PDA

View Full Version : Information on funeral service for Dave Camp

GuitarX
Mon Jul 4th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Hi all,

For anyone interested in attending Dave's funeral service, here is the info:

The service will be held at 10:30am this Thursday, July 7th. Location is the Grace Covenant Church at 10101 W Mississippi (NE corner of Mississippi & Kipling in Lakewood). Dave's obituary will be in Wednesday's Denver Post.

Dave was "V4Whore" on the forum in case you only know him by that name.

Thank you so much,
Gary

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Thanks Gary

BC14
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 08:42 AM
I will be attending. Thanks for the info Gary.

Matty
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 08:58 AM
If anyone is interested in Riding down to Dave's Funeral...

Official meet point for Dave's Funeral Service will be at the MOCO at 9:45am. It's about a 15 min ride to the Church where the Service is being held at.

KSU is at 10am Sharp. I (we) won't be lagging. If you are late you can catch us.

The route will be from the MOCO down Morrison Rd. Left To Kipling Pkwy. Right To W. Mississippi Ave.

If you plan on joining this ride, I please ask you to be respectful and keep your ego's in check. There's a time and a place and this is not one of those times or places...

Snowman
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Is there a limit to the number of people the service can hold?

grim
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 09:19 AM

Official meet point for Dave's Funeral Service will be at the MOCO at 9:45am. It's about a 15 min ride to the Church where the Service is being held at.

KSU is at 10am Sharp. I (we) won't be lagging. If you are late you can catch us.

The route will be from the MOCO down Morrison Rd. Left To Kipling Pkwy. Right To W. Mississippi Ave.

If you plan on joining this ride, I please ask you to be respectful and keep your ego's in check. There's a time and a place and this is not one of those times or places...

I did not have the pleasure of meeting dave but i would like to attend this ride as well as the service in honor of a fellow rider. However if there is no room in the chapel i will respectfully withdraw so that someone who knew him can attend.

Matty
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 09:22 AM
I did not have the pleasure of meeting dave but i would like to attend this ride as well as the service in honor of a fellow rider. However if there is no room in the chapel i will respectfully withdraw so that someone who knew him can attend.

I'm hoping Gary (GuitarX) will chime in on this one. But i don't think people will be turned away. If anything, just riding down to show support would suffice.

Cap'n Crunch
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Thanks for posting this up Gary - I'll will be there.
Matty I will see you at Moco.

Zach929rr
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Thanks for posting this up Gary - I'll will be there.
Matty I will see you at Moco.

+1

Sigh. :(

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Gonna try and make it Gary if I can get out of my court thing. If so, I'll bring some CD's with the full-resolution pics from our ride burned on them, 1 for you, and 1 for the family if they want it.

Matty
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 10:06 AM
If so, I'll bring some CD's with the full-resolution pics from our ride burned on them, 1 for you, and 1 for the family if they want it.

Frank... that's way awesome.

BC14
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 10:33 AM

I was thinking the exact same thing. I'll be there. The ride is only about 4-5 miles, so that shouldn't take too long.

bornwildnfree
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Will be there.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 12:26 PM
I'll have 2 copies there for the service Gary, as I was able to push my court date out 2 weeks so I can attend. I'm glad to be able to go and pay my respects.

On another note, though that's way cool that there's a ride from the South planned, how about one from the North? I plan on riding down from Boulder. Anyone wanna meet up on the way down?

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Frank... that's way awesome.
Thanks. I do what I can....;)

Snowman
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 12:31 PM
We should probably get a rough head count so the family knows how many of us to expect on bikes.

BC14
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 12:34 PM
We should probably get a rough head count so the family knows how many of us to expect on bikes.
+1 for that.

grim
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 12:51 PM
count me in

madvlad
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Wish I could attend this to pay my respects to a fellow rider though I never knew him, unfortunately work won't let me off that day.

Concabar
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 01:21 PM
I will be there. Riding up with the southies.

DriverDave
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 03:10 PM

Just to clarify...East on Morrison to Kipling, Left (N) on Kipling to Miss, Right (E) on Miss, quick left into church.

