PDA

View Full Version : Yet another one of grims early runs 7/16/11 (except longer this time)

grim
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 11:48 AM
I know there are alot of Rides being setup this weekend preferably Saturday cause its the only day it doesnt plan to rain....However there aren't any runs going the direction i want to go this saturday so here is mine

Meet at Moco 5:30am KSU 6am WERE GOING TO WINTER PARK!!!

Planning on just taking 70 (yes the boring way) to 40 to winter park were we will break for 20 or so..

40 to 34 going to estes (because i didnt get to go to estes on the run vellos setup) take another break

not sure yet if i want to take 7 to lyons or 36 but we will see time permitting as well as how anyone riding along feels. once we hit lyons we can grab some breakfast/lunch or something.

from lyons that's it im gonna hit 25 and go back to englewood.

same guidlines as everyone else

helmet
gloves
jeans or riding pants
boots
jacket

Ive been through winter park before and i know the turns can be a wee bit hairy also there is a chance of mild rain in winter park. I plan on not hauling too much ass for this run If i havent ridden with you before i prefer you sit this one out unless someone i have ridden with can highly vouch for you. Not to be a dick but last weekend def gave me a scare and i dont want a repeat!

anyone who was on the run that vellos setup where ranger went down is welcome. and anyone who was on swift's run where darth went down is welcome. NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO GO DOWN ON THIS RUN!!!!!!

thats all i got ill do this solo regardless but company is always nice.

Zach929rr
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Trail ridge is $10 a head FYI.

grim
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Trail ridge is $10 a head FYI.

thanks for the heads up

Vellos
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 11:57 AM
$10 to go through Trail Ridge. And if you want private rides you should get people's phone numbers and text them, not say people aren't allowed to come.

WolFeYeZ
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 12:01 PM
anyone who was on the run that vellos setup where ranger went down is welcome. and anyone who was on swift's run where darth went down is welcome. NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO GO DOWN ON THIS RUN!!!!!!

So, ranger is invited? o.O

Sully
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Don't speed through Winter Park... they will seriously throw your ass in jail!

grim
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 12:09 PM
$10 to go through Trail Ridge. And if you want private rides you should get people's phone numbers and text them, not say people aren't allowed to come.

thanks zach told me as well, Take it with a grain of salt i didnt say it was a private ride i said "If i havent ridden with you before i prefer you sit this one out unless someone i have ridden with can highly vouch for you."

grim
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Don't speed through Winter Park... they will seriously throw your ass in jail!

wasnt planning on it i know they will because its tempting to do so once you get just north of winter park its a straight road perfect for easily getting in the triple digits!!!

Vellos
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 12:27 PM
I see where this thread is going.

http://route6walk.com/PastArticles/articleimages/081204PHOTOS/0127.jpg

grim
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 12:28 PM
I see where this thread is going.

http://route6walk.com/PastArticles/articleimages/081204PHOTOS/0127.jpg

only if you start it that way slick

MilkMan
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Damn looks like a fun route but 5:30 is too early to deliver the 2%!! Aboutthe earliest I ever get up is 9 lol! If I can drag my ass outa bed after Friday nights festivities I'll try to make it! But doubtful at the moment.
-Mick-

cbrjohnny
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 06:03 PM
west side of berthoud pass is in pretty rough shape beware of large potholes and cracked seams! east side is great!

Cops like to patrol between empire and Berthoud falls,after that your good until mary jane entrance after that better be like a robot on the speed limit all the way past grand lake.

grim
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 06:24 PM
west side of berthoud pass is in pretty rough shape beware of large potholes and cracked seams! east side is great!

Cops like to patrol between empire and Berthoud falls,after that your good until mary jane entrance after that better be like a robot on the speed limit all the way past grand lake.

thanks for the advice....I appreciate everything you guys are throwing at me it's useful info to keep the ride fun and safe.

madvlad
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 06:30 PM
I think I may join you for this. They wanted me to work this Saturday too but they can suck it, I wanna ride! So I'm in for right now and will let you know if anything changes

grim
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 06:47 PM
I think I may join you for this. They wanted me to work this Saturday too but they can suck it, I wanna ride! So I'm in for right now and will let you know if anything changes

be glad to have you buddy

WolFeYeZ
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Still doing the route that is going to cost 10 buck? =/

grim
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Still doing the route that is going to cost 10 buck? =/

that is correct sir if that is an issue I'll spot you

WolFeYeZ
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 06:57 PM
that is correct sir if that is an issue I'll spot you

Its all good man, I wont be able to wake up for it anyway. Got a busy night planned for Friday night. Even without that my body refused to wake up for the last one :P

grim
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Its all good man, I wont be able to wake up for it anyway. Got a busy night planned for Friday night. Even without that my body refused to wake up for the last one :P

i thought that was an alarm malfunction are you saying that yet again the old folks are gonna show up the whipper snappers?

WolFeYeZ
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 07:15 PM
i thought that was an alarm malfunction are you saying that yet again the old folks are gonna show up the whipper snappers?

Actually, it happened to be that the alarm failed to wake me up. lol. I woke up at least 2 hours into it going off :P

Zach929rr
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 07:25 PM

For the record, I am 24.

grim
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 07:26 PM
For the record, I am 24.

and wolfeyez isn't old enough to drink therefore your ancient

Zach929rr
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 07:27 PM
and wolfeyez isn't old enough to drink therefore your ancient

Oh lordy. Virgin blood!

grim
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Oh lordy. Virgin blood!

speaking of when do you turn 21 wolfeyez?

Blue
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 07:36 PM
He's already 21 grim :P

Blue
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 07:38 PM
i.e he has joined the "ancients"

AOK303
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 07:45 PM
just cause you buy a fake doesn't mean your 21

haha Jm

WolFeYeZ
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 07:45 PM
i.e he has joined the "ancients"

glare :bat:

grim
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 08:05 PM
glare :bat:

well WTF then get your ass up and come riding man!

madvlad
Tue Jul 12th, 2011, 08:14 PM
$10 a person? Wtf for? They better give me a snack at least for that lol

grim
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Humpty dumpty bump

im giving this ride the thumbs up

if you dont come

then your no fun

and you can go suck a fuck

madvlad
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Still in for this, I need a long bike ride after a week of nothing thanks to this bs rain

Vellos
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 03:29 PM
If either of you want to pick up my Trail Ridge pass from Boulder send me a PM. It's good until Sunday.

Humpty dumpty bump

im giving this ride the thumbs up

if you dont come

then your no fun

and you can go suck a fuck

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10959/wolverine_facepalm.gif

madvlad
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 07:12 PM
If either of you want to pick up my Trail Ridge pass from Boulder send me a PM. It's good until Sunday.

I might get it from you after work tomorrow if you don't mind.... and hey Grim-o you think we'll make it back in town before 4 pm?

grim
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 07:17 PM
I might get it from you after work tomorrow if you don't mind.... and hey Grim-o you think we'll make it back in town before 4 pm?

hahaha dude the run is gonna take 4 hours we will be back in town by 10 or 11 if it took long enough to be back in town by 4 my wife would be pissed.

grim
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 07:18 PM

dude I'm white what do you expect?

madvlad
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 07:29 PM
hahaha dude the run is gonna take 4 hours we will be back in town by 10 or 11 if it took long enough to be back in town by 4 my wife would be pissed.

Lol just checking bro. Can't wait to go ride, should be a good and dry day.

grim
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Lol just checking bro. Can't wait to go ride, should be a good and dry day.

weather is looking good

brennahm
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 08:29 PM
FYI, concert/music festival in WP this weekend. Shouldn't really be a problem...but FYI.

grim
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 09:54 PM
FYI, concert/music festival in WP this weekend. Shouldn't really be a problem...but FYI.

thanks for the heads up we should be in winter park by at least 7 so I think we should be in the clear

Corporate MacGyver
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 12:51 PM
I'd like to go... Love to ride at 5:30am ... but I'm a bit offended by the exclusivity of... If I don't know you.. you ain't shit and not welcome attitude... I have over 100,000 miles on sportbikes, have my WERA license and was trained by Keith Code and Nick Ienatsch ...

but I guess that doesn't matter...

Zach929rr
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 12:54 PM
I'd like to go... Love to ride at 5:30am ... but I'm a bit offended by the exclusivity of... If I don't know you.. you ain't shit and not welcome attitude... I have over 100,000 miles on sportbikes, have my WERA license and was trained by Keith Code and Nick Ienatsch ...

You are welcome to ride with me. I was thinking of heading out of MoCo ~5am and heading south for an hour or 2 of riding, but would rather not do it solo.

Vellos
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 12:56 PM
I have over 100,000 miles on sportbikes, have my WERA license and was trained by Keith Code and Nick Ienatsch ...

http://www.matichon.co.th/online/2010/09/12848737911284874350l.jpg

Corporate MacGyver
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Zack ... That will work for me... PM me.. and i'll send cell # and etc...

madvlad
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Well with all due respect sir if you know how to ride then why are you offended? The message went out to people that have insane egos and can't handle their own. Based on what you said it seems like you can so what is the big deal? I have a little over 60k under my belt and doesn't make an expert

brennahm
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Oh YEAH?!?! WELL I HAVE 1,000,000 MILES!

