PDA

View Full Version : Chicane at HPR 9/5/2011- Sign up early and donate to a good cause!

Pages : [1] 2

rybo
Sat Jul 2nd, 2011, 07:48 AM
I'm pleased to announce that we've been able to schedule another day at HPR for 2011!

http://ChicaneTrackDays.com/register.html

Chicane and Boulder Motorsports present a holiday weekend trackday at Colorado's fantastic High Plains Raceway! Join us for a fun filled, safe and structured day of high speed enjoyment!

Sign up before 8/1/2011 and Chicane will donate $25.00 of your entry fee to whatever cause is set up for the daughter of fallen CSC rider, Dave Camp.

Furthermore if you sign up before August 1st you'll be placed in a drawing for a free trackday. All riders who commit before August 1st will be placed in a drawing. If you are the winner you will learn about it at the riders meeting on September 5th when I refund your trackday fee for the day!

As usual there will be instructors on hand to help you expand your riding potential and a very limited number of "never ever" spots are available. All sessions and the intro course still have space available. Boulder Motorsports will be providing lunch for registered participants!

We have an outstanding day planned! Looking forward to seeing you there!

Snowman
Sat Jul 2nd, 2011, 07:54 AM
I'm there...

BadR6Man
Sat Jul 2nd, 2011, 07:55 AM
Chicane and Boulder Motorsports present a weekend trackday at Colorado's fantastic High Plains Raceway!

It looks like 9/5/2011 is on a monday and not a weekend. But I am definitely coming out again. signing up this weekend

rybo
Sat Jul 2nd, 2011, 07:58 AM
Chicane and Boulder Motorsports present a weekend trackday at Colorado's fantastic High Plains Raceway!

It looks like 9/5/2011 is on a monday and not a weekend. But I am definitely coming out again. signing up this weekend

John - Holiday weekend - the 5th is Labor Day. I'll make the correction in the text, thanks for the heads up.

s

Vellos
Sat Jul 2nd, 2011, 08:12 AM
Will try to ride this one.

asp_125
Sat Jul 2nd, 2011, 11:24 AM
Sign up before 8/1/2011 and Chicane will donate $25.00 of your entry fee to whatever cause is set up for the daughter of fallen rider, Dave.

that's awesome! Ann and I are signed up!

Ghost
Sat Jul 2nd, 2011, 11:26 AM
Sch-wee-ee-eee-eee-t

rfranks303
Sat Jul 2nd, 2011, 12:12 PM
:up:
I can work again if needed.

~Barn~
Sat Jul 2nd, 2011, 12:16 PM
I'm gonna try and encourage my buddy Adam (illadelphia), to do this. That discount you give for "never evers" is stupid to pass-up.

On that note, if I'm a "never ever" at HPR at least, do I qualify for this?

rybo
Sat Jul 2nd, 2011, 01:15 PM
I'm gonna try and encourage my buddy Adam (illadelphia), to do this. That discount you give for "never evers" is stupid to pass-up.

On that note, if I'm a "never ever" at HPR at least, do I qualify for this?

Sorry, but no. Never ever is for folks who are really doing their first ever trackday.

Id love to see you back at the track Barn - sign up would ya?

Scott

Bueller
Sat Jul 2nd, 2011, 01:32 PM
I am in and the wife is signed up as a never ever! (This is huge step foreward in her riding advancement).

Cornfed
Sat Jul 2nd, 2011, 03:41 PM
Count me in. I'll be registered by tomorrow!

OUTLAWD
Sat Jul 2nd, 2011, 04:18 PM
I'll be signing up when my next check rolls in...(not last minute like usual)

TransNone13
Sat Jul 2nd, 2011, 04:27 PM
I'll be there, smoother...

rybo
Sat Jul 2nd, 2011, 04:31 PM
Kyle,

We sell cans of "smooth". I'll make sure to bring you one.

:)

Scott

TransNone13
Sat Jul 2nd, 2011, 04:39 PM
You. Are. Hilarious!

I assume they are non-alcoholic since they will be served trackside, therefore I question their "smoothness".

lol

Ghost
Sat Jul 2nd, 2011, 05:42 PM
I'll be signing up when my next check rolls in...(not last minute like usual)

I'll be my typical last-minute self since I never know if/when I can catch a ride. :p

TransNone13
Sat Jul 2nd, 2011, 05:43 PM
I'll be my typical last-minute self since I never know if/when I can catch a ride. :p

Just like the other thread, I'll have space.

Ghost
Sat Jul 2nd, 2011, 05:54 PM
Just like the other thread, I'll have space.

Lol, awesome. Can you tell I miss having a truck and/or trailer?

TransNone13
Sat Jul 2nd, 2011, 06:14 PM
Yeah I have to have a. Truck. Duty moves too!

Drift
Sat Jul 2nd, 2011, 06:28 PM
What is this Never-Ever option?

Matrix
Sat Jul 2nd, 2011, 08:01 PM
Ohhh yeah. Not missing another one!!:applause:

ian22
Mon Jul 4th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Any special guests in mind? Will the outstanding photography folks be there?

ghostrider_9
Mon Jul 4th, 2011, 05:08 PM

You know we will be there, cameras in hand, ready to shoot!

rybo
Mon Jul 4th, 2011, 09:39 PM

Special guests?

I was thinking you!

Sean
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Did you not consult my calendar, again? :banghead: I'll be in the San Juans...

rybo
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Did you not consult my calendar, again? :banghead: I'll be in the San Juans...

Your sugar momma sure is good to you.

I've decided to give away a trackday to someone who signs up early. Please see the first post for details!

Sean
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Your sugar momma sure is good to you.
San Juan National Forest. And yes, she is.

....a free trackday for someone? Seriously? :shocked:

Tim K
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 09:20 AM
A free trackday? I'm in. Sign up complete!

Cap'n Crunch
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 10:00 AM
That's good stuff Rybo - it's awesome that part of the proceeds go to Dave's family. Now, I just need to find a way to scrounge up some money for this... My wife is going to kill me.

TransNone13
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Cap'n, didn't see you last time. Would have liked to say hello, hope to catch you on this one. We can car pool etc if you want.

ian22
Wed Jul 6th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Special guests?

I was thinking you!

lol, I was referring to someone who may know what they are doing.

bornwildnfree
Wed Jul 6th, 2011, 09:09 AM
That's really awesome Rybo. Thanks for doing the donation :-). If I can get leathers in time, I will try for this.

Stank Juic3
Wed Jul 6th, 2011, 05:19 PM
The Juice is In

rybo
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 08:16 AM
The gig just keeps getting better -

In addition to our regular program, the trackday giveaway for early signups and the donation program Chicane and several local businesses have assembled a drawing for some cool stuff that we're going to give away at the track!

Not all of the pieces are in place yet, but I can tell you that we'll be giving away stuff from:

Boulder Motorsports
STM Suspension
ATS Diesel
and On The Marc Photography

When you arrive at the track you will receive your tickets and be able to place them in buckets. Each prize will have a bucket and you'll be able to select which prizes you would like to win

People who register before August 1st will get 5 tickets.

People who register online, but after August 1st will get 3 tickets.

People who register at the track will get 1 ticket.

There are going to be some OUTSTANDING prizes - sign up soon - experience the best trackday available in Colorado!

Scott

cdbouncer
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 12:03 PM
You talk enough chica's into doing an all female never ever yet???

Bueller
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 12:08 PM
You talk enough chica's into doing an all female never ever yet???

My wife is signed up.

cdbouncer
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 12:11 PM
My wife is signed up.

Well there's one!

Don't we have:

a monster riding hotness
a lu riding rockstar
a demon riding athlete
a dragon riding geek

and those are just a few I know of that SHOULD Be signing their little butts up! :yay:

Reyven
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Scott, you have raised the bar once again. What you are doing for Dave's daughter is honorable. The added bonuses for those signing up are amazing!

Survivalism
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Im in guys, ill be putting in for the day off on sunday and will be signing up online ASAP.

Thanks for making this happen!! I cant wait!

DW
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 07:48 AM
As soon as I get the word I can move my annual Labor Day camping trip, I'm signing up!

And you know Mr. Kirimoto will be there throwing it down. Did y'all see that guy? All in shape now and stepped out on to HPR for the FIRST time and railed that mofo. I heard he got off and pushed the bike for a while just for some quick cardio and I still couldn't catch up to him.

kat.luvs.sportbikes
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 04:53 PM
How often does this happen for Chicane 'Never Ever'? I don't wanna pass up this opportunity, but first I gotta get all the gear from head to toe, network with someone to see if possible my bike can haul up there, insurance involve when riding on track too right? Also, setting up the bike for actual track. Plus my divorce junk. Jesus! Money i'd tell ya! :-(
I wanted to know, when this event gonna happen again? I wanna try track badly one day and do it more often.

TransNone13
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 05:00 PM
If you decide to go, I have a truck and a 5 x 8' trailer w/ ramp. Trying to make this with the KTM if it's finished. If not, I won't be going.

kat.luvs.sportbikes
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 05:08 PM
If you decide to go, I have a truck and a 5 x 8' trailer w/ ramp. Trying to make this with the KTM if it's finished. If not, I won't be going.

I appreciate it a lot. I will let you know, but first i gotta take care of the stuff that I need for track. I have too much questions in my mind, its like a full time job with this hobby. lol
I hope your KTM is on working progress?

Sarge
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Craaaap. It's a week after my birthday, but being active duty I don't know if I'll be working or not.

On a side note, I have a back protector, but I don't know if it's CE rated, and I don't have a Snell helmet or gauntlet gloves - How out of luck am I?

TransNone13
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 05:33 PM
I have all 3 you can loot. Also, it's Labor Day we SHOULD get it off...

PS When are we going on that ride?

Kat, it's the waiting game. We'll see :-/.

Sarge
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 05:34 PM
In laws finally left after almost 4 weeks, and I don't have to work until September, let me know. ;)

My issue is that we're supposed to be going to the field sometime in September.

Rybo, if I buy a ticket now and can't make it, can I get a full refund? If so I'll sign up today.

TransNone13, you have any XL/XXL helmets? I'm a little big in the melon department...

TransNone13
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Yeah, I don't have mongoloid sized helmets :D. But I do have XL A* gloves and A* Back protectors.

kat.luvs.sportbikes
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 05:40 PM
I have all 3 you can loot. Also, it's Labor Day we SHOULD get it off...

PS When are we going on that ride?

Kat, it's the waiting game. We'll see :-/.

Yeah, waiting game... hmph :-/
With all that money you put into, making you wait for...
How long has it been since they've been working on it?

Sarge
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Sweet. I've got a full 2 piece track suit (A* GP Pro) and a pair of SMX Plus boots, so I'm good there. I guess I'll have to hit up the donation thread the week before for Snell rated punch bowls. ;)

TransNone13
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 05:43 PM
I do my repairs, I'm waiting for parts. Been 1 week so far...

You have to have Snell for HPR? Mine have been, but I didn't know it was a requirement.

Survivalism
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Well see if im able to make this now, waiting on insurance to do their job so i know if im getting a new bike / etc.

Damn.. hopefully it works out that i make my way out their

kat.luvs.sportbikes
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 06:42 PM
I do my repairs, I'm waiting for parts. Been 1 week so far...

You have to have Snell for HPR? Mine have been, but I didn't know it was a requirement.

That's a major 'less of a pain', at least you do your own repairs and maintenance. I hope everything works in your end.

Reyven
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 08:36 PM
How often does this happen for Chicane 'Never Ever'? I don't wanna pass up this opportunity, but first I gotta get all the gear from head to toe, network with someone to see if possible my bike can haul up there, insurance involve when riding on track too right? Also, setting up the bike for actual track. Plus my divorce junk. Jesus! Money i'd tell ya! :-(
I wanted to know, when this event gonna happen again? I wanna try track badly one day and do it more often.

Kat, the "never ever" is an option at each Chicane day. Space is limited though, and it tends to sell out pretty quick. It's a great deal and a good intro to the track.

As for gear, sign up and then post up what you need. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the amount of help that is out there.

rforsythe
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Snell isn't a hard requirement for the track that I'm aware of, but it needs to be some other solid standard (DOT, British - BS I think, etc). *Do not* use some cheap knockoff helmet to save a few bucks, unless your life isn't worth a few bucks more.

Sarge
Mon Jul 18th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Kat, the "never ever" is an option at each Chicane day. Space is limited though, and it tends to sell out pretty quick. It's a great deal and a good intro to the track.

As for gear, sign up and then post up what you need. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the amount of help that is out there.

I just got my Never Ever. The website said only one was left. Don't know if that was mine (I had it in my cart but it wasn't purchased) or if it means there's only one left now.

Snell isn't a hard requirement for the track that I'm aware of, but it needs to be some other solid standard (DOT, British - BS I think, etc). *Do not* use some cheap knockoff helmet to save a few bucks, unless your life isn't worth a few bucks more.

