PDA

View Full Version : D & D pipes - good choice?

«TigerTamer»
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 08:55 AM
I want to replace the pipes on my bike and so far D&D are the only pipes I can find that fit my bike.

I would appreciate anyones feedback about D&D

Cleveland
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 08:58 AM
dammit Scott! you are supposed to be buying a NEW bike, not fixing the old one! Sheesh! :no:

:lol:

«TigerTamer»
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 09:01 AM
I decided to "tweak" the old one AND buy a new one. You can never have too many bikes, right?

T-byrd
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 09:01 AM
I have D&D's on my monster, and yes they are too loud. There are times that I don't like them, like in the canyons. In the city I do appreciate them though, it's louder than my horn and the soccer moms can hear me before they see me.

Tanya

Cleveland
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 09:05 AM
I decided to "tweak" the old one AND buy a new one. You can never have too many bikes, right?

Nice! So a bike for when you're solo and the Triumph for when the wife wants to cruise. Good choice! :up:

W1LL
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 09:14 AM
hey bro loud pipes saves lives

i had D&D on my YZF and there have been a few people that have i have rode with and sorry that they got stuck behind me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
but i liked mine saved my ass a couple of times. i think sully got stuck behind me once so did briz :lol: :lol:

sorry briz :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :D

«TigerTamer»
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 09:15 AM
Nice! So a bike for when you're solo and the Triumph for when the wife wants to cruise. Good choice! :up:

So, until I buy a 'true' sport bike, I decided to adapt the Trophy to my riding style. So this week I'm gettin new sprockets put on (1 down in the front, 2 up in the back) and a jet kit, then I'll do the exhaust - as soon as I decide on which one.

Boy Scout
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 09:20 AM
D&D pipes provide everyone that rides with you an incentive to learn how to ride faster than you. :lol:

They are obnoxiously loud.

Bertha
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 09:24 AM
D&D pipes suck ass... they are just loud! I'm guessing you LOOSE power with them!

PiercedDuc
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 09:24 AM
I have D&D's on my monster, and yes they are too loud. There are times that I don't like them, like in the canyons. In the city I do appreciate them though, it's louder than my horn and the soccer moms can hear me before they see me.

Tanya

After riding behind you last weekend, those pipes are way loud, but it's funny to hear someone else's pipes instead of my own for once :lol: :lol:

«TigerTamer»
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 09:31 AM
D&D pipes provide everyone that rides with you an incentive to learn how to ride faster than you. :lol:

They are obnoxiously loud.

Your usually in front of me anyway, Nate :lol:

Bueller
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 09:38 AM
So this week I'm gettin new sprockets put on (1 down in the front, 2 up in the back) and a jet kit, then I'll do the exhaust - as soon as I decide on which one.

I would do the exhaust first, and the air filter if you have plans for one, before jetting, because the pipe and filter will lean out the mixture. Don't want to take it too far.

«TigerTamer»
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 10:31 AM
I would do the exhaust first, and the air filter if you have plans for one, before jetting, because the pipe and filter will lean out the mixture. Don't want to take it too far.

I was wondering about that - thanks. I already have K&N filters (air & oil). The guys down at Foothills BMW said that after I get the sprockets and exhaust, they would put the bike on the dyno and see if it even needs jetting.

rybo
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 10:48 AM
Scott

Staintune used to make a range of exhaust systems for the trumpets. You may want to look into them. I would probably steer clear of the D&D units because of noise.

Best to you

«TigerTamer»
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 11:02 AM
Scott

Staintune used to make a range of exhaust systems for the trumpets. You may want to look into them. I would probably steer clear of the D&D units because of noise.

Best to you

Thanks for the lead - thats the first company I've looked at that makes a slip-on 'specifically' for my year & model. And they even have a Boulder distributer - imagine that.

W1LL
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 03:21 PM
but it's soo funny when you pull up next to a guy with a loud ass system and ya give it a lil rev and the windows go up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:321: :321: :321: and ya gotta love the cell phone drivers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :321: :321: :321: friggin cell phones the screw ya whenever they get the chance :roll:

«TigerTamer»
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 05:10 PM
scott72673 - Thanks for the lead on Staintune

Everyone else - thanks for all the input.

I ditched the D & D idea and ordered a set of Staintune. Now I just have to wait 4 weeks for them to be shipped from Australia. Supposedly Staintune is one of the best aftermarket pipes for Triumph - guess we'll find out.

rybo
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 06:12 PM
Hey,

Glad to hear the idea is going to work out for you. The Staintune stuff is really nice and well built. I think you're going to like it. Too bad about the wait, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Have a good one

Scott

Pachuco
Tue May 24th, 2005, 08:22 AM
but it's soo funny when you pull up next to a guy with a loud ass system and ya give it a lil rev and the windows go up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:321: :321: :321: and ya gotta love the cell phone drivers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :321: :321: :321: friggin cell phones the screw ya whenever they get the chance :roll:

:lol: :twisted:
I love doing that. sooooo much fun.
my D & D's are loud. I measured them the other day. 84 Decibels at Idle. :twisted: and with just a rap on the throttle it went to 100 decibels. Imagine what it is in the power band. :twisted: :D

NineTwoFour
Tue May 24th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Hey Tom, would it be possible for me to borrow that dB meter from you???

AshliRider44
Tue May 24th, 2005, 11:21 AM
D & D are annoying :roll: I heard one on a telefonica a while back... BLEH!!

Pachuco
Tue May 24th, 2005, 07:45 PM
Sorry Matt. some guy came into work with it. Unfortuneatly (sp) it wasn't mine.

NineTwoFour
Tue May 24th, 2005, 08:08 PM
I need to find one... I want to see just HOW loud my new exhaust is. Jim wanted to kick me out of the garage at PPIR. :lol:

King Nothing
Tue May 24th, 2005, 09:42 PM
Matt, I have one.......

NineTwoFour
Tue May 24th, 2005, 09:58 PM
Could I possibly borrow it sometime in the near future??? :idea:

T-byrd
Tue May 24th, 2005, 11:06 PM
Matt, I have one.......

Could I get in line to get measured? :D
I'd be happy to ride over to your place to measure the noise of my bike...unless your neighbors would kick you out. :lol: If that would be the case you could just come over here and do it. 8)

TAnya