PDA

View Full Version : ColoSprings Ride Help??

Frankie675
Mon Jul 18th, 2011, 12:44 PM
My brother is visiting and wants to do a ride on Friday. I'm from denver and don't really know any roads down in the springs.

Anyone know of a fun 2-3 hour ride down in colorado springs?

Drift
Mon Jul 18th, 2011, 12:48 PM
You could do the Bishop's Castle ride.

What time were you thinking of going?

Frankie675
Mon Jul 18th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Not sure on times. Hes driving from SLC overnight so I'm thinking I'll be down in the springs by 10am, get him onto his bike, and go from there.

Drift
Mon Jul 18th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Another option would be to do a loop from Denver down into the Springs and returning back to Denver. I could recommend a route if that sounded good.

Frankie675
Mon Jul 18th, 2011, 01:56 PM
I'll be staying in the springs that night.

I'm looking for a western mountain loop of some sort.

TransNone13
Mon Jul 18th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Cripple Creek or Evergreen? (I think that's it)

3D
Mon Jul 18th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Ride through woodland park up to cripple creek, stop there for lunch or whatever and leave the back of cripple creek up to canyon city then either take hwy 50 all the way to I-25 or take hwy 115 back to the springs. Good ride either way.

Drift
Mon Jul 18th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Ride through woodland park up to cripple creek, stop there for lunch or whatever and leave the back of cripple creek up to canyon city then either take hwy 50 all the way to I-25 or take hwy 115 back to the springs. Good ride either way.

+1

Clovis
Mon Jul 18th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Cripple creek and Bishops castle are nice scenic rides but notorious for the gravel in the curves.

I'd go with a Deckers loop personally. Go as far as Pine and you're looking at an hour each way. Three hours if you stop for lunch in Pine, CO and avoid stopping at Deckers (go to Zoka's and get the spicy chicken breast. It's yummy).

You can get there from Denver (via 470 to 285 to 126) or from the Springs. It also makes a nice loop back home to Denver. Pine is roughly the half-way point for either.

Frankie675
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 01:44 AM
I take denver - deckers -wp - to the springs about once every other week so I'm looking to diversify a bit.

I think I'll go for the cripple creek - canon city (went to high school there 8 years ago and havent been back since) - stop at the owl for worlds greatest burger - and head back to the springs somehow

3D
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 08:15 AM
I take denver - deckers -wp - to the springs about once every other week so I'm looking to diversify a bit.

I think I'll go for the cripple creek - canon city (went to high school there 8 years ago and havent been back since) - stop at the owl for worlds greatest burger - and head back to the springs somehow

Just a personal preference, but I usually take Hwy 50 back through Pueblo and hit I-25 back to the springs. It's a nice long straight and a good break from the twisties.

spdu4ia
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 08:44 AM
^There is nothing "Good" about a long straight, especially I-25

3D
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 03:03 PM
^ To each his own... I guess that's why opinions are called opinions. :poo:

CaptGoodvibes
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 03:08 PM
^There is nothing "Good" about a long straight, especially I-25

+1! Nothing like a long straight after a long ride to put me to sleep and get me killed. Twisties keep me alert no matter how long the day is.

Ghost
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Nothing like a long straight after a long ride to put me to sleep and get me killed. Twisties keep me alert no matter how long the day is.

+1

No matter how tired/hot/fatigued I am, even running a slower pace in the twisties is safer for me than the Twilight Zone of losing focus and sleep-riding home slabbing it...