PDA

View Full Version : Wreck on 7 today

enabler118
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Hey everybody

I'm the guy who wrecked my bike on 7 today, just wanted to let Vellos and the rest of the guys who showed up know that I'm essentially ok. I've got minor road rash on my ankles and a wicked bruise on my upper ass cheek, jammed finger and I think I smacked my elbow on a rock.

Basically, I took a corner a bit hotter than I was ready for, and understeered, which caused me to panic and brake, and I went off the road. Up till that turn I felt pretty good, but I WAS pushing myself, and that was my major mistake.

A lot of people say over and over to RIDE YOUR OWN RIDE, and I want to take this opportunity to reiterate that. I was trying to keep up with better riders, and I obviously was outside my skill level.

Gotta say thanks to Swift for sweeping, who knows how long I would've been sitting on the side of the road if not for him, and Vellos for trying to teach me.

Man do I feel like an idiot. Now I'm Gonna call my parents After this x ray n

WEAR YOUR SAFETY GEAR

Jeff
enabler118

TransNone13
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 03:31 PM
At least you're essentially ok. Hard lessons last longer right?

Zach929rr
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 03:48 PM
oh my

I wrecked a bunch today too, so don't feel bad.

Darth Do'Urden
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Yeah...I know how this feels (wrecking, not "trying to keep up"). =/

Glad you're ok.

mastap07
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 04:31 PM
hope you and the bike are ok. best thing to do is learn from it and keep on truckin! i know almost all of us have been there done that before. thankfully you were able to get up from it and walk away.

thankgod
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Dude I was there on the Olskool Gixxer, in front of you, I'm so glad that you are ok, a bunch of us were at the bottom of the hill waiting and wondering what had happened. When Swift came down he told us. I'm so very glad that you are ok, if you still need for us to go pick up your bikes from the towing company let me know, I have a pickup. Glad you're ok, I'm sorry about your bike. Get well soon. 5209800588

Sarge
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Glad you're ok!

On a side note, I find it kinda funny how most people "panic" and grab the brakes or whatever, when I typically have the opposite reaction. Don't ask me why, but there's been a few times when I underestimated a turn or my speed or something and I instinctively just lean harder. I was on the highway a few weeks back, was checking traffic or something when a turn just popped up out of nowhere. I was going entirely too fast (for me, not the bike) and I just panicked, didn't brake, didn't roll off the throttle too much, clenched my ass a bit and just pulled the bike to the ground. Next thing I know I had made the turn and was shocked to the point that I had to slow down and cool off for a minute.

veteran_80
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Glad to hear your alright. Learn something from it and get back on the horse....

SloBlue
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Hey, Enabler118, Really, Really glad you're ok. I was the slow guy on the blue Super Hawk with Swift's group until Nederland, so I didn't know about this until just now. Help me out, were you with us from MOCO? Which bike were you on? Sorry, you prolly mentioned your forum name, but I filed it somewhere inaccessable to my conscious mind.

Sorry for the mishap, was it wet when you guys went through?

madvlad
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Good to hear you're good man. Heal up and one more riding experience to the resume lol... we all done it.

thankgod
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 05:34 PM
We met up after you left the group.
:batman:

Hey, Enabler118, Really, Really glad you're ok. I was the slow guy on the blue Super Hawk with Swift's group until Nederland, so I didn't know about this until just now. Help me out, were you with us from MOCO? Which bike were you on? Sorry, you prolly mentioned your forum name, but I filed it somewhere inaccessable to my conscious mind.

Sorry for the mishap, was it wet when you guys went through?

thankgod
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Glad Glad Glad could have been a complete disaster...fuck yeah. See you soon.

SloBlue
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Thanks, Rich. No wonder I was confused. There didn't seem to be anyone that was with us before I split off that could have gone down.

thankgod
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 05:47 PM
No problem, thanks for hanging out today.

Thanks, Rich. No wonder I was confused. There didn't seem to be anyone that was with us before I split off that could have gone down.

Thrill Hill
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Enabler, I'm glad to hear your ok. We were wondering what happened to u and Swift. We saw an ambulance going up 7, so Vellos and Wolfeyes headed up to check on y'all.

Swift, you have my vote for "Sweeper of the Year"!

Zach929rr
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 07:15 PM

bendavis
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 07:17 PM
so vellos was there, and someone went down? starting to get a serious twilight zone vibe.

oh10raven
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Sucks to hear, live and learn I guess. Glad you're okay for the most part.

Concabar
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Good thing is that you are okay.

Vellos
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 07:40 PM
An unfortunate day indeed. Was working with Jeff in the morning going up-down 7 a few times. He was doing really great out there too, working on lines and general body positions to make cornering more comfortable. We ran into Swift's group on accident and went down 7 as a group; except I was in front messing with the guy on the CBR and Jeff was in the back near Swift.

