PDA

View Full Version : Donations for Dave Camp's Daughter

GuitarX
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Hi all, I thought I'd create a separate thread for this so it's easy to find. I spoke to Terry Howard (ABATE) and she said the easiest way to deal with the donations part of this is to go through the ABATE Fallen Riders Fund. Terry can confirm this, but I believe that because they are a registered non-profit your donation is tax deductible.

Here is the link:

http://abateofcolo.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=72&Itemid=74

There's a "Donate" link in the middle of the page and accepts Paypal or credit cards if I recall.

Terry said she would know that the donations are coming in for Alyssa Camp but if you want to specify this with your donation, you can click on the link that says "Add special instructions to the seller". This gives you a small comments box. You can mention either Alyssa or Dave Camp and Terry will see that.

I'll be working on the raffle product donations/door prizes with her as well so if you have (or know) a company that wishes to be part of this just let me know and I'll get the information to you.

Thanks again for all your kindness towards Dave and his family. It's appreciated more than you know.

Gary

rybo
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Donation sent

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 10:52 PM
cross posted to VFRWorld. He was known pretty well over there.

http://vfrworld.com/forums/general-vfr-discussions/35582-lost-fellow-vfrw-member.html

GuitarX
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 07:38 PM
cross posted to VFRWorld. He was known pretty well over there.

http://vfrworld.com/forums/general-vfr-discussions/35582-lost-fellow-vfrw-member.html

Thank you Tink, that's a great idea. I appreciate you doing that.

~Barn~
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Sent and sent.

Bump!

GuitarX
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Sent and sent.

Bump!

Thank you so much Barn! I'll have the donation forms at the event if you need it. If you want it sooner just let me know and I'll get you one.

Thanks again,
Gary

Concabar
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Donation made

DeeStylez
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Donation made as promissed.

aerofaze
Mon Jul 18th, 2011, 03:35 PM
As promised, Gary. Let us know if there's anything else we can do.

GuitarX
Mon Jul 18th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Donation made

Thank you TJ!!!

Donation made as promissed.

Thank you so much, this is so appreciated! Do you need a donation form?

As promised, Gary. Let us know if there's anything else we can do.

Thanks as always...

Cap'n Crunch
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Donation made.

GuitarX
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Donation made.

Thank you so much Lars!

grim
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Donation sent

Cap'n Crunch
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Thank you so much Lars!

It's the least I can do Gary... I really think that it's awesome that you are watching out for Dave's family after he passed... it does me good to see stuff like this. :)

GuitarX
Fri Jul 22nd, 2011, 09:05 AM
Donation sent

Thank you Grim! That's really nice of you and it's much appreciated.

It's the least I can do Gary... I really think that it's awesome that you are watching out for Dave's family after he passed... it does me good to see stuff like this. :)

Thanks for the kind words Lars.

I hope everybody will join us on August 20th for the memorial ride and raffle/music/etc. at the Walnut Room. I'm planning on a morning Deckers ride and then get to the Walnut Room by noon. The band will play 'til about 4pm.

PunyJuney
Fri Jul 22nd, 2011, 09:24 AM
+1, good work Gary!!!
Also thank you to Terry at ABATE for adding a tax free, tax deductible way for us to help fellow riders and their families in need. If you have not joined ABATE you should consider it...no it's not just for cruisers.

Donation sent and I hope this bump will keep Dave with us just a little longer. We miss your smile on our rides.

GuitarX
Fri Jul 22nd, 2011, 05:22 PM
+1, good work Gary!!!
Also thank you to Terry at ABATE for adding a tax free, tax deductible way for us to help fellow riders and their families in need. If you have not joined ABATE you should consider it...no it's not just for cruisers.

Donation sent and I hope this bump will keep Dave with us just a little longer. We miss your smile on our rides.

Thanks June! I joined ABATE as well...

OUTLAWD
Mon Aug 1st, 2011, 04:50 PM
missed the chicane signup that included a donation, so I sent some $ in.

Big thanks to Gary and Terry for getting this going.

GuitarX
Mon Aug 1st, 2011, 10:27 PM
missed the chicane signup that included a donation, so I sent some $ in.

Big thanks to Gary and Terry for getting this going.

Thank you Dave...
Gary

will-t
Tue Aug 2nd, 2011, 08:30 AM
Sent a little Alyssa's way.

GuitarX
Tue Aug 2nd, 2011, 10:07 AM
Sent a little Alyssa's way.

Thank you so much!
Gary

green_zx7r
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 03:23 PM
I'm sorry I did not see this until now. Donation sent in for Alyssa, and I used the "special instructions to seller" to specify that the donation is for Alyssa Camp.

GuitarX
Mon Aug 8th, 2011, 08:32 PM
I'm sorry I did not see this until now. Donation sent in for Alyssa, and I used the "special instructions to seller" to specify that the donation is for Alyssa Camp.

Thank you! I hope to see you on the 20th!
Gary