View Full Version : SOCO Old Style Bike Nite 7/15/2011

Bashed
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Sonic Drive-In
Woodland Park, Co.
7:00 PM

konaman
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Depending on what the weather looks like I may very well make it out for this one.

Clovis
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Oh hells yes

kat.luvs.sportbikes
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Ohhh!!! I WANNA COME!

kat.luvs.sportbikes
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Where we meeting up at least and time to ride together at this site?

Clovis
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 10:52 PM
We could meet up at the Acorn on 8th/24

snapshot
Thu Jul 14th, 2011, 11:11 PM
well seeing as how i live up the street i think i can make it.lol

Tim K
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 04:53 AM
It's gonna rain on you. At least it's been raining up here in WP every night about that time for the last 2 weeks.

I may just have to try to make this one. Not sure it's worth suiting up to ride 3 miles, so I may just drive. Or walk.

Concabar
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Bash having a bike night, if I didn't have to get up early on Saturday I would come down.

TransNone13
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Would like to drop in, will be playing it by ear in regards to the weather. It's supposed to be pretty nasty and I don't have the best rain tires on right now.

Clovis
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Bike night turn into cage night =)

gsxrscott
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Don't worry girls, shit floats:bananna:So I guess I will have to be there!

d3spair
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Ima kill you old style!

(reference, anybody?..)

Jason ON
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Got something else going on tonight or else I'd be down. Maybe next time.

$pOiLeD_rOoKiE
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 03:17 PM
I'm (we're) going to try to make a rare appearance. Don't hold your breath! :up:

Bashed
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 04:24 PM

How bout,
Your not made of sugar so you wont melt.
Some of you probably are ready for your monthly bath, Dallas.
Or my personnal favorite....
Now you get to actually ride your bike.
See you there.

Clovis
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 04:28 PM
I'll be getting gas at the Acorn station on 24 and 8th street at 6:30 and heading up if anyone wants to ride up to Sonic. We can hold hold hands or high five.

TransNone13
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Clovis, I think I might be linking up with you, but I can forgo the hand holding. Still watching the skies, like I said I have Power One's on my bike and I'm a little nervous about rain. I need to get my Road 3's put on ASAP.

Clovis
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Its cloudy but weather.com says 10% chance of rain for the rest of tonight. But it also says 40% chance of rain... so ummm, it's a guess.

It's cloudy but I don't smell rain ;)

TransNone13
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking I'm going for it. I don't mind getting wet, guess I'll just slow down if it starts raining. :D

Clovis
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Great SOCO bike night as always! No rain!

If you didn't come, you missed out on some yummy Woodland Park burgers!

kat.luvs.sportbikes
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 10:10 PM

LOL
Thanks for a great evening Bash and Scott. I'm fascinated and thrilled to start small in this sportbike world.
I'd really like to get into the track and slowly progress from there.
I'll network with you two more about this. I'd be asking questions...

$pOiLeD_rOoKiE
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Thanks Bashed for the "Old Skool" bike night. Nice to see all the familiar faces and nice to meet some new faces. We'll try not to be strangers, but no promises.

Drift
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 10:25 PM
I'm (we're) going to try to make a rare appearance. Don't hold your breath! :up:

Damn good thing that I didn't hold my breath! :pointlaugh:

TransNone13
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 11:09 PM
It was a pleasure to meet you drift. I'd like to see more locals at the tracks!

kat.luvs.sportbikes
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 11:19 PM
It was a pleasure to meet you drift. I'd like to see more locals at the tracks!

Are you the rider with the Honda CBR1000rr? Sorry i'm trying to see a face with their screen names.

TransNone13
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Are you the rider with the Honda CBR1000rr? Sorry i'm trying to see a face with their screen names.

Yes

kat.luvs.sportbikes
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 11:22 PM
Yes

I better watch out the quiet ones. lol
You seemed friendly online. :-D

TransNone13
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Yes, depending on the situation I am pretty reserved.

I'll take that to mean I was rude in person...

kat.luvs.sportbikes
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 11:27 PM

I'll take that to mean I was rude in person... lol

hmmm yyyeeahh lol
I'm trying to imagine you a bit friendly. I can't really see it now haha.
I got excited hearing about track though.
I am browsing for a track suit, this sport is expensive! Its all worth it for experience.
I wanna watch it first and observe. I may do it the next riding season actually do it. I wanna save money for it and network is the key! :-D

TransNone13
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 11:29 PM
That's a matter of opinion.

Racing is incredibly expensive and addicting, the two don't go well together. Although, I'd rather be shooting up the straights than my veins.

Least expensive A* on STG.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=4393

Don't forget the 15% mil discount.

kat.luvs.sportbikes
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 11:32 PM
It's a matter of perspective.

Racing is incredibly expensive and addicting, the two don't go well together. Although, I'd rather be shooting up the straights than my veins.

True.
I should've started this when i joined Military. Ugggh
This is the perfect getaway from all non-sense at work (if you know where I'm coming from).
I'm not even in the track, I am now browsing for gear and feel like I'm behind. Im not getting any younger. LOL

TransNone13
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 11:34 PM
"Getting it" will have a snowball effect. Next thing you know you'll be up to your neck in it. And for sure, it's great for getting away from work. If I'm not at the COF, I like to remove myself as much as possible from work.

kat.luvs.sportbikes
Fri Jul 15th, 2011, 11:39 PM
"Getting it" will have a snowball effect. Next thing you know you'll be up to your neck in it. And for sure, it's great for getting away from work. If I'm not at the COF, I like to remove myself as much as possible from work.

At least you came in as an officer. Enlisted is a whole other ballgame, ugggh.
I've done my term and its ME time. lol Even though, my silly self signed for National Guard. I guess, I'm not completely done with the military. The benefits helps a lot and retirement. I need education bad... :-/

snapshot
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 01:03 AM
awesome meeting you all, hope to get some rides in here soon

Zach929rr
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 04:29 AM

I'll take that to mean I was rude in person...

you're such a dick

/backtothenorth

Ninja2
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 07:19 AM
I got excited hearing about track though.
I am browsing for a track suit, this sport is expensive! Its all worth it for experience.
I wanna watch it first and observe. I may do it the next riding season actually do it. I wanna save money for it and network is the key! :-D

Try Sept (Memorial Day) with Chicane. It's posted under "Track". You'll be fine and you'll like it. Chicane is the best way to start on the track because they will go over flags and have wonderful instructors that show you the track and give you useful tips.
To me, track days with Chicane is not about racing. It is about learning to ride the track at higher speeds than on the road and with far less obstacles.
There are a lot of great people on this forum, and they're usually willing to help with gear, if you post up your size. As a matter of fact, closer to Chicane someone usually posts a thread asking who needs what. And all you'd really need focus on is saving the money to pay for the track day. Do it! :up:

TransNone13
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 07:33 AM
you're such a dick

/backtothenorth

Troll! :P

kat.luvs.sportbikes
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Try Sept (Memorial Day) with Chicane. It's posted under "Track". You'll be fine and you'll like it. Chicane is the best way to start on the track because they will go over flags and have wonderful instructors that show you the track and give you useful tips.
To me, track days with Chicane is not about racing. It is about learning to ride the track at higher speeds than on the road and with far less obstacles.
There are a lot of great people on this forum, and they're usually willing to help with gear, if you post up your size. As a matter of fact, closer to Chicane someone usually posts a thread asking who needs what. And all you'd really need focus on is saving the money to pay for the track day. Do it! :up:

I appreciate your advice a lot! This is helpful! I wanna observe first and save money. Gotta have a full on leather suit, boots and set my bike up for track, and i think plus insurance too?
If not this season, the next one. I'll still check this Chicane Track event.
I mostly want to experience it and let this speed out in the track. Basically, I wanna have a great time. :-)
Hey! When are you riding again? :-D

kat.luvs.sportbikes
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 05:29 PM
you're such a dick

/backtothenorth

Wow. LMFAO
I wish I can be upfront like that. Idk if that's a joke, but my mind does says so. People are different, that's all i can say.