Thanks, I talked to Rybo about it. I've got a DOT rated HJC full face helmet and he said it would be good enough. I just remember reading places where Snell was a requirement for the track. Like I mentioned before, I've got a full suit, racing boots, back protector, etc and I'm a firm believer in ATGATT, the only exceptions I make are jeans vs leathers. I always wear a jacket and gloves, and not just an ACU jacket - a riding jacket.

kat.luvs.sportbikes
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 12:29 PM

I think, I'll just do this event next riding season. Its a lot of money to spend, especially with gear. Boy, i wish again I was rich! LOL
One day CHICANE TRACK DAY! One day! :-)
I can be a spectator though right? I'll just watch and tease myself with all the riders doing it. SOB!!!!!

Reyven
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 12:54 PM
I think, I'll just do this event next riding season. Its a lot of money to spend, especially with gear. Boy, i wish again I was rich! LOL
One day CHICANE TRACK DAY! One day! :-)
I can be a spectator though right? I'll just watch and tease myself with all the riders doing it. SOB!!!!!

I made excuses for a long time too....... and the more you go watch, the more you want to do it. So be prepared for that. Chances of you finding gear to borrow are good, so it's really not all that expensive. :) Just sayin.....

OUTLAWD
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 01:43 PM
I made excuses for a long time too....... and the more you go watch, the more you want to do it. So be prepared for that. Chances of you finding gear to borrow are good, so it's really not all that expensive. :) Just sayin.....

No more excuses! :D

Reyven
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 02:23 PM
No more excuses! :D

Yes, you effectively squashed the rest of them. Thanks!

JohnMaguire
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 03:19 PM
I'm confused on what the 'never ever option' is. I am definitely interested and have never done a track day before. Can someone elaborate on what the rates are?

kat.luvs.sportbikes
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 03:33 PM

Its my only good excuse really. Money is mostly kicking my rear, as I am going thru divorce. :boom:
I am just gonna watch, observe and cry in my mind. :-(
Story of my phcking life. Sigh...
Idk my size gear and not sure how much to set up the bike either. Its all money Reyven. :-/

TransNone13
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Bike just needs the mirrors removed, lights tapes and water w/ redline. I would remove the light and horn fuse too. Too e-z.

Ghost
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Bike just needs the mirrors removed, lights tapes and water w/ redline. I would remove the light and horn fuse too. Too e-z.

Depends on the bike. On my CBR600RR, if you pull the headlight fuse the bike won't start, you have to disconnect the pigtail connectors behind the lamp assembly.

TransNone13
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 05:09 PM
That's a given, your bike will vary. Don't take me literally. :p. Unless of course you have a late model 1Krr.

Bueller
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 05:10 PM
I'm confused on what the 'never ever option' is. I am definitely interested and have never done a track day before. Can someone elaborate on what the rates are?

It is very limited and appears to be sold out for this event.

OUTLAWD
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Yes, you effectively squashed the rest of them. Thanks!

I'm good at squashing stuff...hopes, dreams, etc...

iPraetorian
Sun Jul 24th, 2011, 08:26 PM
I'd love to go but need someone to trailer with. Suggestions, offers? I'll cover gas round trip...

rybo
Mon Jul 25th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Just a reminder -

A few more days remain to assure that a portion of your trackday fee goes to support Alyssa Camp.

In addition we've got some great prizes to give away - the earlier you sign up the greater your chances of winning!

Thanks for all the support - see you at the track!

Scott

Snowman
Mon Jul 25th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Scott, you might want to splash this up on your Facebook page. I could then link it to other group

Slo
Mon Jul 25th, 2011, 08:46 AM
I think I will be in for this one..... need to get familiar with HPR before next year haha.

MilkMan
Mon Aug 1st, 2011, 02:19 PM
I would love to attend this but I have a few questions. Fist concerning my gear. I have berriks moto GP pants with pucks ect, and a full leather padded jacket, but they only zip together at the back. And also, the boots that I have do not have sliders on them. Is this stuff legal to run or are dedicated track boots and full suits the standard? I also plan on picking up a set of full gauntlet gloves in the near future because I know the wrist high ones are not legal. Another side note, my bike is not safety wired at all, is that needed to run on the track? And lastly, what are the rules for lights, mirrors, ect? As in do the mirrors have to be removed or can they, with the lights, just be tapped over for the day? This would be my first track day ever, so any help is greatly appreciated guys! Thanks in advance for the info!
-Mick-

TransNone13
Mon Aug 1st, 2011, 02:23 PM
The bike does not have to be wired. The coolant needs to be water or a mixture with water wetter (no glycol based fluids). Masking tape the lights and signals. Remove the mirrors and I would remove anything else I could which could break. I usually remove my brake light/horn fuse and remove the bulbs from my headlights. The tires need to be above the wear indicators. I don't know the rules for any of the gear requirements.

Bueller
Mon Aug 1st, 2011, 02:25 PM
I would love to attend this but I have a few questions. Fist concerning my gear. I have berriks moto GP pants with pucks ect, and a full leather padded jacket, but they only zip together at the back. And also, the boots that I have do not have sliders on them. Is this stuff legal to run or are dedicated track boots and full suits the standard? I also plan on picking up a set of full gauntlet gloves in the near future because I know the wrist high ones are not legal. Another side note, my bike is not safety wired at all, is that needed to run on the track? And lastly, what are the rules for lights, mirrors, ect? As in do the mirrors have to be removed or can they, with the lights, just be tapped over for the day? This would be my first track day ever, so any help is greatly appreciated guys! Thanks in advance for the info!
-Mick-

http://chicanetrackdays.com/how.html

I think I will be in for this one..... need to get familiar with HPR before next year haha.
haha what? You need to start running some laps, you will likey the kookies.

rforsythe
Mon Aug 1st, 2011, 02:28 PM
If you have a two-piece suit it does need to zip together the majority of the circumference - the little back flap won't cut it, as the two pieces can then come apart and expose your torso in a crash. Rybo can comment on availability (if any) for loaner gear, but usually other folks can loan you something as well unless you're some really tiny or really large person.

Sliders aren't required, though obviously recommended for track riding. That will depend on how aggressive you are though; if it's your first time, I wouldn't worry much about that anyway.

Sean
Mon Aug 1st, 2011, 02:34 PM
Rybo can comment on availability (if any) for loaner gear, but usually other folks can loan you something as well unless you're some really tiny or really large person.Like this?

