PDA

View Full Version : Procycle.us

PhL0aTeR
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 05:11 PM
http://www.procycle.us/

Yesterday I ordered about $120 or so worth of crap for the DR... Today my inner tube came in, and i started futzing with the bike, noticed my lower chain guide was broken. So i got back on the site and ordered an aftermarket one to the tune of $50something shipped

#1, they are quick to ship. I had my tracking number before i went to bed last night for yesterdays order
#2, They are quick to ship.... lol... i had my tracking number an hour after i ordered the part today, which reminded me i needed a rim strip which leads me to
#3, Carl is fucking awesome.

I called the 800# they have listed, and the conversation went thusly:

Carl: Thanks for calling ProCycle, this is Carl!
Me: Carl, My name is Jesse, and I ordered a chain guide a couple hours ago, and im wondering if i can add something to my order before it goes out?
Carl: Hang on a sec, the mailman has it....................... Ok what did you need to add?
Me: Awesome, I just need a 17" rim strip.
Carl: I'll toss it in for you and give this mailman the box i took away from him, have a good one!

madvlad
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 05:15 PM
That's service.

Wrider
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Wow very nice!

TinkerinWstuff
Tue Jul 19th, 2011, 11:25 PM
I bought their chain guide for my DR and am happy with it.

Just bought their shift lever so I'd have a spare. Decided to fit it up and found I needed to "adjust" it. No big deal.

Shipping has always been as fast or faster than your experience.

So many goodies on their site all organized by bike. The whole DR section of the website is my Christmas list.

PhL0aTeR
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 09:09 AM
I bought their chain guide for my DR and am happy with it.

good to hear you say that! i hear its noisy, mine is cracked, not sure how long its been that way.... lol... tracking says my oil filters and case armor shouldbe here today, chain guide and rim strip tomorrow.

TinkerinWstuff
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 12:20 PM
chain guide would be noisy if it wasn't aligned properly with the chain and rubbed on the side. There are washers included in the kit to shim the guide inline with the track of the chain. If it's not inline then the chain will rub on the side and cut it in half like a chainsaw over time.

My installation used all the shims(washers) as per the instructions. The first time I installed it, the bike was on the side stand (chain sagged to the side slightly) and I installed with one less shim than instructed. Once I started riding, I inspected and found wear on the side. Added the shim back in and - perfect. I do not notice any noise over my 90/10 street tire (so she runs smooth and quite).

Good luck!

PhL0aTeR
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 12:33 PM
awesome! Thanks for the tips