PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on a Multistrada 1200

Bull RRider
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 06:41 PM
I was thinking about getting a slighty used MTS 1200S with2600 miles for $18500 It has top case and panniers. It has all recalls complete. I am wondering what ur thoughts are on price and pitfalls for Ducs.

salsashark
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 07:01 PM
With the top case, that's not a bad price.

I love mine. I picked it up last fall and I've put 6600+ miles on it. I rode it to Yellowstone in June and I'm out in Monterey for the MotoGP. I rode it out yesterday. Just shy of 900 miles yesterday, just over 400 today.

The only downside, for me, is that it made me sell my speed triple :D

Honestly, the 1200s is a great bike. I never thought I'd use the 4 modes, but I do. I keep it in urban while commuting, and I was riding fire roads up in summit county a couple of weeks ago in enduro. Sport and touring... Obvious uses.

Bashed
Thu Jul 21st, 2011, 07:51 PM
If I had the $ I would get a Multistrada or a Moto Guzzi Selvito. For a road-going adventure type bike, those Italians sure can build a sexy bike.

Bull RRider
Fri Jul 22nd, 2011, 05:14 AM
i had the opportunity to check out a Stelvio it was sexy and priced well at 13 for new model without ABS. The little pop out storage pocket is super sweet and can hold more than the phone of the MTS. Seat height felt great for short guy like me, but after a ride it didn't put that ear to ear grin of the Duc. Im not sure it is just mental, but i just dont like something about shaft drives i have ridden: S.Tenere, Stelvio, & GS Adventure. Or maybe its just the power weight ratio.

Sean
Fri Jul 22nd, 2011, 07:32 AM
Wow, those bikes ain't cheap!

Bashed
Fri Jul 22nd, 2011, 08:33 AM
Moto Guzzi is blowing out thier 09/10 stock. Word on the web is 10,700-10,900 for a new Stelvio. Making room for the new ones coming in. The new NTX Stelvio with the bigger tank, revised engine, is blowing away the BMW GSA in the comparision tests. Plus there is no final drive failures like on the BMW.

Sean
Fri Jul 22nd, 2011, 08:52 AM
Moto Guzzi is blowing out thier 09/10 stock. Word on the web is 10,700-10,900 for a new Stelvio. Making room for the new ones coming in. The new NTX Stelvio with the bigger tank, revised engine, is blowing away the BMW GSA in the comparision tests. Plus there is no final drive failures like on the BMW.Looks similar to the Super Tenere to me. A little more road worthy than off-road. 550 lbs wet @ 105hp is better than i thought. How is the suspension on the Guzzi? I couldn't find any real reviews other than stating it has adjusters on the forks.

Personally, life doesn't get better than a 2011 KTM990Adv R :drool:

kogary
Fri Jul 22nd, 2011, 11:09 AM
It's a beautiful bike for sure. I sat on one at Erico a few weeks back and they have awesome erogs! Best of luck with your decision :)