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=594222#post594222

rforsythe
Mon Aug 1st, 2011, 02:41 PM
Sorta like that!

MilkMan
Mon Aug 1st, 2011, 02:48 PM
If you have a two-piece suit it does need to zip together the majority of the circumference - the little back flap won't cut it, as the two pieces can then come apart and expose your torso in a crash. Rybo can comment on availability (if any) for loaner gear, but usually other folks can loan you something as well unless you're some really tiny or really large person.

Sliders aren't required, though obviously recommended for track riding. That will depend on how aggressive you are though; if it's your first time, I wouldn't worry much about that anyway.

I dont think I'd be able to borrow a suit (the main part I would need I'm guessing due to my stuff not zipping together fully) due to being one of those pretty large people lol! I'm 6'4" and 200 lbs so not too many people that ride bikes are close to my size! I will try to talk to my friend who does custom car interiors and see if she may be able to install the zippers that I need on my stuff. About the only other thing I think I would need would be the back protector then... May do some searching around and see what I can find on craigslist ect. Thanks for the info guys! Hopefully I can make it out to this!
-Mick-

sbgixxer
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 10:39 AM
What exactly are the rules for headlights? The different track days I did in CA varied. Some required taping of the headlights and for others just yanking the bulbs was ok. If I was able to make this event, I'd be removing the mirrors and blinkers so they're a non-issue.

Thanks for any help.
Shawn

Ghost
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 10:50 AM
What exactly are the rules for headlights? The different track days I did in CA varied. Some required taping of the headlights and for others just yanking the bulbs was ok. If I was able to make this event, I'd be removing the mirrors and blinkers so they're a non-issue.

Thanks for any help.
Shawn

It's best to pull the bulbs or the fuse before taping the lights (required) so the tape doesn't make a mess. Blue painter tape seems to work best for most people, followed by colored duck tape

sbgixxer
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Cool, thanks for the info. I'll either make this event or something early in October (3rd or 7th). This will be my first trip to HPR or any in CO for that matter. I'm excited to try a new track.

:cheers:

Ghost
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Cool, thanks for the info. I'll either make this event or something early in October (3rd or 7th). This will be my first trip to HPR or any in CO for that matter. I'm excited to try a new track.

:cheers:

HPR's the best track we've got, Chicane Days are the most organized, definitely worth going.

sbgixxer
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 01:45 PM
What do you mean by most organized? How do the Chicane days differ from standard lapping days?

What I'm used to is arriving and deciding on your own (unless you show incapable) which class (of three...A,B, or C) to run in. From there, you run with your class, no inside passing, wreckless or over aggressive moves that could have an effect on another rider, or intentional, sustained wheelies. Is this close to what I should expect?

Zach929rr
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 03:51 PM
this close to what I should expect?

Yes.

rybo
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Chicane runs what I'd call a "structured" trackday. We have instructors, control riders and groups separated by ability / speed.

Also on the 5th lunch will provided by Boulder Motorsports
Energy snacks provided by Honey Stinger
Suspension Tuning on site with STM suspension
Tire service from Vanmar Racing and Michelin
Door prizes from STM Suspension, ATS Diesel, Boulder Motorsports and more.

Chicane is donating a trackday to the Dave Camp benefit and we've collected enough from early registraton to donate a couple hundred dollars in addition to the trackday.

I'm extending the registration / donation period - anyone who signs up prior to the benefit ride day (aug 20th) will have $25 of their entry fee donated to the benefit.

Thanks for the support!

Scott

Sean
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 09:50 AM
I'm extending the registration / donation period - anyone who signs up prior to the benefit ride day (aug 20th) will have $25 of their entry fee donated to the benefit. :applause:

chronicboy
Thu Aug 11th, 2011, 05:44 PM
any camping availible at the track the night before?
or in the area?

ghostrider_9
Thu Aug 11th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Also on the 5th lunch will provided by Boulder Motorsports
Energy snacks provided by Honey Stinger
Suspension Tuning on site with STM suspension
Tire service from Vanmar Racing and Michelin
Door prizes from STM Suspension, ATS Diesel, Boulder Motorsports and more.

And pics from the coolest guys ever . . .

rforsythe
Thu Aug 11th, 2011, 08:59 PM
And pics from the coolest guys ever . . .

Wicky?

:D

asp_125
Thu Aug 11th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Wicky?

Yanno Marc, now that's he's legit you might actually have to pay him. ;)

ghostrider_9
Thu Aug 11th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Wicky?

Ouch! That just hurts! Where's the love?

Yanno Marc, now that's he's legit you might actually have to pay him. ;)

I think it's a win/win situation for both of us. . .

Cornfed
Thu Aug 11th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Signed up, paid. Counting the days!

eklew
Sun Aug 14th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Will be great to be back at a Chicane day, can't wait to see you all out there!

TransNone13
Sun Aug 14th, 2011, 08:14 PM
If anyone needs a ride or is on the fence due to logistics, hit me up. My race bike won't be done by then and I have a truck and a trailer. Can haul two bikes. Just pay for gas, otherwise I'm going to ride up and watch.

rforsythe
Sun Aug 14th, 2011, 08:28 PM

^^ proof that we let just about anyone into these things! That means the rest of you have no excuse for not being there! :D Sign up!

Foolds
Sun Aug 14th, 2011, 08:44 PM

O shit.. you are back again.. Does this mean I'm going to get yelled at again?

eklew
Sun Aug 14th, 2011, 10:21 PM
O shit.. you are back again.. Does this mean I'm going to get yelled at again?

Only if you act like a FOOL!!!!

OUTLAWD
Sun Aug 14th, 2011, 10:23 PM

then yes.

Concabar
Mon Aug 15th, 2011, 11:54 AM
I am a maybe. Sitting on the fence

Slo
Mon Aug 15th, 2011, 12:03 PM
I am a maybe. Sitting on the fence

Do it!!!!!! You will have a blast.

Concabar
Mon Aug 15th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Can you help me prep my bike?!?

Slo
Mon Aug 15th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Can you help me prep my bike?

Moi??? If so....of course I can!!

Concabar
Mon Aug 15th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Moi??? If so....of course I can!!

Yes you....that is if you don't mind.

Slo
Mon Aug 15th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Remind me to kick you when I see you!!!! Of course I can help you prep the bike, let me know what weekend to come over, just not the 27th.

Concabar
Mon Aug 15th, 2011, 12:11 PM
I will PM

Concabar
Mon Aug 15th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Anyone going from the Southern Metro area going to this?

Zach929rr
Mon Aug 15th, 2011, 12:39 PM
TJ if Jay can't help, you can bring the bike over to my place in Littleton and I could help you out as well.

Sully
Mon Aug 15th, 2011, 12:39 PM
I would like to go.. anyone have trailer space? Kyle?

TJ, I can help you as well.

Slo
Mon Aug 15th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Concabar needs someone with room to haul her bike to the chicane day....

Sully
Mon Aug 15th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Concabar needs someone with room to haul her bike to the chicane day....

We are working on a solution, hopefully :)

Foolds
Mon Aug 15th, 2011, 12:51 PM

Great.. I'm Getting yelled at!

OUTLAWD
Mon Aug 15th, 2011, 01:04 PM
I think my trailer is full...but i can help with any bike prep/making fun of George

Concabar
Mon Aug 15th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Thanks Zach, Jay said he will help me out on the preparations. He lives like 15 mins from me.

Sully got a trailer, so we are good. Thanks y'all

Ghost
Mon Aug 15th, 2011, 05:11 PM
If I'm still in CO I'll go, just still up in the air atm...plus, I'd need a spot for my bike, but that might be solved if my buddy ends up going...

Concabar
Mon Aug 15th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Is never ever not available, or would I be beginner since I never been on a the track?

Cornfed
Mon Aug 15th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Anyone going from the Southern Metro area going to this?

Ill be throwin the bike in the back of the pick up and heading out of Parker.
The offer stands here too if you need help prepping your bike. :hibye:

Ghost
Mon Aug 15th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Is never ever not available, or would I be beginner since I never been on a the track?

Never Ever is limited to a few slots, and I don't think they're being offered at this day.

Concabar
Mon Aug 15th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Ill be throwin the bike in the back of the pick up and heading out of Parker.
The offer stands here too if you need help prepping your bike. :hibye:

Right on. Thanks may see ya there.

Never Ever is limited to a few slots, and I don't think they're being offered at this day.

Oh hell
Soo would I be classified as a beginner and would I be able to move up in class, do you know?

Bueller
Mon Aug 15th, 2011, 09:33 PM
The never ever is a limited offer, only a few spots every event. They sell out quick. Nawtee is signed up for one this time. Beginner would be where you want to start. There will be a ton of help for you. If you progress rapidly you could ask to be moved up to intermediate but I am sure you will be happy in beginner for the first day.

Concabar
Tue Aug 16th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Thanks Bueller. I am registering now

TransNone13
Tue Aug 16th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Thanks Bueller. I am registering now

Awesome, you won't regret it!

OUTLAWD
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 08:01 AM
I am finally signed up...woot!

rybo
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Thanks to everyone who's registered so far!

Today is the last day to sign up and have $25 of your registration go to the Dave Camp Fund.

We have a great day planned, please plan on joining us!

Scott

ghostrider_9
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 09:33 AM
I am not sure about you guys, but I can't wait for this to happen!

Sean
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 09:33 AM
I'm still supposed to be out of town. But as soon as I win that free trackday at the Dave Camp Benefit, and Rybo let's me borrow his Duc for the day, I'll talk Angela into rescheduling our trip. :up:

Sully
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Thanks to everyone who's registered so far!

Today is the last day to sign up and have $25 of your registration go to the Dave Camp Fund.

We have a great day planned, please plan on joining us!

Scott

:up: IN! :bananna:

rforsythe
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Are you bringing your floss to the trackday too? :shock:

OUTLAWD
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 10:07 AM

nvm...I'm out

Sully
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Are you bringing your floss to the trackday too? :shock:

No creepers for this day, Ralph! lol

nvm...I'm out

Where is the luv, Dave... gahhh... :slap: If you're out, just more room for me to be a rolling road block! :p

Bueller
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 10:43 AM
He don't wanna get passed by a chick.

OUTLAWD
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 10:54 AM
I get that enough with Sam and Wyeth

Sully
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Awww c'mon, Dave! We can have a little fun :eyebrows:

Concabar
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Awww c'mon, Dave! We can have a little fun :eyebrows:

Yea Dave

OUTLAWD
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 09:31 PM
yeah Dave...

wait what?

and I don't need any added distractions...rumor has it that I have been having some target fixation issues as it is

rybo
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Thank you to the 20 people who pre-registered for this event!

With your help Chicane will be donating $500 to the Dave Camp Memorial fund which will be directed to his daughter Alyssa.

In addition each of you will be receiving 5 tickets for the drawings that we'll be holding for some super cool schwag at the event.

Thanks again!

There's still time - 2 hours remain in the pre-registration period to see funds donated to this worthy cause.

After that online registration will remain open - come join us!

Scott

Sean
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 06:07 AM
With your help Chicane will be donating $500 to the Dave Camp Memorial fund which will be directed to his daughter Alyssa.
For being the devil, you do some pretty nice things. :applause:

Snowman
Sun Aug 21st, 2011, 07:31 PM
I have a small problem.

I've come into possession of a Chicane Day that can only be used on the 5th. I ended up winning the silent auction at the memorial fro Dave Camp. Since I had already paid to attend I can't use it. I bid $100.00 for it.

So he is what I'm offering...

If there are anyone still wanting in, I will give the pass to whoever can offer the highest donation to the Dave Camps Fund. Start as say 50$ I will keep this offer up until Wednesday.

I've already donated the $100 bid, lets see if we can get a little more to Dave's daughter.

tvnorm
Mon Aug 22nd, 2011, 02:11 PM
I have a small problem.

I've come into possession of a Chicane Day that can only be used on the 5th. I ended up winning the silent auction at the memorial fro Dave Camp. Since I had already paid to attend I can't use it. I bid $100.00 for it.

So he is what I'm offering...

If there are anyone still wanting in, I will give the pass to whoever can offer the highest donation to the Dave Camps Fund. Start as say 50$ I will keep this offer up until Wednesday.

I've already donated the $100 bid, lets see if we can get a little more to Dave's daughter.
I'll offer you $100.

chronicboy
Mon Aug 22nd, 2011, 04:24 PM
i'll make it $125
-this is for the admission for the chicane track day, correct?
not the silent auction

Snowman, this is a very cool thing you are doing for Daves daughter
may your good karma last forever

duh, i read your post again, with my head OUTSIDE of my ass- i think i got it this time

tvnorm
Mon Aug 22nd, 2011, 04:31 PM
A challenger appears.....$125.01 !!
Let the bidding war begin...

rybo
Mon Aug 22nd, 2011, 04:31 PM
i'll make it $125
-this is for the admission for the chicane track day, correct?

Yes, Randall won the trackday at the silent auction, so that pass is for him to do with as he pleases. I think it's VERY generous that he's offering it up this way - thank you Randall!

s

chronicboy
Mon Aug 22nd, 2011, 05:16 PM
i'm back!
hows about $130.01

Snowman
Mon Aug 22nd, 2011, 05:29 PM
Ooo this could get ugly :)

tvnorm
Mon Aug 22nd, 2011, 05:46 PM
$146.04

Snowman
Mon Aug 22nd, 2011, 06:04 PM
Someone broke open their change jar?

chronicboy
Mon Aug 22nd, 2011, 07:02 PM
$149.32
-yes, change jar smashed all over kitchen floor
another bid and i'm cleaning the friggin inside of the car!

Radek
Mon Aug 22nd, 2011, 09:12 PM
I'd love to go but need someone to trailer with. Suggestions, offers? I'll cover gas round trip...

hay man , I may sign for this track day , I should know couple days before 5th

tvnorm
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 07:45 AM
$160.

chronicboy
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 05:06 PM
$170

Snowman
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 05:32 PM
You boys got another 24 hours.
It's cool your going so high and it's going to a good cause.

tvnorm
Wed Aug 24th, 2011, 10:38 AM
$175

chronicboy
Wed Aug 24th, 2011, 07:27 PM
$180

tvnorm
Wed Aug 24th, 2011, 08:12 PM
$185

Snowman
Wed Aug 24th, 2011, 11:27 PM
looks like the winners is tvnorm with $185.00

rybo
Thu Aug 25th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Randall, Norm,

I'm extremely pleased about how this went. I donated a trackday to the cause, then the winner of that trackday put it back on the market (because he's already attending) and then you guys bid it up to a fantastic amount, again for the cause. Thank you for seeing the value in this offering by Randall and doing something great for our community.

Scott

chronicboy
Thu Aug 25th, 2011, 06:03 PM
yep, a very cool thing Snowman did
cheers to you ,man

Young Luke
Sun Aug 28th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Worse than crack I tell you.

I'm in, see you all on the 5th!

Bueller
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Worse than crack I tell you.

I'm in, see you all on the 5th!
:lol:

On a side note, what is the overnight camping situation looking like?

rybo
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Not sure yet - pre-registration is still quite low, in order to afford the o-nite security I need a few more people to sign up. I have to make a decision by tomorrow.

Scott

Bueller
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Cool, hopefully we'll get some more signups to help cover it. Is there a way we could donate separately to cover the cost? I sure hate gettin' up that early to drive to the track. ;)

rybo
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Dave -

I'll let you know - right now I hope a few more people simply sign up so that I can afford to provide it to all of you.

Scott

Reyven
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Dave -

I'll let you know - right now I hope a few more people simply sign up so that I can afford to provide it to all of you.

Scott

How many more do we need to tip to that side of the fence?

rybo
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 08:15 AM

Just kidding - really just a few more 5 would do it easily.

but seriously - just bring all your friends. It's better that way.

Scott

Sean
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 09:41 AM
According to WeatherUnderground, it's supposed to be 85, partly cloudy with only a 10% chance of rain (and they always say 10% chance of rain). That sounds like perfect trackday conditions to me. :hump:

OUTLAWD
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 10:07 AM
I'd also be willing to donate to the o-night camping cause...or I'll just volunteer to man the gate all night ;)

I'd bring all my friends, but I don't have any...

anyone that is of the fence should just sign up...one of the best trackday experiences you will ever have, and besides that, riding around an empty track isn't very much fun

Reyven
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 10:08 AM

Just kidding - really just a few more 5 would do it easily.

but seriously - just bring all your friends. It's better that way.

Scott

I'm already bringing all my friends..... its their friends that need convincing.

Ghost
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 10:43 AM
I should be here for the 5th, and I'm hoping to know what's up with my bike this week (it's been in the shop since 8/18 or so), if it's ever fixed/ready in time, I'll sign up, but it'll be last-minute...

asp_125
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 12:21 PM
C'mon folks, sign up! I hate the early morning drive too. ;)

chronicboy
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 06:01 PM
just signed up, need a place to camp also
no way i can make the 4 hour drive from Gypsum and be worth a shit at 8:00AM- more importantly 2:00PM

if somebody knows of a cool site 30-60 miles away, please tell me, i could prolly do it from there

time to get rid of those chicken strips, finally!

OUTLAWD
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Think there is camping in strausburg or bennett...I highly doubt anything out there is "cool" though

Young Luke
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Strasburg KOA is OK.

rforsythe
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Worst case you guys can always camp outside the gate and have a little tailgate party too. Not as good as having a place to plug your rigs in, but it may beat driving out before the ass-crack of dawn like I'll be doing.

Cornfed
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Cool, hopefully we'll get some more signups to help cover it. Is there a way we could donate separately to cover the cost? I sure hate gettin' up that early to drive to the track. ;)

+1

chronicboy
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Think there is camping in strausburg or bennett...I highly doubt anything out there is "cool" though
hey man, dont take it the wrong way, cool is : i can set my tent up next to the bike on the trailer withen 30 mins of the track
better yet, at the track next to somebody that fires up a 350cc ringding on 28:1 bean oil @6:00 AM
but now, i might be expecting too much
at the track, sweet, if it happens
if not, Strausberg or Bennet, anyone want to join?
-thanks for the response, OUTLAWD
-hey Bueller, i might be in on that idea if its cheaper than a Holiday Inn

asp_125
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 10:47 PM
ANyone want to split the cost of a carport with electricity? Or already have one and want to share?

OUTLAWD
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 11:06 PM
ANyone want to split the cost of a carport with electricity? Or already have one and want to share?

think my carport is full...anymore than 4 bikes and we'll be sitting on eachothers laps

Titus
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 11:32 PM
how late can we sign up for this? I'm out of town for work right now, not sure if i'll be home in time, but i should know by Friday or Saturday.

Bueller
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 06:24 AM
I think we are doing an RV spot unless there is no overnight, at that point I would be down for a couple spots.

Scer
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 07:07 AM
I will be out there on Monday too. Let me know if you need any help with tires.

Play on playas

Reyven
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 08:00 AM
think my carport is full...anymore than 4 bikes and we'll be sitting on eachothers laps

and i thought we were all so close :(

rybo
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 08:04 AM
This just in - Sol Performance will be the official tire service vendor at the Labor Day event!

