Repsol a095
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Sumo friendly?

Ricky
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Tempting...

jrhurt
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Depending on what kind of ride it ends up being, I would definately be interested. If you are going to be doing pretty difficult trails, I will wait for another time.

Last time I went there, I got in over my head and had a miserable time. Although I made it through everything, I was absolutely exhausted and cramping. This will be the first time on the trails with my new bike, so I don't want to hold anyone up and would like to actually enjoy it!

By the way, just watched some video of the new singletrack trail. I definately don't want to end up on that! That would be a long day.

Thanks.

UglyDogRacing
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 12:00 PM
It's probably safe to say that Bueller will be hitting the difficult trails.

cdbouncer
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 12:01 PM
The website says I need an approve spark arrestor. Who wants to edumacate me on this?

I have aftermarket pipe and have no other knowledge regarding the pipe. How can I tell if I have one of these?

Repsol a095
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Most of them will say if they are forest approved on the outside, but your best bet is to look inside the exhaust tip. If you can see or feel a screen in there, you have a spark arrestor. Worse comes to worse, just unbolt the tip and then you should be able to tell for sure.

Let me know if you need a hand.

UglyDogRacing
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 12:05 PM
The website says I need an approve spark arrestor. Who wants to edumacate me on this?

I have aftermarket pipe and have no other knowledge regarding the pipe. How can I tell if I have one of these?

http://sparkarrestor.info/

cdbouncer
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Ah thanks much!

jrhurt
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 12:16 PM
It's probably safe to say that Bueller will be hitting the difficult trails.

That is why I ask rather than just show up! I was assuming he would be looking for the more skilled riders. Thanks.

Bueller
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 12:23 PM
I guess it'll all depend on who shows up as to where we will ride. If an area is too difficult there will be someone that can ride your bike through it for you. You just get to walk it and take pics ;) otherwise we wait at all possible turns. If there are beginners we will stay off of the singletrack.

Please be legal though with either plates or ohv registration and a spark arrestor, don't want to get hassled by ranger rick.

jrhurt
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Just let me know sometime tomorrow how the ride is shaping up. No hard feelings if you don't want me there.

Thanks,
Joe

Bueller
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Just let me know sometime tomorrow how the ride is shaping up. No hard feelings if you don't want me there.

Thanks,
Joe

Dude if you want to ride show up. If it was a hardcore ride it wouldn't be open invite.;)

jrhurt
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 01:03 PM
I'll be there, thanks for the invite.

Is there anything distinguishing about the "North" parking lot to look for? Is it the first parking lot on RRR?

Bueller
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Yep first one as you turn onto RRR.

Zach929rr
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 03:20 PM
God. Damnit.

I forgot I still need to order that spark arrestor. Guess I'm out :(

Bueller
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 03:57 PM
God. Damnit.

I forgot I still need to order that spark arrestor. Guess I'm out :(

They are allegedly enforcing noise limits also but I have not been checked yet.

Zach929rr
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 04:20 PM
I should be good with spark arrest + silencer. It's like $40 from Muzzy, just need to do it.

mastap07
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 04:24 PM
didnt front for the ohv tags this year... maybe next year ill hook it up and try some trial ridin

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 08:15 AM
goin on a saturday Bueller? I'm too scared to go to Rampart on the weekends. Just an accident waiting to happen. Let me know if you are going to plan a weekday ride down there and I'll take a day off to go ride. Screw the weekend crowds...that place is way too dangerous for my liking.

Bueller
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Haha don't be such a puss! I am always leading so I am the one who has the close calls :)
it shouldn't be too bad tomorrow. The conditions are going to be great!
We were talking at Gene's memorial about doing some weekday evenings, that is a great time to ride.

UglyDogRacing
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 09:00 AM
goin on a saturday Bueller? I'm too scared to go to Rampart on the weekends. Just an accident waiting to happen. Let me know if you are going to plan a weekday ride down there and I'll take a day off to go ride. Screw the weekend crowds...that place is way too dangerous for my liking.

If you go early and know what trails to avoid it's not bad. I've been up there on weekends like this after alot of rain and its been a ghost town.
I'll be there tomorrow morning.

R1NORI
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Go as far south as you can
Topaz
Jackson Creek
Usually not that busy on the weekends!

