PDA

View Full Version : Clueless on Exhausts

Cwilly
Sat May 21st, 2005, 11:19 AM
I bought my zx7r used, rejetted, with a Muzzy pipe. I am tired of not being able to hear anything while riding so I have decided that this season I will change up the pipes and get something quieter. I have no idea what reputation each exhaust brand has as far as sound and performance. Does anyone have any suggestions or could point me in the right direction of some info? thanks

japrules
Sat May 21st, 2005, 11:35 AM
I bought my zx7r used, rejetted, with a Muzzy pipe. I am tired of not being able to hear anything while riding so I have decided that this season I will change up the pipes and get something quieter. I have no idea what reputation each exhaust brand has as far as sound and performance. Does anyone have any suggestions or could point me in the right direction of some info? thanks

Is it a slip on pipe? Does the muffler just slip on or bolt onto the intermediate pipe? If its a slip-on I might be interested in it.

ripper750
Sat May 21st, 2005, 08:53 PM
Some bike magazines have old issues online and there are some very good articles on exhausts. They have decibel information as well if noise is your primary concern. I think Sport Rider and Motorcyclist and maybe Cycle World are online. Give it a try.