PDA

View Full Version : Tire mounting??

Frankie675
Wed Jul 6th, 2011, 06:38 PM
I can't afford another $100 to get my tires mounted/balanced. Can anyone hook me up? I'll pay cash... just can't afford the $100 most shops are asking.

I live in an apt so taking my wheels off is impossible and I don't know anyone with a garage and stands to use.

Specs
2010 Triumph Daytona
I've got my stock Pirelli's on and hate them
Picked up some Q2's and would kill to get them mounted!!
I live in the Belmar Lakewood area

Frankie
303-995-2046
Text or call and let me know what you can do.

Fernman
Wed Jul 6th, 2011, 09:07 PM
dude, call performance cycle, I think they were asking 20 a wheel. ( I did see it posted on their door about two months ago) hope this helps thanks.

Fernman
Wed Jul 6th, 2011, 09:08 PM
my bad, I dont know about the balancing though.

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Jul 6th, 2011, 09:13 PM
those rates are usually when the owner removes the wheel and brings it in to the shop.

sometimes if you buy the tire from the shop, they'll give you a rate like that to swap the rubber.

The OP said he has no workspace to remove the wheel

I don't think anyone's going to give a $20 rate if you roll up with your bike and rubber you bought somewhere else.

AOK303
Wed Jul 6th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Yeah if the tires are not off the bike they charge more, I got mine done at Tfog last week was a decent price you can call and ask him for a quote, where you been hidding frankie,

vort3xr6
Wed Jul 6th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Do you have spools? If so, you can cone to my place this weekend and take off the wheels and I will drive with you to get them taken off. PM me and I will work out a deal with you to put them on.

PhL0aTeR
Thu Jul 7th, 2011, 07:55 AM
IIRC modette (in monument) did mounting for pretty cheap

The_Jackel
Thu Jul 7th, 2011, 09:31 AM
In the springs but, were $20 a wheel m&B off the bike and for that bike we can do $65 a set on the bike.

Foolds
Thu Jul 7th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Call Scer he can do em for ya for 10 off the bike or 25 each on (I think)

Frankie675
Thu Jul 7th, 2011, 10:17 AM
I'm working with vort3xr6 right now.

I can't wait to get out on the Q2's! I had them on my k7 750 last year and couldn't believe how confident I was on them. My Daytona came stock with Pirelli SuperCorsas and they have easily been the worst tires I've ever ran. They take forever to warm up, and still get loose for no reasons. I don't trust them in turns. They've floated everywhere under hard breaking.

Bueller
Thu Jul 7th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Just a thought here, but have you had the suspension and geometry of the bike checked. Maybe not a huge difference in tires, maybe a huge difference in bikes. I have never ridden on tires that caused a handling concern (that were not worn out), but a poorly set up bike will scare the crap out of you.

Foolds
Thu Jul 7th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Franky Most guys on the daytona do love the Supercorsa's as well... I have q2's on mine and love em but im with the others you sure you dont have another problem? Maybe Tire pressure?

Frankie675
Fri Jul 8th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Tire pressure is good. Suspension isn't set up for me but i'm 180lbs so I'm close to what triumph set the bike up for. And I'm not saying they are bad tires but i've had a few moments that left me unconfident in their ability. I still have a good 1/2 inch chicken strip because i'm too scared to push them. I've been through a lot of different tires and the supercorsas are just not my flavor. My personal preference is the q2's and some people can't stand them as well.

Btw I would not be opposed to having someone help me set up my suspension over some beers...