PDA

View Full Version : AIS Block Off Plates/Air Filter Install

oh10raven
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Anyone on here have experience installing AIS block off plates? I'm mechanically challenged and would like to get some help/guidance on the install of these and a BMC air filter. I don't have tools or space to do this, but do have $$$ for anyone interested in helping.

I'll have the parts by tomorrow and would love to get them installed any time after that. I've found pretty decent instructions on how to do this for my bike, 2010 Yamaha R1.

I know a shop can do this as well, but I’d like to get some insight on the process and maybe save a little $$$.

I'm located in central Denver, but willing to travel.

Thanks!

Zach929rr
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 01:13 PM
I probably won't be doing too much this weekend. I'm in Littleton and can give you a hand.

Mother Goose
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 01:51 PM
I've put on the block offs on my 2008 R1. The 2 years should be pretty similar. If you can wait till first weekend in August, I could give you a hand.

oh10raven
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 01:57 PM
That was quick, thanks for the responses guys.

Zach if you've got the time, tools and some mechanical knowledge I'd love to take you up on that offer. I'll be available Thursday afternoon-evening, Friday evening, Saturday and possibly Sunday morning. If any of those times work with your schedule, let me know.

Goose, if it doesn't work out with Zach I'll let you know.

Mother Goose
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Cool. It's pretty straight forward, it's just a pain in the ass tightening down the bolts for the plates.

Zach929rr
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 02:49 PM
I'll shoot you a PM when I can figure out what will jive, but one of those days will certainly work. Tentatively, Friday evening sounds like a winner.

oh10raven
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Sounds good! Let me know what kind of beer/drink you like.

oh10raven
Sat Jul 23rd, 2011, 03:10 PM
Zach I got the block off plates installed today. My dad and his friend ended up tackling the job with me. It wasn't bad at all, if you have the right tools. Thanks for the offer.

Ted
Sat Jul 23rd, 2011, 05:30 PM
Zach I got the block off plates installed today. My dad and his friend ended up tackling the job with me. It wasn't bad at all, if you have the right tools. Thanks for the offer.

Hopefully he [Dad] got a case of beer out of this ..... lol

oh10raven
Sat Jul 23rd, 2011, 06:15 PM
They're Jack drinkers and yes they did.:yes: