PDA

View Full Version : May just call the season without starting

jontflesh
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 04:50 PM
My bike sucks, my luck with Suzuki really sucks.

Will know more by the end of the week but Fleshy may be parting out his complete 98/600 + extra shitty motor + tons of other spare motor parts to buy different bike.

It is so wonderful to dump all that cash into membership, extra pit pass, AMA member all to sit at home contimplating explosive end of the 1998 600cc GSXR low point of the Flesh's life

Hi guys! ;)

Dysco
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 05:02 PM
sounds like a good story...

?

jontflesh
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 05:09 PM
You don't want to know.
Basically, rebuilt forks, put on new aftermarket rotors, new paint job....
Water getting into the case, fixed that.
Oil leak #1 fixed that
Oil leak #2 fixed that
Oil leak #3 not sure if fixed, will find out weds
Fuel leak #1 not sure if fixed, will find out weds

Basically I have spent all spring working on this damn thing. Had the head apart 3 times now, had other parts of the bike apart multiple times now. Working on the bike 4 hours near every weekday since March, if it is not one thing another thing goes bad.

I have come to the conclusion I am cursed when it comes to Suzuki. I am done with this damn brand and way more done with this bike. If all is not well this week I am not willing to work on it anymore. I need a non lemon, non suzuki. lol

The joys of Flesh

Anonymous
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 05:20 PM
Damn dude! Buy a two-stroke. At least you're *supposed* to take those apart that much! :shock:

Is TK helping you, or what?

jontflesh
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 05:26 PM
It is ok man, it is time to come to this crossroad in my biking life lol. I shoulda sold this damn thing in 99 when the first of millions apon millions of problems first started.
We'll see though, maybe I did fix it up. I have read the OEM manual multiple times before any of this stuff and really took my time not to mention actually SOBER for all of the work lol. I had to fight the urge to down many many many Breckenridge Brewery brews so many times it brought me to tears many many many many many many times :lol:

More new on Weds night.

japrules
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 05:45 PM
It is ok man, it is time to come to this crossroad in my biking life lol. I shoulda sold this damn thing in 99 when the first of millions apon millions of problems first started.
We'll see though, maybe I did fix it up. I have read the OEM manual multiple times before any of this stuff and really took my time not to mention actually SOBER for all of the work lol. I had to fight the urge to down many many many Breckenridge Brewery brews so many times it brought me to tears many many many many many many times :lol:

More new on Weds night.

This is going to piss you off but my 98' is running great. I have a solution for you though..

Load bike on trailer. Put credit card in pocket. Drive to TK. Unload bike and park in TK. Bow head low, extend credit card to Brian and Bart (do not raise head, do not look them in the eyes).. let go of credit card... i said LET GO! Back away slowly (keep head down)... apologize for what you have done to this gixxer in a sincere quiet voice.. (keep your head down) back away and drive home.. empty change jar (you no longer have a credit card dumbass)... go to Brecks (get a ride, call me, I'll go).. drink heavily until all your change is gone.. pickup bike Friday night before 3rd race. Go have fun. (just leave the credit card with TK as you will be back).
:lol:

jontflesh
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 05:55 PM
I know they do a damn fine job :)
You don't really know about Fleshy vs Hardly Abelson the 1998 1 in a zillion just does not work right bike.
Here is a short short history
1998 bought brand fricken new. Trailered to LA broke down in SFO first of Cam chain tensioner and fuel leak problems......oh yeah 1998...
Then after that........................... 5 cam chain tensioners, 1 split cam, 3-4 fuel pump gaskets, countless cam chains, CC sliders, head gaskets, 1 rebuild from Mountain Performance *tom*, 2nd motor, other crap ect. I coulda bought about 4 bikes now lol

No more major cash into this crap-pile

japrules
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 06:14 PM
I know they do a damn fine job :)
You don't really know about Fleshy vs Hardly Abelson the 1998 1 in a zillion just does not work right bike.
Here is a short short history
1998 bought brand fricken new. Trailered to LA broke down in SFO first of Cam chain tensioner and fuel leak problems......oh yeah 1998...
Then after that........................... 5 cam chain tensioners, 1 split cam, 3-4 fuel pump gaskets, countless cam chains, CC sliders, head gaskets, 1 rebuild from Mountain Performance *tom*, 2nd motor, other crap ect. I coulda bought about 4 bikes now lol

No more major cash into this crap-pile

Ok, lets just have beer then and talk about spare parts for my 98' ;)

Whats up with these oil leaks? Is this due to the freeze plug problem you had? You epoxied those back in right?

Thing sounds possesed.. sell the fucker and buy a honda or something..

j

Devil954
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 08:35 PM
Suzuki the japanese Harley Davidson :lol: Just joking man good luck with that thing , just bring it out for pumpkin palooza and let lurch blow it up :lol:

Filo
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 08:59 PM
Thing sounds possesed.. sell the fucker and buy a honda or something..

j

He is right. Buy my honda.
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15817

troythetroll
Mon May 23rd, 2005, 10:35 PM
You should have bought the racebike I was trying to sell ya John. Sorry about your luck.

