat Jun 25th, 2011, 07:43 AM
just a heads up, saw about 2 dozen deer this morning at 5:45 between the enterence to deer creek canyon and the turn off to Lockheed. they are out like a mofo!

Thanks for the heads up, didn't run into any fortunately but yea I was watching to road like a hawk for any deer coming out of the nowhere like they always do lol... what an awesome ride. No traffic, a bit cold but not bad. I'm gonna start taking rides before work from now on for sure

grim
Sat Jun 25th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the heads up, didn't run into any fortunately but yea I was watching to road like a hawk for any deer coming out of the nowhere like they always do lol... what an awesome ride. No traffic, a bit cold but not bad. I'm gonna start taking rides before work from now on for sure

yea no animals there was a bit of sand in the road on deer creek but nothing major. AWESOME ride though bear creek is clean and smooth! it did get pretty cold once we got to turkey creek that's for sure! good meeting you madvlad!

madvlad
Sat Jun 25th, 2011, 09:50 AM
yea no animals there was a bit of sand in the road on deer creek but nothing major. AWESOME ride though bear creek is clean and smooth! it did get pretty cold once we got to turkey creek that's for sure! good meeting you madvlad!

Yea my hands were crazy cold haha... I guess that's when the underseat exhaust works out rather well haha. Good meeting you too man, gotta do that run the right way next time around haha. I'd be down for another run like this whenever you go again. Early is the best time for sure. No cops or cars