Oscar and his crew have been making a big impression in the MRA paddock over the last couple of years, and he's decided to lend his services to the trackday crowd as well!

Welcome Oscar and the Sol Performance crew!

S

Mother Goose
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 08:21 AM
:rock:

OUTLAWD
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 08:23 AM
I'm not so sure about Oscar...but his crew is awesome! :lol:

wait what

rybo
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 08:25 AM
I'm not so sure about Oscar...but his crew is awesome! :lol:

wait what

Dave, you always make a "big impression"

s

OUTLAWD
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 08:31 AM
hey...if it can't be a good imprssion...might as well be big

Skinbabe
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 08:36 AM
We were thinking about taking the RV too... if we have some people that want to pitch for gas and we can camp out the night before... and have AC, which is most important. Let me know (Rey Rey...) we have 3 beds, so two other people or two couples. Let me know.... also we should plan to bbq for lunch that day... Who has a good size grille to bring out?

OUTLAWD
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 08:50 AM
I have a good size grille...its just a bit too big to transport...haha

Skinbabe
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 08:59 AM
I have a good size grille...its just a bit too big to transport...haha

Right... so that doesn't hellp....

Reyven
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 09:04 AM
We were thinking about taking the RV too... if we have some people that want to pitch for gas and we can camp out the night before... and have AC, which is most important. Let me know (Rey Rey...) we have 3 beds, so two other people or two couples. Let me know.... also we should plan to bbq for lunch that day... Who has a good size grille to bring out?

We already pitched in some $ for shade. I dont mind sleeping outside on the ground. Thanks for the offer though.

As far as lunch, is it not provided at this event again?

rybo
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Rey, Erin,

Lunch is provided for participants!

S

Slo
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 09:09 AM
This just in - Sol Performance will be the official tire service vendor at the Labor Day event!

Oscar and his crew have been making a big impression in the MRA paddock over the last couple of years, and he's decided to lend his services to the trackday crowd as well!

Welcome Oscar and the Sol Performance crew!

S

+1, dave (outlawd) helped me with my tires along with a little bit of advice.....

Skinbabe
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Rey, Erin,

Lunch is provided for participants!

S

Im not a participant, I couldn't find maternity leathers. :banghead:

rybo
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Im not a participant, I couldn't find maternity leathers. :banghead:

They don't make those?

I see an opportunity!

rforsythe
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 11:29 AM
They don't make those?

I see an opportunity!

:no:

Sully
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 11:40 AM
think my carport is full...anymore than 4 bikes and we'll be sitting on each others laps

Is that a problem?

What time does my lazy ass need to be at the track to get said "carport" ?

OUTLAWD
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 11:48 AM
first come first serve....I'll be there with a stick to fight any intruders off

speaking of...assuming there will be no camping, when do gates open? 6?

chronicboy
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 06:48 PM
hey there is a 2 bedroom cabin avail in Strausburg for 68.00$ a night
fridge and grill included
splitting the cabin would be cheaper than the 38.00$ a night tent camping they offer
they say the cabin can sleep 6, i dunno if thats desirable but, 3 or 4 would make it super cheap

anyone in?

Cornfed
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Im sure the schedule is posted somewhere but I cant seem to find it, and since this will be my first time at HPR and first time with Chicane, whats the schedule? Gates open when? Rider meeting when? Track goes hot when? Break over lunch? Day ends?
Thanks for the info in advance....

rybo
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Cornfed - I'll have a schedule posted here well before the event. Stay tuned!

All others -

I'm going to pay for overnight security so that camping will be possible at the track - I believe that the track is rented by another group on Sunday - so please stay tuned for instructions regarding camping.

Thanks

Scott

Vellos
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 10:10 PM
The drive to HPR at 5:30-6:30 AM has a beautiful sunrise. :)

Ghost
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 10:11 PM
hey there is a 2 bedroom cabin avail in Strausburg for 68.00$ a night
fridge and grill included
splitting the cabin would be cheaper than the 38.00$ a night tent camping they offer
they say the cabin can sleep 6, i dunno if thats desirable but, 3 or 4 would make it super cheap

anyone in?

Can we all have a slumber party then spoon?

:p

OUTLAWD
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 10:27 PM

but the sun in your eyes is a PITA

Vellos
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 10:34 PM
but the sun in your eyes is a PITA

HTFU ;)

Bueller
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 06:27 AM
Yea I like to catch it in my slippers and robe as my dogs play with the rattle snakes on their morning walk.

rforsythe
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 06:44 AM
Yea I like to catch it in my slippers and robe as my dogs play with the rattle snakes on their morning walk.

The thought of seeing you in slippers and a robe, while funny, is a good reason NOT to camp out at the track.

Bueller
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 07:04 AM
It is a much better site than me in my underwear, and that is how I plan to sign in if there is no camping. That should be enough to tip the scales!

rybo
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 07:05 AM
Dave,

You must have missed this post:

Cornfed - I'll have a schedule posted here well before the event. Stay tuned!

All others -

I'm going to pay for overnight security so that camping will be possible at the track - I believe that the track is rented by another group on Sunday - so please stay tuned for instructions regarding camping.

Thanks

Scott

Bueller
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 07:10 AM
I did and yay!

rforsythe
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 07:42 AM
It is a much better site than me in my underwear, and that is how I plan to sign in if there is no camping. That should be enough to tip the scales!

I did and yay!

Yay for all of us, man.

Bueller
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 07:49 AM
Ralph I am going to give you a private show, when you least expect it :lol:

ghostrider_9
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 11:20 AM
We are always trying to make things better at On the Marc Photography. In an attempt to make things easier for everyone, we have made it so that you can pre-register for this event. If you are going to be riding at this event, use the link below to pre-register with On the Marc Photography.

Filling out this form allows us to better identify who you are when we are sorting images. By providing us with the best description that you can, it allows us to better identify who you are from all the other riders out there. If something changes between now and the trackday, drop us a line and we can update your info. We will also have forms available at the track, if you do not choose to pre-register. We will also bring the copies of the forms from the pre-registration to the track so you can verify your info while you are there.

This is the first time we are doing pre-registration. Any feedback you have would be greatly appreciated. You can either send ideas and suggestions to me via PM or at marc@onthemarcphotography.com.

>LINK< (http://www.onthemarcphotography.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=57)

OUTLAWD
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 11:22 AM
Awesome!

(directed at Marc...not Bueller)

ghostrider_9
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 11:37 AM
Thanks Dave! You are the first! Love the description!

