PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Hawk Warranty

BlueDevil
Tue May 24th, 2005, 08:54 AM
Does anyone have experience dealing with Chicken Hawk's warranty dept? Had my front Warmer short out on me at PPIR..... I sent it to them with all the requested info and havent heard from them yet.... Just thought I would see if anyone had any experience dealing with them....... They rec it on 5/20 and I requested it back by 5/31 to have in time for SCR...... I thought that was a reasonable enough time to let me know if they were going to fix it or replace it........

thanks
D

BlueDevil
Tue May 24th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Just my bad luck huh? :lol: Half the damn people in the pits are using them and mine ar ethe only faulty ones.......? haha

Hoopty
Tue May 24th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Just find someone to "trade" with in the pits. :idea: :D

BlueDevil
Tue May 24th, 2005, 03:18 PM
helluva an idea.... What do U use? :lol:

Hoopty
Tue May 24th, 2005, 05:00 PM
Tyre Sux :P

Lel
Tue May 24th, 2005, 06:17 PM
whatever you do though... just dont go bakers! i have fixed justin and greg's bakers so many times, the way they are wired they snap all the time and you have to go rejoin the wires. My chickenhawks I bought used and are working great still, sucks yours broke, hit me up at the track if your still not fixed, I might be able to find you a front to borrow.

jason

BlueDevil
Wed May 25th, 2005, 05:58 AM
Im hoping to have it back in time, but I do have one already as a back up....... A Tyre sox anyway. Im hoping they just replace it.... I sure do like me Chicken hawks :D

BlueDevil
Wed May 25th, 2005, 09:49 AM
Ok just talked to CH warranty tech. So far so good.

Appratently the front warmer blew a relay. He asked me where I was at and how long my cord was? Also what I was plugged into.... PPIR and the wall outlet was my answer.....

He replied that they reccomend to always use a generator with plenty of power. Outlets sometimes run to low of power or can surge causing relays and such to go out.... Make sense to me...Power surges can destroy my PC......only makes sense it could on my warmers as well...

Anyway, they replaced the relay and shipped it back to me in the same day. Sent it to them on the 17th, they got it, repaired it, and sent it back, on the 20th, I am to rec UPS on the 26th. Total of 9 days turn around there and back is pretty good.

Only bad thing is they got to hot and burnt 2 small holes in the shell and they didnt do anything about that. :|

Anyone use surge protectors on their warmers when using an outlet (or generator) ? Maybe I should start....

BlueDevil
Fri May 27th, 2005, 05:53 AM
Got my warmer back yesterday...... To my suprise they DID repair the 2 small burn holes in the shell as well. Works great ! Id have to say I have NEVER and I do mean NEVER had any company (Dealing with a repair or warranty of thier product) actually do the right thing and fix the product at little to no cost to me. Only cost was 13 bucks to 2 day ship it to them.

Thumbs up Chicken Hawk Racing!!!!