PDA

View Full Version : 8/20 Memorial Ride/Fundraiser for Dave Camp's Daughter

GuitarX
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Ride Details:

Meet at the Morrison Conoco (MoCo) at 8:00am, KSU 8:30am! Heading to Deckers for the ride, then getting back into town to ride over to the Walnut Room for the benefit concert/raffle/silent auction that starts at 12pm.

Hi everybody, I hope this is okay to post here...

As many of you are aware, Dave Camp (V4Whore on this forum) was killed on his motorcycle on 6/29/11. Dave left behind a really wonderful daughter (Alyssa) and I'd like to put something together to help her out a bit in this very hard transition time. We don't have to go overboard but I know we can think of a fun day for all involved and help her out at the same time.

I've never done anything like this before so I really don't know the best way to go about this. I was thinking along simple lines - a memorial ride ending up at one of the local bars/restaurants willing to work with us, some sort of raffle, and maybe even have a couple local bands play. I already know of at least one band who is willing to work this into their schedule and Sascha might as well.

Any help that anyone can offer would be awesome:

1) Ideas for fun/good fundraising events

2) A hosting location, preferably with a stage we can use (and maybe a sound person we can borrow?). I was thinking that Walnut Brewery might be a perfect spot to end up at since they have a nice stage and a parking lot which can accommodate a lot of bikes. Plus they work with the CSC on a lot of other stuff it seems. Does anyone here know those guys well enough to work with them on this, or have contacts at another good location?

3) Does anyone have any contacts at the local bike shops? Maybe we can get some gear or service from them to raffle off with all proceeds going to Dave's family?

4) Does anyone own (or know) a business that may not be in the motorcycle community but would be willing to donate a product or service to be raffled?

5) Rybo mentioned that working with an attorney would be a good idea, so that we or Dave's daughter don't get hit by tax ramifications on the donations. Does anyone know an attorney who might do this pro bono?

6) Anything else I'm missing?

Thanks so much everybody. The emotional support from CSC members has really been wonderful, for my own sanity and especially for Dave's family. I just spoke to his mom yesterday and she was so touched by the large number of riders that came to the memorial service. If we can keep the energy going for just one more thing - a little fundraising for his daughter - it would be so appreciated.

UPDATE:
Hi all, I just wanted to thank everyone again...

It looks like August 20th is the date we're aiming at for the memorial ride/raffle/music/festivities. Please put that on your calendar. I'm thinking a Deckers ride in the morning and then ride to the Walnut Room which is where I think we'll be doing the rest. Jim Wilson is helping so much with that side of things.

Alyssa and her family will be in attendance so you can meet her and see what an amazing person she is. She's been stronger than I during this whole thing, she's really something else.

I'll have the donation forms (for financial AND product/service donations) that I received from Terry/ABATE. Anything you donate will be tax deductible.

We will do a Deckers run in the morning (leaving Moco at 8:30am), and then end up at The Walnut Room just before noon. The music will begin at noon and we'll end the day around 4. There will be a 50/50 raffle, door prizes, and a silent auction.

Here are the donations for the Silent Auction (and door prizes):

Rybo: Chicane will donate 1 free entry to the trackday on September 5th. Rybo is also donating funds for every 9/5 trackday entry received by 8/20 so get entered for that Chicane trackday!
Rapparee: Arai Vector II Helmet (and aluminum bottles for door prizes) - RECEIVED
303 Cycles: Knox Handroid Gloves (normally sell for $250!!!), also supplying coupons that when presented 303 Cycle will donate 10% of the purchase to Dave's memorial. - RECEIVED
Jason Pridmore: The AGV T-2 helmet he wore for Celtic Racing at Laguna Seca! Autographed as well. How cool is that???
ABATE: Miscellaneous Items for door prizes - RECEIVED
TFOG: $50 gift certificate - RECEIVED
Performance Cycle: Two $50 gift certificates - RECEIVED
Grand Prix Motorsports: Miscellaneous t-shirts, hats, etc. for door prizes - RECEIVED
Fay Myers: Some door prizes - RECEIVED
Slo: Nick @ MAC Autosport will donate 2 baseline (no tuning) dynos for cars (2wd or awd) - RECEIVED
Slo: Jon Vigil @ Trackstar Performance Garage will donate a $50.00 voucher for free labor for cars. This can apply for regular labor rates or 50.00 off fabricating jobs. Also can be used towards AMSOIL products. - RECEIVED
Slo: 4 gift cards for DazBog coffee, each one for $25.00 - RECEIVED
Slo: 2 gift cards for Starbucks coffee, each one for $25.00 - RECEIVED
Wrider: Speed & Strength Twist of Fate Gloves
GuitarX: Cruiser/Café-style leather jacket - RECEIVED
Rick O’Shea (guitarist for AKA): Jay Turser Electric Guitar - RECEIVED
Ninja2: Certificate for a 4-5 hour rock climbing experience at Garden of the Gods - RECEIVED
Faster Performance: Dyno Runs
UglyDogRacing: 2 MRA Super Street Vouchers
GB's Fish & Chips (Ezzzzy1): $25 gift certificate - RECEIVED
Brothers BBQ (Ezzzzy1): Two $25 gift certificates - RECEIVED
Michelle Coronel: Gift basket including free massage certificate - Total Value $150 - RECEIVED
Sean: Two vouchers for 1-hour guitar lessons - RECEIVED
Madvlad: BG Lenz Saver kit - Valued at $60 - RECEIVED
Anonymous: Size Small Flip-Up Style Helmet
Gary Walker: 2 tickets to any 2011 MRA event - RECEIVED
SalsaShark: Taste of Philly gift certificate - RECEIVED

Sincerely,
Gary
303-282-9800

UglyDogRacing
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 09:22 AM
2) A hosting location, preferably with a stage we can use (and maybe a sound person we can borrow?). I was thinking that Walnut Brewery might be a perfect spot to end up at since they have a nice stage and a parking lot which can accommodate a lot of bikes. Plus they work with the CSC on a lot of other stuff it seems. Does anyone here know those guys well enough to work with them on this, or have contacts at another good location?

I can arrange this at The Walnut Room if that's the location you want.

3) Does anyone have any contacts at the local bike shops? Maybe we can get some gear or service from them to raffle off with all proceeds going to Dave's family?

I have contacts at all the local shops. I can help you with this.

4) Does anyone own (or know) a business that may not be in the motorcycle community but would be willing to donate a product or service to be raffled?

I'm sure ABATE would be willing to help out in this area.

5) Rybo mentioned that working with an attorney would be a good idea, so that we or Dave's daughter don't get hit by tax ramifications on the donations. Does anyone know an attorney who might do this pro bono?

Ed Smalley may be able to help out with this.

BC14
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 09:23 AM
I second the Walnut Room idea.

Mother Goose
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 09:25 AM
I'm in. Let me know what I can do to help, Gary.

Matty
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 09:26 AM
subscribed...... Gary i can help ya lead or sweep.

Slo
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 09:27 AM
I should be in for this.....even if something comes up last minute, I will still donate. I can also talk to a couple of car shops, possibly for gift certificates for free baseline dyno or services. Obviously for cars, not bikes, but still something.

mtnairlover
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Some ideas...

Top 10 Ideas for Fundraising Events (http://www.fundraising.com/fundraising-events.aspx)

Children of Fallen Riders - blog idea (http://www.childrenoffallenriders.com/blog/)

Here's another idea...

A one-day treasure hunt (entry fee needed), finding specific things/items (taking pictures along the way of items) and ending at the stage in a park where there will be food and other fun things to do, as well as listen to music (some sort of cover charge to pay for food and music).

Snowman
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Lead, Sweep, can't play an instrument, But The Walnut Room has epic pizza...

Foolds
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Contact Terri At Abate. Shes on here as Abatestatecord shes Great! and has helped us several times get stuff set up. Abate has an ability to do cash raffles and things like that due to there status as a non profit Charity. Walnut room is Central and if anyone can make shops help you out its JIM! I can also hit up my contacts.

GuitarX
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Wow, you guys are awesome! Jim, should I call you to make this easier than typing out a bunch of posts back and forth? I don't mind taking a lot of this on my shoulders as well so you're not working so hard.

I was thinking Walnut Room because they seem CSC-friendly, have a great stage, great food, and decent parking, etc. If there's a better location, I'm open to it. Since there's a bike night there this Wednesday, do you want to meet there and talk about this at all? Or will you be too busy with your normal bike night duties?

Thanks again...

UglyDogRacing
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Wow, you guys are awesome! Jim, should I call you to make this easier than typing out a bunch of posts back and forth? I don't mind taking a lot of this on my shoulders as well so you're not working so hard.

I was thinking Walnut Room because they seem CSC-friendly, have a great stage, great food, and decent parking, etc. If there's a better location, I'm open to it. Since there's a bike night there this Wednesday, do you want to meet there and talk about this at all? Or will you be too busy with your normal bike night duties?

Thanks again...

Sure come talk to me tomorrow night.

BC14
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Lead, Sweep, can't play an instrument, But The Walnut Room has epic pizza...
+1 for the pizza. I can help with riding coordination as well, if need be.

Sean
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Gary,
I don't know what I can help with, but I'm more than willing. If you need a random person for a random task, please don't hesitate to contact me.

If I had a band, I'd be happy to perform. Unfortunately, most of the musicians I know are either jazz or classical. Not really the kind of music that pumps up a bunch of sportbikers! :lol:

-Sean

Cap'n Crunch
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 10:24 AM
I'm definately 100% in on this Gary - anything you need, just let me know. Maybe I could help with Set Up/ Tear Down or clean-up or whatever.

SaShWhO
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 10:27 AM
say when, Gary.
Sinfix is ready to Jam for this great cause!

good on you

~Barn~
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 11:10 AM
I'm in. If you could maybe setup/postup a PayPal address that I can send my donation to, I will do it posthaste.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Awesome that you're doing this Gary, and also to all that are helping or riding.

Dave will always be with us as long as we keep his memory in our thoughts and hearts.

Hopefully I can make it as I have my daughter every other weekend starting this weekend.

GuitarX
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Thank you all so much, it's times like this that you can see how much everybody in the CSC really cares about each other. Thank you, thank you, thank you. This means a lot.

Barn - hold off for now on the donation. I need to figure out what the legal/tax ramifications are. I want to set this up properly so no one gets an unexpected call from the IRS. Thank you for your generosity!

Gary

rfranks303
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 12:45 PM
I have a truck and I'm in no way afraid of hard work. If there's anything at all I can do just call seven 20 939 9601 my name is rob.

~Barn~
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Sure thing Gary. Even the money can just go toward purchasing something for the raffle, or helping with the logistics of it all...

I figure it there's a "leftover fund", she could get some good use out of small cash gift (or the equivalent). ;)

Wrider
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 01:01 PM
I'm in too. Like rfranks I have a truck and am not afraid of hard work. You can get ahold of me at seven 19 six six1 sixsix85.
Ryan

asp_125
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Subscribed. :up: Hopefully I will be available to help / ride.

CaneZach
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Subscribed. :up:

+1

Bugkiller1
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Sounds great Gary. Will follow this post, hopefully will be around to help/ ride.

cbrjohnny
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 09:45 PM
hey G let me know when and where and what i can do!

johnny

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Subscribed. :up: Hopefully I will be available to help / ride.

Me too

GuitarX
Wed Jul 13th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Thanks again everybody, I'm going to talk to Jim tonight at the bike night and see if any details can be nailed down. I'll go for a non-MRA date so any racers who want to participate can do so. I'm also going to try and figure out the legal aspects of this with a fellow CSC'er with a law degree. Once the general framework of this thing is figured out, then I'll know what kind of help is needed, etc. Talk to you soon... Gary

sprtbkbabe
Wed Jul 13th, 2011, 11:02 AM
I should be back on two for sure in mid-August and happy to help ;)

**EDIT: Full use of trailer and truck at your disposal

GuitarX
Wed Jul 13th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Thanks, I'm aiming for a non-MRA weekend in mid- to late-August so that's perfect.

GuitarX
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 11:04 AM
I'm in. If you could maybe setup/postup a PayPal address that I can send my donation to, I will do it posthaste.

Barn (and everybody who would like to make a donation for Dave's daughter) - I spoke to Terry (ABATE) last night at the bike night and here is the donation information:

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=588350#post588350

I created a separate thread for that just to make it easier to find.

Thanks all!
Gary

Slo
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Gary, as discussed, I went and contacted Nick (tuner) @ MAC Autosport and Jon Vigil (owner) of TrackStar Performance Garage, both were immediate in saying yes when I told them about this and asked if they could donate a couple of things.

Nick @ MAC Autosport will donate at least 1 baseline (no tuning) dyno for cars (2wd or awd)

Jon Vigil @ Trackstar Performance Garage will donate at least 1 $50.00 voucher for free labor for cars. This can apply for regular labor rates or 50.00 off fabricating jobs.

GuitarX
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Hi all, I just wanted to thank everyone again...

It looks like August 20th is the date we're aiming at for the memorial ride/raffle/music/festivities. Please put that on your calendar. I'm thinking a Deckers ride in the morning and then ride to the Walnut Room which is where I think we'll be doing the rest. Jim Wilson is helping so much with that side of things.

Alyssa and her family will be in attendance so you can meet her and see what an amazing person she is. She's been stronger than I during this whole thing, she's really something else.

I'll have the donation forms (for financial AND product/service donations) that I received from Terry/ABATE. Anything you donate will be tax deductible.

GuitarX
Fri Jul 29th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Just wanted to update everybody. Looks like 8/20 will definitely be the day for the memorial ride/fundraiser. I'll post up more officially and with more details later. Please join us even if you can't afford to donate. I want to make this a really fun day and show some good support for Dave's family.

I'm thinking we'll do a Deckers run in the morning (probably leaving Moco at 9am), and then end up at The Walnut Room just before noon. The music will begin at noon and we'll end the day around 4. There will be a 50/50 raffle, door prizes, and a silent auction.

I just wanted to bump this and keep it alive. More details in a bit. Thank you so much.
Gary

BC14
Fri Jul 29th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Just wanted to update everybody. Looks like 8/20 will definitely be the day for the memorial ride/fundraiser. I'll post up more officially and with more details later. Please join us even if you can't afford to donate. I want to make this a really fun day and show some good support for Dave's family.

I'm thinking we'll do a Deckers run in the morning (probably leaving Moco at 9am), and then end up at The Walnut Room just before noon. The music will begin at noon and we'll end the day around 4. There will be a 50/50 raffle, door prizes, and a silent auction.

I just wanted to bump this and keep it alive. More details in a bit. Thank you so much.
Gary
:up:

Mother Goose
Fri Jul 29th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Sounds great Gary! If you want me to lead or sweep a group, let me know.

Also, if we get enough response, you may want to change the start from MoCo. Just to get some extra room and not piss off the Co staff.

rforsythe
Fri Jul 29th, 2011, 09:12 AM
So a couple things:
1. I will need to make sure the day is open, but will ride sweep if I can.
2. Knowing how big group rides go on here, I think there needs to be a very inclusive pre-ride meeting, and anyone going on this needs to be there for it.

Trainwreck
Fri Jul 29th, 2011, 09:33 AM
If a couple bands are needed for this, i will talk to my guys and see if they can swing it.

Style: Metal
Band name: Cryogen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lcYh8qmEc0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3OzS2Ub5lg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg8TKPMCqeI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg8TKPMCqeI)

If the style is something that would be good for this event let me know and i'll repost what we can do. If not...no worries, i'll still be attending!

***EDIT: BTW, this is my band, not sure if it was clear in my original post.***

GuitarX
Fri Jul 29th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Sounds great Gary! If you want me to lead or sweep a group, let me know.

Also, if we get enough response, you may want to change the start from MoCo. Just to get some extra room and not piss off the Co staff.

Thanks John, I might just take you up on that. Good call on the start location. Maybe there's a bigger parking lot close by we can use. I'll have to do some recon on that.

So a couple things:
2. Knowing how big group rides go on here, I think there needs to be a very inclusive pre-ride meeting, and anyone going on this needs to be there for it.

Thank you so much for that! Good idea about the pre-ride discussion. I want everyone to have fun, and no one to get hurt.

If a couple bands are needed for this, i will talk to my guys and see if they can swing it.

If the style is something that would be good for this event let me know and i'll repost what we can do. If not...no worries, i'll still be attending!

Trainwreck, thanks for this offer. Sascha also knows a band willing to play if necessary. I think I'm okay on the music side but I'll know for sure soon.

You guys are great!
Gary

Trainwreck
Fri Jul 29th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Trainwreck, thanks for this offer. Sascha also knows a band willing to play if necessary. I think I'm okay on the music side but I'll know for sure soon.

You guys are great!
Gary

Thank you! just keep me in the loop. PM would be great once you know 100%

aerofaze
Fri Jul 29th, 2011, 10:22 AM
So a couple things:

Agreed on #2. When Aphrodite led Ralph's Fundraising Ride last September, she gathered the large group around and emphasized the rules to make sure we understood it was to be a fun but overall moderate pace. Afterall, Ralph was laid up in the hospital. Ryan (I think) even volunteered to drive his truck as the chase/sweep vehicle.

Everyone behaved and it was a chill, scenic ride.

Gary, I'm so sorry, but I'm pretty sure I won't make the actual ride. :( I will TRY to stop by the Walnut Room, but it would be later in the afternoon. Wishing it all the best!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Jul 29th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Hey Gary, I'd love to help, but I'll be moving the weekend of Aug 20th, and I have my daughter the weekend before and after that. Let me know and I'll help if I can bro.

PunyJuney
Sat Jul 30th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Hey Gary, lets get the auction items listed and start the bidding. No need to wait until Aug 20th for that. Maybe some people on the forum want the 'stuff' and want to be part of it but won't be there at the Nut. I can help distribute anything after the fact if they want to bid and can't make the date.
I'll be there to do the 50/50 for you, but have to go fetch the relatives at the airport so I'll be caging it down. If you need me to transport anything to the nut just let me know.

Matty
Sat Jul 30th, 2011, 12:51 PM

That will definitely be on the agenda.....

OUTLAWD
Mon Aug 1st, 2011, 04:53 PM
I'm up for lead/sweep duties for the ride.

Nvr2late
Mon Aug 1st, 2011, 05:35 PM

Gary

I can skip the ride and go to the Nut that morning if you need someone there to help set up, let me know. Also I'd be happy to pick up donations from the different vendors and/or help deliver items as June had suggested. Put me to work.

Concabar
Mon Aug 1st, 2011, 06:01 PM
I'm up for lead/sweep duties for the ride.

+1

Whatever you need Gary, no hesitation I will help.

grim
Mon Aug 1st, 2011, 06:32 PM
I'm willing to cage it and chase sweepers as was noted above if anyone wants to bring items to the nut after the run and i will have tools if someone breaks down

Cap'n Crunch
Mon Aug 1st, 2011, 09:33 PM
I'm there for sure.Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

GuitarX
Mon Aug 1st, 2011, 10:27 PM
Thanks everybody. I need to contact Jim and see what he was able to get going with the shops. I'm worried we won't have much for the auction if he can't get some gear. I'll contact him and see what's up.

GuitarX
Tue Aug 2nd, 2011, 12:26 AM
Hi all,

Here are the details for the Dave Camp Memorial Ride and fundraiser/music at the Walnut Room on Saturday, August 20th.

I’d like to make this a Deckers run and get to the Walnut Room before noon so we can get settled there before the band starts and so that people can order lunch if they want. We’ll meet at Moco at 8am and leave for Deckers at 8:30am. That should leave time to BS with friends for a bit at Deckers and then head out for the Walnut Room.

The band playing at the Walnut Room will be Bad Little Doggie with members of AKA.

Even if you can’t afford to donate please come out and have fun with us. I’m going to try to have Dave’s family there and I know it will mean a lot to them to see a good turn-out. Tickets for the 50/50 raffle will only be a $1.00 each (or 6 for $5.00) so you can still be a part of the event without spending a bundle. I’ll bring the tickets to the CSC BBQ as well, in case anyone would like to purchase them there (if they can’t make it to the Walnut Room). By the way, credit cards and personal checks are okay for the auction items if that makes it easier.

Reminder:

Donations to the fallen rider fund can be made on line through ABATE OF COLORADO.
http://abateofcolo.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=72&Itemid=74

Originally established as the “Randy Run”, this non-profit fund collects donations year round to assist riders and the loved ones of riders hurt or killed in a motorcycle accident. Donations are tax deductible and a grant will be processed for the family to assist with associated costs such as school tuition for Alyssa, or any other situation of need that may arise.

Please let me know if the following info is correct (if you’re on there), or if I forgot someone.

