PDA

View Full Version : Yo, Captaingoodvibes!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Jul 11th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Just got my ltest copy of Sport Rider magazine. Here's how they rate the bikes:

Bike: Points
Suzuki 87
Daytona 675 86
Kawasaki 85
Yamaha 84.5
Honda 83

Of course, while it's a really nice bike, with the extra 75cc, the Triumph is something of a "cheater", and if you wanted that, I'd just go get the Gixxer 750. But, for the first time in a long time, the Gixxer 600 is on top.

Hope this helps, and if you want it, you can have the mag when I'm done with it. :)

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Jul 11th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Thanks CM! I should have a copy in the mailbox. I haven't checked all week. Thanks for the heads up!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Jul 11th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Thanks CM! I should have a copy in the mailbox. I haven't checked all week. Thanks for the heads up!
Sure thing bro! Like I said, looks like the Gixxer is the shiznit. Hopefully they'll carry over all the weight-loss regimen to the new 1000 also, as seen in the other thread here.

asp_125
Mon Jul 11th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Supposably, the GSX-R 750 is the same chassis as the 600, so it should prove to be potent.

OUTLAWD
Mon Jul 11th, 2011, 10:10 PM
sport.rider.mag.is.teh.suck

and with how they rate the bikes, the majority couldn't tell the difference aside from ergos

Wrider
Mon Jul 11th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Sure thing bro! Like I said, looks like the Gixxer is the shiznit. Hopefully they'll carry over all the weight-loss regimen to the new 1000 also, as seen in the other thread here.

It dropped a little weight for 2011 even. Can't wait to see what they did for 2012.

Supposably, the GSX-R 750 is the same chassis as the 600, so it should prove to be potent.

It's the exact same chassis. Hell even the motor is almost exactly the same.

Oh and for you cornering freaks, not only did they drop 20 lbs off of it, but they also managed to make it less wheelie happy, shortened the wheelbase 15 mm, and improved the low to midrange.

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Jul 11th, 2011, 10:37 PM
sport.rider.mag.is.teh.suck

and with how they rate the bikes, the majority couldn't tell the difference aside from ergos

But, it's free and periodicals are for ads anyway. I'm sure you know that.

Graphite675
Mon Jul 11th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Of course, while it's a really nice bike, with the extra 75cc, the Triumph is something of a "cheater", and if you wanted that, I'd just go get the Gixxer 750. But, for the first time in a long time, the Gixxer 600 is on top.

Extra 75cc's but one less cylinder. Still eligible to race 600 class because it's in the same HP range as a inline 4 600.

Technically not a cheater. I may have a torque advantage that I can take advantage of in the turns but the inline 4 still seems to have a top end over the 675. (depends on rider etc. of course)

A kawasaki 636 inline 4 = cheater

Swift
Mon Jul 11th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Unless the new gen gixxers have a butter smooth power band like the 675, there's no chance in hell that I'd change my mind about the Triumph.

CaptGoodvibes
Mon Jul 11th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Well, whatever I decide to get, it will be my motorcycle. There will be others like it, but it will be mine. Kaboom!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Jul 11th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Extra 75cc's but one less cylinder. Still eligible to race 600 class because it's in the same HP range as a inline 4 600.

Technically not a cheater. I may have a torque advantage that I can take advantage of in the turns but the inline 4 still seems to have a top end over the 675. (depends on rider etc. of course)

A kawasaki 636 inline 4 = cheater

Ahhh, I don't think the 675 is legal in the 600 classes in AMA or FIM. If so (doubtful), you don't see them. At least, I don't remember seeing any. As for power, ahhh, wrong. My mag test says the Triumph has 1.5-8 peak hp over the 600 class, and more importantly, it has almost 10hp extra all up the rev range. For torque, it has about 4 lb-ft peak on the class, with about 10 lb-ft extra down low and a higher curve all across the rev range too. It also has almost the best roll-on performance, the best lap time, and is a little on the slower end in 1/4 mile.

I like 'em, think they're sexy, but if it's got extra cc's, to me, it's a cheater. ;)

Graphite675
Mon Jul 11th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Unless the new gen gixxers have a butter smooth power band like the 675, there's no chance in hell that I'd change my mind about the Triumph.

:w00t:

Graphite675
Mon Jul 11th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Ahhh, I don't think the 675 is legal in the 600 classes in AMA

Completely legal in AMA SS. There has been a late entry of a 675 in AMA SS this year. Latus Racing fielded a 675 about 2 races ago. In fact Dustin Dominguez put his 675 on Pole at Mid Ohio this past weekend.

With that said, there has been little to no factory support from Triumph and it has not been very competitive at the AMA, WSS bike level compared to most of the inline 4's. It can hold it's own but at that level the still seem to lose out in the top end speed etc.

Swift
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 12:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONZK4Vhd2Qc

End argument.

OUTLAWD
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 01:05 AM
C_M...educated posts would be more helpful...;)

also, the 675 tested is a "cheater" in that it is the "R" model, not the base model, with ohlins shock, forks and monoblock calipers...

Graphite675
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 07:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONZK4Vhd2Qc

End argument.

I remember watching that race a few years back. Awesome battle! Glen Richards rode the wheels off that 675.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 08:06 AM
C_M...educated posts would be more helpful...;)
I said I didn't THINK they were legal, not that they weren't for a fact. I haven't bothered to watch AMA at all in years, and I haven't seen any 675's in FIM. There might have been, but if so they were in the back and I didn't see 'em.

also, the 675 tested is a "cheater" in that it is the "R" model, not the base model, with ohlins shock, forks and monoblock calipers...
Yup. And actually, they liked the Suzuki's Brembo brakes a little better, feeling the Triumph's were too abrupt initially.

Aaron
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 08:16 AM
But, it's free and periodicals are for ads anyway. I'm sure you know that.
You mean subscribing to Sport Rider is free?

CaptGoodvibes
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 08:25 AM
You mean subscribing to Sport Rider is free?

Once a year a link comes around for a free sub. I've not paid for three years so far.

Aaron
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Let me know when that comes around, because after I get back from Paris I was planning on actually buying it!