PDA

View Full Version : Attachments

DolphinRider
Mon Jul 18th, 2011, 10:35 PM
anyone else having issues with Attachments of J-Peg's since this recent server switch?

Ninja2
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Yes. A picture I uploaded for July BOTM got lost...

.... But of course the out of context thread is still there. :roll: Can we lose it, too, please?

TransNone13
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 08:59 AM
I see your picture...

Ninja2
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Strange. I cannot. So I took a screenshot, converted it into PDF because the site states that a pdf is acceptable, and when I try uploading the PDF, it tells me the website is not available.

TransNone13
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Maybe it's cached on my browser. I would recommend in the future using a hosting site like photobucket or picasa and using the VBScript "IMG" function. That way it won't happen :P.

asp_125
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Yeah I've noticed threads with blank attachments.

DolphinRider
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 09:44 AM
I cant seem to post any either..... Still trying though.

Ninja2
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 09:50 AM
There are two things going on:
1. We lost some already posted attachments, and
2. We cannot seem to upload new attachments.

I tried it with JPG, PDF, etc., and it's not working.

rforsythe
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 10:08 AM
No attachments were lost. It's all a permissions issue and will be resolved when I have time to deal with it, until then, use your imagination.

bulldog
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 10:09 AM
No attachments were lost. It's all a permissions issue and will be resolved when I have time to deal with it, until then, use your imagination. or use photobucket and link them

Ninja2
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Thank you.

DolphinRider
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 10:29 AM
cool, used Photobucket and got it to work, Thanks :)

CaptGoodvibes
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 10:44 AM
No attachments were lost. It's all a permissions issue and will be resolved when I have time to deal with it, until then, use your imagination.

I'm imagining a beach in Cabo and an international group of travelling college girls in bikinis asking me to apply lotion. :D

Vellos
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Can't attach and there's tons of lag. :( I thought we were getting an upgrade?

rforsythe
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Can't attach and there's tons of lag. :( I thought we were getting an upgrade?

We did get an upgrade on the server, ISP link not so much and I'm working on that. Lag may be a server thing though so I am monitoring some things to see why. Attachment issue, once again, is a permissions problem on the server I will deal with when I have some time to look into it. Kitty pics are lower on my list right now than my full time job and family.

FWIW there would have been issues earlier this evening as some things got restarted. My tests during the day come back clean.

The-Violator
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 10:11 PM
http://yogierthanthou.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/waiting.jpg

The Black Knight
Sat Jul 30th, 2011, 02:19 PM
FYI, I can't do attachments either. Box pops up for attachments, everything works until I try and upload. Everything else works for me though, no lag.