PDA

View Full Version : FOUND Stolen Duc Monster

Ghost Rider
Fri Jul 8th, 2011, 08:47 PM
My son's friend Steve had his blue monster stolen last night.He lives sw Littleton.They broke in his garage and took it.

Im guessing that Jeffco sheriff or maybe Littleton PD can be contacted if anyone spots it.

Josh,my son,said there are only 3 in the state.

Nat

Zach929rr
Fri Jul 8th, 2011, 08:49 PM
I'm in SW L-town. I'll keep a fresh eye out.

madvlad
Fri Jul 8th, 2011, 08:53 PM
What area exactly? I'm in the littleton area too so I'll do the same

DeeStylez
Fri Jul 8th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Same here, I will keep an eye out. Thieven lil shitz, I hate to put full coverage on my bike thats been sitting but looks like might not be a bad idea.

CaptGoodvibes
Fri Jul 8th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Sounds like someone on his block noticed the bike.

Ghost Rider
Fri Jul 8th, 2011, 09:02 PM
He lives near Chatfield and Wadsworth. He only had liability ins.

Zach929rr
Fri Jul 8th, 2011, 09:33 PM
He lives near Chatfield and Wadsworth. He only had liability ins.

I was about to say it looked like the neighborhood off Chatfield and Wads. That's right next to me. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Got some people sending out a text blast to people in the area too.

spdu4ia
Fri Jul 8th, 2011, 09:33 PM
liability = facepalm... hope he gets it back!

d3spair
Fri Jul 8th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Wow beautiful bike, GL!

laspariahs
Fri Jul 8th, 2011, 11:04 PM
I guess that's the last time he insures a motorcycle with liability only.....

madvlad
Fri Jul 8th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Okay, I'm on the wads and coalmine area so I'll keep an eye out.

birchyboy
Sat Jul 9th, 2011, 08:39 AM
I was about to say it looked like the neighborhood off Chatfield and Wads. That's right next to me. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

You could tell THAT from that photo? You must have some special looking dirt over there!

I hope your son's friend recovers his bike in good condition.

aerofaze
Sat Jul 9th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Wow, that bike's definitely an eye catcher! Too bad the world HAS to be populated with jerkwads. :(

I feel for him.

konaman
Sat Jul 9th, 2011, 03:46 PM
That may be the cleanest Monster I have seen, what a loss.

Zach929rr
Sat Jul 9th, 2011, 04:11 PM
You could tell THAT from that photo? You must have some special looking dirt over there!

I've lived down in this area for >20 years :)

Frankie675
Sun Jul 10th, 2011, 02:21 AM

I'm starting to have some suspicions...

D Berns R6
Wed Jul 13th, 2011, 10:44 AM
I believe Boulder PD found it up there....

Ghost Rider
Wed Jul 13th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Any more info D Berns? Steve called boulder and they would not give any info.

Nat

Darth Do'Urden
Wed Jul 13th, 2011, 05:36 PM
I hope he gets it back in good condition. I've seen that bike once at Buca di Beppo's and drooled over it while waiting to be seated. Gorgeous machine! That pic does it no justice whatsoever....

mra# 527
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Hey its Madison with MAD-MOTO. I'm beyond sick. I put alot into that bike before I sold it to Steve. Fucking thiefs!

Steve I hope you get it back. I crossed posted this in alot of forums. Let me
know if you did get it back and if you need anything....

Steve Madison

Ghost Rider
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 11:15 PM
I talked to Steve a bit ago. It was recovered in Boulder and he is picking it up tomorrow.No idea as to condition.

AOK303
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 11:38 PM
oi hopefully its not too bad that sucks this is like the 2oth theft post ive read

Devaclis
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Steve is the roomate of a friend of mine at Off Broadway Grill. She was telling us about this on Weds. :( I hope it is in good shape and the theif is deaded.

