PDA

View Full Version : Women, who do you think you are

Ytry2
Wed May 18th, 2005, 02:42 PM
*Pushes soapbox into the center of the room and proceeds to stand on it. *

Women, what in gawds green earth makes you think that if you can bang 5/6 up and 1 down while upright on 2, that any guy that approaches you is only doing so to get the numbers to hook up later? Here I have something for you, here is a spoon so that you can eat my ass!

Get this, I head out during lunch to get my bikes race numbers for the SMRI race #2 this weekend and I stop for some fuel. While I am letting my trusty 1k treat herself to some fine 91, a woman on a CBR600rr pulls up to the pump behind me. She arrives in all her “ hey look at me I am girl” splendor adorn in a nice Joe Rocket jacket and gloves. However miss smarty pants has no skid lid so that everyone can see that she is a chick… First clue…ATTENTION WHORE!
I walk in and pay for my fuel and walk over to my bike to grab a flyer for the SMRI street riders track day that will be held on 6/5. *Yes I keep them in my bike, and yes I give them to everyone on 2 wheels* I turn to approach her and we make eye contact just before they begin to roll back in her head. As I get closer to her I say, “Hi, I thought I would give you” she then interrupts and say’s “I don’t need another phone number.” This pissed me off… so in my normal, charming, and smartass way I say, “first off, I have a wife that could ride circles around you. Secondly, your not as HOT as you think you are. I was simply giving you a flier for a local track day, however you can use it to fill the void left in your ass once you remove your head from it.” At that point she proclaimed some babble that was completely incoherent to me as I strapped my brain bucket on and rode away…

Just because you have baby feeders, a cock-cozy and know how to ride a bike does not mean everyone wants you… MAN, some day women will learn to look past their nipples, till then GO MAKE ME A PIE!

I will step off my soapbox now.

Sorry had to get that off my chest

Hoopty
Wed May 18th, 2005, 02:44 PM
:wtf:

Anonymous
Wed May 18th, 2005, 02:53 PM
:spit: :lol: fuckin TC...

Hey dude try 87 in that steed of yours. It will run better. ;) Don't need 91 at your elevation.

Filo
Wed May 18th, 2005, 02:53 PM
Warning: Nothing useful follows in my reply.

Women, what in gawds green earth makes you think that if you can bang 5/6 up and 1 down while upright on 2,

What if they have GP shifting? :)

Just because you have baby feeders, a cock-cozy and know how to ride a bike does not mean everyone wants you… MAN, some day women will learn to look past their nipples, till then GO MAKE ME A PIE!

No, actually, unless they are truly heinous, everyone usually does want them :). And it is usually *me* that has trouble looking past their nipple :lol:. And I am old and married, so I should know better. Mmmmm, pie

Bertha
Wed May 18th, 2005, 02:55 PM
:spit: :lol:

sprtbkbabe
Wed May 18th, 2005, 03:07 PM
There are a couple girls who I've seen ride around Aurora with upside-down visors to hold their hair in. :roll:

Natural Selection, I say ;)

Vance
Wed May 18th, 2005, 03:17 PM
That has got to be some of the funniest crap I've read in a long time Ytry. Especially now that I'm single and would, as a factor within their (having a) personality, prefer to meet a woman who actually is a rider rather than wanting to just be a poser riding biatch... this is one comedic twist on that concept. :lol:

lravaholic2
Wed May 18th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Little brother you have the best stories. And always a smart ass.

McVaaahhh
Wed May 18th, 2005, 03:29 PM
:lol: Reminds me of Paris Hilton. :lol:

japrules
Wed May 18th, 2005, 03:36 PM
*Pushes soapbox into the center of the room and proceeds to stand on it. *

Women, what in gawds green earth makes you think that if you can bang 5/6 up and 1 down while upright on 2, that any guy that approaches you is only doing so to get the numbers to hook up later? Here I have something for you, here is a spoon so that you can eat my ass!

Get this, I head out during lunch to get my bikes race numbers for the SMRI race #2 this weekend and I stop for some fuel. While I am letting my trusty 1k treat herself to some fine 91, a woman on a CBR600rr pulls up to the pump behind me. She arrives in all her “ hey look at me I am girl” splendor adorn in a nice Joe Rocket jacket and gloves. However miss smarty pants has no skid lid so that everyone can see that she is a chick… First clue…ATTENTION WHORE!
I walk in and pay for my fuel and walk over to my bike to grab a flyer for the SMRI street riders track day that will be held on 6/5. *Yes I keep them in my bike, and yes I give them to everyone on 2 wheels* I turn to approach her and we make eye contact just before they begin to roll back in her head. As I get closer to her I say, “Hi, I thought I would give you” she then interrupts and say’s “I don’t need another phone number.” This pissed me off… so in my normal, charming, and smartass way I say, “first off, I have a wife that could ride circles around you. Secondly, your not as HOT as you think you are. I was simply giving you a flier for a local track day, however you can use it to fill the void left in your ass once you remove your head from it.” At that point she proclaimed some babble that was completely incoherent to me as I strapped my brain bucket on and rode away…

I will step off my soapbox now.

Sorry had to get that off my chest

Oh this is so awesome.. course, being single and all I would have been looking at her nipples and the only reason I would have offered her the flyer was for a glimpse at forementioned radio dials..

I will say this though... I am apparently lucky enough to get an exceptional looking woman to be interested in me from time to time.. I have found however, that exceptional looking women have major issues as they are persued so hard over the years that they are like freakin' deer in headlights even once they agree to hang out with you.. its like they think your agenda is to cornhole them and thats it... whatever... I'm spending my time with the average girl these days.. they only seem to be mildly messed up. :lol:

Hang in there Bro... I bet you have a great wife to go home to..

Joe

swademaster
Wed May 18th, 2005, 03:41 PM

:spit:
Ytry2--> :slap: <--biker chick

Lel
Wed May 18th, 2005, 05:01 PM
HAHAHAH holy shit dood, thats funny, I love the last paragraph.

lel

~Barn~
Wed May 18th, 2005, 05:47 PM
That's awesome. :lol:

Stuart Little
Wed May 18th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Ah, made my day :)

King Nothing
Wed May 18th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Wait a sec? she had a 600rr? I though chicks were only allowed to have sv650's. Now I'm really confused.