I'm hoping I can make it...not sure if I'll be able to take off from work.

0N1X
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 03:15 PM
I will join the ride to show support for not only a fellow rider, but a fellow club member. I will refrain from the service however to reserve space for family and those who knew him better.

FZRguy
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Has anyone checked with his family to ensure they are cool with bikes/riders in gear at his service? I’m sure Dave would love it, as would any of us at our own service, but non-riding family might not.

50sGrl
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Assuming there's no request otherwise from the family, I'll be on the bike at MoCo.

asp_125
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Would anybody want to have someplace to throw their gear once we get to the service? If so I can cage it and you all can lock it in the truck, instead of lugging it in.

OUTLAWD
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 03:45 PM
thats actually a great idea if you be so kind to cage it.

cbrjohnny
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 05:38 PM
im going to miss this... as much as i would like to be there i can not, Gary will you please offer my respect to his family for me as you and Dave are my riding buddies! Lars i wish i could be there with you guys im glad you can make it!

johnny

Matty
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Has anyone checked with his family to ensure they are cool with bikes/riders in gear at his service? I’m sure Dave would love it, as would any of us at our own service, but non-riding family might not.

This was checked long before i posted the ride.... i've been in contact with Gary, who has been in contact with the family. We're all good.

Matty
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 05:54 PM
As for the ride from MOCO to the church, Randall (Snowman) and I will be leading. We ask that everyone observes all traffic laws and we stay in a single lane in 2x2 formation. We'll go into more details before we set off.

For those that don't know either myself or Randall. Look for the riders on a Black Honda Blackbird 1100XX (Randall) and a Black Ducati Hypermotard (Me).

Again, if you plan on being an asshat do us all a favor and stay the hell home.

grim
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Again, if you plan on being an asshat do us all a favor and stay the hell home.

Agreed everyone needs to be mature and act like an adult.

Nvr2late
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Would anybody want to have someplace to throw their gear once we get to the service? If so I can cage it and you all can lock it in the truck, instead of lugging it in.

We plan on attending, thanks for the offer to stow our gear that's a great idea.

~Barn~
Tue Jul 5th, 2011, 07:11 PM
I won't be there, but I'll make a point of thinking about him and those he left behind, around that time on Thursday. =\

grim
Wed Jul 6th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Looks like i may not make this. Work emergency tomorrow Dave will be in my thought's and everyone please ride safe and smart!

Snowman
Wed Jul 6th, 2011, 02:25 PM
The number of riders is looking to around 20.

asp_125
Wed Jul 6th, 2011, 02:27 PM
We plan on attending, thanks for the offer to stow our gear that's a great idea.

I will have the Murano handy for gear stowage.

PunyJuney
Wed Jul 6th, 2011, 04:12 PM
http://www.allremembrances.com/obit.aspx?obitID=2311&BLT=1f2bcba9-105f-432f-9553-dd9e268fedd8

DriverDave
Wed Jul 6th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Day off approved...I'll be there.

BC14
Wed Jul 6th, 2011, 04:18 PM
I will have the Murano handy for gear stowage.
Cool, Thanks Jeff :)

DriverDave
Wed Jul 6th, 2011, 04:32 PM
http://www.allremembrances.com/obit.aspx?obitID=2311&BLT=1f2bcba9-105f-432f-9553-dd9e268fedd8

Thanks for posting this, June. Much more informative than the one in the Post. Makes me wish I'd met him a whole lot earlier than last fall.

SloBlue
Wed Jul 6th, 2011, 04:34 PM
I can't take the day off tomorrow. Thank you to members of the CSC family that are able to go and show respect for our fellow member. My prayers are with all of you for a safe summer riding season and with Dave's family and friends in this time of need. Ride Safe.

PunyJuney
Wed Jul 6th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Thanks for posting this, June. Much more informative than the one in the Post. Makes me wish I'd met him a whole lot earlier than last fall.

That's exactly how I feel Dave. I can't believe he's gone. Makes me appreciate the people in my life that much more.

Bugkiller1
Wed Jul 6th, 2011, 08:07 PM
I will have my car there tomorrow if anyone needs to store gear.

mtnairlover
Wed Jul 6th, 2011, 08:25 PM
I wish I could make it, but know that I will be thinking of all of you and will have warm thoughts of Dave and his smile.

sprtbkbabe
Wed Jul 6th, 2011, 09:48 PM

That is a really beautiful obituary! :(

PunyJuney
Wed Jul 6th, 2011, 10:05 PM
I'm working with Terry at Abate to enable donations for Dave. The "Randy Run" was a fund originated by and for a fallen biker that has since evolved in to a process that enables donated funds to turn in to grants for injured motorcyclists or in this case the loved ones left behind. I originally contacted Terry and Abate for help with this after speaking with Gary R, and determining we need a way to provide a method of donation that will not result in tax liability for anyone. I would hate for good hearted gifts to be harvested off the top by uncle sam. Dave's daughter would have our Abate Angels Terry Howard and Jim Wilson watching over any funds and I am confident that they are more than capable of appropriate distribution.
Here is a link to the Randy Run page, simply scroll down and click donate. You don't have to be an Abate member to give or receive help from Abate.

http://abateofcolo.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=72&Itemid=74

There's a glitch with the link at the moment, but it will be fixed shortly. If you need a big tax deduction give big. We'll get you a receipt and you get to fill up your tank with good Karma!

Cap'n Crunch
Wed Jul 6th, 2011, 10:11 PM
im going to miss this... as much as i would like to be there i can not, Gary will you please offer my respect to his family for me as you and Dave are my riding buddies! Lars i wish i could be there with you guys im glad you can make it!

johnny

Totally understandable John considering work and the distance you live from us... you'll be with us in spirit.

Still planning on being at moco in the morning for the ride in. I'll see everyone there.

PunyJuney
Wed Jul 6th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Ann and I will be having breakfast at the Blue cow in Morrison at 8:40 if anyone wants to join.

Clovis
Wed Jul 6th, 2011, 10:17 PM
I never had the pleasure of knowing Dave but I'm saddened to hear of his passing. My condolences to his family, especially to his young daughter.

Events like this should serve as a notice to all of us. Dave was by all accounts a great guy and excellent rider.

We're only here for a limited time and eventually fate catches up with all of us.

One day someone will be able to sum up your entire life in a few paragraphs. The best that we can hope for is that people thought of us well and miss us.

God speed sir and to everyone else have a safe motorcade tomorrow.

-Clovis

THoward
Wed Jul 6th, 2011, 10:46 PM
You don't have to be an Abate member to give or receive help from Abate.

Please all of you remember this ^^. There is no fund out there that helps fallen riders and or their families. This is the only fund out there that helps us as riders and it is tax deductible!!! We helped 5 injured riders last year alone. We paid their mortgages, rent, bought them groceries, helped one replace his roof. I hope that none of us ever need it...but that is what it's there for. When you donate to this fund, you are helping fellow downed riders and/or their families in their time of need. Doesn't matter what you ride...just that you ride!! I did not know Dave...but I know all too well how much it hurts to lose a friend. Godpseed Dave.

~Barn~
Wed Jul 6th, 2011, 10:54 PM
A very touching memorial indeed. I'm choked up about a guy who (has now gotten me) upset that I didn't get to meet. =(

DeeStylez
Thu Jul 7th, 2011, 09:45 AM
I never met Dave, but I will be making a donation.

RIP my friend :(

Zach929rr
Thu Jul 7th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Sorry I didn't get to stay for your service Dave.

Rest in peace friend.

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Jul 7th, 2011, 11:28 AM
I'm working with Terry at Abate to enable donations for Dave. The "Randy Run" was a fund originated by and for a fallen biker that has since evolved in to a process that enables donated funds to turn in to grants for injured motorcyclists or in this case the loved ones left behind. I originally contacted Terry and Abate for help with this after speaking with Gary R, and determining we need a way to provide a method of donation that will not result in tax liability for anyone. I would hate for good hearted gifts to be harvested off the top by uncle sam. Dave's daughter would have our Abate Angels Terry Howard and Jim Wilson watching over any funds and I am confident that they are more than capable of appropriate distribution.
Here is a link to the Randy Run page, simply scroll down and click donate. You don't have to be an Abate member to give or receive help from Abate.

http://abateofcolo.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=72&Itemid=74

There's a glitch with the link at the moment, but it will be fixed shortly. If you need a big tax deduction give big. We'll get you a receipt and you get to fill up your tank with good Karma!

thanks

usmcab35
Thu Jul 7th, 2011, 12:00 PM
good to see the unity of this group, and what better cause. I didnt know dave but after reading his obiturary and hearing things about him he seemed like one cool dude. Hope hes in heaven right now dragging knee on the endless canyons up there!

asp_125
Thu Jul 7th, 2011, 01:57 PM
It was a moving service, Dave would've liked it.

One last ride with us, Dave ....

PunyJuney
Thu Jul 7th, 2011, 02:31 PM
+1, that was a sombre ride.
The service was wonderful with both sad and happy moments. I'm glad we were able to give a good turn out. I was told by a couple of his family members that they really appreciated our show of support at this difficult time. I even overheard somebody say it was great to watch his friends ride in "in force". I guess it's just because they are not used to seeing so many bikes together, and they didn't realize we were such a big family, related by 2 wheels rather than DNA. His Mom was moved that people rode in from all over, so kudos for making the trek to those from Fort Collins to the Springs and everywhere in between.

Foolds
Thu Jul 7th, 2011, 02:42 PM
:bow: to all of you who did this! This is a great thing you guys did for Dave and his Family!

ChrisCBX
Thu Jul 7th, 2011, 02:51 PM
+1, that was a sombre ride.
The service was wonderful with both sad and happy moments. I'm glad we were able to give a good turn out. I was told by a couple of his family members that they really appreciated our show of support at this difficult time. I even overheard somebody say it was great to watch his friends ride in "in force". I guess it's just because they are not used to seeing so many bikes together, and they didn't realize we were such a big family, related by 2 wheels rather than DNA. His Mom was moved that people rode in from all over, so kudos for making the trek to those from Fort Collins to the Springs and everywhere in between.

I agree on all counts June.

Dave's mom thanked us for attending. She said in part that Dave "loved that damn bike". She wanted us all to be extra careful and safe while out riding.

Mother Goose
Thu Jul 7th, 2011, 03:09 PM
I'll put up the video from the ride over, tonight.

Matty
Thu Jul 7th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Spoke to Dave's mom and brother.... They both said dave was definitely happy when he was on his bike and riding with all of us.

You'll be missed Dave.

Cap'n Crunch
Thu Jul 7th, 2011, 04:22 PM
It was a nice service and it was cool to learn more about Dave's life outside of the motorcycling world.

RIP Dave you will be missed...

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Jul 7th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Very tough, sombre day. My hat's off to the people who that made all this happen, especially his family and friends who stood in front of us to speak in rememberance of Dave. I know I got all choked up and couldn't even finish my sentence when I gave the pics of Dave from our last ride on CD to his daughter. I can't even imagine how tough it must have been for Dave's brother, and friends, especially Gary. Great job, I couldn't have done it.

RIP Dave.

Mother Goose
Thu Jul 7th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Here's the view from the back of the group on our ride over, if anyone wanted to be there that couldn't.

http://youtu.be/FDpaZxyGd0w

grim
Thu Jul 7th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Here's the view from the back of the group on our ride over, if anyone wanted to be there that couldn't.

http://youtu.be/FDpaZxyGd0w

thank you for making this and putting it up i wanted to go but was unable to.

RIP Dave

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Jul 7th, 2011, 10:53 PM
that's the best boring ride vid on youtube. Thanks for sharing Wicky.

I'm disappointed I could not attend but it makes me happy that so many were able to go.

madvlad
Thu Jul 7th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Rip Dave, never knew him but since I used to go to that church a few years back and wonder how many times I may have bumped into him and his family.