PDA

View Full Version : chain and sprockets

99GSXR750
Tue May 24th, 2005, 09:14 PM
I'm planning on changing my chain and sprockets soon and I was wondering what I should get. I would like to do it myself but i don't have any chain tools and I am also wondering what i would need there. i found this clicky (http://www.ronayers.com/chassis/rk_quick_accel_chain.cfm) at ronayers, not sure if it's good or not. any suggestions? It's for a 1999 GSXR 750.
Thanks

justinCO
Tue May 24th, 2005, 09:50 PM
I did a 520 conversion on my old '97 GSXR 750. I can't for the life of me remember what brand sprockets and chain I used. I think you would be fine with RK stuff though.

As far as tools, I believe there is a tool to remove/break the masterlink on the chain easily. I did mine w/out tools if I remember right but it was tricky and kind of a pain in the arse. Only other tools are regular type things like sockets and wrenches.

I'm sure someone else can explain in better detail. But you should be able to do it yourself just fine, I did mine w/out doing it before and I'm not the best mechanic by a long shot :)

99GSXR750
Wed May 25th, 2005, 09:54 AM
I'm just worried about getting it all and not being able to ride for a few days. I know the dealership wants around 170 just for labor to install them.