Survival reactions are one thing to know about, but another to avoid doing when in an emergency. Glad you're already thinking about getting a new bike Jeff, hope you get back on two soon.

SloBlue
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Was working with Jeff in the morning going up-down 7 a few times.

I passed you guys heading up when I was going down 7. I left Swift's group at the gas station in Nederland. They were going much faster that I was and I figured they'd catch me before Lyons. I was also trying to beat the rain. It rained pretty good on P2P, but I was out it by the time I reached 7. Then it was just Harley's messing up my road.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 08:47 PM
clenched my ass a bit.
That'll save you EVERY time! :)

In all seriousness, sorry to hear it, and glad you're ok. Heal up, learn your lesson, and ride another day.

enabler118
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 09:13 PM
So just a followup, I'm a bit loopy on percocet. Anyways, final report is a gruesome bruise on my left hip, bruised elbow, road rash on both calves, and a hairline fracture of the fibula in my left leg. All things considered, I got off light -- and learned a very valuable lesson. I gotta say, I'm super thankful for all of the support you guys have been offering on here, it means a lot, considering I haven't actually even met most of you guys! That being said, I'm still planning on going to the oldster new meetup tomorrow, so if any of you guys show up I'd love to meet you, even though I'm kinda crippled ATM I do want to make some new friends.

-jeff
Enabler118

grim
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 09:41 PM
glad your ok and good to see you in high spirits heal quickly

Penadam
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 10:38 PM

grim
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 10:41 PM

HAHAHAHA WIN!!!!!!!!

Vellos
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Hey Adam. :doublefinger:

Penadam
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Don't be hatin on my mad knife skillz.

Swift
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Hey everybody

I'm the guy who wrecked my bike on 7 today, just wanted to let Vellos and the rest of the guys who showed up know that I'm essentially ok. I've got minor road rash on my ankles and a wicked bruise on my upper ass cheek, jammed finger and I think I smacked my elbow on a rock.

Basically, I took a corner a bit hotter than I was ready for, and understeered, which caused me to panic and brake, and I went off the road. Up till that turn I felt pretty good, but I WAS pushing myself, and that was my major mistake.

A lot of people say over and over to RIDE YOUR OWN RIDE, and I want to take this opportunity to reiterate that. I was trying to keep up with better riders, and I obviously was outside my skill level.

Gotta say thanks to Swift for sweeping, who knows how long I would've been sitting on the side of the road if not for him, and Vellos for trying to teach me.

Man do I feel like an idiot. Now I'm Gonna call my parents After this x ray n

WEAR YOUR SAFETY GEAR

Jeff
enabler118

I'm glad you're alright. Seeing you hauled off on the stretcher in the neck brace was a really unnerving feeling for me considering I was the only one out of the group there to see it. I will say you've got one hell of a sense of humor though considering what you went through. "Hey, what's your handle on CSC?" :pointlaugh: You're cool in my book and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Enabler, I'm glad to hear your ok. We were wondering what happened to u and Swift. We saw an ambulance going up 7, so Vellos and Wolfeyes headed up to check on y'all.

Swift, you have my vote for "Sweeper of the Year"!

lol appreciate the support bud. Always a pleasure riding with you.

I passed you guys heading up when I was going down 7. I left Swift's group at the gas station in Nederland. They were going much faster that I was and I figured they'd catch me before Lyons. I was also trying to beat the rain. It rained pretty good on P2P, but I was out it by the time I reached 7. Then it was just Harley's messing up my road.

We left probably 20 minutes after you did and were surprised we hadn't caught up to you. It was a bit damp in some sections but other than that we completely missed the rain. Until we left Lyon's anyway.

On a side note, Thankgod's Gixxer thinks it's a triumph now. :silly:

Swift
Sat Jul 16th, 2011, 11:31 PM
:pointlaugh:

rangergixxer
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Looks like you took a beating, but like the energizer bunny, YA KEEP ON TICKIN! Nice to see you're ok now. I ALWAYS wear protective gear on my entire upper body and that has saved me from serious injury a few times my friend.

Its all about confidence. You have to KNOW you're going to make it through the turn. The second panic sets in, you're doomed already. No good decisions are made in panic, but if you use fear to your advantage, than you will NEVER lack speed in reaction.

Always stay afraid, just so you don't kill yourself, and it's really good for getting that heart rate up and attention span focused. Get well bro!

:sniper:

Depths_of_Mind
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Haven't met ya mate, but heal up well! Glad you had a support structure with you.

TinkerinWstuff
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 10:19 AM

:applause: :up:

thankgod
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Swift, I figured out what the deal e o was on my bike. A sparkplug was loose causing the whole thing, wires and all to be shot out of the engine! Wires (Main Wiring Harness) above it are completely fried and I"m lucky I did'nt blow up from a short...lol. Fucking hell. Ohhh I need your number too. @ Penadam...that's one sweet pic yo/:up:

WolFeYeZ
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Good to hear you are okay Jeff and that you will be on 2 again.