Reyven
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 11:44 AM
Thanks Dave! You are the first! Love the description!

First isnt always best......

ghostrider_9
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 11:48 AM
First isnt always best......

I agree . . .

Scer
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 11:50 AM
It is in racing!

..but this is a track day and there are no points for practice. :P

Race on race'as

rforsythe
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 11:51 AM
If you ain't first, you're last.

OUTLAWD
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 11:57 AM
if you ain't first...you're last!

ninja'd by Ralph...lol

and I am going to win this trackday...just you watch

Bueller
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 12:03 PM
and I am going to win this trackday...just you watch
We could have the spectacular high side first place award! :slap:

OUTLAWD
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 12:05 PM
don't you have to you the throttle to highside? that's just something I don't do

rforsythe
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 12:05 PM
The best thing is we put checkered flags in like 6 turns, so EVERYONE is a winner!

OUTLAWD
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 12:07 PM
no...only 6 winners per session

Scer
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 12:09 PM
Time to order the pink elephant and blue monkey stuffed animals and hand them out as the riders come in. The "thanks for playing" prize, like at the carnival.

I call monkey!

Play on playas

Sean
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 12:11 PM
Time to order the pink elephant and blue monkey stuffed animals and hand them out as the riders come in. The "thanks for playing" prize, like at the carnival.
Or maybe some stuffed llamas? Ralph can hand them out...:dunno:

Bueller
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 12:18 PM
Vellos is cornerworking he should be involved?

rforsythe
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 12:34 PM

I'm just going to punch whoever's not in first place in the balls. That should be you just about every time.

Sean
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 12:42 PM
I'm just going to punch whoever's not in first place in the balls. That should be you just about every time.:spit:

How unfortunate that I'm not going to be there this weekend. :hibye:

Sully
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 02:01 PM
I'm just going to punch whoever's not in first place in the balls. That should be you just about every time.

So much hate, Ralph... Glad I don't have balls! :bigeyes: :lol: (but I guess I could get some of those they have hanging from the big truck bumpers?)

usmcab35
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 02:22 PM
dave im working corners, i will wave the flag for you haha, maybe hand it to you for a victory lap? haha

Ghost
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 03:35 PM
We need a one-lap pit bike/mini moto/battle scooter shoot out!*

(*because at least my scooter runs...)

rforsythe
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 03:44 PM
We need a one-lap pit bike/mini moto/battle scooter shoot out!*

I can't speak for Rybo's insurance policy, but it wouldn't be the first time we've had a Scooter War of Attrition at the track...

Sean
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 03:48 PM
I can't speak for Rybo's insurance policy, but it wouldn't be the first time we've had a Scooter War of Attrition at the track...I don't think it includes highsiding a Zuma? Especially Rybo's! :lol:

Ghost
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 04:01 PM
I can't speak for Rybo's insurance policy, but it wouldn't be the first time we've had a Scooter War of Attrition at the track...

Points for style if not pure speed, full contact allowed?

I'd bring my SR as long as my nuts are safe...

Bueller
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 04:04 PM
So now I need to bring the xr100?

rybo
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 04:08 PM

The insurance policy will not cover "wheel to wheel" competition of any kind.

sorry.

Ghost
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 06:12 PM

sorry.

What if everyone isn't competing but just happens to start at the same time for um...safety reasons...safer than people randomly entering the track...on scooters...

rforsythe
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 08:57 PM

sorry.

Who said it was competition? It's just a parade lap of stupidity.

rybo
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 09:12 PM
Who said it was competition? It's just a parade lap of stupidity.

Full contact?

To the death? (of a scooter)

No, no... there is no good outcome here for my reputation or my insurance.

(I'm not saying it wouldn't be total fun, and I'm not saying that I wouldn't participate if someone else's company and reputation was at risk....)

buddahson
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 06:24 PM
Anyone heading down from the Lafayette area and have room on their truck / trailer for another bike? My truck sprung a fuel tank leak yesterday so I'd rather not drive it. I'm willing to pitch in $50 or so for gas and your trouble.

asp_125
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 09:29 PM

I can't seem to find the carport reservation for Chicane, that event isn't listed on their 9/5 calendar on the HPR site. I was told it would be $60 for the day. :dunno: Help? Linky?

Bueller
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 09:39 PM
No reservations, first come first served for single day events

asp_125
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 10:04 PM
No reservations, first come first served for single day events

'K, thanks Dave!

Ghost
Fri Sep 2nd, 2011, 07:13 PM
...bike's still throwing error codes even with the new MAP sensor so...yeah...

Foolds
Fri Sep 2nd, 2011, 10:48 PM
Just Registered Cat.. I will have to sit this one out due to my tires being shagged

rybo
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 05:28 AM
Just Registered Cat.. I will have to sit this one out due to my tires being shagged

sign up - we're giving away a set of tires at this event and anyways - don't you know a tire guy?

:slap:

hcr25
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 08:06 AM
I can't seem to find the carport reservation for Chicane, that event isn't listed on their 9/5 calendar on the HPR site. I was told it would be $60 for the day. :dunno: Help? Linky?

What event is not listed, the Chicane event or carport reservation for Chicane?
Im guessing you didnt read the Policies and Prices (http://www.highplainsraceway.com/pdf/HPR-RV-Rental-Policies.pdf) for RV/Carports. All the information you need will be found there.

http://www.highplainsraceway.com/pdf/HPR-RV-Rental-Policies.pdf

rybo
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 02:18 PM
Today is the last day for pre-registration online.

Sign up early to qualify for additional chances at our door prizes and the online discount!

It's going to be an outstanding day with temperatures in the mid 80s and no rain in the forecast!

Hope we get to see you there!

Cornfed
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 04:09 PM
Can't wait!!!!!!!

Ghost
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 05:11 PM
Today is the last day for pre-registration online.

Sign up early to qualify for additional chances at our door prizes and the online discount!

It's going to be an outstanding day with temperatures in the mid 80s and no rain in the forecast!

Hope we get to see you there!

I just picked the bike up from the shop, it's still showing error codes, but screw it. Sick of not riding, sick of weeks going by while I wait for this thing to get fixed, and I'm not wanting to miss the last Chicane day of the summer...

It mostly dies only at altitude on hot days, so we'll see if it'll do the track day without issue. :boom:

I'll sign up tonight when I get home, meeting some friends for dinner first...

SO...yeah...Monday...let's (try to) do it. :D

Ghost
Sat Sep 3rd, 2011, 11:16 PM
/registered