PDA

View Full Version : 99 ZX7R integrated taillight signals not flashing yellow

Jdmluvr
Thu Jul 7th, 2011, 06:36 PM
So, today I was checking all of my lights and stuff and noticed that my signal lights are not flashing yellow anymore. When it clicks off the red taillight, instead of turning yellow it turns off completely. I have a badlands load equalizer and when I remove it, the flashers turn yellow, but hella fast. Is it possible that the equalizer has gone out? I also noticed the battery was super low on charge because I left my key on for like 30min when I parked it, plugged my tender in, but the extension cord wasn't plugged in. Could a low battery cause the flashers not to turn yellow? Thanks for the help.

Survivalism
Thu Jul 7th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Yes your battery is low, charge it and your blinkers should work fine ( spent a lot of time troubleshooting before i figured this one out lol )

rfranks303
Thu Jul 7th, 2011, 07:40 PM
I would start with a fresh charged battery. Your load eq is just a resistor. It adds resistance so the circuit will function corectly. Without this one of two things will happen either meth flash or standing light with no flash. My guess is your not getting enough amps to power the circuit also check all the wires in that area. If you can't get it hit me up zx7s are where most of my experiance lies.

Jdmluvr
Thu Jul 7th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Thanks guys, I'll give it a try after I get home from work tomorrow. I was hoping it was just the battery, but we'll see. And Franks, ill keep you in mind, if I can't figure it out.

Ezzzzy1
Fri Jul 8th, 2011, 02:05 AM
Worse case its the equalizer... I have had one go out and it screwed with my blinkers in the same way.