PDA

View Full Version : IMI Saturday?

namoom
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Just moved back to CO and got a house less than a mile away, anyone else want to hit IMI on Saturday?

brennahm
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Just FYI, there will likely be a large amount of supermotos there as we have a race on Sunday.

namoom
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 10:33 AM
does this mean that superbikes are in the way? I believe the moto is a different riding style

brennahm
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Just saying expect to get passed a lot. If you don't mind, then have at it. If you're looking for an empty track, try another weekend.

OUTLAWD
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Just saying expect to get passed often and closely. If you don't mind, then have at it. If you're looking for an empty track, try another weekday.

fixed ;)

duelist13
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Just saying expect to get passed a lot. If you don't mind, then have at it. If you're looking for an empty track, try another weekend.

Most of the sumos are doing 1:00-1:05, don't think you're going to have a problem on a sportbike ;).

brennahm
Wed Jul 13th, 2011, 08:04 AM
^???

dragos13
Wed Jul 13th, 2011, 08:23 AM
^???

What pace are the supermoto's doing these days?

Zach929rr
Wed Jul 13th, 2011, 08:30 AM
don't think you're going to have a problem on a sportbike ;).

lolok

vort3xr6
Wed Jul 13th, 2011, 08:54 AM
What pace are the supermoto's doing these days?

Sumo's are doing sub 1:05's.

I would be amazed if a sport bike could run those times there though.

dragos13
Wed Jul 13th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Sumo's are doing sub 1:05's.

I would be amazed if a sport bike could run those times there though.

I've turned 0:59's on my F3 before :)

brennahm
Wed Jul 13th, 2011, 09:00 AM
I've never seen anyone out there with a lap timer save for one slow guy.

Unless you're a damn fast expert in MRA, you will not be fast guy. And if you don't like getting passed closely, steer clear.

vort3xr6
Wed Jul 13th, 2011, 09:04 AM
I've turned 0:59's on my F3 before :)

But you are casey dragos. We are talking about mere mortals here. :)

Vellos
Wed Jul 13th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Most sportbikes I've seen there run 1:10ish.

dragos13
Wed Jul 13th, 2011, 09:08 AM
But you are casey dragos. We are talking about mere mortals here. :)

Haha

Ara and I spent many days there when we first starting racing. We always managed to push each other further and further. If one of us got a better time, the next guy would either beat that time or crash trying.

For the OP, the supermoto guys are good to race with. While they may pass close, they hold a solid line. Any track time is good track time if you ask me!

OUTLAWD
Wed Jul 13th, 2011, 09:32 AM
I got down to 1:03-1:04's on my gixxer when I was ridng there alot. and the sumo guys would blow by me in the tighter stuff. Slo broke a minute I think on his gixxer.

on the ninja on stock tires, with the suspension bottomed and hard parts dragging I ran 1:12's lol

the sumo guys are good to ride with for sure, but the first time they back it in going around you it can be a surprise

Slo
Wed Jul 13th, 2011, 12:16 PM
I got down to 1:03-1:04's on my gixxer when I was ridng there alot. and the sumo guys would blow by me in the tighter stuff. Slo broke a minute I think on his gixxer.

I don't think I ever broke 1:00 flat. But I would run 1:01 on a happy day, and 1:00 on a not so happy day.

Cornfed
Wed Jul 13th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Any track time is good track time if you ask me!

+1000

Slo
Wed Jul 13th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Casey....

An old pic of casey and ara.... and bug hunter on the green bike.

And of course, a couple of us at IMI ordered pizza!!!! Laziness ....

duelist13
Wed Jul 13th, 2011, 12:46 PM
I've never seen anyone out there with a lap timer save for one slow guy.
Make that two slow guys then, I don't see anything wrong with checking your times at the beginning and end of the day.

lolok
I am injured, a little scared, and slow as shit... but no way I'm holding up all but the fastest sumo riders at IMI. And Bueller :wtf:.

Any track time is good track time if you ask me!
Yes :).

brennahm
Wed Jul 13th, 2011, 01:35 PM
My point was only that VERY few people know their actual lap times...

I wasn't saying don't go because you'll hold someone up (unless you're the idiot that can't hold a line or is constantly checking their 6), I was saying be prepared for a large pack of sumos running different times than you.

dragos13
Wed Jul 13th, 2011, 01:49 PM
My point was only that VERY few people know their actual lap times...

I wasn't saying don't go because you'll hold someone up (unless you're the idiot that can't hold a line or is constantly checking their 6), I was saying be prepared for a large pack of sumos running different times than you.

Definitely don't be this guy. Nothing pisses off fast riders more than the guy who keeps looking back and trying to stay out of the way.

Just ride a solid line and I'm sure you'll have a great learning experience :)