PDA

View Full Version : RIP Rider

bornwildnfree
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 10:53 AM
This is two in one day. RIP rider. I hope they locate the Jeep that ran.
http://www.9news.com/news/local/article/205236/222/Man-killed-in-motorcycle-accident

grim
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 10:54 AM
This is two in one day. RIP rider. I hope they locate the Jeep that ran.
http://www.9news.com/news/local/article/205236/222/Man-killed-in-motorcycle-accident

i just read about this on my phone while i was picking up supplies for my shop.

RIP rider.

madvlad
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Another one? Holy crap... rip

spideyrdr
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 11:34 AM
That's messed up. The driver ran - AND left their passenger. Unfortunately the reporting on 9news has gotten so terrible lately and they don't even say what time of night this happened. Hopefully they won't have any problem finding the driver.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 11:56 AM
RIP rider. Hope they catch the motherfucker and hang him by his ballz. I sure wish our gov't here would put half the effort into drastically stiffening penalties for those who kill riders as they do for bicyclist rights.......:cussing:

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 12:16 PM
That's messed up. The driver ran - AND left their passenger. Unfortunately the reporting on 9news has gotten so terrible lately and they don't even say what time of night this happened. Hopefully they won't have any problem finding the driver.

The story was on the 10pm news Sunday. Details were few and it appeared it had just happened.

Tylar
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 12:24 PM
this is going to be a rough year. It seem each summer starts off worse than the previous.

RIP rider.

Ghost
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 01:19 PM
this is going to be a rough year. It seem each summer starts off worse than the previous.

RIP rider.

Hit & Runs definitely seem up this year, don't know if statistics back that up, but I agree it definitely seems to be getting worse every year...

gtn
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 02:03 PM
RIP

Stay aware out there. The next one may just be out to kill you and not even know it.

extremepaint
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 02:42 PM
my friend just went down last night as well ans shattered his leg on his brand new 250 supermoto with 400 miles... ouch good thing is he gonna be fine bad news is his summer is shot

LivingPools
Mon Jun 27th, 2011, 10:23 PM
RIP

I wish we could get more details on these tragedies

FZRguy
Wed Jun 29th, 2011, 02:01 AM
Update with video of the crash. Seems like forever before the rider reacts, and plenty of room to swerve.

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-video-shows-moment-of-impact-in-fatal-denver-hitandrun-20110628,0,1342635.story

Nick_Ninja
Wed Jun 29th, 2011, 08:21 AM
RIP

The morbidity of this group really sucks a rats ass. :bs:

usmcab35
Wed Jun 29th, 2011, 08:31 AM
after watching that video, you could tell that dude was hauling a!!, but not the less the other guy shouldnt have ran. Also kinda messed up to see the dude smoking in the bottom left corner of the screen just sits there... why you would be moving that fast down federal is beyond me but none the less, RIP.

Bueller
Wed Jun 29th, 2011, 08:48 AM
RIP

Why?

Mother Goose
Wed Jun 29th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Update with video of the crash. Seems like forever before the rider reacts, and plenty of room to swerve.

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-video-shows-moment-of-impact-in-fatal-denver-hitandrun-20110628,0,1342635.story
I saw the video on the news this morning and was thinking the same thing.

Sean
Wed Jun 29th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Wow, that's terrible. I don't know if the rider was going that fast. I mean, we all speed a bit, but it didn't seem like he was being excessive. It just didn't seem like the rider was riding defensively, which you really have to do at night (if not all of the time). With all of the lights along that street, I can see how a driver wouldn't notice a single sportbike headlight. Combine that with the average stupidity of drivers, and it's no bueno for us. RIP

Vellos
Wed Jun 29th, 2011, 09:44 AM
The gear he was wearing is the only detail I'd like to know. Then again he might as well have ran into a brick wall at 60 so none of it would have mattered.

dragos13
Wed Jun 29th, 2011, 09:49 AM
I think understanding all the details of any incident can help prevent others from making the same mistakes.

From the video, it appears speed was an issue.

UglyDogRacing
Wed Jun 29th, 2011, 10:01 AM
The gear he was wearing is the only detail I'd like to know. Then again he might as well have ran into a brick wall at 60 so none of it would have mattered.

Type of gear would have made no difference with the speed of that impact.

I think understanding all the details of any incident can help prevent others from making the same mistakes.

From the video, it appears speed was an issue.

Agreed. Speed along with not evaluating and executing quick enough.

FZRguy
Wed Jun 29th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Fox News had an accident investigator look at the vid and the scene. He estimated 45 MPH and the rider locked up the rear brake. I think he may have been going somewhat faster, was not scanning far enough ahead, no clue how to stop his motorcycle quickly or swerve. Shame, really.

LivingPools
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 12:42 AM
Why?

To avoid the same mistake?

I realize not all fatalities are avoidable, but with motorcycles it seems like most of them are.

I've watched the posted video more than once, still on the fence.

Nick_Ninja
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 08:22 AM
^ I learn by not hanging around here :roll:

Bueller
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 08:27 AM
I don't need to know the details of this crash to know that speeding reduces my time to react to dumbshits pulling out in front of me, yet I still speed at times. I know that less experienced riders don't react and correct as quickly as more seasoned riders, yet I still encourage my wife to ride (she is new).
Every crash is different, it is usually a chain of events that leads to an accident. We know what things we can control and we choose whether or not to do so. The unknown is just that. IMO gruesome details just fuel the non riding public's fear and distaste of motorcycles.

Sean
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 08:27 AM
^ I learn by not hanging around here :roll:
But yet, here you are. :batman:

Nick_Ninja
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 09:03 AM
But yet, here you are. :batman:

It is a barometer for the inane. :roll:

ian22
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 03:15 PM
RIP rider. This is very sad and horrible that the driver of the Jeep decided to run. This could've happened to anyone who decided to speed a bit down a busy city street. I've certainly done it more times than I care to admit.
Having said all of that...I'm typically for personal liberty, etc...but these type of accidents make me wonder if the US would be better off with a tiered motorcycle licensing system like they have in the UK. Not saying that type of legislation would eliminate fatalities like this but I think it'd help a lot. I'm glad that this group seeks to help new riders and experienced riders, its great that we can learn from each other's mistakes and I hope we as a group can continue to advocate motorcycle safety courses.
Again, I'm not usually for more laws to fix any situation...but in this case, I think it'd really help.
Ian

LivingPools
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 11:24 PM
I don't need to know the details of this crash to know that speeding reduces my time to react to dumbshits pulling out in front of me, yet I still speed at times. I know that less experienced riders don't react and correct as quickly as more seasoned riders, yet I still encourage my wife to ride (she is new).
Every crash is different, it is usually a chain of events that leads to an accident. We know what things we can control and we choose whether or not to do so. The unknown is just that. IMO gruesome details just fuel the non riding public's fear and distaste of motorcycles.

Well put. I ride similarly, and my wife is a fairly new rider as well. My interest in details is strictly on the technical side... speed, BAC, when were brakes applied, were the brakes locked, etc. Leave the gruesome stuff for the doctor/hospital shows!

It must show that my favorite column in MCN is "Street Strategy"

Appreciate details from FOX from one poster, and agreed to another on not scanning far enough ahead.

fiveninerzero
Fri Jul 1st, 2011, 10:16 PM
RIP