CSC’ers who have volunteered to lead or sweep for the ride:

Matty
Snowman
BC14
Mother Goose
Rforsythe
Outlawd
Grim (can follow in truck if necessary)
GuitarX
Wrider
CaneZach
Sean

Here are the donations for the Silent Auction (and door prizes):

Rybo: Chicane will donate 1 free entry to the trackday on September 5th. Rybo is also donating funds for every 9/5 trackday entry received by 8/20 so get entered for that Chicane trackday!
Rapparee: Arai Vector II Helmet (and aluminum bottles for door prizes) - RECEIVED
303 Cycles: Knox Handroid Gloves (normally sell for $250!!!), also supplying coupons that when presented 303 Cycle will donate 10% of the purchase to Dave's memorial. - RECEIVED
Jason Pridmore: The AGV T-2 helmet he wore for Celtic Racing at Laguna Seca! Autographed as well. How cool is that???
ABATE: Miscellaneous Items for door prizes - RECEIVED
TFOG: $50 gift certificate - RECEIVED
Performance Cycle: Two $50 gift certificates - RECEIVED
Slo: Nick @ MAC Autosport will donate 2 baseline (no tuning) dynos for cars (2wd or awd) - RECEIVED
Slo: Jon Vigil @ Trackstar Performance Garage will donate a $50.00 voucher for free labor for cars. This can apply for regular labor rates or 50.00 off fabricating jobs. Also can be used towards AMSOIL products. - RECEIVED
Slo: 4 gift cards for DazBog coffee, each one for $25.00 - RECEIVED
GuitarX: Cruiser/Café-style leather jacket - RECEIVED
Ninja2: Certificate for a 4-5 hour rock climbing experience at Garden of the Gods - RECEIVED
Michelle Coronel: Gift basket including free massage certificate - Total Value $150 - RECEIVED
Sean: Two vouchers for 1-hour guitar lessons - RECEIVED
Madvlad: BG Lenz Saver kit - Valued at $60 - RECEIVED
Anonymous: Size Small Flip-Up Style Helmet
Gary Walker: 2 tickets to any 2011 MRA event - RECEIVED
SalsaShark: Taste of Philly gift certificate - RECEIVED

CaneZach
Tue Aug 2nd, 2011, 07:29 AM
Gary, I know you have a few people signed up, but if you need someone else to lead or sweep, let me know.

GuitarX
Tue Aug 2nd, 2011, 07:31 AM
Gary, I know you have a few people signed up, but if you need someone else to lead or sweep, let me know.

Much appreciated. I definitely want to see the more experienced riders like yourself setting the pace. Thanks Zach.

CaneZach
Tue Aug 2nd, 2011, 10:09 AM
Anytime, Gary. I''ll even come up to MoCo through Deckers to make sure the road is clear.

BC14
Tue Aug 2nd, 2011, 10:37 AM
Anytime, Gary. I''ll even come up to MoCo through Deckers to make sure the road is clear.

UglyDogRacing
Tue Aug 2nd, 2011, 01:20 PM
Thanks everybody. I need to contact Jim and see what he was able to get going with the shops. I'm worried we won't have much for the auction if he can't get some gear. I'll contact him and see what's up.

Grand Prix Motorsports and Faster Motorsports would both like to be involved. I followed up with Fay Myers, G Force and Coyote today and awaiting calls back from them.

Sully
Tue Aug 2nd, 2011, 01:29 PM

:hump:

CaneZach
Tue Aug 2nd, 2011, 02:33 PM
:hump:

:boobies::boobies::boobies::leghump::leghump: :makeout: :makeout: :makeout:

:D

O... M... G...!!! Lulzerific!!!

UglyDogRacing
Tue Aug 2nd, 2011, 03:24 PM
Faster Motorsports is going to donate dyno runs.

I will also put up two MRA Super Street vouchers.

Ezzzzy1
Tue Aug 2nd, 2011, 03:58 PM
Didnt know Mr. Camp that well but was chatting with a few people that I know and GBs Fish and Chips will donate a $25 gift cert and Brothers BBQ is letting me know this week what they will throw in the pot. Let me know when/where I can get these to whom ever they need to be gotten to!

The resturant world is always down to throw gift cards out so ask around I bet you get a lot of support from them?!

GuitarX
Tue Aug 2nd, 2011, 04:38 PM
Faster Motorsports is going to donate dyno runs.

I will also put up two MRA Super Street vouchers.

Thank you Jim! I'll update the list!

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Aug 2nd, 2011, 05:05 PM
is this being advertised anywhere outside of the CSC?

BC14
Tue Aug 2nd, 2011, 05:17 PM
It's been posted on Facebook as well, in the various groups associated with CSC.

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Aug 2nd, 2011, 05:50 PM
What is Facebook?

whatever it is - glad to hear it.

GuitarX
Fri Aug 12th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Hi all,

It's time to start trying to collect the donated goods for the Silent Auction. If you see this and are going to the CSC BBQ, I'll be there and will have my truck. I'll PM you as well to make contact.

Here's the list so far, thank you SO much!

Rybo: Chicane will donate 1 free entry to the trackday on September 5th.
Rapparee: Helmet (and aluminum bottles for door prizes)
303 Cycles: Will donate either a Bell helmet or Knox Gloves...stay tuned!
ABATE: Miscellaneous Items for door prizes
Slo: Nick @ MAC Autosport will donate at least 1 baseline (no tuning) dyno for cars (2wd or awd)
Slo: Jon Vigil @ Trackstar Performance Garage will donate at least 1 $50.00 voucher for free labor for cars. This can apply for regular labor rates or 50.00 off fabricating jobs.
Carol Jellico: Two Hand-drawn pencil portraits (matted & framed) of a pet or family member
GuitarX: Cruiser/Café-style leather jacket (and t-shirts, etc. for door prizes)
Ninja2: Woman’s Specialized Stumpjumper mountain bike
Ninja2: Certificate for a 4-5 hour rock climbing experience at Garden of the Gods
Michelle Coronel: Gift basket including free massage certificate
Sean: Two vouchers for 1-hour guitar lessons

Slo
Fri Aug 12th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Not sure if this falls into the silent auction or raffle but also have the 4 gift cars for DazBog coffee, each one for $25.00

madvlad
Fri Aug 12th, 2011, 12:24 PM
I'll bring you that BG Lenz Saver kit during the BBQ on sunday. Valued at $60

Mother Goose
Fri Aug 12th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Gary, can you update the first post with the ride info an prizes? Just so people don't have to search through the thread for it.

GuitarX
Sat Aug 13th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Gary, can you update the first post with the ride info an prizes? Just so people don't have to search through the thread for it.

Good idea, will do it right now...

Slo
Mon Aug 15th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Gary, just talked to Jim @ TFOG, he will donate a $50.00 labor certificate as well for the fundraiser.

BC14
Mon Aug 15th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Gary, just talked to Jim @ TFOG, he will donate a $50.00 labor certificate as well for the fundraiser.

GuitarX
Mon Aug 15th, 2011, 06:03 PM

That's awesome, thank you Jim (if you're watching this). Thanks Jay...
Gary

Mother Goose
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Updated your first post with the ride details. :up:

Sean
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 08:31 AM
This is going to be a cool event! :rock:

GuitarX
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Updated your first post with the ride details. :up:

Thanks John! I went in and actually changed your times. We initially talked about leaving Moco at 9am but changed it to 8:30am to make sure we have time to putz around at Deckers for a bit and still get to The Walnut Room by or before noon.

I hope that doesn't mix everybody up. If they've been following the thread, they should be in on the 8:30am time slot. I'll post that on the Social Events thread as well. All the flyers say meet at 8am/leave at 8:30am as well.

Gary

Mother Goose
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Awesome. I didn't know that. :up:

It would be good for the leaders/sweepers to get there early to meet up and go over everything. Then we could figure out who is leading, sweeping, etc.

GuitarX
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Yeah, I'm SO glad you did that actually. I didn't realize that confusion existed in the context of the thread so hopefully everybody who plans on going knows the actual timing. I added that to the Social Events thread too.

Good idea on the leaders/sweepers getting there early.

Thanks again...
Gary

BC14
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Yeah, I'm SO glad you did that actually. I didn't realize that confusion existed in the context of the thread so hopefully everybody who plans on going knows the actual timing. I added that to the Social Events thread too.

Good idea on the leaders/sweepers getting there early.

Thanks again...
Gary
Sean, Outlawd, and myself should all be getting there right around 8, probably a few minutes before.

Mother Goose
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Sent out a PM to everyone on the list.

BC14
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Copy, and replied. I can always go straight over to the MoCo if need be.

Sean
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Replied to Wicky. I think 8 should be okay. Esp since we have three lead/sweep in the northie group.

Gary, I'll prob sweep, can you pm the route you want to take, just so we can be 100% sure and there is no confusion?

grim
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Sent out a PM to everyone on the list.

Might i be able to get involved in this group and PM since ill be caging it ill be behind the last sweeper and whomever that is id like to talk to them and figure out what pace they want to go and what not.

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 09:10 AM
cross posted to VFRW and ADVrider. I think there's about three guys over there who ride pavement too.

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Might i be able to get involved in this group and PM since ill be caging it ill be behind the last sweeper and whomever that is id like to talk to them and figure out what pace they want to go and what not.

Just look for the white and black signs with a speed limit posted on it.

grim
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Just look for the white and black signs with a speed limit posted on it.

Thank you for that obvious answer...not exactly what i meat though...i meant in regards to what time the early people are going to be there as well as talking to the sweeper so i don't get too close to them for their comfort.

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Thank you for that obvious answer...

talking to the sweeper so i don't get too close to them for their comfort.

so I should keep my obvious answer to myself on that one too? :gay:

:makeout:

just poking some fun man, but there's probably no need to over think some things.

Mother Goose
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Thank you for that obvious answer...not exactly what i meat though...i meant in regards to what time the early people are going to be there as well as talking to the sweeper so i don't get too close to them for their comfort.
Just go at a truck pace, don't try and keep up. If anything happens to our group, you will see them. I think Sean will be the one you will need to talk to about it. Some of us are getting there around 7:45, but it looks like others think it'll be fine to show up at 8.

grim
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 09:43 AM
so I should keep my obvious answer to myself on that one too? :gay:

:makeout:

just poking some fun man, but there's probably no need to over think some things.

I know and normally id be on it like white on rice as you have seen on other threads but im not playing that card in this thread :D hope to meet you on saturday!!!

grim
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Just go at a truck pace, don't try and keep up. If anything happens to our group, you will see them. I think Sean will be the one you will need to talk to about it. Some of us are getting there around 7:45, but it looks like others think it'll be fine to show up at 8.

Thank you ill prob be there at 0730 then im always too early ill talk to sean at moco!

see you all there!

Sean
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Thank you ill prob be there at 0730 then im always too early ill talk to sean at moco!

see you all there!:up: I'll be there by 8:00 per my meet up thread. I plan on sweeping (if it's needed) for any group that wants to do the speed limit-5/10mph over. I'm not looking to tear it up. It's a benefit ride, not a canyon run for me. I just plan on having fun, meeting up with some folks and celebrating the life of a fallen rider.

BC14
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 10:44 AM
:up: I'll be there by 8:00 per my meet up thread. I plan on sweeping (if it's needed) for any group that wants to do the speed limit-5/10mph over. I'm not looking to tear it up. It's a benefit ride, not a canyon run for me. I just plan on having fun, meeting up with some folks and celebrating the life of a fallen rider.
+1, Lead or sweep for me. Nice smooth pace is what is desired.

CaneZach
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 11:44 AM
:up: I'll be there by 8:00 per my meet up thread. I plan on sweeping (if it's needed) for any group that wants to do the speed limit-5/10mph over. I'm not looking to tear it up. It's a benefit ride, not a canyon run for me. I just plan on having fun, meeting up with some folks and celebrating the life of a fallen rider.

+1, Lead or sweep for me. Nice smooth pace is what is desired.

I'll try to meet up with you guys as early as possible, but I may not get there until 8ish. I'm still planning on coming up through Deckers to clear the road before we send a bunch of riders through there.

With this being a sizeable group ride, I figured we would just take it nice and easy, right? No need for hauling the mail with a hundred riders out there.

GuitarX
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Yes, I agree with you guys that we should take it easier than normal but to be realistic there will be riders who have different interpretations of an easy pace. So I think we should split the ride into a "spirited" pace, "medium" pace, and a "scenic" pace.

Everybody just has to be honest with themselves and the group as far as how fast they feel like going. Personally I love Deckers and feel very comfortable on that road and even if I tell myself I'll go at a more scenic pace I know I'll end up riding more at a spirited pace.

The other question is do we stop at the crash site or not? There might be too many bikes to do that and we certainly don't have to stop there. We can all just meet up at Deckers, shoot the sh!t for a bit, get refreshed, and then head to The Walnut Room.

Mother Goose
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 02:03 PM
I thought about stopping too, but I think with that many bikes, it wouldn't be a good idea. Even with 5 bikes parked on the side of a road, people in cages can't help but cause issues because they are a bunch of looky-loos. :lol:

grim
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Yes, I agree with you guys that we should take it easier than normal but to be realistic there will be riders who have different interpretations of an easy pace. So I think we should split the ride into a "spirited" pace, "medium" pace, and a "scenic" pace.

Everybody just has to be honest with themselves and the group as far as how fast they feel like going. Personally I love Deckers and feel very comfortable on that road and even if I tell myself I'll go at a more scenic pace I know I'll end up riding more at a spirited pace.

The other question is do we stop at the crash site or not? There might be too many bikes to do that and we certainly don't have to stop there. We can all just meet up at Deckers, shoot the sh!t for a bit, get refreshed, and then head to The Walnut Room.

PM SENT IN REGARDS TO THIS

rforsythe
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 02:28 PM
We'll cover ride rules, group splits, etc that morning. Expect 4-5 groups of riders, faster folks in front. And no, we do not need 100 people stopping for a crash if one occurs. If you aren't actually helping in some material way, please go elsewhere and wait.

grim
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 02:38 PM
We'll cover ride rules, group splits, etc that morning. Expect 4-5 groups of riders, faster folks in front. And no, we do not need 100 people stopping for a crash if one occurs. If you aren't actually helping in some material way, please go elsewhere and wait.

He wasn't referring to stopping IF someone crashed he meant stopping where Dave crashed and lost his life.

rforsythe
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 02:44 PM
He wasn't referring to stopping IF someone crashed he meant stopping where Dave crashed and lost his life.

Oh, sorry. :oops:

I would say if it can be done in a sane manner (like a big pull off area) then sure, I'm not familiar with that spot enough to know. Is there something nearby we can get all of the bikes into and people can maybe walk over? We definitely don't want to create a hazard.

BC14
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Oh, sorry. :oops:

I would say if it can be done in a sane manner (like a big pull off area) then sure, I'm not familiar with that spot enough to know. Is there something nearby we can get all of the bikes into and people can maybe walk over? We definitely don't want to create a hazard.
Ralph,
Unfortunately the spot isn't in a very easy pull off spot. Gary and the gang did stop there last month, but it honestly wasn't very safe of a stopping place. I wouldn't recommend it.

grim
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Ralph,
Unfortunately the spot isn't in a very easy pull off spot. Gary and the gang did stop there last month, but it honestly wasn't very safe of a stopping place. I wouldn't recommend it.

I already advised Guitar X and we will discuss it but i was thinking i can use my car as a blockade so you guys don't get hit by any other cars just so you can do a very brief moment of silence.

rforsythe
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 03:46 PM
I already advised Guitar X and we will discuss it but i was thinking i can use my car as a blockade so you guys don't get hit by any other cars just so you can do a very brief moment of silence.

If the group stops, i.e. dozens of bikes, a very brief moment is going to mean probably 10 minutes for everyone to get stopped, do their thing, and get rolling again. Blockade or not, this just doesn't sound like a good idea to me. I can't tell people what to do, but if it's that unsafe I am just going to keep rolling (sweep rider or not). Given what this ride is about, let's not honor our fallen by becoming one too.

asp_125
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 03:51 PM
The safer alternative is to stop someplace safer up or down the road and walk the short distance.

rforsythe
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 03:55 PM
The safer alternative is to stop someplace safer up or down the road and walk the short distance.

Right, that's what I'm getting at earlier. There is bound to be somewhere within relative walking distance, if so we should use that. If not, well, slow down past the spot and maybe stop somewhere farther away to have a moment of silence.

GuitarX
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Hey guys, like I said...we don't have to stop there. Depending on the number of bikes it will simply be a matter of bad logistics. We'll just cruise straight to Deckers.

How's this for a route?

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=211763765010099128017.0004aaba89ec7785501f 2&msa=0&ll=39.512517,-105.187225&spn=0.856053,1.234589

OR

We can go hit Bear Creek again on the way back, and hit 470 east at Moco again. From there take 285 N to Santa Fe and on to Walnut Room. Just depends on if you want to run back down Bear Creek for some more twisties.

grim
Wed Aug 17th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Agreed will prob take longer w more people

thankgod
Thu Aug 18th, 2011, 12:05 AM
I'm gonna try and make it on time for this, I'd love to donate a little cash to the family, and honor a fallen rider. Looks like a good group too, should mean a lot to his daughter. :hibye: I'm really looking forward to this!

Matty
Thu Aug 18th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Stopping g at the crash site... Might be a huge cluster fuck. As, stated the leaders and sweepers will know whTs up Saturday morning. See y guys there at a quarter to 8.

grim
Thu Aug 18th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Hate to do this at the last minute but my wife would really like to ride on the back of my bike on this run because it will be a mild pace and there will be so many bikes. Therefore i wont be caging it. I hope this doesn't inconvenience anyone.

GuitarX
Thu Aug 18th, 2011, 07:33 AM
I'm gonna try and make it on time for this, I'd love to donate a little cash to the family, and honor a fallen rider. Looks like a good group too, should mean a lot to his daughter. :hibye: I'm really looking forward to this!

Thanks man...much appreciated. I think this will be a really fun day.

Stopping g at the crash site... Might be a huge cluster fuck. As, stated the leaders and sweepers will know whTs up Saturday morning. See y guys there at a quarter to 8.

No worries, stopping at the site has already been nixed. We'll ride straight to Deckers from Moco and stop there (at Deckers) to refresh before heading to The Walnut Room.

Snowman
Thu Aug 18th, 2011, 07:49 AM
When we did this for Jessica, we had a one of the lead riders pull over at the spot and the rest slowly passed....

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Aug 18th, 2011, 08:05 AM
When we did this for Jessica, we had a one of the lead riders pull over at the spot and the rest slowly passed....

I like this

GuitarX
Thu Aug 18th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Not a bad idea. I can run with the lead pack, get in front when we we're heading up the hill outside of Buffalo Creek and then pull over while all the other groups go by. We can make that decision Saturday am.

Sully
Thu Aug 18th, 2011, 09:28 AM
:idea: Or maybe just lead the one group of folks that want to stop? idk
btw - are you bringing the raffle & 50/50 tickets to bike night to sell?

GuitarX
Thu Aug 18th, 2011, 10:37 AM
:idea: Or maybe just lead the one group of folks that want to stop? idk
btw - are you bringing the raffle & 50/50 tickets to bike night to sell?

True, we can discuss on Saturday. Yes, I'll DEFINITELY be bringing the 50/50 raffle and door prize tickets. I sold some at the BBQ but we need to sell a lot more to help the cause! :-)

Concabar
Thu Aug 18th, 2011, 10:40 AM
True, we can discuss on Saturday. Yes, I'll DEFINITELY be bringing the 50/50 raffle and door prize tickets. I sold some at the BBQ but we need to sell a lot more to help the cause! :-)

Please do, I didn't make it to the picnic, so I was unable to purchase any. Thanks Gary

Slo
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 11:13 AM
So good news and bad news.... Talked to GForce on Colfax yesterday, unfortunately they don't have anything they can give in their budget.....it happens.

However, just got off the phone with Shannon (my parts person for years) @ Colorado Powersports (thornton) and they will take a look around and I will go by there in the morning (Saturday) to pick up what they are able to donate.

Sean
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 11:24 AM
However, just got off the phone with Shannon (my parts person for years) @ Colorado Powersports (thornton) and they will take a look around and I will go by there in the morning (Saturday) to pick up what they are able to donate.Jay, I'm right by that CoPow and could pick something up if they had it ready today. If they are able to find anything, that would save you a trip up here.

Slo
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Jay, I'm right by that CoPow and could pick something up if they had it ready today. If they are able to find anything, that would save you a trip up here.

Much appreciated Sean, but I was going to talk with a couple of people I know there anyway. Thanks again though....

Sean
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Cool. If something changes drop me a line.

UglyDogRacing
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 11:44 AM
So good news and bad news.... Talked to GForce on Colfax yesterday, unfortunately they don't have anything they can give in their budget.....it happens.

I already talked to G-Force two weeks ago.

TorchRedCorvette
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Here's my quandary:

I really wanted to go on this ride to add my support... BUT:

My daughters were gone all summer with my ex to see his family... they are finally back and it looks like I will have them all weekend. If only one of them comes, I can still attend and we will ride 2-up (they have ridden with me before). If they are both here, I will probably have to nix the plan (unless a trustworthy, experienced rider wants to take one...?). I won't know for sure until this afternoon/evening when they get out of school and decide what their weekend plans are. So, I apologize for the ambiguity; I'll just say that I will be there if I can. :dunno:

Sully
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Show up if you can.. if not, drive and come to The Walnut Room after the ride with the girls :)

GuitarX
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Hey Mel,

If you end up not doing the ride part of this, your girls are more than welcome at the Walnut Room for yummy pizza, live music, and general hanging out.

If you need a second bike for a 2-up ride, I'd be happy to bring the VFR instead and help you out. I love riding 2-up and am very careful (no messing around with someone else on the back).

Sully
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 02:56 PM
ha.. I know this dude who wants a ride, Gary!

Trainwreck
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 03:03 PM
^^^^lololol

TorchRedCorvette
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Sully, that might work... :)

Gary: PM incoming.

GuitarX
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 03:13 PM
ha.. I know this dude who wants a ride, Gary!