MacGyver, don't worry about it. The board is plagued by people this year who will save all sportbikers from the epidemic of douchebaggery and unsafe practices that have been a problem...forever.

There are plenty here who know how to distinguish a private ride from a public one. These rides are not the norm.

Corporate MacGyver
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Well with all due respect sir if you know how to ride then why are you offended?

Well... simply... it doesn't matter if I can ride or not... I can't go... cuz I don't have the required credentials from the Grimmy.

The message went out to people that have insane egos and can't handle their own.

This message went out to everyone. Not just people who have insane egos... or was that a box I didn't see when I signed up ...

Based on what you said it seems like you can so what is the big deal?

I thought this was a friendly group where we all watch, teach and mentor riders of all levels... Not some elitist ranked group.

Anyway... I hope they have a very successful ride without incident.

Corporate MacGyver
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Oh YEAH?!?! WELL I HAVE 1,000,000 MILES!

MacGyver, don't worry about it. The board is plagued by people this year who will save all sportbikers from the epidemic of douchebaggery and unsafe practices that have been a problem...forever.

There are plenty here who know how to distinguish a private ride from a public one. These rides are not the norm.

It just hit me as some sort of Elitist attitude. Most of us play pretty hard on bikes and we take personal and legal risks when we ride. It's not like we are all being gridded on a track and going handlebar to handlebar in corners at 100+ mph.

Anyway... my rage has subsided... and as I said in my last post... I hope they have a great ride.

Vellos
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Clearly you're too awesome to be riding with them anyway. :roll:

Zach929rr
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 02:05 PM
http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/094/331/original/YallN1ggazPostinInATrollThread.jpg?1295566234

grim
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 02:07 PM

Well im offended that your offended! It wasnt a matter of How much experience you have...It was a matter of me being comfortable with whom is riding with me.

Because this is a pretty long run i would prefer to ride with people that i know what there riding style is.

Last weekend i rode with two people that i was not familiar with and one of them went down right in front of me. Also i said if someone in this forum that i have ridden with can vouch for your riding style then that is fine.

Also

Quote:
Based on what you said it seems like you can so what is the big deal?
I thought this was a friendly group where we all watch, teach and mentor riders of all levels... Not some elitist ranked group.

Its nobody's job to teach you how to ride unless you ask for help. My thread doesn't say "hey come learn how to ride with grim" so your kind of missing the point of my statement.

grim
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 02:08 PM
You are welcome to ride with me. I was thinking of heading out of MoCo ~5am and heading south for an hour or 2 of riding, but would rather not do it solo.

what you dont want to go north? i see how it is!

grim
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Clearly you're too awesome to be riding with them anyway. :roll:

You called it...YUP it went in that direction!

Zach929rr
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 02:09 PM
what you dont want to go north? i see how it is!

Because I don't have 4 hours to burn and promised the lady I would handle the kiddo when he awoke so she could get her beauty sleep. 8)

Vellos
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 02:10 PM
http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/094/331/original/YallN1ggazPostinInATrollThread.jpg?1295566234

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff224/leelee1366/873466472.gif

grim
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Because I don't have 4 hours to burn and promised the lady I would handle the kiddo when he awoke so she could get her beauty sleep. 8)

Annnnd that sucks!

Corporate MacGyver
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Grim ...

Have a great ride...

Bob

grim
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Grim ...

Have a great ride...

Bob

Hey thanks BOB and if you want to join your more than welcome to!!!!

Mother Goose
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 02:18 PM
And THIS is why I use PM to get a ride together.

Ghost
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 02:21 PM

This seems more like using PMS...

Mother Goose
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 02:22 PM
I was off the rag last week!

Speaking of rags, PM me your number. I'll be in Parker this weekend, so I may be able to swing by and pick up that tire from you.

Ghost
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 02:24 PM
I was off the rag last week!

Speaking of rags, PM me your number. I'll be in Parker this weekend, so I may be able to swing by and pick up that tire from you.

Sent ;)

madvlad
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Wow, that is all. I really cannot believe people got so much sand in their vaginas lately... with as many riding miles as you have I expected more maturity from you kind sir. Instead of making assumptions about how elitist we supposedly are according to you, come out and ride instead of doing this.

grim
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 02:42 PM

Noted and remembered

Zach929rr
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Everybody on this board is a bunch of faggots.

Mother Goose
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 02:49 PM
http://youtu.be/Y-Elr5K2Vuo

Vellos
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 02:51 PM
http://youtu.be/Y-Elr5K2Vuo

Okay grandpa.

Mother Goose
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Okay grandpa.
Just because you grew up on Power Rangers, doesn't mean you have to pick on the old folk! ;)

grim
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 02:58 PM

That would include you Zach

Vellos
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 03:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEkWH8DB7b0

You know who you are.

grim
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 03:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEkWH8DB7b0

You know who you are.

LMAO FTW nicely done vellos

Mother Goose
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Are you old enough to know that movie? :think:

madvlad
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 03:37 PM
And back into topic I won't be able to make it tomorrow. Gotta stay at work till at least 10 pm and work all day tomorrow thanks to my coworker letting me know he took the day off last minute... What a great way to start my fucking weekend

grim
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 03:49 PM
And back into topic I won't be able to make it tomorrow. Gotta stay at work till at least 10 pm and work all day tomorrow thanks to my coworker letting me know he took the day off last minute... What a great way to start my fucking weekend

ah that sucks dude well maybe next wknd!

madvlad
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 04:00 PM
I work every other saturday and this one was supposed to be my one off but I guess not

grim
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 11:17 AM
you missed an epic ride man ill post pics and have a video later

grim
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 12:18 PM
pics of this mornings ride

madvlad
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Sweet pics bro. Im so mad I missed that ride

mastap07
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Sweet pics bro. Im so mad I missed that ride

take some midol and get over it! makes you think twice about callin off next time dont it lol :D

madvlad
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Midol doesn't work though lol... well its extra money so can't complaint on that end. 10 hours and 4 more to go lol

grim
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 08:24 PM
heres a mild video of my run today im gonna make another video with a mixture of all the different angles im still playin around with editing videos and what not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiIZVYhm_9E

Freelancz
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 08:28 PM
video not working

grim
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 08:41 PM
video not working

yea I think YouTube is verifying the song i used in it so it'll prob be up in a few

grim
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 08:51 PM
ok it's working now if your trying to view it from your iPhone or iPad it wot work because of the music licensing that YouTube has I guess ipad or iPhone can't view those videos

Vellos
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Finklestein is highly anticipating this video.

rfranks303
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Did everyone move and not tell me. You guys are dicks. Vid says not avail in this country.

grim
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Did everyone move and not tell me. You guys are dicks. Vid says not avail in this country.

Whaaaa that's fuckin dumb

grim
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 09:27 PM
I have to fucking dispute it YouTube is acting as though i stole the song that was used so they made it so nobody but me can watch it

grim
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 08:33 AM
ok its working now youtube released it i promise it will play this time no matter what country your in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiIZVYhm_9E

mastap07
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 09:01 AM
nice footage grim! ill have to hit this road up with you and midol boy damir sometime fo sho! :D

rfranks303
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Not bad at all.

Vellos
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 09:05 AM
I enjoyed two-thirds of that video, the stuff going on in the middle third of the screen was kind of boring though.

grim
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 09:33 AM
I enjoyed two-thirds of that video, the stuff going on in the middle third of the screen was kind of boring though.

yea i can see how that could be perceived as boring maybe i should go on your runs vellos then I can get footage in the middle third of people crashing their bikes. :no:

Vellos
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Um not what I meant. Does your video not look like this to you? Oh at 1:15 my neck began to hurt.

mastap07
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Oh at 1:15 my neck began to hurt.

why?

Vellos
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 10:10 AM
why?

This is his camera angle on a straight road.

grim
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 10:22 AM
I see what your saying the Camera was mounted on my bike on a spot that wasn't level I'll head that advice and find a better spot to mount it

grim
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 10:23 AM
However you said it was boring not it wasn't level

Ezzzzy1
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 10:35 AM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/Ezzzzy1/Kawasaki.jpg

mastap07
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 12:41 PM
This is his camera angle on a straight road.

it coulda been windy lol i gotcha. i guess i was more focused on the ride rather than the angle of the camera mounted on the bike showing me the road that looks fun to ride :up:

Vellos
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 12:43 PM
If you like cars parked on the road in the opposite lane of travel and people going 10mph in a 35 then Trail Ridge is for you! ;)

grim
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 01:43 PM
If you like cars parked on the road in the opposite lane of travel and people going 10mph in a 35 then Trail Ridge is for you! ;)

haha yea i kind of wondered myself what if that truck was there and I came around that corner at my speed? if it didn't kill me that driver would be the one going to the hospital. when was there at about 8 it wasnt too bad there weren't a ton of people.