Bueller
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Yea generally take the noob trail south 'till we hit the good stuff, gives everyone a chance to warm up and get their shit together. That parking lot is super easy to find for the newer people. I prefer to park @ Flat Rock but with guys riding to the meetup that washboard ain't so much fun, and they usually punk out at the bar and want to ride road back anyway. :lol:

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 01:59 PM
i would be down, but i have to mow my lawn tomorrow morning (2 hours minimum) and doubt i could make it by the KSU time. Next time FO SHO.

Repsol a095
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Bueller, are you parking at the train tracks in Sedalia or are you parking in the lot? I don't know if you are plated or not.

Bueller
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Parking lot on right as you turn onto Rampart Range Road.

vort3xr6
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 07:33 PM
I guess I am gonna go to this. Never been. What's the story on gas? Are you guys driving your bikes down there? Should I pack some midol?

Zach929rr
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 07:51 PM
I guess I am gonna go to this. Never been. What's the story on gas? Are you guys driving your bikes down there? Should I pack some midol?

You should be fine on gas.

Bring extra Midol.

Vehicle 1
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 08:27 PM
See you mofos there! I'm trucking my bike.

Zach929rr
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 08:31 PM
I'll be making my $10 spark arrestor in the am. 8)

Vehicle 1
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Fab!! that shit..

vort3xr6
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 09:25 PM
I want to truck my bike! Diego, meet me at my house so I can follow you. What time?

Repsol a095
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Trucking there. I am meeting Henry at the train tracks in Sedalia at 8:30 if anyone is interested.

Vehicle 1
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 10:02 PM
ok, unless I hear from u guys again i'll meet you at the parking lot...

vort3xr6
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 10:14 PM
I am gonna ride there. Breakfast down by zachs place at 7:15 if you guys are down.

Matty
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Wish I could join you fools.... Got some shit to take care of first thing this morning. Hopefully next time. Y'all have fun.

Zach, Diego, Brad, or Henry.... If you decide to Hooligan it up later today or even tomorrow hit me up.

Zach929rr
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Today was evidence that bueller hates drzs as much as I've suspected.

Had an awesome day getting my ass kicked :up:

It was a good thing everyone was there at 9am coughcough

Repsol a095
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Wow! I was fine until the end. That last hill kicked my ass!

I might have said, "I want to be done now," really loudly.

Overall, it was a great ride, but next time I am putting the knobbies on. Thanks for putting this together Dave!

vort3xr6
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 05:25 PM
You both are a bunch of sallys!!! Trails were awesome! The DRZ does great as long as you carry gobs of speed.

Bueller
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 06:35 PM
It was a good day for ridin' there was more traffic than I had hoped, but that is the Rampart curse.

BTW I hate quads much worse than DRZ's :lol:

I got a bit of crappy video I am trying to get together, it won't be fancy or nutin'

Thanks to everyone that showed, I got cramps from flashing our #'s to the oncoming traffic (10 bikes!) :)

Bueller
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 07:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmG01ZlLkvM

Nobody wants to lead so nobody gets video :lol:

Zach929rr
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 07:43 PM
No more stopping on downhills next time.

Bueller
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 07:45 PM
I wasn't on the downhill ;)

Repsol a095
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 07:57 PM
You had to put the dreaded hill at the end of the video?

GregsGSXR
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Sorry I missed it. Looks like you all had a blast.

Bueller
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Video of jrhurt on the end of the ride down the bar trail.
And then the card was full. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=why8d_Lwmcw

Clovis
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 07:21 PM
So many trees... so many murder sticks...

jrhurt
Mon Jul 18th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Fun ride, thanks for the invite. It was nice meeting everyone.

I did have one nice get off where I came into a turn a little too hot and there was some gravel/Sand so I had to lay it down. :D Glad nobody got that one on video!

Bueller
Mon Jul 18th, 2011, 12:00 PM
So many trees... so many murder sticks...
Yea they should cut all those trees down for all of out safety, that could be dangerous. :lol:

Fun ride, thanks for the invite. It was nice meeting everyone.

I did have one nice get off where I came into a turn a little too hot and there was some gravel/Sand so I had to lay it down. :D Glad nobody got that one on video!

Sand, gravel seriously? I didn't see any :loop: