PDA

View Full Version : Question about front stands

Anonymous
Wed Aug 27th, 2003, 10:08 AM
I'm thinking about getting a front stand (looking at Pit Bull), and I know the one that lifts by the bottom of the forks doesn't enable the forks to be removed like the one that lifts by the lower triple-tree. I notice that they also sell a combo (fork & triple-tree) stand.

My question is this - is there any disadvantage that the triple-tree stand has - something it can't do that the fork stand can? (ie: Do I need the combo?) :?

Thanks

yakuza
Wed Aug 27th, 2003, 10:14 AM
Bob, I don't use the Pitbull but I use a triple-tree lift only front stand for the past year or so, with never a need for a forklift stand. Dave has the combo pitbull stand, and it is handy, but not necessary.

Hoopty
Wed Aug 27th, 2003, 10:54 AM
I dunno if it does anything the other doesn't, but it just looks easier to use the forklift. :? I just bought the combo front Pit Bull, just picked it up from TFOG last night. $150 for it, not bad at all IMO. :up:

Anonymous
Wed Aug 27th, 2003, 10:57 AM
$150 for the combo?!? :o That's a great deal!

Hoopty
Wed Aug 27th, 2003, 11:13 AM
I try to tell people about TFOG all the time. They don't have the best prices on everything, but on alot of things they have AWESOME prices, and they will match most prices if there's are higher. Some to be noted would be EBC pads and Pit Bull stands. My set of EBC HH race kit pads were $25, front combo stand $150. :twisted:

Hozerking
Wed Aug 27th, 2003, 11:32 AM
I have the triple-T sstand and about the only thing I can't do with it is to completley take the triple-T off! about the only way to do that is to suport the frame fromt he ceiling or an engine hoist! .... I do find it anoying to have to change the pin between my two bikes thought! but that is life!

I think the tripple-T has no disadvantages over the front fork stand!

I have definitly not regreted buying the pitbutll!

-al

Anonymous
Wed Aug 27th, 2003, 01:11 PM
I try to tell people about TFOG all the time. They don't have the best prices on everything, but on alot of things they have AWESOME prices, and they will match most prices if there's are higher. Some to be noted would be EBC pads and Pit Bull stands. My set of EBC HH race kit pads were $25, front combo stand $150. :twisted:I agree. I bought my Pit Bull rear stand from them - I can't remember what I paid, but I was very happy with the price!

Anonymous
Wed Aug 27th, 2003, 01:12 PM
I have the triple-T sstand and about the only thing I can't do with it is to completley take the triple-T off! about the only way to do that is to suport the frame fromt he ceiling or an engine hoist! .... I do find it anoying to have to change the pin between my two bikes thought! but that is life!

I think the tripple-T has no disadvantages over the front fork stand!

I have definitly not regreted buying the pitbutll!

-alWould you be able to take the triple-T off with the fork stand?

jontflesh
Wed Aug 27th, 2003, 02:10 PM
Hey Spiderman.
I got a Pit-Bull rear stand and love it but damn they are pricey. Gixxer.com just got a new sponser http://www.redlinestands.com and I got thier front stand unpainted
http://www.jontflesh.com/Picts/stands.jpg
Check out thier prices, they are damn cheap.
Now when it comes to times when I need to pull my forks Ytry taught me a handy little trick.
I will put the front up on the stand and take two car stands (the ones that extend somewhat tall) and set them under each frame slider. Then I just lower the bike and it is held up by the rear stand and the car stands on the frame sliders. Works like a charm!

But anywhoo if you have not ordered at least take a look at redline, I am very happy with thier product, I just need to paint it still :)

yakuza
Wed Aug 27th, 2003, 03:26 PM
Would you be able to take the triple-T off with the fork stand?

Nope, since the forks are attached to the bike via the triple-tree.

Anonymous
Wed Aug 27th, 2003, 03:31 PM
Would you be able to take the triple-T off with the fork stand?

Nope, since the forks are attached to the bike via the triple-tree. :oops: :lol:

Boy Scout
Wed Aug 27th, 2003, 05:04 PM
See additional comments on this topic: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1354

Quick636
Wed Aug 27th, 2003, 11:25 PM
www.handyindustries.com

Click on web deals, pair of stands for 99 bucks. I cannot vouch for their quality but I have heard others say they work well. They come painted too :lol:

Bryce
Thu Aug 28th, 2003, 07:57 AM
what ever you do Spidey get a tripple tree stand wood craft makes a good one and the pit bulls arent to shabby either

Anonymous
Thu Aug 28th, 2003, 08:27 AM
See additional comments on this topic: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1354Thanks Nate! It looks like this is one of the posts I missed after returning from vacation (freakin PC cleared my cache while I was reading through about 250 new or updated threads :x ).

Anonymous
Thu Aug 28th, 2003, 08:28 AM
www.handyindustries.com

Click on web deals, pair of stands for 99 bucks. I cannot vouch for their quality but I have heard others say they work well. They come painted too :lol: :lol: Thanks, but I already have a Pit Bull rear stand, otherwise I'd probably be all over that. :|

Anonymous
Thu Aug 28th, 2003, 08:30 AM
what ever you do Spidey get a tripple tree stand wood craft makes a good one and the pit bulls arent to shabby eitherThanks Bryce.

I'll probably go with the PB Combo front, especially if I can get it for $150 from TFog.

Hoopty
Thu Aug 28th, 2003, 09:00 AM
www.handyindustries.com

Click on web deals, pair of stands for 99 bucks. I cannot vouch for their quality but I have heard others say they work well. They come painted too :lol:

Handy stands work ok, but they're not very stable. :| Bike moves around ALOT when on them...

Bob- that's the price, I doubt they're gonna charge you more than me! ;)

irdave
Sat Aug 30th, 2003, 11:14 PM
Something else to consider is that by using the forklift stand I can pick up ANYBODY'S sportbike. Aprilia to zx14 to black and silver F4i's. All of 'em. And then with the adapter I can pull my fork legs, or with different pins, I can pick up anybody's bike by the triple clamp... Hell, I even used what I had to pick up a 70's Honda CB750...

Unless I'm pulling the forks, I just the forklift part. It's a little more convenient.

Another thing. Many bikes need to be trimmed ( :shock: ) so that the triple clamp part of the stand will work and actually slide into the steer tube.

Hoopty
Tue Sep 2nd, 2003, 09:22 AM
Hey Bob, I was wrong. :oops: I got the "new front" stand for $150...

Anonymous
Tue Sep 2nd, 2003, 10:31 AM
Thanks for letting me know. :|

At least it never got to this stage:
Me: "Yeah, hi, I'd like to order a Pit Bull Forklift & Coverter for my '02 R1."
T-fog: "Okay, that'll by $195"
Me: "$195?!? WTF! You sold one to Hoopty for $150!!! Why does he get a deal???"
T-fog: "I'm sorry but Hoopty is either lying to you, or he's a complete idiot that doesn't know WTF he's talking about."

:P :lol:

Hoopty
Tue Sep 2nd, 2003, 11:55 AM
My bad, it'd been several weeks since I ordered it (before I went to Alaska), and I didn't even check it out until this weekend. I had origianlly planned on getting the combo, but after chatting with Scott I decided that I might as well go with the new front stand.