:waits for everyone's smart-ass remarks:

Jenny
Wed May 18th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Just cuz you've got an SV and you're a chick doesn't mean all of us have them. /me pets her Ducati. Good girl, yes....

King Nothing
Wed May 18th, 2005, 10:23 PM
Sarcasm - Just one of the services I offer. :roll:

:P

Mel
Wed May 18th, 2005, 11:47 PM
:lol: that story is great! Made me laugh! The last squid girl I ran into at a gas station all looked at me like she was better or sumptin, beotch!
Oh well, maybe all the phone number these hot chics on bikes get will pad their asses when they fall off.
I don't think it is all girls though...I sure as hell never really got numbers or that much attention when I was out riding all the time!

Bigtime73
Thu May 19th, 2005, 08:40 AM
:scream1: <===TC
:up: :lol: :spit: :applause:
TC you are freekin hillarious!!

AshliRider44
Thu May 19th, 2005, 08:46 AM
Wait a sec? she had a 600rr? I though chicks were only allowed to have sv650's. Now I'm really confused.

First off :321: for you Doug!

:waits for everyone's smart-ass remarks:

Second, what a snotty little bitch!!! Maybe she'll wreck and get some common sense knocked into that empty head of hers! :D

RSVR4aCowboy
Thu May 19th, 2005, 08:57 AM
:spit: Damn it TC, I just spewed coffee all over my monitor, :lol:

ebazyl
Thu May 19th, 2005, 09:03 AM
:spit: Damn it TC, I just spewed coffee all over my monitor, :lol:

Was it coffee or beer?

Sully
Thu May 19th, 2005, 09:12 AM
hmmm...... So is that all you have to do in Albuquerque to get a guys phone number ??? :idea: I wonder if that will work here because I never get any phone numbers ??? :cry: ...ohhh... prolly cuz I wear my "skid lid" and people think I'm a dood :dunno: :lol:

So .... where my gurls at ??? Let's roll out some night and see how many numbers we can get :boobies: Who's in ???? :D

Ytry2 your response was classic !!! :spit: :pointlaugh:

AshliRider44
Thu May 19th, 2005, 09:30 AM
I get more perverted guys blowing kisses and being all nasty to me then phone numbers, I wonder if its because I flip them off :321: when they start doing that :idea:

Sully
Thu May 19th, 2005, 09:39 AM
ewwwww..... :shock: Last night I had this ding dong ask me if I wanted to race him.. uh hello.. rush hour traffic and he's driving an old Toyota camry ??? I guess we can all dream, right ? :roll: Not worth losing my license over... at least he wasn't... :lol:

I do remember one guy taking Amazzon's and my picture with his camera phone ... :dunno:.. not sure what that was about ???? :?

AshliRider44
Thu May 19th, 2005, 09:44 AM
I went riding with a few guy friends last year and these dudes in a big ass truck pulled up next to us and screamed at us that guys who ride bikes do so because they have small ummm ya know... and I always thought that was what people said about guys who drove big trucks :lol: But my favorite line is when guys ask for a ride from me, can you say MAN-GINA?!?! :D :321:

japrules
Thu May 19th, 2005, 11:25 AM
I get more perverted guys blowing kisses and being all nasty to me then phone numbers, I wonder if its because I flip them off :321: when they start doing that :idea:

Umm... all guys are perverted.. get used to it ;)

Mel
Thu May 19th, 2005, 11:30 AM
lol, I don't ride with my seat on anymore cuz I have had people, guys included, just get on at lights and shit. Last guy that did that I left sitting on his ass in the intersection :lol:
My fav line was also the ever classic "is that your bike?". I usually responded with no, it was my grandmas. Or that I stole it and had no idea how to ride it.
Had a car full of little boys all waving and hooting at me on the way home last night...they seemed quite perturbed that I could not wheelie for them.

Dysco
Thu May 19th, 2005, 11:55 AM
oooh! "Do a pop-a-wheelie" is my FAVORITE. I always oblige. :D

AshliRider44
Thu May 19th, 2005, 12:05 PM

Umm... all guys are perverted.. get used to it ;)

I know... we met remember??? :D J.K. Hun

Vance
Thu May 19th, 2005, 12:20 PM

The last SOB that told me because I wouldn't pop a wheelie for his cager ass and his scrub crew to see I didn't know how to ride and was a prick got my steel toed imprint in his car door.

As to the topic at hand...
I have nothing to say. I'm still laughing too hard. I have to stop reading the original post.

Dysco
Thu May 19th, 2005, 12:33 PM

The last SOB that told me because I wouldn't pop a wheelie for his cager ass and his scrub crew to see I didn't know how to ride and was a prick got my steel toed imprint in his car door.

I have nothing to say. I'm still laughing too hard. I have to stop reading the original post.

Oh- I was talking about when little kids say it. Everyone else gets a strange look.

Vance
Thu May 19th, 2005, 12:37 PM

Oh- I was talking about when little kids say it. Everyone else gets a strange look.

Ah... I've oddly never had a little kid ask me that. I think they're scared of the scary man in the helmet. :twisted:

Hoopty
Thu May 19th, 2005, 01:07 PM
As they should be. :shock:

~Barn~
Thu May 19th, 2005, 01:57 PM
:imwithstupid:

AshliRider44
Thu May 19th, 2005, 02:15 PM
ROTFL :lol:

Mel
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 01:14 AM
So went riding through the springs to go to lunch/Dinner on Saturday...look over at the gas station as we are sitting at the stop light and see about 8-10 squids and semi squids getting gas. And one girl on a blue Honda (I think) who was DESPERATELY seeking attention in her tank top. Even like leaning over, and asking the guys to look at things on her body or bike, like I could totally imagine her saying "oh, I think a rock hit me right here, right on my boob...do you see anything? look closer, did it leave a mark?". Like she was just oh so cool or something. As Christine and I roll by in full gear...me in black jacket and riding pants, black helmet with a tinted visor, black boots, black gloves....aside from the purple on the bike, you would probably never known I was even a girl!

japrules
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 06:25 AM
So went riding through the springs to go to lunch/Dinner on Saturday...look over at the gas station as we are sitting at the stop light and see about 8-10 squids and semi squids getting gas. And one girl on a blue Honda (I think) who was DESPERATELY seeking attention in her tank top. Even like leaning over, and asking the guys to look at things on her body or bike, like I could totally imagine her saying "oh, I think a rock hit me right here, right on my boob...do you see anything? look closer, did it leave a mark?". Like she was just oh so cool or something. As Christine and I roll by in full gear...me in black jacket and riding pants, black helmet with a tinted visor, black boots, black gloves....aside from the purple on the bike, you would probably never known I was even a girl!

Man! Squids have all the luck!

;)

trackaddict
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 08:23 AM
...they seemed quite perturbed that I could not wheelie for them.[/quote]

you mean WOULD not.....whenever someone makes "the wheelie gesture" i always just shake my head no, as if to say..."silly pilgrims".

i think people who don't ride think wheelieing a motorcycle is easy and you should be able to rip one right in front of the king soopers entrance (the most recent request i have had)...ya know...cause that would be safe, right.....(of course not).

Gallep
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 09:57 PM
Well I can't wait to get rid of my temp tags, cause the only comments i get are alnog the lines of "let me show you how to ride that", and "did you dad get that for you". :P

~Barn~
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 10:01 PM
Well I can't wait to get rid of my temp tags, cause the only comments i get are alnog the lines of "let me show you how to ride that", and "did you dad get that for you". :P

You know.... You don't *have* to wait for temps to expire, before you replace them with legit one. :dunno:

salsashark
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 10:10 PM

So... umm... :idea:

what gas station was that?

:lol: :lol: :D :twisted:

Johnny
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 10:42 PM
umm... may I ask what exactly is a squid?

~Barn~
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 10:44 PM
umm... may I ask what exactly is a squid?

Just stick around the world of sportbiking for a good while. You'll learn your own definition eventually, and it may just change a few times, along the way.

:lol:

Gallep
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 11:34 PM

You know.... You don't *have* to wait for temps to expire, before you replace them with legit one. :dunno:

Yeah i know but my 18 hour days kind of wear me out for standing in line for tags. And i'm still kinda new to this forum too, and this is the only place where i heard of squids and cagers.. so squids are guys on bikes w/ no protective gear looking for loose chicks and cagers are people inm cars right? @ least thats what i've been seeing so far.

japrules
Tue May 24th, 2005, 06:30 AM

Yeah i know but my 18 hour days kind of wear me out for standing in line for tags. And i'm still kinda new to this forum too, and this is the only place where i heard of squids and cagers.. so squids are guys on bikes w/ no protective gear looking for loose chicks and cagers are people inm cars right? @ least thats what i've been seeing so far.

My favorite squid...: wears a helmet and has girlfriend on the back with no helmet and a tank top.

elmog
Tue May 24th, 2005, 07:41 AM
RE: SQUID

From about.com:

Definition: Have you seen a motorcycle rider who does not wear protective clothing, darts into and out of traffic at high speed, seems to need some motorcycle training and, in general, acts like he/she doesn't know what they're doing? You've seen a Squid.
No one is quite sure where this term came from. It is a naval term for a young sailor. It may be an acronym. Some examples are "SQUirrely kID," "Stupid, QUick, and Inevitably Dead," or "Super QUick, Inadequately Dressed."

McVaaahhh
Tue May 24th, 2005, 08:19 AM
My Def:

A squid is a guy who rides a sportbike and not only doesn't wear gear, but straps his helmet to the side of the bike instead of on his head. (Shoei frame slider)

I especially laugh at the guys in full gear, except a helmet. I saw one guy a couple weeks ago in a racing suit complete with knee pucks, but no helmet. :squid:

Vance
Tue May 24th, 2005, 08:49 AM
My Def:

A squid is a guy who rides a sportbike and not only doesn't wear gear, but straps his helmet to the side of the bike instead of on his head. (Shoei frame slider)

I especially laugh at the guys in full gear, except a helmet. I saw one guy a couple weeks ago in a racing suit complete with knee pucks, but no helmet. :squid:

Saw the King Squid down in the Springs on Saturday...

Blue R1... POLISHED (and I mean FRESHLY) frame, swingarm, rims,... bling bling Icon jacket, doubly blinged matching Ti Max gloves, Tommy Hilfargagnugen jeans, $500 fresh out of the box Nikes (no sports-oriented shoes should look that clean), overkill Euro-sunglasses, NO HELMET... but... TWO top of the line full bling paint-job Arai helmets --- one on each side of the tail. That's over $1000 in frame sliders alone!

Now THAT was squidly beyond squid.

Calamari anyone?

Anonymous
Tue May 24th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Nice story, TC! :lol: I'm glad I took the time to read this! :D

RAGrote
Tue May 24th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Funny story man....

A squid, however, is not defined by what "it" wears or doesn't wear. Squids tend to wear less than what we would consider "normal".
Squids know how to go fast in a straight line but lose their spine (like a squid) when the road turns - in any way, shape or fashion.

Posers may be squids, and vis versa but not neccesarily.

Good riders can be posers but can't be squids. I.e. - insert bike brand here - matching leathers, gloves, boots, helmet... Nothing wrong with a little functional BLING as long as they have the goods to back it up!! Bling without ability is just posin...

Mostly I don't consider those who ride without helmets or in shorts, wifebeaters and tennis shoes to be squids...although they MAY be. (probably are) They're (in my book) just too stupid to know any better.

Girls who can ride???? Hmm... I'm not going to TOUCH that.

Keyser Soze
Tue May 24th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Ah....you took it out of your post. I was gonna say,

I think she rides...and I think she's good too...could just be me though

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/files/jessica1.jpg

lravaholic2
Tue May 24th, 2005, 01:12 PM
hmmm...... So is that all you have to do in Albuquerque to get a guys phone number ??? :idea: I wonder if that will work here because I never get any phone numbers ??? :cry: ...ohhh... prolly cuz I wear my "skid lid" and people think I'm a dood :dunno: :lol:

So .... where my gurls at ??? Let's roll out some night and see how many numbers we can get :boobies: Who's in ???? :D

Ytry2 your response was classic !!! :spit: :pointlaugh:

I'm in! Skid lid and all.

RAGrote
Tue May 24th, 2005, 01:14 PM
Ah....you took it out of your post. I was gonna say,

I think she rides...and I think she's good too...could just be me though

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/files/jessica1.jpg

Don't know who she is... so obviously she's not hanging with the "boys".

Kudos to her though... I'd like to get matching equipment and see how much faster than me she is.

Of course if I had THAT equipment I'd never leave the couch!!! :oops: :D

Keyser Soze
Tue May 24th, 2005, 01:23 PM
She's obviously good enough to get put on that kind of equipment. Not talkin trash...but if you were as good...wouldn't you be put on the kind of equipment?

Gallep
Tue May 24th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Thats funny stuff about arai frame sliders :lol:

Hoopty
Tue May 24th, 2005, 02:02 PM
She (Jessica Zalusky) was running close to my times at PPIR. So in other words, YES, she can ride, but no, she's not on par with the other guys running AMA, especially not the front runners. I think she was running about 1:02's, maybe 1:01's. The fast guys were doing 54's and 55's.

RAGrote
Tue May 24th, 2005, 02:08 PM
She's obviously good enough to get put on that kind of equipment. Not talkin trash...but if you were as good...wouldn't you be put on the kind of equipment?

Only if my inclination was to sacrifice all to this particular end.
I would never pretend to say I'm as fast as her.... or EVER even close.

Again...kudos for her and her sacrifices.

Do you think we'll ever see her (or any woman) on the podium? Of even close?

I don't want to piss off every woman in the world but there has to be an acceptance that the chasm between men's testosterone driven competitive driving ability and women's ability is pretty large and at the world/AMA level the woman that can run with today's front runners hasn't been identified yet.

Faster than me? That's no accomplishment... you'd get more satifaction out of tearin up the ol' doood in the motor driven wheel chair. :D

Thread hijack noted.... :oops: Sorry.

Anonymous
Tue May 24th, 2005, 02:09 PM
Jessica was doing 1:01's in qual and FX.

Anonymous
Tue May 24th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Jessica was doing 1:01's in qual and FX.
To be precise, she qualified with a 1:01.546 and turned mostly 1:01's through the race, with a few 1:02's:
Jessica Zalusky's PPIR Formula Xtreme results (http://home.ama-cycle.org/prorace/raceres/rr/indtime.asp?cls=fe&snct=p7235&type=f&rnum=1&cmp=727&year=2005)

~Barn~
Tue May 24th, 2005, 02:27 PM
My favorite squid...: wears a helmet and has girlfriend on the back with no helmet and a tank top.

I actually kind of like this squid. Not that he realizes this at the time, but he's actually doing the smart thing....

If *she* takes some road debris to her dome, then it just hurts like a bitch, and maybe leaves a mark. Besides, she's somewhat protected, by being behind him.

If the roles were reversed, and he was helmet-less and takes a big debris to the dome, they both potentially wreck.

IMHO, it's always better for the operator of the motorcycle, to be the one wearing the helmet.

RAGrote
Tue May 24th, 2005, 02:29 PM
To be precise, she qualified with a 1:01.546 and turned mostly 1:01's through the race, with a few 1:02's:
Jessica Zalusky's PPIR Formula Xtreme results (http://home.ama-cycle.org/prorace/raceres/rr/indtime.asp?cls=fe&snct=p7235&type=f&rnum=1&cmp=727&year=2005)

THAT'S IT???? Man... I thought she was FAST!!!
That's only 45-65 seconds faster than I've ever been around that track..
:lol: :lol: :D :lol:

1:01s... smoke!

japrules
Tue May 24th, 2005, 02:55 PM

I actually kind of like this squid. Not that he realizes this at the time, but he's actually doing the smart thing....

If *she* takes some road debris to her dome, then it just hurts like a bitch, and maybe leaves a mark. Besides, she's somewhat protected, by being behind him.

If the roles were reversed, and he was helmet-less and takes a big debris to the dome, they both potentially wreck.

IMHO, it's always better for the operator of the motorcycle, to be the one wearing the helmet.

Until you both go down, she takes a concrete pole to the head, you survive but shortly thereafter you put a gun to YOUR head out of guilt. :roll:

AshliRider44
Tue May 24th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Jessica is fast, for a girl... will she podium... not likely running 1.01's etc... does that offend me as a girl that rides... not at all... I believe a girl will get the recognition she deserves once she deserves it... what makes me laugh is the publicity and the setup shes got from Kawasaki BECAUSE shes a girl that rides... amazing, if only I could run some 1.01's at PPIR... imagine the possibillites ;)

RAGrote
Tue May 24th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Jessica is fast, for a girl... will she podium... not likely running 1.01's etc... does that offend me as a girl that rides... not at all... I believe a girl will get the recognition she deserves once she deserves it... what makes me laugh is the publicity and the setup shes got from Kawasaki BECAUSE shes a girl that rides... amazing, if only I could run some 1.01's at PPIR... imagine the possibillites ;)

I'll try to believe that her recognition is due to riding... :up:

Totally cool... for real.

If you run 101s I'll wash your feet cuz I'm TRULY not worthy.

Hoopty
Tue May 24th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Will you wash my feet RA, because I do. :D

~Barn~
Tue May 24th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Until you both go down, she takes a concrete pole to the head, you survive but shortly thereafter you put a gun to YOUR head out of guilt. :roll:

I'm not sure I follow? Sure, I understand that an accident can definitely happen, and a wreck for both people can take place. Maybe a car cuts ya off, maybe the rider blows a turn, maybe somebody turns left in front of you... Accidents happen, yada-yada.

And sure, if you let your imagination run wild, there's guilt, and suicides, and mournful family members who makes attempts on your life, blah-blah-blah.

But my point still remains the same... All things remaining equal, it is much smarter for the operator of a motorcycle to have the helmet, rather than the passenger. They are, afterall, the one controlling the vehicle.

