PDA

View Full Version : CBR1000RR Repair

TransNone13
Sun Jul 3rd, 2011, 09:01 PM
Well, some of you know I had a mishap last year before I left. Just finished it today. Ran into some broken things I did not see before and will have to take care off in the future, but you can't tell. I am also aware that some of you may not like my choice of design, oh well.

Before:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-QHxLQrYJMO4/ThEo5t7hBSI/AAAAAAAAAm4/6o1r-rPpazI/s800/PART_1279742583730.jpeg

After:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-jxCE-FM5r8I/ThEozDup0lI/AAAAAAAAAmw/ARIqisyht5Y/s640/2011-07-03_19-37-19_448.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-YqbHpA4yeYE/ThEo4ujdWYI/AAAAAAAAAm0/iA9MO5t_xtE/s640/2011-07-03_19-37-00_650.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-ogT0oj4_RHQ/ThEmM78oryI/AAAAAAAAAmk/qEJWZvxZgzk/s640/2011-07-03_19-37-53_203.jpg

Zach929rr
Sun Jul 3rd, 2011, 09:17 PM
Looks good! Quit crashing KTM's now :D

Ghost
Sun Jul 3rd, 2011, 09:26 PM
Nice to see it's back together!

Cars-R-Coffins
Sun Jul 3rd, 2011, 10:16 PM
Nice looking bike!

TransNone13
Sun Jul 3rd, 2011, 10:16 PM
Lol, thanks Zach. Dude you don't want to know how frustrating it was to replace ALL the plastics and throttle cables... I found the fairing stay grommet was busted etc. So there are 3 hidden zip ties on it. If anyone wants to know, they are Delkevic plastics based out of Denver.

Zach929rr
Mon Jul 4th, 2011, 05:53 AM
My buddy just replaced his 1krr plastics with delk too, funny enough. They look good.

VFR
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Who wouldn't like your choice of design? That things sexy

TransNone13
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 08:08 AM
EH, IDK. Was referring to the Playboy, but it's the plastics are a GP replica from 2009. Some of the people who don't know that like to knock it.

VFR
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Play on Playboy....

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/351/4/b/mario_bros_haters_gonna_hate_by_mattmcmanis-d352c8d.gif

Sean
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Just don't follow in DePuniet's foot steps, stay on the bike! :lol:

Personally, I think it looks pretty sweet. :up:

TransNone13
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Just don't follow in DePuniet's foot steps, stay on the bike! :lol:

Personally, I think it looks pretty sweet. :up:

Look's like I already am, lol!

FATKID
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Looks good.

mdub
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Looks good. How did the before pic happen?

McVaaahhh
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Looks good. :up:

TransNone13
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Looks good. How did the before pic happen?

Superstreet, Turn 10, PMP, 2010? The reason why I now own a street and race bike.

spideyrdr
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Superstreet, Turn 10, PMP, 2010? The reason why I now own a street and race bike.

He was dicing it up with another rider on a race-prepped bike. It was the battle for the lead and those two were quite a bit ahead of Clark (3rd) and myself (4rd). I came around 10 and saw him near the air fence and about dropped a deuce in my leathers, but he was ok.

I like the new look of the CBR. Really glad to see you are getting it back on the road! :up:

TransNone13
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 07:13 PM
It's actually Colter Dimmick, on his R6. He passed me in turn 8, last lap and I lost my patience. I had the horses to beat him on the straight to the flag if I kept my line. I decided to try something new, and you can see where it got me.

spideyrdr
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 07:23 PM
909 is Dalton, and he finished 2nd in RoR GTU last year - I highly suspect he wasn't actually the one riding Superstreet last year since licensed riders aren't allowed. I could be totally wrong, but I am guessing he loaned his bike to someone else for Superstreet.

TransNone13
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 07:24 PM
I fixed the post, I just needed to see who rode the R6 via the standings. (606, I suppose I'm dyslexic?) I mean I asked too after the race last year, pretty sure it was Colter. I could be wrong, what do I know; it doesn't really matter lol.

spideyrdr
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 07:28 PM
I fixed the post, I just needed to see who rode the R6 via the standings. (606, I suppose I'm dyslexic?) I mean I asked too after the race last year, pretty sure it was Colter. I could be wrong, what do I know; it doesn't really matter lol.

Yup, doesn't matter either way. You were riding great up until the 'unplanned excursion' and the bike looks good now!

Bueller
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 07:39 PM

Yea I am pretty sure you were running against Colters bike as a loaner

TransNone13
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Figures, burst my bubble...

Bueller
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Yea he is currently close 2nd in points to Galster for RORU and you have to race a full year as an expert in order to even race ROR.

Don't feel bad, I don't think anyone has come out of Superstreet that can challenge for a top 10 plate yet.

Zach929rr
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Figures, burst my bubble...

There's no law against having having hopes and dreams! :)

TransNone13
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Yeah, I've been stalking the R6 in the MRA standings. I guess I can stop now! Seriously, I have 5 yrs of service left. (READ: train, learn, make connections, and save.) After that, I'll go for broke trying to race competitively at any level as a privateer. Like Zach said, I've got dreams! lol

spideyrdr
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 07:54 PM
There's no law against having having hopes and dreams! :)

Superstreet is probably THE place for hopes and dreams! I was so amped up before those first two races. First one, I ended up pitting with Kyle and his cousin in the effing cold rain. Still was a great day. Then Pueblo, that was a whole other adventure. Good times, good times.

We should get Denver Mattress to sponsor Superstreet - the irony being no one gets any sleep the night before their first race! :)

Zach929rr
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 07:54 PM
My hopes and dream were put into check real quick at my first track day. Turn 1 Pueblo... ~100mph. Yeah, good times.

I feel your pain broseph.

TransNone13
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Lol Zach, you can't give up! You know I've crashed twice so far. If you're at PMP, I'll tell you what happened this last weekend...

Zach929rr
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Well since I have a boat load of 929 spares now ill probably hustle some more track days on it. Racing is too expensive for me right now though. Goddamn single military dudes and your disposable income lol

Bueller
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Well since I have a boat load of 929 spares now ill probably hustle some more track days on it. Racing is too expensive for me right now though. Goddamn single military dudes and your disposable income lol

You can race Open Endurance for ................................$60

TransNone13
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Zach, don't hate, appreciate. Seriously, you think that. But because I buy all the toys, supporting and fixing them is kicking my ass. But yeah single until I'm at least a Major :D. The KTM is just sitting there, and I'm waiting for parts. Seriously, an hour's worth of labor >.<. SO SLOW!

Oh, and Afghanistan and most of the Army sucks in general. So it's a square deal.

Zach929rr
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Zach, don't hate, appreciate. Seriously, you think that. But because I buy all the toys, supporting and fixing them is kicking my ass. But yeah single until I'm at least a Major :D. The KTM is just sitting there, and I'm waiting for parts. Seriously, an hour's worth of labor >.<. SO SLOW!

Oh, and Afghanistan and most of the Army sucks in general. So it's a square deal.

I have no hate at all. Obviously I say that in sarcastic jest. I deeply appreciate yours (and all) service provided to our country by people like you. I got a taste of what Afghan must be like Monday in Hotchkiss. Swear to God it was easily 110 degrees out there. First time I remember riding near triple digits and not feeling like the airflow through my leathers was even there. Felt like I was sitting in a sauna in my leathers while riding. Also, that's what you get for buying Austrian! :lol:

orly? Might have to consider that. I'm going to have too much shit to race soon.

TransNone13
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Hey, it still runs like a champ! Just no rear brake and it leaks oil ATM :P.

spideyrdr
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 08:22 PM

Endurance racing FTW! (At least if you're broke like me). I have ONLY run MW endurance and have a lot of fun at the track. You get the morning practices, the race itself (typically 2x as many laps as the sprint races), and I know some guys that stick around for the Sunday morning practices as well. All for $60 a weekend. Racing is expensive. Endurance racing is little easier on the wallet. Besides, who doesn't like to be able to brag say they 'did it' for 30 minutes.

spideyrdr
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Hey, it still runs like a champ! Just no rear brake and it leaks oil ATM :P.

KTM = Kyle Trashes Motorcycles

8)

Just kidding, man, see you out there Saturday!

Scatterbrain
Wed Aug 3rd, 2011, 11:18 AM
I think that is a sweet looking bike. Good job.