PDA

View Full Version : Help to setup Suspension

Afrobaron
Sun Jul 10th, 2011, 11:15 PM
My CBR600RR is stock setup from the dealer minus some minor upgrade I have done. But I know the bike can feel better. Any of the track guys here want to help me setup my suspension for normal street riding?

FZRguy
Sun Jul 10th, 2011, 11:35 PM
PM irdave on this forum.

birchyboy
Mon Jul 11th, 2011, 06:15 AM
This would make a great tech day if there are a few that know (and are willing to help) how to do this and enough bikes that need adjustment. I was reading last night how to set sag by yourself and it doesn't seem too easy.

If there is interest, I could host it at my house in SE Aurora in the near future.

Treyjack
Mon Jul 11th, 2011, 07:40 AM
I'd also suggest to hit up Mike at SuperTune. I had him tune my suspension a couple weeks ago. Could not ask for a better guy and service. Bike rides totally different now.

Foolds
Mon Jul 11th, 2011, 08:18 AM
+1 for irdave name of his shop is single track mind and he is AMAZING. Let him do some of his voodoo magic for you!

Bueller
Mon Jul 11th, 2011, 10:12 AM
A lot of the track guys use Dave to dial in their suspension. But track riding is much different from street so setup will depend on type of riding and your level of skill. Dave would know the difference.

konaman
Mon Jul 11th, 2011, 06:01 PM
I would be very interested in this as well.

Afrobaron
Wed Jul 13th, 2011, 08:08 PM
I have sent a message off to the person mentioned above and am awaiting a response. I did look at his website also. Nice setup he has going.

I have asked in my PM if maybe he would be willing to setup a remote type shop for a day further south than Fort Colins so some other of us can hit him up for his great services.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Vellos
Wed Jul 13th, 2011, 08:46 PM
I called Dave at STM and he said it would be $100 to adjust my suspension. Anyone know somewhere cheaper? I just need a little tweaking, nothing major.

Ezzzzy1
Wed Jul 13th, 2011, 08:58 PM
I called Dave at STM and he said it would be $100 to adjust my suspension. Anyone know somewhere cheaper? I just need a little tweaking, nothing major.

I talked to Mike at SuperTune on Tuesday and he said he does it for between 80-120. Gotta make an appointment but I would call him. When I mentioned the CSC he made it sound like it would be closer to 80.

rfranks303
Wed Jul 13th, 2011, 10:23 PM
I talked to Mike at SuperTune on Tuesday and he said he does it for between 80-120. Gotta make an appointment but I would call him. When I mentioned the CSC he made it sound like it would be closer to 80.

Mike is a good dude he has helped me a bunch of times.

irdave
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Hey guys. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you- I'm not on here very often.

Yeah, it's usually in the $100 range for suspension set up, but that gets you access to someone with a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering with an emphasis in vehicle dynamics, has worked with some rather fast people, has been a mechanic for 20 years, believes in supporting local/US people (dealer for GP Suspension, Redline Oil, Pitbull, Eibach), among other things... And suspension is all I do- I don't have a 'day job' and do motorcycle work on the side- it's suspension all day every day.

Having said all that, I'm willing to meet a group of people at someplace like IMI if you didn't want to make the distant journey up to Fort Collins. :) IMI gives us the ability to actually ride and make changes.

I'll try to watch this thread, but email (or just call the shop) is much better for me... dave {at} stmsuspension [dot] com or 970 682 2071.