Ytry2
Tue May 24th, 2005, 04:55 PM
My bike sucks, my luck with Suzuki really sucks.

Will know more by the end of the week but Fleshy may be parting out his complete 98/600 + extra shitty motor + tons of other spare motor parts to buy different bike.

It is so wonderful to dump all that cash into membership, extra pit pass, AMA member all to sit at home contimplating explosive end of the 1998 600cc GSXR low point of the Flesh's life

Hi guys! ;)

I am sorry to hear about your troubles jon. But think of it this way, would you rather find them now or on the track? I am sure you will get them squared away...if not just use my sisters ;)

jontflesh
Tue May 24th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Ok 4 hours later Fleshy just could be in luck!

Got her buttoned back up, pressure washed the whole engine area to be sure to get all the old oil off, rigged up a generic small gas tank and let her run for about 30 minutes.
Holy Mother of God!!!!!

Am I crazy...... there is no oil leaking down the side????? No oil spots under the bike????? WTF??????? Let her idle for most of that time then started letting the rpms grow up close to redline a few times. Still no oil???? WTF???

So Thurs I am heading down to SCR after work. Gonna let her rip and pray the motor does not completely blow up. We'll see for sure. If any of you guys might be out there on thurs night I might need someone to follow me around for a few laps and see if I start smoking or not.
I was getting a fuel leak out of that little vacum valve deal on the top (part that sticks out of the tank) of the fuel pump. I tore it apart and used some gasket maker on it. So far so good. I might look at just getting a new one of those if the price is right but so far so fricken good.
Never the less. I still will be looking for a bike near the end of the season I thinky, but as for this moment, pre thursday night I may be ok.

TC, your sisters bike is freaking nice! I know now 100% that I never ever ever want to race or own a litre sportbike in my life. I just don't get the 400lb litre stuff. Way too much power, way too little weight for my 138lb ass lol.

Fleshy still dreaming of R6 or 600RR

Pray brothers and sisters, pray for the Flesh. If I never post hear again after thursday my bike went up like a Lurch Saturday night special :lol:

jontflesh
Tue May 24th, 2005, 08:10 PM
Oh yeah, Japrules.
I got that coolant deal fixed. JB welded those tabs in like Bart told me. Flushed the engine out with gas, ran 2 sets of shitty oil through the bike and it is staying nice and black thank god.
I was also happy to see that the coolant system is 100% working. Got her up to 220f and it went back down to 190ish all by itself without riding it. Very nice.

NineTwoFour
Tue May 24th, 2005, 08:11 PM
I'll be out there on Thu... though I'm not sure riding behind that bike is going to be the safest endeavor. Maybe I'll bring some binoculars and try to spot the smoke from the stands. :idea:

Mel
Tue May 24th, 2005, 08:14 PM
Good luck! And before you decide to completely torch the thing, I might want some spares for my happy lil GSXR.

Lurch
Tue May 24th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Pray brothers and sisters, pray for the Flesh. If I never post hear again after thursday my bike went up like a Lurch Saturday night special :lol:

Jon,

You are in luck..again...I recently received a form letter from well a govt agency stating that I have bought um lets just say product from a company. (that must of got busted) and that I shouldn't be making illegal fireworks. Ummm the illegal part I knew about. Why do you think they are so much fun. Well they didn't go into much detail but I can take a hint. So I will not be out Thursday to supply you with illegal fireworks.

So you will just have to keep the thing together and ride it.

Lurch

jontflesh
Tue May 24th, 2005, 08:17 PM
I'll be out there on Thu... though I'm not sure riding behind that bike is going to be the safest endeavor. Maybe I'll bring some binoculars and try to spot the smoke from the stands. :idea:
bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha

Bellypans are a good thing no?

:)

It is not puking oil or anything like it was before I got it all put back together today so I don't think you really have to worry about an oil slick. I would just like someone to flip me off or something if I am blowing smoke out of the motor area :)
I would not want to risk anyones bike or health out there at all. I will be practicing starts on that straight strip on the side for a little while before even heading onto the track just to be sure 8)

Anonymous
Tue May 24th, 2005, 09:37 PM
Jon don't sit there and do starts one after another or you are going to grenade your clutch!! Do one, then do a lap and come back in. This lets it cool down a little and circulate some oil around in there.

japrules
Wed May 25th, 2005, 09:41 AM
Oh yeah, Japrules.
I got that coolant deal fixed. JB welded those tabs in like Bart told me. Flushed the engine out with gas, ran 2 sets of shitty oil through the bike and it is staying nice and black thank god.
I was also happy to see that the coolant system is 100% working. Got her up to 220f and it went back down to 190ish all by itself without riding it. Very nice.

I'll be there thursday night as well.. be good to meet you and your bike from the depths of hell itself.. I'm glad to hear another old gixxer might be in the mix.. c u tomorrow.

J

japrules
Wed May 25th, 2005, 09:44 AM
Jon don't sit there and do starts one after another or you are going to grenade your clutch!! Do one, then do a lap and come back in. This lets it cool down a little and circulate some oil around in there.

Yeah, be nice to the ol'e girl.. She's obviously been ridden hard and put away wet more than a few times.. :lol: