PDA

View Full Version : LONG ass ride from Denver to Bishops Castle 7/23/11

MilkMan
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 12:00 AM
Hey all, I was thinking of getting a few people together to do a ride down to Bishops Castle. Prob leave Denver @ 8, and leave the Shell station at S. Academy and 115 @ 9:30-10. I know a few guys in the springs that may want to join, so I was thinking just take I-25 to the springs then over to 115 to Florence, 67 to Sikes, 96 to McKenzie Junction, then 165 all the way to the castle. Depending on how tired people are we could just jump back on I-25 south of Pueblo and take that back, or double back the posted route. I'm probably going to stay in the springs for the night, so I'd have to break off there from the Denver folks. LMK guys and gals.
-Mick-

WolFeYeZ
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 12:41 PM
I would be somewhat interested depending on the day. Might also be a good idea to try to take some canyons on the way down even.

JustinP
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 12:44 PM
What day?

usmcab35
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 12:51 PM
hmmmm

Swift
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Thats a fun route. I'm a maybe.

MilkMan
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Christ how did I forget to put the day... I was planning on this Sat the 23rd. The only reason I was thinking of just heading down via 25 was to save some time to try to leave the circle k station on s academy and 115 by around 9:30-10:00. We could maybe take highway 83 down into the springs, well not a canyon roa it is a pretty fun ride! Sat is supposed to be the only day without rain this weekend so I want to put some miles on the gxsr!
-Mick-

Freelancz
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 07:57 PM
I may be in for this ride, have yet to venture that far south... Gonna see if i can get Drunktank out the house for this one...

OUTLAWD
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 08:09 PM
canyons down, 115/25 back up...only like a 8ish hr day then

Ezzzzy1
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 08:22 PM
I may be in for this ride, have yet to venture that far south... Gonna see if i can get Drunktank out the house for this one...

Tell him there are lots of bitches down there, works everytime....

Swift
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Eh if this is gonna be this saturday then count me out. I'm gonna go see how many people I can sweep up after behind Vellos.

MilkMan
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 11:14 PM
canyons down, 115/25 back up...only like a 8ish hr day then

Ya I dont know if I have the nerves for an 8 hour day! LOL! I think taking 83 down would be fun though! If anyone wants to join let me know and we can take 83 if not I'll just bomb down the highway (the boring way I know) and leave here a little later. LMK fellas!
-Mick-

Freelancz
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Tell him there are lots of bitches down there, works everytime....

You need to dust off your riding gear also...

MilkMan
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Eh if this is gonna be this saturday then count me out. I'm gonna go see how many people I can sweep up after behind Vellos.

Yikes! I hope on that aspect your wrong Swift! I dont like hearing and seeing all the downed rider pics and storys. Seems to be a common trend on Vellos ride alongs tho! :think: Some folks don't want to understand what "at your own pace" means...
-Mick-

Swift
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 12:20 AM
My hope is that with every dark comical post I make on these ride threads it will discourage n00bs from riding with us. New riders on this board should be scared about riding in a group. That way they will ride safer and in their comfort zones rather than going "Well if he can take that corner balls hanging out like a boss then I should be able to do a hand stand naked on my seat while going 135mph through the same bend".

MilkMan
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 12:25 AM
LOL Thats one way to look at it! I'm glad you guys let me tag along with you though. I have been riding for over 6 years, but not at that level in the mountains so I just take my time and slow up the sweeper!!! LOL!!! Me, Nutz, and another member (dont remember his handle but name was Lars) did a ride a few weekends ago, and that was a blast! I still took up the end, but wasn't having to dodge people like Grim or Outlaw, so that was kind of nice! LOL! Sux to hear everyone going down in prime time riding season, well at least when its not fucking raining...
-Mick-

Ezzzzy1
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 08:42 AM
You need to dust off your riding gear also...

Lol. Took a mini break, busy making the paper foo!

If this shiz was going down on sunday i would rock out with yall....
If saturday is a no-go let me know.

grim
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 09:18 AM
I still took up the end, but wasn't having to dodge people like Grim or Outlaw, so that was kind of nice!
-Mick-

???? Are you implying that i went down and someone had to dodge me?

Where was i when this happened?

Ezzzzy1
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 09:47 AM

Down turbo! Pretty sure there is a video floating around of you dodging a rider...

MilkMan
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 04:05 PM

No no not at all. Sorry that came out that way, I meant as in how you and outlaw had to dodge the couple guys that went down in the last few weeks in front of you. I re read what I wrote and see how that could have been understood the wrong way. Sorry man! No hard feelings!
-Mick-

MilkMan
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 04:11 PM
Would this work better for everyone to do it on Sunday? I'd like to get a decent group of folks together as it's supposed to be a really fun ride so lmk what date works better for those that are interested. Thank you! After I get opinions I'll edit the thread title to the correct date.
-Mick-

Ezzzzy1
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 04:37 PM
Totally want to do this but this weekend is just too full. Lunch with my bro thats in town just dropped right smack in the middle of the day. Damn.

grim
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 06:22 PM
No no not at all. Sorry that came out that way, I meant as in how you and outlaw had to dodge the couple guys that went down in the last few weeks in front of you. I re read what I wrote and see how that could have been understood the wrong way. Sorry man! No hard feelings! .

:lol: no worries i was lust like with is he talking about? besides it wouldn't be the first time someone thought i went down when I didn't when outlawed had to dodge the dude on the gixer matty on here thought it was me who went down.

have a good time on your ride mine is at the crack ass of dawn (the one nobody but madvlad goes on) :bananna:

MilkMan
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 06:53 PM
Ok just gonna stick to sat. If anyone from Denver/castle rock wants to go let's meet at the conoco in castle rock (the main exit not sure the street name) at 8:15 KSU 8:25 no later than 8:30. Then well leave the circle k in the springs (s academy and 115) no later than 10:00. Hope to see some of you there! Lmk if you plan to go so I know who to look/wait for at each stop.
-Mick-

Cap'n Crunch
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 08:18 PM
LOL Thats one way to look at it! I'm glad you guys let me tag along with you though. I have been riding for over 6 years, but not at that level in the mountains so I just take my time and slow up the sweeper!!! LOL!!! Me, Nutz, and another member (dont remember his handle but name was Lars) did a ride a few weekends ago, and that was a blast! I still took up the end, but wasn't having to dodge people like Grim or Outlaw, so that was kind of nice! LOL! Sux to hear everyone going down in prime time riding season, well at least when its not fucking raining...
-Mick-

What's up Mick? That's me - I was on the ride a couple of weeks ago with you and Nutz. That was good times for sure.
I'm not sure I am going to have enough time to get a Bishops Castle run in this weekend, but let me see what I can work out. I was thinking of dropping one of the bikes off at a shop to get a little work done on saturday morning - so if I do that I won't be able to get a early start on saturday. I definatley need to ride this weekend, I just gotta figure out when I am going to get all my other stuff done. I'll let you know what my plan is.

madvlad
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 08:22 PM
:lol: no worries i was lust like with is he talking about? besides it wouldn't be the first time someone thought i went down when I didn't when outlawed had to dodge the dude on the gixer matty on here thought it was me who went down.

have a good time on your ride mine is at the crack ass of dawn (the one nobody but madvlad goes on) :bananna:

Very few of us are early birds brah lol... is this ride taking place sat or sun?

kat.luvs.sportbikes
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 08:25 PM
My hope is that with every dark comical post I make on these ride threads it will discourage n00bs from riding with us. New riders on this board should be scared about riding in a group. That way they will ride safer and in their comfort zones rather than going "Well if he can take that corner balls hanging out like a boss then I should be able to do a hand stand naked on my seat while going 135mph through the same bend".

That's why I ride in the end of the group and at least a mile away from my front rider. Need the space to go thru, especially on those curves!
God Bless all riders! :angel:

grim
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 08:29 PM
Very few of us are early birds brah lol... is this ride taking place sat or sun?

saturday

kat.luvs.sportbikes
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 08:29 PM
My, this ride sounds so tempting because I've never been to Bishops Castle!!! Hmmmm
Also meeting new people will be great!

madvlad
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 08:37 PM
Ahhh work again... I gotta stop taking on so many shifts and get to riding the R1 instead lol. You guys have fun though

NUTZ
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 08:41 PM
I'd totally be up for this if I didn't have to work in the afternoon :( Enjoy the ride Mick!

Clovis
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 10:55 PM
Just to clarify, you are talking about the gas station at the end of Academy (aka Hwy 83) and 115 by the Safeway, correct? That's where we usually meet for a Castle run. Leave by 10am?

Clovis
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 11:17 PM

kat.luvs.sportbikes
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 11:33 PM
I'll make it up on the next Bishop Castle Ride. :-)

Ezzzzy1
Fri Jul 22nd, 2011, 02:40 AM
:lol: no worries i was lust like with is he talking about? besides it wouldn't be the first time someone thought i went down when I didn't when outlawed had to dodge the dude on the gixer matty on here thought it was me who went down. :bananna:

Drink and type much? :D:cheers::D

MilkMan
Fri Jul 22nd, 2011, 02:46 AM
Just to clarify, you are talking about the gas station at the end of Academy (aka Hwy 83) and 115 by the Safeway, correct? That's where we usually meet for a Castle run. Leave by 10am?

Yep far far south Academy and 115 near Ft.Carson. I should be there around 9:30 and KSU around 10:00 no later than 10:15. Should be a good time!

And sorry for all the confusing posts, but yes this will be this Sat the 23rd of July!! For those that may be coming from Denver/Castle Rock/Ect., meet at the Castle Rock Conoco off the main exit (the one you take to the Outlets) @ 8:00 leaving there no later than 8:15am!
-Mick-

CELO
Fri Jul 22nd, 2011, 04:34 PM
Wanting to meet up with you guys down here in the springs, is there an address for the shell station. I think that I know where it is but I just wanna make sure it's the right place. Also trying to get more ppl to ride with me, up to 2/3 so far. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Clovis
Fri Jul 22nd, 2011, 04:43 PM
Just take Academy all the way south just past Pikes Peak Community College. At the very end there is a Safeway shopping center on the right hand side and the Shell gas station is in there.

You can either take Academy south from anywhere in town or just take I-25 south and get off on the South Academy exit -- it's about 3 miles west of I-25.

The address for Safeway:

6520 South Academy Boulevard
Colorado Springs, CO 80906(719) 527-0146

CELO
Fri Jul 22nd, 2011, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the clarification.

CELO
Fri Jul 22nd, 2011, 06:20 PM
Just courious, what's the head count so far? Me +2...

Corporate MacGyver
Fri Jul 22nd, 2011, 06:28 PM
I was on these roads a few years ago.. and it was a great ride ... Unless something comes up... I'll join the group in Castle Rock... but will transition home tomorrow afternoon instead of staying in the springs..

If you depart CR and I'm not there... and if you are KSU in Springs and I'm not there... DONT wait for me...

PM me if any of you want my cell phone # ...

Zoom Zoom

Clovis
Fri Jul 22nd, 2011, 08:46 PM
I'm in. See you at 9:30

Also, I guess it's a Circle K and not a Shell.

Either way its the only gas station there. Just look for Safeway.

Cap'n Crunch
Fri Jul 22nd, 2011, 09:06 PM
Mick - I won't be able to make this one - I'm going to drop off my bike at TFOG in the morning so I probably won't get out on the bike till afternoon. Have a great ride man.

CELO
Sat Jul 23rd, 2011, 02:54 PM
That's was an awesome ride! ...until that effin cowboy narked on us.
It was a pleasure riding w/ and meeting all of you. It was an awesome turn out and no one went down. Looking forward to doing it again.

Clovis
Sat Jul 23rd, 2011, 04:16 PM
So what happened to you Mick? We waited around until 10:20 for you.

WHTEVO
Sat Jul 23rd, 2011, 07:31 PM
Yup, it was a awesome ride for sure.

Aaron

CELO
Sat Jul 23rd, 2011, 08:43 PM
A corporate magiver, really looking forward to seeing me in some of your gopro vids...

Scuba_Steve
Sat Jul 23rd, 2011, 11:28 PM
Good times. :yes:

Clovis
Sat Jul 23rd, 2011, 11:42 PM
Nvm, saw your post on CRN.

Corporate MacGyver
Sun Jul 24th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Reviewing the video now... DAMN... the GoPro is awesome...

I've got to quickly learn to edit video... and music tracts.. and it will be on YouTube ...

:)

Clovis
Sun Jul 24th, 2011, 10:44 PM
I'm pretty good at video editing if you want to send me the raw files. I can even ad some 'splosions in if you like.

Zenshu
Sun Jul 24th, 2011, 10:48 PM
What program do you use for the GoPro videos? Every program I have tried leaves it choppy if I try to edit it.

Clovis
Sun Jul 24th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Doesn't GoPro come with its own software? I know for the 3D kit it does at least.

For editing in general I use sony vegas.

Zenshu
Sun Jul 24th, 2011, 11:29 PM
The Motorsports GoPro kit I got didn't have software =(, I was really hoping you weren't going to say vegas cause that's expensive lol.

NUTZ
Mon Jul 25th, 2011, 07:02 PM
I use Vegas HD9, You can try it free for 30 days and if you like it it's only $45.00.