I said I like to ride 2-up...NOT mandem. :slap:

Sully
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 03:39 PM
:lol:.. you didn't specify!! hahahaah... :slappers:

Mother Goose
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Nut to butt. :no:

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 07:56 PM
anyone tell me how loud the Walnut room gets? Wife was half thinking about meeting down there for lunch but is afraid it might be too loud for jr.

i.e. the band cranked up where you can't talk to the person next to you

thankgod
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Will we be riding in the rain tomorrow? I'm curious cause the forecast calls for it.:puppy: I just installed wipers on my helmet so we should be good:eyebrows:

thankgod
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 09:51 PM
By the by, I was laid off today so my donation is not going to be as good as I wanted it to be :down:

WolFeYeZ
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Will we be riding in the rain tomorrow? I'm curious cause the forecast calls for it.:puppy: I just installed wipers on my helmet so we should be good:eyebrows:

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/USCO0277?begHour=6&begDay=232#hhView

Looks like the morning should be very nice as usual.

Clovis
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 09:59 PM
It never rains in the morning, always the afternoon :) Sorry to hear about the unfortunate news.

PunyJuney
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Can anyone that is caging it to the nut bring and easy up or two? I have a truck full of donated stuff and I would hate for it to sit out in the rain.

thankgod
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Fuck it CLovis getting laid off is like falling off a bike...you get right back on that bitch!

UglyDogRacing
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Can anyone that is caging it to the nut bring and easy up or two? I have a truck full of donated stuff and I would hate for it to sit out in the rain.

why dont you put everything inside?

GuitarX
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 11:55 PM
anyone tell me how loud the Walnut room gets? Wife was half thinking about meeting down there for lunch but is afraid it might be too loud for jr.

i.e. the band cranked up where you can't talk to the person next to you

Not to worry, there's another side where the bar is and you can't hear the band in there (two separate rooms). Also, there is lots of room outside and even some seating out in front of the place. You won't have any issues with noise.

GuitarX
Fri Aug 19th, 2011, 11:57 PM

Sorry June, I forgot to tell you that we should probably set up inside the main room. That will keep all the goodies and papers safe and sound.

TinkerinWstuff
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 03:43 AM
http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/USCO0277?begHour=6&begDay=232#hhView

Looks like the morning should be very nice as usual.

Mostly sunny with a good chance of meatballs

Trainwreck
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 07:30 AM
off i go!

TinkerinWstuff
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 11:26 AM
off i go!

Yep :nod:

Clovis
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 12:43 PM
If you're not here at the boom boom room (aka the walnut room) you're missing out on a fun CSC party!

Trainwreck
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Annnnnnnd...down i went! lol. Sorry i crashed everyone, i really wanted to be there, but some gravel and a bad line choice sealed the deal for me. I made it home, got a ride for myself and the bike from a spectacular person named Terry, he helps get bikes and riders home the crash on that streach from pine junction to deckers.

Once again, so very sorry to wreck on a day like this and what the ride was about. :(

grim
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Annnnnnnd...down i went! lol. Sorry i crashed everyone, i really wanted to be there, but some gravel and a bad line choice sealed the deal for me. I made it home, got a ride for myself and the bike from a spectacular person named Terry, he helps get bikes and riders home the crash on that streach from pine junction to deckers.

Once again, so very sorry to wreck on a day like this and what the ride was about. :(

It's all good man just good to see you were Ok when we got to deckers!

Matty
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Glad you're alright....

Please everyone refrain from flaming. Shit happens.

Slo
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 01:25 PM
And for those that aren't busy, we will still be here for a while so come on by.

Wrider
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Sorry to hear that bud, you alright? Bike?

Everyone else: have fun at the Walnut Room!

Snowman
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Still time to come out... good rock, good pizza and mtorcycles... what more do you need, door prizes? Okthey have that too

Clovis
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Glad you're okay!

Trainwreck
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Sorry to hear that bud, you alright? Bike?

Everyone else: have fun at the Walnut Room!

I'm brused up a some skinning on my left knee...but i'll be just fine. Bike on the other hand, not so much. front, lift side and tail plastics are toast, and some random other shit. I'll see what state farm has to say next week.

Thanks for asking!

Clovis
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Could have been worse. Don't feel too bad, everyone crashes eventually.

thankgod
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Great day today! Trainwreck, its fucking awesome that you're ok.

grim
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Had a good time today meeting some great people. was very surprised how well i could maneuver the bike with 2 up that was only my second time in the canyons with the wife on the back.

I recorded the whole ride and am in the process of making a video i will post up when done!

ChrisCBX
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 03:33 PM

I'm glad you're OK. Hopefully your bike is repairable and back on the road soon.

Trainwreck
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Great day today! Trainwreck, its fucking awesome that you're ok.

Thanks dude. And thank you for that water too! My head was swimming and was not thinking clearly. Good looking out bro! Nice bike BTW.

GuitarX
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 07:00 PM

We're just glad you're okay, the bike will get fixed or replaced. Thank you so much for coming out today, I'm sorry it ended up the way it did but I'm glad we were able to meet.

madvlad
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 07:14 PM
How was the event besides trainwreck's crash?... Glad you are okay btw bro. Shit happens, we all go through it but you rode to support regardless of the mechanical issues and all. Kudos!

MilkMan
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 07:40 PM
The event was great by my accounts. Great ride with a bunch of cool guys and gals, and a great event @ the Walnut Room! Gary, you sir are the man. Everything you put together today for Dave's family is hands down amazing. I'm a fairly new member here and the support and comradery that all you guys have for each other is a very cool thing to see these days. Was great to put a lot of faces to names as well today. Thanks for having an awesome event again! I'm sure Dave's family will always remember this day!
-Mick-

grim
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 07:44 PM
The event was great by my accounts. Great ride with a bunch of cool guys and gals, and a great event @ the Walnut Room! Gary, you sir are the man. Everything you put together today for Dave's family is hands down amazing. I'm a fairly new member here and the support and comradery that all you guys have for each other is a very cool thing to see these days. Was great to put a lot of faces to names as well today. Thanks for having an awesome event again! I'm sure Dave's family will always remember this day!
-Mick-

are you the one on the yellow gixer that was behind me and my wife on my zx6r?

Concabar
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 08:48 PM
I was trying to post the pictures I took today, but for some reason it will not allow me. So once I get done with the video I will post it.

GuitarX
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 08:54 PM
-Mick-

Thanks Mick, that's very kind of you to say. I'm so glad you came out and enjoyed it!

Cap'n Crunch
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Glad your ok Trainwreck. Watching you go down made me wince, but your a pretty tough dude to shake off a crash like that.

+1 to what MilkMan said - Gary you are the man!!! Thanks for the great time!
Thank you to the bands for the great music and thank you to Abate for the support and thank you all the people and shops for the awesome donations.

grim
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 09:34 PM
does anyone have a picture of Dave that they can send me so I can use it in my video please?

Trainwreck
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Glad your ok Trainwreck. Watching you go down made me wince, but your a pretty tough dude to shake off a crash like that.

You were sweeping our group, Right? i can't remember how many were behind me. I know at least 2-3 people. my friend(Justin, directly behind me) said it was crazy, and i hoped it was on my GoPro i put on his bike. But it quit filming before the crash.

Anyways....i had a blast on the ride and glad everyone else made it safely to the walnut room! i wish i could have been there to the end and meet Dave's family and offer my respects to them.

Matty
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 09:38 PM
does anyone have a picture of Dave that they can send me so I can use it in my video please?

hit up CycleMonkey (Frank).

grim
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 09:39 PM
hit up CycleMonkey (Frank).

he's never on here anymore anyone have his cell?

cbrjohnny
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 09:50 PM
glad you made it home safe and sound, train... get your bike back up and running soon!

Sully
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Hey Johnny.. would you mind sending me one of those fab pics you took of the three of us?

grim
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 10:34 PM
hey everyone here is the video i made for the memorial ride
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x99uRXKbR4o

Wrider
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Hey Trainwreck, was your wife on the back? Is she ok as well?
Glad to hear there's nothing too wrong with ya. Hopefully the bike can be fixed!

Clovis
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Great video!

asp_125
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 10:50 PM
+1 .. great video.

rfranks303
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Very nice grim

thankgod
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Kudos Grim!:eyebrows:

Clovis
Sat Aug 20th, 2011, 11:31 PM
Who would have thought the grim reaper of death would be THE MAN. I love his videos. They're so basic, yet so eloquent.

Dude, next summer I'm going to rock out 4 go pros (front, rear and two sides).

We'll combine your shots, my shots, our mad editing skills and make the magic happen!

MilkMan
Sun Aug 21st, 2011, 12:11 AM
Sorry June, I forgot to tell you that we should probably set up inside the main room. That will keep all the goodies and papers safe and sound.

are you the one on the yellow gixer that was behind me and my wife on my zx6r?

Yep that was me on the loud as fuck gixxer lol! Hope I didn't get in your way to much!
-Mick-

GuitarX
Sun Aug 21st, 2011, 07:32 AM

Grim, I have a bunch of pics on my FB page. Are you on FB?

EDIT: Just watched the video - great job. I sent the link to Alyssa as well so she could see it. Thanks man...

TinkerinWstuff
Sun Aug 21st, 2011, 09:47 AM
Pre-ride pics

http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac47/tinkerinWstuff/Misc/DaveCampMemorial/DSC_0005.jpg
http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac47/tinkerinWstuff/Misc/DaveCampMemorial/DSC_0002.jpg
http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac47/tinkerinWstuff/Misc/DaveCampMemorial/DSC_0008.jpg
http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac47/tinkerinWstuff/Misc/DaveCampMemorial/DSC_0010.jpg

Sean
Sun Aug 21st, 2011, 05:24 PM
Had a great time! (even if i was the sweeper for the group :turtle: ) Didn't take too many pics, but here's a few. I do have some vid of the ride, I'll try and put it together tonight.

Dave (OUTLAWD) actually brought donuts to the ThoCo meet-up. If you don't know Dave, he's a hell of a guy. Seriously. Thanks Dave, you made our morning better! :rock:
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j254/mr7string/IMG_0016.jpg

If this isn't cliche, I don't know what is?
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j254/mr7string/IMG_0017.jpg

Meet-up in ThoCo. Solid turnout from NCM.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j254/mr7string/IMG_0018.jpg

On the way to MoCo!
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j254/mr7string/IMG_0022.jpg

CSC representing.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j254/mr7string/IMG_0027.jpg

(Most of the other pics are of riding and I'll put them with the video. Didn't get any at the Walnut room :( )

Concabar
Sun Aug 21st, 2011, 05:42 PM
Nice video Grim. Great pictures all.

Matty
Sun Aug 21st, 2011, 07:20 PM
Nice video Grim. Great pictures all.

where's your video?!?!?

BC14
Sun Aug 21st, 2011, 07:47 PM
@Sean, Yeah that was a cliche pic, but they were good donuts. Props to Dave for hooking us up :up:

TinkerinWstuff
Sun Aug 21st, 2011, 07:50 PM
yea - thanks again for breakfast Dave.

Richie-Rich
Sun Aug 21st, 2011, 09:54 PM
Nice vid and picks awesome turn out was a fun ride!

Sean
Mon Aug 22nd, 2011, 07:15 AM
@Sean, Yeah that was a cliche pic, but they were good donuts. Props to Dave for hooking us up :up:Hell yeah they were good! But I am still a little sad that you got the one with sprinkles. :puppy:

BC14
Mon Aug 22nd, 2011, 11:35 AM
Hell yeah they were good! But I am still a little sad that you got the one with sprinkles. :puppy:
:lol: It was the first one in the stack. Gotta be faster next time :p

OUTLAWD
Mon Aug 22nd, 2011, 03:09 PM
Props to Dave for hooking us up

don't get used to it...the donuts allowed me to meet my one kind act for the riding season quota...only trolling/hating from here on out

ChrisCBX
Mon Aug 22nd, 2011, 03:14 PM
don't get used to it...the donuts allowed me to meet my one kind act for the riding season quota...only trolling/hating from here on out

:lol::lol::lol:

I gotta ad my thanks for the LaMars donuts. Thanks Dave.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Aug 22nd, 2011, 03:27 PM
there wasn't room on that grocery-getter to haul us some hot coffee too?

BC14
Mon Aug 22nd, 2011, 03:29 PM
http://www.bluevsblue.com/storage/HatersBall.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=12701194 03303

OUTLAWD
Mon Aug 22nd, 2011, 03:52 PM
there wasn't room on that grocery-getter to haul us some hot coffee too?

I don't drink coffee...so no

Cap'n Crunch
Mon Aug 22nd, 2011, 09:43 PM
hey everyone here is the video i made for the memorial ride
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x99uRXKbR4o

Great video there grim...

grim
Mon Aug 22nd, 2011, 09:45 PM
Great video there grim...

thank you.....and thank you to everyone who enjoyed watching it!

Cap'n Crunch
Mon Aug 22nd, 2011, 09:49 PM
You were sweeping our group, Right? i can't remember how many were behind me. I know at least 2-3 people. my friend(Justin, directly behind me) said it was crazy, and i hoped it was on my GoPro i put on his bike. But it quit filming before the crash.

Yep I was in the same group and I was the third guy behind you. I didn't see how the crash started, but as the other riders came thru the turn I got a clear view of you going down. Man, you went down hard so I'm glad your ok. Bummer about your bike - that was a nice ZX-10. Hope you get her fixed up soon and get back out in the canyons.

0N1X
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 01:04 PM
Really sorry I missed this...things I couldn't get away from last weekend. Glad it went *mostly* well and people had fun.

GuitarX
Tue Aug 23rd, 2011, 01:19 PM
Really sorry I missed this...things I couldn't get away from last weekend. Glad it went *mostly* well and people had fun.

Thanks so much, the day was really great and Dave's family was so touched by everything.

RajunCajun
Mon Aug 27th, 2012, 09:12 AM
I wish I would've know about this. Like others said, I'm glad it turned out mostly well.

Mother Goose
Mon Aug 27th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Uhhhh, this was a year ago... :think:

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Aug 27th, 2012, 09:19 AM
I wish I would've know about this. Like others said, I'm glad it turned out mostly well.

You did notice this was a year ago 8/20 right?

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Aug 27th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Damn ninja poster

madvlad
Mon Aug 27th, 2012, 09:24 AM
This holy thread revival batman moment brought to you by... cajoon!

RajunCajun
Mon Aug 27th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Oh dam, I didn't notice, wow. That's what I get for doing ANYTHING before drinking coffee. Oh well, screw you guys, still sorry I missed it.