PDA

View Full Version : Totally Screwed....

Aphrodite
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 11:56 AM
As I posted on FB, Dead in the water and screwed......

I been Job hunting since January and was working on the WIA program they had more hurdles than I had time so I signed up on my own to begin school, after the loss of my bike, I had to sell my Van then my tools now my cars transmission goes out 2 weeks before extension for unemployment so I been holding off even looking at that issue now as of yesterday I found out I been denied the extension and it says quote "Under federal law, you can not appeal this decision even if you disagree".

No Family, no money no transportation, no job, and I am at the top of my class 98% student as a Medical Assistant/X-ray tech student, it is a job that when I graduate can make some differences and ok/good money and make a living and will be a secure job with potential to grow with furthering my education.

The field I come from requires one to be available 24/7 pretty much, and I am going to school from 4:30pm till 10:30pm M~F and they say so sorry can't use you we need closers or we need you to have your own car or what ever.

I will flip burgers or what ever I just need a job, this is BS the jobs that I am qualified for the most now must be able to speak Spanish WTFH I got no problems with Spanish speaking individuals, but really, I must speak that language to work there? And this includes the f-ing Burger King up the street from me :banghead:

I will do almost anything as long as I can keep going to school, I really need this career and I am doing well in the schooling not to mention I got student loans now and if I quit I will still have those and it would be monthly more than I would be able to make flipping hamburgers so I must finish my school. Keep in mind I am on the RTD to get around now or my Bicycle.....Like I say I am screwed....

So if you or anyone gets any leads in anything, hit me up on FB or hit me up via my Cell Phone 7)436-0525

grim
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Where do you live?

Sean
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Judging by her "location" under her avatar, I'm guessing the Sheridan, Alameda, Morrison triangle. ie: Sheridan, south of 6th Ave.

grim
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Judging by her "location" under her avatar, I'm guessing the Sheridan, Alameda, Morrison triangle. ie: Sheridan, south of 6th Ave.

Fuck me man thats the second time ive done that!!! thanks!

grim
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 12:42 PM
pm sent

Filo
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Starbucks?

To work, not to drink.

Aphrodite
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 03:07 PM
I went for an interview today, one of the 5000 it seems I went on, this one is for a company called USI they deal with commercial cleaning equipment, technical end of it. I am not holding my breath but definably took me a second to calm down to be presentable. ,at least promised to call me and tell me yes or no.

VFR
Thu Jun 30th, 2011, 03:13 PM
How will you get back and forth from work if it pans out?

Aphrodite
Fri Jul 1st, 2011, 12:35 AM
Ok success, I got the job salary position, technical support FTW glad I am trained via IICRC (Institute for Inspection, cleaning and restoration, certified) for the last 5 years and had answers even though 1 hour before I was not in the know I was even going to get a call to come he randomly called asked if I could be there.

11:56am posted here feeling bad, 12:32pm got the call to come for interview, 1:30pm was being interviewed, 4:50pm got the call that I got the job. Funny how things work, glad I was always prepared for "that" call. Now I can sleep at night once again.

As far as getting back and forth, I am as of tonight borrowing a friends car, and hopfully will have my child support caught up in a week or so (one payment) and money to fix the transmission, in a few payment then get my attorney paid off to get my bankruptcy rolling full swing to be done with it then to chillax and get through school. Somewhere in the middle will be moving to a smaller place, with smaller bills.

Funny how things work. :w00t: Thanks for the love :rock:

FZRguy
Fri Jul 1st, 2011, 01:15 AM
Congrats on the new job.

SaShWhO
Fri Jul 1st, 2011, 11:06 AM
check with UPS and FedEx