Mel
Tue May 24th, 2005, 03:42 PM
So you are saying that you need to run 101 track times to get a Kawasaki sponsership? Not saying that is EASY by no means, but she is not the only girl out there who could do that....

Vance
Tue May 24th, 2005, 03:53 PM
So you are saying that you need to run 101 track times to get a Kawasaki sponsership? Not saying that is EASY by no means, but she is not the only girl out there who could do that....

Probably not... but I bet she's the first to approach Kawi and say: "Hey - look want I'm doing... and I'll only get better with better equipment. Want a great PR opportunity???"

Now Mel... you angle for Suzuki,
Ashli angles for Yamasquash,
Christine for Honda,
Tanya and Jenny and Mel... for Ducati,
and Jeff for BMW! :lol:

Feathered upstart!
Tue May 24th, 2005, 04:06 PM
How fast could she be if she rides a Kawasaki? Answer: Not very. :evil: :lol:

Besides, girls cant ride motorcycles.

Johnny
Tue May 24th, 2005, 04:07 PM
So I'm a squid because I am still afraid of the turns but I can go fast? But I've only had my bike for like 2 weeks so does this silly label still apply? I wear all my gear too and I don't ride like a tard ass (wrecklesly weaving and such) but does "squid" mean noob or does it mean queef head? From everyones replies I take it to be the latter of the two. By the way thanx for all the def's guys :)

Funny story man....

A squid, however, is not defined by what "it" wears or doesn't wear. Squids tend to wear less than what we would consider "normal".
Squids know how to go fast in a straight line but lose their spine (like a squid) when the road turns - in any way, shape or fashion.

Good riders can be posers but can't be squids. I.e. - insert bike brand here - matching leathers, gloves, boots, helmet... Nothing wrong with a little functional BLING as long as they have the goods to back it up!! Bling without ability is just posin...

Mostly I don't consider those who ride without helmets or in shorts, wifebeaters and tennis shoes to be squids...although they MAY be. (probably are) They're (in my book) just too stupid to know any better.

Anonymous
Tue May 24th, 2005, 04:17 PM

Newsflash, she had Kawi corporate sponsorship long before she was running 1:01's at PPIR. Last year she was much slower, still riding under the Kawi Motor Corp banner. It isn't all about speed! I've seen fast riders who couldn't get a sponsor to save their life, and back markers that have their entire seasons funded just because they understand marketing and how the game works, and how to bust their ass for their sponsors.

Jessica was nearly last in FX. She didn't evan qualify for Superstock. Yet her pit had a line 30-deep waiting for autographs. During R2SL her pit was so popular you couldn't even walk past it. And yes, some of it has to do with her being a girl in the pro AMA circuit (duh!), but if that gets her sponsorship more power to her. She's still faster than most of the people on this site...

~Barn~
Tue May 24th, 2005, 04:19 PM
So I'm a squid because I am still afraid of the turns but I can go fast?

If you wear your gear, then in my eyes, you're not a squid. You're just a newbie. If you were a newbie and *didn't* wear your gear, then you would be a squid (in my book).

But I don't see how you can be afraid of turns, but also say "I can go fast". If you're fast, you're fast all the time. If you were talking about being fast in a straight line, that doesn't count. I only say this, because anybody can do that. It's like the "free space" in Bingo.

Vance
Tue May 24th, 2005, 04:21 PM
So I'm a squid because I am still afraid of the turns but I can go fast? But I've only had my bike for like 2 weeks so does this silly label still apply? I wear all my gear too and I don't ride like a tard ass (wrecklesly weaving and such) but does "squid" mean noob or does it mean queef head? From everyones replies I take it to be the latter of the two. By the way thanx for all the def's guys :)

Funny story man....

No, no, no... no squid... you're a noob. A greenie. A gravel virgin. A 2 incher. A rolling statue... :lol:

Hoopty
Tue May 24th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Newsflash, she had Kawi corporate sponsorship long before she was running 1:01's at PPIR. Last year she was much slower, still riding under the Kawi Motor Corp banner. It isn't all about speed! I've seen fast riders who couldn't get a sponsor to save their life, and back markers that have their entire seasons funded just because they understand marketing and how the game works, and how to bust their ass for their sponsors.

This may be true, but for guys to be sponsored by a FACTORY team, you need to be fast, and have good results. She has the sponsorship she has because she's a girl. :|

Anonymous
Tue May 24th, 2005, 04:34 PM
This may be true, but for guys to be sponsored by a FACTORY team, you need to be fast, and have good results. She has the sponsorship she has because she's a girl. :|

She doesn't have a FACTORY bike, either. At least, not in the sense that the top riders do. She is helped by a lot of companies but it isn't like she's sporting a $250,000 superbike either.

And yes, she does get the attention she deserves because she's a girl. So what? Sponsorship isn't about honoring fast riders. It's about the sponsoring company using you to market the f**k out of them any way possible. Bottom line, Jessica brings a LOT of attention to her racing efforts, despite being a back marker by AMA standards. Any way you shake it, results mean nothing if you can still bring focused exposure to thousands of people in a race season just by being there. If she wasn't sponsored I would be very surprised.

You seem pissed, or at least annoyed, that this isn't "right" in the world simply because she isn't racking up podium finishes. However that isn't the way it works my friend... Companies do this to make money - and Zalusky makes Kawasaki money.

ebazyl
Tue May 24th, 2005, 04:37 PM

Jessica was nearly last in FX. She didn't evan qualify for Superstock. Yet her pit had a line 30-deep waiting for autographs. During R2SL her pit was so popular you couldn't even walk past it. And yes, some of it has to do with her being a girl in the pro AMA circuit (duh!), but if that gets her sponsorship more power to her. She's still faster than most of the people on this site...

Ralph you got a point. Riders with better people skills will tend to do a lot better then complete assholes...

BUT, Jessica gets a lot of TV/Announcer/Magazine time, because she is a chick. I specificly remeber at Barber during Superstock Group 1 (slowest 1/2 of the feild): There was 15 riders in that field, which included Jimmy Moore (washed up, 2 time AMA superstock champ), as well as a TON of local riders. She got ALL of the air time. I mean 90% in the least with a small break for someone that crashed, and she was not even remotely close to qualifying. She got more love (figuratively speaking) from the announcer then Hacking then ended up on pole in Group 2 (fastest 1/2 of the feild). Now she might be taking care of her sponsors, but advertising is all about airtime, and even though she sucked her advertisers got pleanty.

...just my $0.02.

Anonymous
Tue May 24th, 2005, 04:44 PM
BUT, Jessica gets a lot of TV/Announcer/Magazine time, because she is a chick.

Now she might be taking care of her sponsors, but advertising is all about airtime, and even though she sucked her advertisers got pleanty.

...just my $0.02.

Well, yes! That's sort of the point. She has a certain marketable feature, a niche if you will, that all other AMA racers lack. So, she gets airtime because that stuff sells. She is sponsored out the arse because she gets airtime, because she's a girl. I think that probably pisses some people off, but this is capitalism at it's finest...

~Barn~
Tue May 24th, 2005, 04:48 PM
The "Bottom Line" kicks ass. And Jessica's bottom is pretty kick-ass too.

:yumyum: Capitalism.

Hoopty
Tue May 24th, 2005, 04:54 PM
No, I'm not pissed or annoyed about it, jealous yes. :D AMA racing and top level sponsorship is all about going fast and getting results, that is how they make money, by all the guys that read the mags and watch the races, buying up the hot bikes. Having a rider that is good with people skills and marketing their products will obviously be better, but not necessary. Race products should sell themselves when they do well. Look at Yates, the guy obviuosly is not a good salesman (drop kicking lapers etc :lol: ) and look at him, he's got full factory support, as well as numerous other sponsors. Believe me, he gets paid and taken care of, and Suzuki still makes their money. My point being is how many other factory riders did you see out there this weekend that were backmarkers? That's what I thought.

In club racing, that's a new ballgame. After all, the guys in club racing are there for a reason, because chances are they aren't competitive in the higher class stuff. :)

Hoopty
Tue May 24th, 2005, 04:59 PM
I'm not doubting that she makes Kawasaki money, I'm sure she does. My only point is that it's because she's a girl, not because she does anything differently than any other racer out there. :)

Ytry2
Tue May 24th, 2005, 05:00 PM

Ralph you got a point. Riders with better people skills will tend to do a lot better then complete assholes...

BUT, Jessica gets a lot of TV/Announcer/Magazine time, because she is a chick. I specificly remeber at Barber during Superstock Group 1 (slowest 1/2 of the feild): There was 15 riders in that field, which included Jimmy Moore (washed up, 2 time AMA superstock champ), as well as a TON of local riders. She got ALL of the air time. I mean 90% in the least with a small break for someone that crashed, and she was not even remotely close to qualifying. She got more love (figuratively speaking) from the announcer then Hacking then ended up on pole in Group 2 (fastest 1/2 of the feild). Now she might be taking care of her sponsors, but advertising is all about airtime, and even though she sucked her advertisers got pleanty.

...just my $0.02.

Because she has BABY FEEDERS *lol*

I told Hyerside, utillize what gawd gave you and pay for my racing damit! .... :lol:

Anonymous
Tue May 24th, 2005, 05:01 PM
I'm not doubting that she makes Kawasaki money, I'm sure she does. My only point is that it's because she's a girl, not because she does anything differently than any other racer out there. :)

Hey, if it works... ;)

Hoopty
Tue May 24th, 2005, 05:02 PM
I told Hyerside, utillize what gawd gave you and pay for my racing damit! .... :lol:

I tried the same thing with Ashli! :lol:

ebazyl
Tue May 24th, 2005, 05:03 PM

Hey, if it works... ;)

Oh its working she got those bikes for free. :slap:

Ytry2
Tue May 24th, 2005, 05:04 PM
BUT, Jessica gets a lot of TV/Announcer/Magazine time, because she is a chick.

Now she might be taking care of her sponsors, but advertising is all about airtime, and even though she sucked her advertisers got pleanty.

...just my $0.02.

Well, yes! That's sort of the point. She has a certain marketable feature, a niche if you will, that all other AMA racers lack. So, she gets airtime because that stuff sells. She is sponsored out the arse because she gets airtime, because she's a girl. I think that probably pisses some people off, but this is capitalism at it's finest...

Just call it Token racing :D

ebazyl
Tue May 24th, 2005, 05:04 PM

I'm Hoopty Loopty, now show Yoshimura Suzuki your :boobies:

Ytry2
Tue May 24th, 2005, 05:06 PM

Then i got :slap: then she bought me a pink skirt and said that i rode more like a girl then she :guns:

Ytry2
Tue May 24th, 2005, 05:07 PM

I'm Hoopty Loopty, now show Yoshimura Suzuki your :boobies: :lol:

Anonymous
Tue May 24th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Then i got :slap: then she bought me a pink skirt and said that i rode more like a girl then she :guns:

She has ya there... :shock: :lol:

Ytry2
Tue May 24th, 2005, 05:11 PM
I do have to say though, Jessica pimps the shit outa her self... Press releases posted everywhere... Jessica this, jessica that..meet jessica...
She is doing what Kaw wants....

It was the same as with Angel Benvou (sp) in the Prostock NHRA dragbike..... You could not go anywhere in the pits with out seeing her name

Ytry2
Tue May 24th, 2005, 05:12 PM

After this past weekend, i am afraid your right *lol*

ebazyl
Tue May 24th, 2005, 05:16 PM

Don't worry about it, Ralph was happy to get out of the teens at ... PPIR. Yes you read that right not Second Creek.

And I was Roger Haydens moving road cone in the AMA race.

Ytry2
Tue May 24th, 2005, 05:24 PM

Don't worry about it, Ralph was happy to get out of the teens at ... PPIR. Yes you read that right not Second Creek.

And I was Roger Haydens moving road cone in the AMA race.

That is ok, i pissed Shreve off when i hit a false N and slowed WAYYYY down infront of him into T2..

Mel
Tue May 24th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Jessica is good on a bike, not the best, not even close to a lot of the guys, but she is good enough to get big money behind her. And she started her sport bike riding on a Ninja 250.
Now, she can market the hell out of her self, and still race on a bike. She is not the only girl out there who can do that, she is just the only one lucky enough to get a sponser to do it.
Anyone got the number to Suzuki? I may have to do some "marketing" myself! :D

The GECCO
Tue May 24th, 2005, 07:56 PM
It was the same as with Angel Benvou (sp) in the Prostock NHRA dragbike..... You could not go anywhere in the pits with out seeing her name

I'm not even gonna come CLOSE to bustin' on Jessica because I know her and respect the hell out of her and what she has been able to do. However, this is NOT an equal comparison. Why?

Because Angelle has finished in the Pro Stock Motorcycle top five for eight consecutive seasons; her 35 wins is the most ever for a female driver in NHRA history and the second most in NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle history.

Now, this being said, I still say they both deserve to be where they are at because they have used their talents to get there. Is Jessica the most talented roadracer out there? No, but she is one hell of a marketing machine and she has used that talent to get where she is.

As for those that imply that she is so slow because she was at the back in FX, take a look at the Middleweight Superbike results from the MRA round. The rules in MWSB are all but identical to FX, her laptimes would have put her solidly in the top 15 of a 31 bike field. As has been pointed out here, that's faster than 99% of the people on this board.

Project Sh*tbox
Wed May 25th, 2005, 02:28 AM
<snip> ...its like they think your agenda is to cornhole them and thats it...<snip>

Truer words have never been spoken... or maybe that's just me.

-ASC

Mista Black
Wed May 25th, 2005, 05:47 AM
i dont doubt that Jessica is fast. i was out on the track with her on wednesday of R2SL. she blew by me more than once, i'm not ashamed to say.

i dont think her being a girl has so much to do with her marketability as her being a very good looking girl. how many butt ugly people do you see out there getting sponsorship in any area of entertainment?? the spot just doesnt fall on them as readily...

she's hot and though she's not as fast as the fastest guys, she is fast and that makes her VERY easy to market. kudos to her for taking advantage of these things. more people need to get over themselves and use what they have like she has.

Ytry2
Wed May 25th, 2005, 08:39 AM

I'm not even gonna come CLOSE to bustin' on Jessica because I know her and respect the hell out of her and what she has been able to do. However, this is NOT an equal comparison. Why?

Because Angelle has finished in the Pro Stock Motorcycle top five for eight consecutive seasons; her 35 wins is the most ever for a female driver in NHRA history and the second most in NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle history.

Now, this being said, I still say they both deserve to be where they are at because they have used their talents to get there. Is Jessica the most talented roadracer out there? No, but she is one hell of a marketing machine and she has used that talent to get where she is.

As for those that imply that she is so slow because she was at the back in FX, take a look at the Middleweight Superbike results from the MRA round. The rules in MWSB are all but identical to FX, her laptimes would have put her solidly in the top 15 of a 31 bike field. As has been pointed out here, that's faster than 99% of the people on this board.

I agree, I am not saying either one is slow. What I am saying is, most of us on this board has some idea how hard it is to market our selves and our sport. We only get a taste of it and we quit/stop/go to work etc.

Sponsors want someone to work hard and represent the company well. Angel does it for the NHRA (she has been doing this longer then jessica. give jessica or any woman 10 years and seat time seat time seat time)... Jessica for the AMA... Ms Fitzpatrick for IRL and the list goes on and on... in my opinion, the biggest marketing advantage a woman has, they do not act like spoiled brats and have temper tantrums. I think sponsors have been burned to many times men that can not control their tempers, that act out, that drop kick people, that seek retaliation, and overall act like children * Well Glen is just as short as a child, but that is ok ;) *.

If I could, I would be Shana’s general manager and quite racing. I can market her far more easily then I could market myself.

Mista Black
Wed May 25th, 2005, 08:59 AM
can anyone say Anthony Gobert?? you're right on YT

The GECCO
Wed May 25th, 2005, 09:30 AM
Saw the King Squid down in the Springs on Saturday...

Blue R1... POLISHED (and I mean FRESHLY) frame, swingarm, rims,... Hmmmmm....funny how you make such a big deal out of the polish, mentioning it first and all. Why does a polished frame automatically make you (and others) think "Squid"?

FWIW, this is my streetbike:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/TheGECCO/R15-7-04-1.jpg

Any time you'd like to come to the track and see what a squid I am, you're more than welcome...

Mista Black
Wed May 25th, 2005, 09:44 AM
i always knew you were a poser glenn :D

that's some sweet bling man :up:

Hoopty
Wed May 25th, 2005, 10:05 AM
POSER!!!! Learn how to ride that thing Glenn! :lol:

Anonymous
Wed May 25th, 2005, 10:07 AM
I consider polishing a bit too "bling" for my liking, but I certainly don't equate that to the squidliness of the rider by itself. When establishing "Squid Value" I tend to evaluate the entire package and weight each criteria towards a "Total Value of Squid".

For example, let's say you can rate squids from 0 to 100, with 100 being Street Sushi, and 0 being the best rider in the world. Now, 0 is a purely unattainable value but sets a high mark of achievement, whereas 100 is completely scoreable for a number of people I've seen. A rating system would then be useful for determining the value here.

- Rider not wearing helmet while riding: 10 points
- Rider not wearing any other gear: 5 points
- The only thing thinner than rider's chicken strips are the straps on his back-seat-betty's thong: 10 points
- Considers one pair of Oakleys to be adequate protection for both he and his passenger (cause they cost as much as a helmet, right?): 10 points
- Polished everything, including his greased-back hair: 5 points
- Thinks stickers make them more impressive: 5 points
- Tried *riding* once, it scared the sh*t out of them: 10 points
- Considers riding to be hanging out and posing at [insert favorite gas station name here]: 10 points
- "Riding Gear" equates to pants which can simultaneously hang below the swingarm while not losing their chromed cell phone at 50mph: 10 points
- Believes wheelies down I-25 at 65mph while weaving through cars, school busses, and vans full of nuns is a sign of pure and absolute skill: 40 points
- Crashed a bike doing something stupid, didn't hurt anyone else: 5 points
- Crashed a bike doing something stupid, hurt someone else: Instant 100 points
- Has ever ridden uncontrollably, broken laws, etc: 5 points

As you can see, it would be possible to exceed 100 points in some rare cases. However these are hopefully rare in the sportbiking world. I threw the last one in there because that stuff isn't wise, but I don't think a person on this board can say they haven't done that one. Of course we could also subtract points based on the rider's skill but that's a whole other post.

AshliRider44
Wed May 25th, 2005, 10:09 AM

:roll: nice babe :oops:

Nobody is doggin' on Jessica... just pointing out the obvious... shes got the hook up because shes got the :boobies: I'm jealous as well.. if only I could run those times... :oops:

Feathered upstart!
Wed May 25th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Your a squid becuase you put a f&*(ing Muzzy on a Yamaha :shock: :lol:

The GECCO
Wed May 25th, 2005, 10:24 AM
Your a squid becuase you put a f&*(ing Muzzy on a Yamaha :shock: :lol:
:roll:

That's right, I forgot how important it is to make sure you only put certain brands of pipes on certain bikes, how foolish of me...

I put it on there because Rob Muzzy makes good stuff, it makes great power (ask the dyno at TK), it was inexpensive (brand new full system for $375 on ebay), and it fits the look of the bike.

Who are you anyway? Looking over the rest of your comments I'm just curious if you have anything of value to add to this board (or the world in general)? I noticed someone changed your display name, it's a bit more appropriate now... :lol:

Feathered upstart!
Wed May 25th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Relax tough guy, it was just a joke 8)

Ytry2
Wed May 25th, 2005, 10:51 AM
I consider polishing a bit too "bling" for my liking, but I certainly don't equate that to the squidliness of the rider by itself. When establishing "Squid Value" I tend to evaluate the entire package and weight each criteria towards a "Total Value of Squid".

For example, let's say you can rate squids from 0 to 100, with 100 being Street Sushi, and 0 being the best rider in the world. Now, 0 is a purely unattainable value but sets a high mark of achievement, whereas 100 is completely scoreable for a number of people I've seen. A rating system would then be useful for determining the value here.

- Rider not wearing helmet while riding: 10 points
- Rider not wearing any other gear: 5 points
- The only thing thinner than rider's chicken strips are the straps on his back-seat-betty's thong: 10 points
- Considers one pair of Oakleys to be adequate protection for both he and his passenger (cause they cost as much as a helmet, right?): 10 points
- Polished everything, including his greased-back hair: 5 points
- Thinks stickers make them more impressive: 5 points
- Tried *riding* once, it scared the sh*t out of them: 10 points
- Considers riding to be hanging out and posing at [insert favorite gas station name here]: 10 points
- "Riding Gear" equates to pants which can simultaneously hang below the swingarm while not losing their chromed cell phone at 50mph: 10 points
- Believes wheelies down I-25 at 65mph while weaving through cars, school busses, and vans full of nuns is a sign of pure and absolute skill: 40 points
- Crashed a bike doing something stupid, didn't hurt anyone else: 5 points
- Crashed a bike doing something stupid, hurt someone else: Instant 100 points
- Has ever ridden uncontrollably, broken laws, etc: 5 points

As you can see, it would be possible to exceed 100 points in some rare cases. However these are hopefully rare in the sportbiking world. I threw the last one in there because that stuff isn't wise, but I don't think a person on this board can say they haven't done that one. Of course we could also subtract points based on the rider's skill but that's a whole other post.

:spit: OMFG i had to leave the building because i was laughing so hard

McVaaahhh
Wed May 25th, 2005, 11:23 AM
We should call that the "squid-o-meter" :lol:

Hoopty
Wed May 25th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Damn, I got defaulted to 100 with the "done something stupid, crashed, and someone else got hurt". :cry: Big J's dumb a$$ was following me too close last year when I wiped out doing a stoppie. I walked away, Big J got a broken hand and collar bone. :lol: :loser:

Anonymous
Wed May 25th, 2005, 01:32 PM
For Ralph: :D

PiercedDuc
Wed May 25th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Damn, I got defaulted to 100 with the "done something stupid, crashed, and someone else got hurt". :cry: Big J's dumb a$$ was following me too close last year when I wiped out doing a stoppie. I walked away, Big J got a broken hand and collar bone. :lol: :loser:

Big J is always on your ass, you act surprised :think:

:lol: :lol:

Anonymous
Thu Jun 16th, 2005, 11:15 PM
Sorry to revive an old thread, but something about this has been bugging me since I read it.

While this is true:

If the roles were reversed, and he was helmet-less and takes a big debris to the dome, they both potentially wreck.What are the odds of "big debris" actually hitting either of them in the head (unless he's following a dump truck too closely)? :dunno:

But my point still remains the same... All things remaining equal, it is much smarter for the operator of a motorcycle to have the helmet, rather than the passenger. They are, afterall, the one controlling the vehicle.
But if they do crash, then the operator is no longer in control, and the passenger is more susceptible to a head injury than the operator.

I guess I have to disagree with you Barn - in my opinion, I think it's smarter to let the passenger wear the helmet - even if it is ill-fitting :| - perhaps the lack of a helmet will be a reminder for the operator to slow down and take extra care.

~Barn~
Thu Jun 16th, 2005, 11:35 PM
It may verywell be the more caring thing to do, I'll give you that. It's defintely the chivalrous thing.

But no matter what, I would still rather have the pilot of my rig have all the protection they need to maintain control, rather than not.

If it were between me as a passenger, and them as an operator... Have at it, if it makes you a more capable rider.

Granted, if our fate is crashing, then hindsight is 2020, and I would swap of course. I think it's just that I would rather plan for something bad, proactively, than expect something bad, and plan reactively.

Both have their pros and cons, but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, as to which is better.

madgixxer1000
Fri Jun 17th, 2005, 12:27 AM
Ummmm.... :wtf: I got busy reading all the replies I forgot what the subject of the post was. :crazy: Not really, but the replies are just as funny as the suject. Keep the laughs coming. :cheers:

Anonymous
Fri Jun 17th, 2005, 12:37 AM
Both have their pros and cons, but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, as to which is better.
I kind of figured this before I posted. 8)