PDA

View Full Version : Halo Light Set Experience?

TransNone13
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 07:10 PM
One of the things I will be replacing in the future is the headlight assembly on my CBR. Does anyone have any experience with MOTO Tuning or products similar to this?

Clovis
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 07:19 PM
No exp but they look like R-1 headlights.

Or R-1 headlights look like CBR headlights.

grim
I'm def interested in these too!!!

TransNone13
Lol, they replace the standard bulbs with halos and projection bulbs as in the R1 with a ballast. They're going for like $300/$400. I mean if I have to replace the light to have no blemishes, why not upgrade?!

Look at it this way, when you crash, it's a chance to redo the bike in your vision ;).

Here's another sexy image with them installed.

You can see what it looks like now in BOTM, but I want to give it a much more custom look. My short list to finish my bike after the season is this:

Future Repair Parts for CBR

SharkSkinz Street Upper
Race Lower
Top Shelter
Tail Section w/ Custom Fab for Tail Components

Custom Paint

Rizoma Brake Lever
Rizoma Passenger Peg
Rizoma Front Brake Res. Cap

OE Rad Shroud Right
Light Set w/ HALO
Fairing Stay
Rivets
Inside Panels
Seat Panels

Seal Air Ducts

Heat Shielding

Chop Exhaust Canister?

Clovis
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Wow, $300-400 for bulbs? I'd say get a new jacket instead.

TransNone13
Sun Jul 17th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Lol, it's the entire unit. Albeit around $200 more than the OE unit. If you're going to do it, do it right. I already have lots of gear.

AOK303
Mon Jul 18th, 2011, 06:35 PM
I've done this mod on cars and one moped

TransNone13
Mon Jul 18th, 2011, 06:54 PM
And?

AOK303
Mon Jul 18th, 2011, 10:50 PM
And the first one always looks like shit to be honest
You have to slowly sand to size l, wiring is easy but to make air tight takes work
On scale 1 to 10 is put it as an 8 plastic is unforgiving

mdub
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 08:48 AM
the pain we put ourselves through for being cool. at most times ish worth IT.. I like to do just the HID. Its almost half the price. Soo many hobbies not enuff money.....

TransNone13
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 08:52 AM
More like the pain I put myself through because I get bored easily and I like to work on autos/bikes :P. Everything can be improved. Idle hands... I also love electronics. I love installing piggy back units and doing all the cable routing so it looks clean. Besides, I don't care what anyone else thinks, looks good to me!

On my other bike I'm waiting on my Bazzaz unit (still undergoing R&D for the newest model). Have the AFM and map switch. Made a custom carbon fiber bracket for the switches and the GiPro which is also on its way which mounts on the fairing stay. Lithium battery and SAMCO Sport hoses are en-route too!

vort3xr6
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 01:00 PM
I loved mine. They were super awesome on an R6. Dual color, with HID's. One of my favorite mods. The guy highbimmin made them for me, but he committed suicide not too long after. Bummer cause he was really good at them.

http://www.sportbikerider.us/Pics48/AngelEyes5.JPG