PDA

View Full Version : scooters

mdub
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Y'know how we share a lane when getting close to a signal light most of the time? Well last nite i was approaching Evans on University southbound. Scooter guy on right side of lane with me. He can clearly see me coming up next to him. I was going slow since it was a red light. Light turns green. Scooter wants to go left. Luckily i was passing him up cause f'ker almost hit me. I was really pissed. Y'know that piss feeling that you wanna go after kinda feeling....

brennahm
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Are you looking for sympathy?

Ted
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 09:00 PM
I think scoot had right of way ...? Sounds like he was ahead of you. If you had hit the scoot, i believe you would be at fault......

Sully
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 09:07 PM
If I am approaching a stop and there is another bike in front of me (that I am not riding with), I am respectful to give them their space and stay behind them but to the right or left of them so they know I'm there. I had a Hardley stop dead next to me in my lane, then take off before me.. I was like :wtf: So I can only imagine how the person on the Scooter felt. :bigeyes:

grim
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 09:13 PM
why would you want to "share" a lane with a scooter?

mdub
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 09:47 PM
i was going home.

i slowly got neck to neck with him and luckily enuff i pass him far enuff. when i saw green i took off. gladly i did, or he would of hit me. I did hear him freak out, cause it was a close call. I dunno , i just cant believe he was oblivious to my presence.

and nah....i'm not looking for sympathy. Just sharing my experience on the road

JustinP
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 09:54 PM
If I am approaching a stop and there is another bike in front of me (that I am not riding with), I am respectful to give them their space and stay behind them but to the right or left of them so they know I'm there. I had a Hardley stop dead next to me in my lane, then take off before me.. I was like :wtf: So I can only imagine how the person on the Scooter felt. :bigeyes:

+1

If I am not riding with you, and you are not expecting me next to you at a light, I stay a bike length behind at lights.

Pull up next to me you get the WTF gesture :twisted:

madvlad
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 09:58 PM
I wont lie, I wave to scooters and even harleys... most dont wave back but oh well lol

Ezzzzy1
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 10:22 PM
I wont lie, I wave to scooters and even harleys... most dont wave back but oh well lol

One of my motorcycle pet-peeves is waving to the scooters! Lol. Everytime i accidently do it I laugh at myself :)

OUTLAWD
Wed Jul 20th, 2011, 11:15 PM
I think scoot had right of way ...? Sounds like he was ahead of you. If you had hit the scoot, i believe you would be at fault......

you and your logic have no place here

mdub
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 06:26 AM
i just had to vent about that shit..I just may have to stay on roads where there are no scooters.

spdu4ia
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 06:28 AM
i always laugh at myself when I wave at a scooter thinking its a real bike. I do wave at harleys though (50/50 wave back).

mdub
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 06:35 AM
i don;t acknowledge them at all....

there should be a law if they see a real bike coming it should move to the next lane.

Bueller
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 06:39 AM
You cut the guy off and you're pissed?

mdub
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 06:46 AM
I don't see it as cutting him off. i was on his left side going straight.. he turns left just as i pass his turning front wheel, nearly nicking me. Yeah it tick me off...C'mon my hi-beams were on.

Bueller
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 07:05 AM
You encroached into his lane/space and took away his right of way, so yea you are the one at fault.

madvlad
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 07:09 AM
Well he was there first and you came up, just like a car gotta anticipate the moves and wait cho turn brah brah... and don't get carried away with the crowd of scooter haters. They're a vehicle just like we are on the road like it or not.

Jmetz
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 07:18 AM
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/1228/scootin2.jpg

Sully
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 08:34 AM
oh sheet.. Jmetz on a scooter.. look out!!! :lol:

Zach929rr
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 08:43 AM
oh CSC

Keyser Soze
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 08:53 AM

there should be a law if they see a real bike coming it should move to the next lane.

A real bike :lol: I guarantee you there are guys out there on scooters that can out ride your inconsiderate ass :lol:

madvlad
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 08:57 AM
A real bike :lol: I guarantee you there are guys out there on scooters that can out ride your inconsiderate ass :lol:

+1... just cause you have 550+cc don't mean squat lol

PhL0aTeR
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 08:59 AM
read from a local scooter forum:

Y'know how we those motorcycle guys never wave to us when we wave? Well last nite i was at the intersection of Evans on University southbound. This jerk on a crotch rocket pulls up kinda behind me and to my left. He can clearly see me stopped at the stoplight, occupying my own lane. He was going slow for whatever reason, not even coming to a complete stop. Light turns green. I wanted to go left. This bastard passes me up in my own FREAKIN LANE and I almost hit him. I was really pissed. Y'know that piss feeling that you wanna go after kinda feeling....

Bueller
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 09:00 AM
Apparently he didn't notice he had his brights on.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 09:08 AM
now that right thar is funny phloater! :lol:

grim
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 09:12 AM
read from a local scooter forum:

:lol: I think i saw that forum wasnt it www.Douchwagons.org

Mother Goose
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 09:15 AM
Do you pull up next to Smart Cars too, just because they don't fill up the whole lane? :wtf:

madvlad
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 09:34 AM
Lmao owned....

SumoWeezle
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 10:39 AM
Do you pull up next to Smart Cars too, just because they don't fill up the whole lane? :wtf:

why you gotta go pullin me into this? :mrt:

:D

brennahm
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 10:57 AM
Apparently he didn't notice he had his brights on.

I don't think there was ANY brightness to be had during this incident.

Ricky
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 11:02 AM
Just because a lane is technically 3 lanes for bikes, doesn't mean that you automatically have the right to use half of a lane when another bike is using the other half. Every rider has use of the entire lane, and it's not your right to overtake that person. That person can give you that ability, sure. But when you are in back, it's not your right to take over that person't use of the lane. Hell, I won't even pull up next to another sportbike at a stop light (unless I know the person) out of sheer respect that he arrived there first. Once we take off and his ass is riding too slow, I'll blow past him in the proper manner. But just because 2 bikes fit in a lane, doesn't mean you should just take over someone else's space.

Besides, didn't anyone ever teach you how to turn on a motorcycle? You're supposed to start from the outside of the turn like the scooter did.

grim
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 11:11 AM
Me thinks its safe to say that Venting on this forum (especially when your in the wrong) is not the best place to vent.....just sayin

:applause:

cptschlongenheimer
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 11:59 AM
We just encourage responsible venting... ;)

Keyser Soze
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 01:09 PM
Me thinks its safe to say that Venting on this forum (especially when your in the wrong) is not the best place to vent.....just sayin

:applause:

Venting and admitting you made a douche move are 2 totally different things. Just sayin.

grim
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 01:13 PM
Venting and admitting you made a douche move are 2 totally different things. Just sayin.

Well he did both he clearly stated he was just venting...Just sayin.

WolFeYeZ
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 01:18 PM
Oh, I have a vent.

WTF were 9 scooters doing on P2P a couple weekends ago looking like a leather train... with a good 10 cars behind them. I hate you scooters.

Zach929rr
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 01:49 PM
scoots gonna scoot

Ghosty
Sun Feb 26th, 2012, 10:03 AM
If I am not riding with you, and you are not expecting me next to you at a light, I stay a bike length behind at lights.
Same here.

P2P scooter train? Are scooters even allowed on public highways? :p

BC14
Sun Feb 26th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Perhaps a rolling burn-out would've notified him of your presence? :dunno: and fail for passing on the left from a stop... Like passing a snow plow on the right. Not gonna end well.

Bashed
Sun Feb 26th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Y'know how we share a lane when getting close to a signal light most of the time? Well last nite i was approaching Evans on University southbound. Scooter guy on right side of lane with me. He can clearly see me coming up next to him. I was going slow since it was a red light. Light turns green. Scooter wants to go left. Luckily i was passing him up cause f'ker almost hit me. I was really pissed. Y'know that piss feeling that you wanna go after kinda feeling....

Quoted for douchery!

I did hear him freak out, cause it was a close call. I dunno , i just cant believe he was oblivious to my presence.

So you freak this dude out and can't belive he didn't notice your awesomeness.....

There are laws yeilding the right of way, which you violated.
You also violate the law of thinking you and your bike are the "real" deal.

When someone cuts you off and you wreck, and it will happen, trust me, by the way you describe how you ride in this thread, consider it payback.
Please feel free to come here and share again, we all will enjoy another laugh at your expense.

And yes, I ride a scooter. At least I did till it got ripped off by someone else who thought they are the real deal.

#1Townie
Sun Feb 26th, 2012, 02:11 PM
hahaha guys this thread is like a year old. i think you can cut him some slack at this point. DICKS! lol

biikChiQ
Sun Feb 26th, 2012, 02:42 PM
^agreed

grim
Sun Feb 26th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Bashed was just venting because he's pissed that his scoot was stolen.

#1Townie
Sun Feb 26th, 2012, 06:15 PM
haha bashed is just old and cant read the smaller text.

mdub
Thu Apr 12th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Re: scooters
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdub http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=590737#post590737)

Quoted for douchery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdub http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=590748#post590748)
I did hear him freak out, cause it was a close call. I dunno , i just cant believe he was oblivious to my presence.

So you freak this dude out and can't belive he didn't notice your awesomeness.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdub http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=590820#post590820)

There are laws yeilding the right of way, which you violated.
You also violate the law of thinking you and your bike are the "real" deal.

When someone cuts you off and you wreck, and it will happen, trust me, by the way you describe how you ride in this thread, consider it payback.
Please feel free to come here and share again, we all will enjoy another laugh at your expense.

And yes, I ride a scooter. At least I did till it got ripped off by someone else who thought they are the real deal.

Your absolutely right. Scooters are awesome. I must've had a grt day at work or something to lash out on your true love for scooting....pffft....

grim
Thu Apr 12th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Your absolutely right. Scooters are awesome. I must've had a grt day at work or something to lash out on your true love for scooting....pffft....

3 months for a comeback? :wtf:

mdub
Thu Apr 12th, 2012, 07:15 PM
i just saw it when i looking for a thread that had "what music do you listen to while riding" and i thought it would be under misc bike talk..

Samko
Thu Apr 12th, 2012, 07:22 PM

Punching a guy on a scooter would be like punching a guy with jar bottom glasses, just wrong.

Mother Goose
Thu Apr 12th, 2012, 07:25 PM
http://youtu.be/KjKRQ_OqCCw

grim
Thu Apr 12th, 2012, 07:30 PM
http://youtu.be/KjKRQ_OqCCw

:spit: