PDA

View Full Version : MY BIKE WAS STOLEN JUNE 29TH

lil_shane84
Wed Jun 29th, 2011, 01:03 AM
Between 1020 and 1130pm tonight my bike was stolen from Austin Bluffs and Barnes area.

all white 08 kawsaki zx6r. Ducati 848 tail. No passenger seat or pegs Green HIDs. M4 go.exhaust. photopyro.com deal on the windscreen. Red wheels.and forks aftwrmarket levers

Wrider
Wed Jun 29th, 2011, 01:11 AM
I know the bike well, I'll be on the lookout.

Fernman
Wed Jun 29th, 2011, 01:40 AM
I think you mean it was stolen on the 28th.

Will keep an eye out.

konaman
Wed Jun 29th, 2011, 04:54 AM
Oh man thats super lame, I'll be on the look out for sure.

Sean
Wed Jun 29th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Man, that sucks! :guns:

WHTEVO
Wed Jun 29th, 2011, 07:40 AM
I'll keep my eye out. They'd be dumb to be riding it around here but you never know. Good luck.

Aaron

VFR
Wed Jun 29th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Right up the road, will keep an eye out.

Ninja2
Wed Jun 29th, 2011, 09:14 AM
^^ Same here. Keep us posted in case there is any development.

aerofaze
Wed Jun 29th, 2011, 11:30 AM
That sucks!! I live in that area and I'll keep my eyes open for it.

Where were you parked???

DeeStylez
Wed Jun 29th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Hope you get it back in 1 piece looks like a sweet bike. I'm also curious to where it was parked?

zerocool
Wed Jun 29th, 2011, 11:38 AM
I'll keep an eye out. Was this a residential area? At night?

I had my bike stolen from my luxury apartment complex. Had a huge anti theft chain on it too. Only think left behind was pieces of the cropped chain.

lil_shane84
Wed Jun 29th, 2011, 04:22 PM
bike was sittin in my apartment parking lot off of montebello. people are moving about most of the evening which seems so odd that they would take it that early in the evening.

Achupernt
Wed Jun 29th, 2011, 05:03 PM
That sucks big time! Just a question, but did you walk around your complex? Maybe someone just moved it "to be funny". I actually had that happen at my complex once. either way I travel that way so I'll keep an eye out. Good Luck.

Concabar
Wed Jun 29th, 2011, 05:44 PM
bike was sittin in my apartment parking lot off of montebello. people are moving about most of the evening which seems so odd that they would take it that early in the evening.

The Beverly Place Apartments right?

lil_shane84
Wed Jun 29th, 2011, 07:27 PM
yes Conc. Beverly Place.

i walked around the neighborhood till 4am. bars were locked n the way it was parked it hadto have been tossed onto a truck or trailer

Richard
Wed Jun 29th, 2011, 07:33 PM
dang man! sorry to hear.
i'll keep my eye out too.

Concabar
Wed Jun 29th, 2011, 07:50 PM
I use to live there, I saw your bike out all the time. Sorry to hear about it. I never thought it would happen there, I use to keep mine out all the time. Ever since the new management came in all types of stuff been happening at that complex. I hope you find it.

DeeStylez
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 05:54 PM
I happend to pass a bike identical to the bike you have in the picture. I was headed east when I seen the bike headed west on Belleview around 2pm. Beleview and Colorado is about where I spotted it, had no way to post up right away since my phone doesnt have internet capabality. The rider was wearing full gear and helmit with a mirror image face shield so really couldn't get much more description than that.

d3spair
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 06:13 PM
It's recovered fyi, and destroyed =/

aerofaze
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Crap. That sucks. :(

Perhaps a new bike could be a consolation prize?

Concabar
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Sorry about your bike

grim
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 07:29 PM
It's recovered fyi, and destroyed =/

was it dropped or did they gut it?

mdub
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 07:44 PM
mutha fkers.....nutting worse than a f'ing thief....

koru
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 08:40 PM
That is shitty do you get to spend five minutes with the thief alone or what.

lil_shane84
Fri Jul 1st, 2011, 09:02 AM
Bike has been recovered! They spray painted the whole thing. Literally the WHOLE thing. Took he back rim off. Broke the ignition n top clamp and busted my clutch.

grim
Fri Jul 1st, 2011, 09:05 AM
Bike has been recovered! They spray painted the whole thing. Literally the WHOLE thing. Took he back rim off. Broke the ignition n top clamp and busted my clutch.

WTF man thats messed up have you had the police see if they can get any prints?

bornwildnfree
Fri Jul 1st, 2011, 09:18 AM
I'm glad you got the bike back man. If you need help working on it, let me know.

Drift
Fri Jul 1st, 2011, 09:18 AM

That is a terrible thing, to lose something AND for the little f*cks to also vandalize it.

I am sorry about your loss.

VFR
Fri Jul 1st, 2011, 09:34 AM
Do you have any enemies? This sounds like someone trying to piss you off

Sorry to hear!

fiveninerzero
Fri Jul 1st, 2011, 10:19 PM
slimy

Titus
Fri Jul 1st, 2011, 10:38 PM
bummer man, does it look like a total loss? New bike time perhaps??

Clovis
Sat Jul 2nd, 2011, 09:02 PM
I agree on the whole 5 minutes alone with the thief.

In 08 my R1 was stolen (from the Springs) and recovered a year later across the country in North Carolina!

Have you heard from the insurance yet?

fiveninerzero
Sat Jul 2nd, 2011, 09:07 PM
If your bike gets stolen, check ebay, stuntlife.com and craigslist classifieds, half the stuff there is stolen

lil_shane84
Sun Jul 3rd, 2011, 09:30 AM
sorry ive been wicked busy trying to get old girl back together the last couple days.

GRIM - the cops didnt get prints. its colorado springs, they dont do shit here.

Lowes and Home Depot carry this graffiti remover that comes in a spray bottle like windex. i stripped the bike and sprayed everything, let it sit a few minutes and then took like a car cleaning brush and the paint literally wiped right off. no damage to the clear coat at all... although they did manage to get a few fairly deep scratches i should be able to wetsand, wax and buff everything out! the nose fairing needs to be replaced as they put 2 - 2" cracks in it.

i shaved the top clamp and relocated the ignition (dont ask where it is)

found a rim and a tire on ebay to replace the one they stole

they broke the bump stop on the clutch lever that prevents it from extending backwards so i hadta order new aftermarket levers (not sure what their purpose was for that)

they stole my gas cap and put a small crease in my tank, a friend had a replacement for me

while its tore down i ordered new exhaust, bmc filter, new plugs, changed my oil to sikolene full synthetic, topped all other fluids. did the kleen air mod and a couple other misc. detail things. just waiting on parts right now

cbrjohnny
Sun Jul 3rd, 2011, 09:32 AM
glad u got her back!

Drift
Sun Jul 3rd, 2011, 09:55 AM
Sounds like you are going to have to start calling her "Phoenix"...risen from the ashes.

Good work getting her all back together and upgraded.

Ciao,
Drift

fiveninerzero
Sun Jul 3rd, 2011, 10:12 AM
GRIM - the cops didnt get prints. its colorado springs, they dont do shit here.

sounds about right

Wrider
Sun Jul 3rd, 2011, 11:26 AM
Sounds like you are going to have to start calling her "Phoenix"...risen from the ashes.

Isn't that it's second "resurrection"? I think you definitely call her "Phoenix".

sounds about right

Agreed. Had people break into my house last year and rob it. Cops didn't notice the pry marks on two other windows and a door, nor did they even try to grab fingerprints or anything.

grim
Sun Jul 3rd, 2011, 12:09 PM
Isn't that it's second "resurrection"? I think you definitely call her "Phoenix".

Agreed. Had people break into my house last year and rob it. Cops didn't notice the pry marks on two other windows and a door, nor did they even try to grab fingerprints or anything.

guess that's why it's the dirty south gotta get your vigilante justice on!

dbx
Sun Jul 3rd, 2011, 01:52 PM
guess that's why it's the dirty south gotta get your vigilante justice on!

:up: