PDA

View Full Version : Friday July 8th - PMP

Ghost
Wed Jun 29th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Anyone?

Bueller
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 08:03 AM
I am sure there will be a few MRA folks there, I am racing there Saturday, not riding Friday though.

Looks like they are short on signups as of now and it may be cancelled.

Ninja2
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 11:02 AM
I received an email this morning from FAAST with the following info. Looks like more folks need to register to make this happen:

Hello all,

We have only 13 bikes pre-registered for the PMP Bike Lapping Day July 8. That obviously is not near enough to support the costs of the track rental, the insurance, and the ambulance.

We are one week from the event with a Holiday in the way. We will cancel the event if this does not change quickly.

Gates open at 7am. Hot at 8am. $120 all day, no half day. Sessions if needed.

Register and pay here: www.faasst.com/registration.html (http://www.faasst.com/registration.html)

If you choose to pay at the gate, register first and remember to bring exact change. We will NOT have change at the gate and we will NOT accept credit cards the day of the event.

If your intention is to attend this event, the ball is now in your court to make it happen.

Thanks!

Judy Faass

Ghost
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 11:06 AM
I received an email this morning from FAAST with the following info. Looks like more folks need to register to make this happen:

Hello all,

We have only 13 bikes pre-registered for the PMP Bike Lapping Day July 8. That obviously is not near enough to support the costs of the track rental, the insurance, and the ambulance.

We are one week from the event with a Holiday in the way. We will cancel the event if this does not change quickly.

Gates open at 7am. Hot at 8am. $120 all day, no half day. Sessions if needed.

Register and pay here: www.faasst.com/registration.html (http://www.faasst.com/registration.html)

If you choose to pay at the gate, register first and remember to bring exact change. We will NOT have change at the gate and we will NOT accept credit cards the day of the event.

If your intention is to attend this event, the ball is now in your court to make it happen.

Thanks!

Judy Faass

Awesome...I'm still juggling a ride (man I miss having access to my own truck).

Judy's struggled since HPR opened, most prefer the new track to the walled & rippled oven that's PMP...

Bummer though...

Wonder just HOW many more she needs?

20?
30?
40?

Ninja2
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 11:10 AM
^^ I sent a message to her with this link and your question. Will let you know once she replies.

Ghost
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 11:11 AM
^^ I sent a message to her with this link and your question. Will let you know once she replies.

Sweet, tyvm!

UglyDogRacing
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Judy needs 40

Ghost
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Judy needs 40

Hmm, 27 short...I assume most people sign up shortly before the day but still...that seems like a lot to make up at this point...

Ninja2
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Pulled up some pics from last year. It was a lot of fun! Even though HPR is newer, I still like PMP and prefer it over street riding any day. Unfortunately, I cannot take the day off.:cry:

Ghost
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Pulled up some pics from last year. It was a lot of fun! Even though HPR is newer, I still like PMP and prefer it over street riding any day. Unfortunately, I cannot take the day off.:cry:

Until HPR came online and spoiled everyone PMP was the *only* place to go for like...4 years? Something like that.

I enjoy a lot of PMP, and track always beats street riding for sheer fun (and convenience, lack of cops, lack of wildlife, immediacy of medical support, etc.), I just wish PMP had the funds to fix some of its issues.

Zach929rr
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 11:56 AM
I just wish PMP had the funds to fix some of its issues.

Last I heard, the city approved funds + some to repave at the end of this season.

Booyah? Booyah.

Ninja2
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Yeah. I heard so, too. Jim W - do you have more info about this? There might have also been a thread..

Ghost
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Last I heard, the city approved funds + some to repave at the end of this season.

Booyah? Booyah.

Booyah!

UglyDogRacing
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Yeah. I heard so, too. Jim W - do you have more info about this? There might have also been a thread..

City plans to repave and add additional amenities like RV hookups after this season.

rybo
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 12:14 PM
City plans to repave and add additional amenities like RV hookups after this season.

To the tune of about $1M in track improvements....Can't wait!

spideyrdr
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 12:19 PM
I plan to sign up but I can't tell if the weather will cooperate. The cancellation policy seems... not friendly. If it's raining on Friday, do they still have the practice day? If not, are we still out the fee?

OUTLAWD
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 12:31 PM
I'll be there on Friday most likely, just not on the track...

rforsythe
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 01:14 PM
I plan to sign up but I can't tell if the weather will cooperate. The cancellation policy seems... not friendly. If it's raining on Friday, do they still have the practice day? If not, are we still out the fee?

Looks like if they cancel the whole day, you get a refund. If they run in the rain (not sure how they could at PMP, turn 10 negates that) and you don't want to do it, you can get your fee applied to another day. Since it won't be raining the whole day, I'd think a small stoppage here or there isn't going to result in you getting money back. That's just what I interpreted from their page though.

jgixxer1
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Damn! I've been looking forward to this TD since I tried to race rd1 superstreet which was cancelled. Haven't been on a track since March.

I hope they will extend the deadline before making a final decision. Its doubtful 27 people will sign up by tomorrow.

Ghost
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Friend of mine says that Faasst called back to say that the 8th is ON, can anyone else confirm that?

UglyDogRacing
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Friend of mine says that Faasst called back to say that the 8th is ON, can anyone else confirm that?

It was never canceled.

Cjake39
Fri Jul 1st, 2011, 11:32 AM
The track day is for sure a go. If anything there may be a limit of spots available at this point...

UglyDogRacing
Fri Jul 1st, 2011, 11:35 AM
If anything there may be a limit of spots available at this point...

How is that?

Cjake39
Fri Jul 1st, 2011, 04:19 PM
Capped at 100 riders. The numbers not there yet, so sign up or come down if you want to run. The day is on for sure.

hcr25
Fri Jul 1st, 2011, 05:03 PM
I have been e mailing judy.
The day will have sessions. The day is filling but there is room. Judy puts on a good day and Pueblo is a fun track.
Mike

UglyDogRacing
Fri Jul 1st, 2011, 11:43 PM
Capped at 100 riders. The numbers not there yet, so sign up or come down if you want to run. The day is on for sure.