Ghost Rider
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Just off the phone with Steve. He got the bike back in great shape from Boulder PD. The dude was riding it like it was his. The license plate reader the PD has spotted it at a resturant in Boulder. They found the guy inside with leathers and helmet. Claims he was from cali and here visiting his brother and decidced to steal it. He was arrested and had other warrants.
Name was Travis Smith on police report and is 24 years old.(supposedly)

So if any of you see the bike,Steve says its him on it and don't mess him up!! LOL

Nat

Vellos
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Good to hear.

cptschlongenheimer
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Hope travis smith gets at least one good ass ramming for his (Steve's) troubles. Glad he got his wheels back in one piece.

Tylar
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Sweet! That thing is beautiful. Congrats to steve.

Ghost
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Just off the phone with Steve. He got the bike back in great shape from Boulder PD. The dude was riding it like it was his. The license plate reader the PD has spotted it at a resturant in Boulder. They found the guy inside with leathers and helmet. Claims he was from cali and here visiting his brother and decidced to steal it. He was arrested and had other warrants.
Name was Travis Smith on police report and is 24 years old.(supposedly)

So if any of you see the bike,Steve says its him on it and don't mess him up!! LOL

Nat

Well, I suppose that IF you have the misfortune to get your bike stolen, then at least an appreciative thief is better than someone who just rips it apart and eBays the pieces and/or just joy rides it and leaves what's left in a ditch somewhere.

Sucks it was stolen, but at least that's a fairly happy ending overall.

Drift
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Sometimes we do get good news...

bendavis
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 02:25 PM
wow, that is amazing. Glad to hear there are bike thieves out there that actually know how to ride a bike... nothing like finding your stolen vehicle on the side of the road with tiny bits of transmission for 1/4 mile...

gtn
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Great news!

asp_125
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Wow good news, nice to see a great outcome instead of it being trashed. You'd think someone who steals it would at least slap another plate on it. *facepalm*

mastap07
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 04:34 PM
great news!

fasterlaster
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Proof that thieves are simply dumb asses. Glad the bike was recovered

Cars-R-Coffins
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Glad the thief got caught.

Sarge
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Sounds like the best possible outcome out of a sh*tty situation. Curious how this "out of towner" knew to break into dudes garage and steal a very specific bike.

Glad things worked out so well.

laspariahs
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Really happy it worked out. Now get some insurance on that thing.

Wrider
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Glad the thief got caught.

Sounds like the best possible outcome out of a sh*tty situation. Curious how this "out of towner" knew to break into dudes garage and steal a very specific bike.

Really happy it worked out. Now get some insurance on that thing.

Agreed with these three 100%

Chief Stinky
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 04:41 PM
How could an out of towner know where that bike was? Hide your wife, hide your kids...

Glad to hear its back in rightful hands!

Writz
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Hey it's steve, the owner of the bike! Just wanted to thank every one for putting out the word and keeping a eye out for it!
The kid was giving a California address, but I believe he has been in town for a while since he has warrants in Denver and Adoms county. He has 2 other convictions for stealing cars in North Caralina and Tennesse! He told the cops he was in Littleton partying when he seen it!
Yea I know how lucky I am! Deff going to buy a lotto ticket!!
I will keep people posted with the results as time goes on.

Dietrich_R1
Tue Jul 26th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Any of his relatives live in your area? Is there a way to find out? There has to be a link of someone close if they went into a locked garage for it.

D Berns R6
Tue Jul 26th, 2011, 03:48 PM
There has to be a link of someone close if they went into a locked garage for it.

not going to give out details but that was not the case...

0N1X
Tue Jul 26th, 2011, 04:15 PM

Exactly, also how they were able to circumvent the engine immobilizer and fork lock...

Glad it's back d00d

D Berns R6
Tue Jul 26th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Exactly, also how they were able to circumvent the engine immobilizer and fork lock...

Glad it's back d00d

unfortunately, the main thing that starts a bike and unlocks the forks, was right there, all he had to do was turn it and go.

Writz
Tue Jul 26th, 2011, 10:25 PM
That is true! The one and only time i left the key in it, it was stolen! I came home that day in a down pore and when I got home went inside to change and dry off! Left the key in it. It was in a locked garage, and have confermation the garage was closed and locked at 930.. I have been told by a couple neighbors there garage doors have been going up and down in the middle of the night.. Not sure what the case was, but the f***** came in my garage and took it! and he better hope I never run into him!