Anyone get one worth fighting or no

90 dollars no points
And yes i was very nice to him still gave me a ticket

madvlad
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 12:18 AM
Seriously? It got to this point. Damn these guys are hurting for money lol

AOK303
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 12:38 AM
it was bent at a 90 degree angle no way for anyone to read didn't know it was bent that bad i did bend it like 45 so it wouldn't hit my tire guess it bottomed when i had a girl on a ride... must find skinnier girls haha

DeeStylez
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 01:13 AM
That is ridiculous..... prob not much you can do since it is already a 0 point violation, and what sucks depending on your insurance carrier it will up your rates once they review your driving record.

AOK303
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 01:47 AM
yeah dunno if i should ask my insurance company... hmm

thatmofo
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 01:54 AM
I had a similar incident because he "couldn't see my plate" and I ended up with almost a $170 ticket.

AOK303
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 02:01 AM
just for not being able to see plate ?
and what city/county good for others to know

Ted
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 06:30 AM
Fix the plate, go talk to court clerk,.... he/she may be able to waive the fine. You just never know!!!!

sprtbkbabe
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Fix the plate, go talk to court clerk,.... he/she may be able to waive the fine. You just never know!!!!

:imwithstupid: Take pics from different angles to help your point.

CaneZach
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 07:39 AM
The ticket will not appear on your driving history, so it won't affect your insurance. It's an equipment violation, not a moving violation, so your insurance company will never know unless you tell them. The rule of thumb is if the citation carries no points, it will not appear on your driving history.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 07:58 AM
I don't understand why that wouldn't be a fix-it ticket. If you weren't being an asshat and obviously you didn't try to run, weren't speeding, blah blah..... You should have been able to bend it back right there on the spot and go about your way.

CaneZach
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 08:12 AM
I don't understand why that wouldn't be a fix-it ticket. If you weren't being an asshat and obviously you didn't try to run, weren't speeding, blah blah..... You should have been able to bend it back right there on the spot and go about your way.

Because there's no "fix-it ticket" in Colorado. There are citations, written warnings, and verbal warnings. Other states have "fix-it tickets", where you fix the problem, bring in proof of the repair(s), and they void the ticket or whatever, but not here.

jrthomas6
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Better check the bend in my plate!

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Because there's no "fix-it ticket" in Colorado. There are citations, written warnings, and verbal warnings. Other states have "fix-it tickets", where you fix the problem, bring in proof of the repair(s), and they void the ticket or whatever, but not here.

got it. Thanks for the clarification. :up:

Mother Goose
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 08:34 AM
I got pulled over for something similar. When I first got the bike, I didn't have anywhere to put it, so I zip tied it to my passenger pegs while the undertail was on order. Got pulled over by a motorcycle cop, pulled over right away and he told me I can't have it like that. I told him the story, he checked my papers and let me go. Told me to put it on as soon as it came in, which I did, and haven't had an issue since.

Mine is bend towards the back a little, just to make sure it misses the tire, but it's still visible, which the nice Gilpin County Sheriff (that didn't give me a ticket for 57 in a 40) told me last week.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 09:47 AM
That's interesting to know about no "fix-it" ticket like in CA.

But to the OP, I can see the cop giving you a ticket, sure. I mean, why else would you relocate your plate from the legal position and put it up under your seat so he can't see it? I mean, c'mon, that's why you do it, right? So, when he gives you a ticket for a plate that's barely visible, it should be no surprise. And, a cop is also far more likely to give you the ticket for speeding instead of letting you off with a warning if you have all sorts of equipment violations too. Especially one where you're purposely making your plate almost unreadable. The first thing he thinks, is that you do this to allow you to run from them easier. ;)

AOK303
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Yeah he said racers do that so you cant see the plate, but if you look at my plates back side you can see marks from bottoming out. so looks like a few of you say take pics go to court

AOK303
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 10:38 AM

what do you mean court clerk, I'm pretty sure you don't mean the DA

Bueller
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Yeah he said racers do that so you cant see the plate,

Racers don't need plates :lol:

CaneZach
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 10:51 AM

That's not true. I have three plates on my racebike. One on the nose and two on the tail. I'm sure that's more than enough for street use, right? :lol:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Neither do squids. :)

AOK303
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Think he ment more of people racing on the high way

Fernman
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 08:29 PM
dang that sucks, do you have pics of your plate (blurred) cause mine is all bent to hell too.

BTW Do you have aftermarket exhaust? (because it could have been more)

AOK303
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 08:43 PM
All stock bike, plate was bent up from tire, bike is lowered from prev owner

Fernman
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 08:51 PM
dang, well look at it thisway you saved yourself 500 bucks for not having an aftermarket exhaust :up:

It's unfortunate that you got this ticket.

complete :bs:...

:piss:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 09:02 PM
All stock bike, plate was bent up from tire, bike is lowered from prev owner
Is the plate in the stock location, or relocated inside the rear fender? If it's in the stock location, it would never have been bent by the tire, unless the swingarm is extended quite a bit.

AOK303
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Fender elemn kit but it looks stock

It Hangs almost at the end of the muffler which is far on the 1000
It's got to be at least two inches lowered I can stand with air between me and the seat at a light I'm 5'9 / 5'10

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Fender elemn kit but it looks stock
.....up until the point it gets hit by the tire..... ;) Looks like you're gonna have to do something with it so it doesn't get hit again. It COULD cut your tire.....not good.

AOK303
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 10:25 PM
New tire tomorrow, its adjustable so Tfog will see if its an easy fix to raise may get it all done
Then I can have a fix invoice maybe they will drop ticket was not my mod bought that way excuse

sag
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 10:55 PM
uh oh one of my plates is hanging halfway up the pipe (still behind the rear axle) on the cbr with the whole top part bent flat so the numbers are at the top of the plate and the bottom is rainbowed from slamming the rear down. i figure if suby guys can get away with bending and cutting the eff out of huge car plates mine would be okay.

fiveninerzero
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 11:36 PM
what sucks depending on your insurance carrier it will up your rates once they review your driving record.

Doubt it counts as a moving violation

fiveninerzero
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 11:37 PM
This is what you need my friend: www.youtube.com/watch?v=67VIhhpUMZE

thatmofo
Tue Jun 28th, 2011, 12:44 AM

Plate was bent up from my bike being lowered and the tire smashing it. He told me that he didn't pull out because I was speeding, it was because he couldn't see the plate, but then I started speeding so he had to give me a ticket. El Paso county.

CaneZach
Tue Jun 28th, 2011, 05:13 AM

I missed this post the first time I read through the thread. It doesn't matter what county mofo was stopped in. It's a state law that requires you to have visibly displayed license plates.

DeeStylez
Tue Jun 28th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Doubt it counts as a moving violation

Yea probably not a moving violation since it leans more toward something as simple as faulty equipment. What I was getting at earlier in the thread for example: Just recently my insurance increased monthly $10 during policy renewal due to my wifes driving history the insurance company looked into, and it was a defective equipment ticket she recieved over a year ago. So just wanted to give a heads up even though the charge maybe petty the insurance carrier (Progressive) gives no slack.

CaneZach
Tue Jun 28th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Reread my post on the subject of moving violations on the first page. Defective Vehicle citations carry points, which appear on a person's driving history, which can be obtained by the insurance company.

DeeStylez
Tue Jun 28th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Reread my post on the subject of moving violations on the first page. Defective Vehicle citations carry points, which appear on a person's driving history, which can be obtained by the insurance company.

Yeap just asked the wife and she said there was points, so thanks for clearing that up. :coffee: