PDA

View Full Version : HPR 7/29

TransNone13
Wed Jul 27th, 2011, 07:43 AM
Anyone from CoS going? I have room for another bike and would like to split gas >.<.

CaneZach
Wed Jul 27th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Kyle, I'll be up there

TransNone13
Wed Jul 27th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Would you like to car pool?

PS Could you help me out with safety wiring the RC?

CaneZach
Wed Jul 27th, 2011, 08:38 AM
I would car pool, but I'm staying up there so I csn race on Saturday.

I can help you safety-wire the bike, but it'll have to be next week. Do you have a vice and drill? If you want, you can bring the bike over to my house one day and we can knock it out.

TransNone13
Wed Jul 27th, 2011, 08:47 AM
I would car pool, but I'm staying up there so I csn race on Saturday.

I can help you safety-wire the bike, but it'll have to be next week. Do you have a vice and drill? If you want, you can bring the bike over to my house one day and we can knock it out.

I have a drill, and a vice I think in the shed. Just a heads up, there's a lot of weird/new shit on this bike. ie It has an oil cooler, wtf?

CaneZach
Wed Jul 27th, 2011, 08:53 AM
I have a drill, and a vice I think in the shed. Just a heads up, there's a lot of weird/new shit on this bike. ie It has an oil cooler, wtf?

Ok, no worries. I can help you next week Thurs-Sat. We'll get your bike squared away.

OUTLAWD
Wed Jul 27th, 2011, 08:56 AM
soft jaws for the vise are your friend...surprised that thing didn't come pre drilled.

spideyrdr
Wed Jul 27th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Kyle, I plan to get out there Friday evening around 7:30 / 8:00 and plan to camp. Are you going to stay overnight or are you just out for the trackday?

TransNone13
Wed Jul 27th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Is that a camping buddy offer?

TransNone13
Wed Jul 27th, 2011, 12:19 PM
soft jaws for the vise are your friend...surprised that thing didn't come pre drilled.

Some did... but I'm guessing that the MRA is more strict than the FIM regulations? KTM claims it's ready for FIM racing out the door...

UglyDogRacing
Wed Jul 27th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Some did... but I'm guessing that the MRA is more strict than the FIM regulations? KTM claims it's ready for FIM racing out the door...

MRA has almost the same rules as every other club in the country regarding safety wiring. Professional organizations have rules that are less stringent.

spideyrdr
Wed Jul 27th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Is that a camping buddy offer?

Are you coming on to me?

I'll be there, that's all I am saying. If you feel like pitching a tent next to me, feel free.

Wait... that isn't right.

TransNone13
Wed Jul 27th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Are you coming on to me?

I'll be there, that's all I am saying. If you feel like pitching a tent next to me, feel free.

Wait... that isn't right.

Lol, nice...

MRA has almost the same rules as every other club in the country regarding safety wiring. Professional organizations have rules that are less stringent.

That's explains it.

spideyrdr
Wed Jul 27th, 2011, 01:38 PM

Maxime Berger of WSBK might be wiring a bit more than the minimum nowadays.

http://blogs.insideline.com/straightline/assets/well%20theres%20your%20problem.jpg

(I realize that might have been a mechanical failure but still reminds me why safety wire is a good thing).

TransNone13
Wed Jul 27th, 2011, 01:40 PM
OK Jamie, how do you intend on using safety wire to prevent the wheel from failing... You're ridiculous.

Nice ninja disclaimer.

COS Mille
Wed Jul 27th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Oh hell yea, see you all up there, the 4 hour is gonna be a blast! Heading up Friday night, race on Sat!

spideyrdr
Wed Jul 27th, 2011, 10:17 PM
OK Jamie, how do you intend on using safety wire to prevent the wheel from failing... You're ridiculous.

Nice ninja disclaimer.

The wheel MIGHT have fallen off because the axle bolt spun free. Safety wire would have prevented that.

But, yeah, I ninja'ed the disclaimer real good! They apparently were saying the hub broke or something.

TransNone13
Thu Jul 28th, 2011, 12:25 AM
It was toast. The "spokes" sheared off the hoop.

https://farm6.static.flickr.com/5108/5576530131_24d76c0ae8.jpg

CaneZach
Thu Jul 28th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Oh hell yea, see you all up there, the 4 hour is gonna be a blast! Heading up Friday night, race on Sat!

Are you doing the trackday on Friday? If so, I'll see you up there!

matt2778
Thu Jul 28th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Are you doing the trackday on Friday? If so, I'll see you up there!

I'll be there Saturday. I'll waive as I pass you

CaneZach
Thu Jul 28th, 2011, 06:01 PM

When you walk by my pit? That's nice of you! :lol:

OUTLAWD
Fri Jul 29th, 2011, 12:14 AM

osnap!

When you walk by my pit? That's nice of you! :lol:

:spit:

you guys doing team or solo?

I'll be out there on the rolling orange brake marker holding everyone up ;)

spideyrdr
Fri Jul 29th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Where ya at Kyle?

TransNone13
Sat Jul 30th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Sorry dude, I was pretty delirious from yesterday. I did the full day and was on the track more than off. I have blisters on my palms and all that good stuff lol. Was fun, kept it up, but I had to go home and recover.

spideyrdr
Sat Jul 30th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Sorry dude, I was pretty delirious from yesterday. I did the full day and was on the track more than off. I have blisters on my palms and all that good stuff lol. Was fun, kept it up, but I had to go home and recover.

No problem, glad to hear Friday was so full. I'll see you out there sometime!

TransNone13
Sat Jul 30th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Did the on track evaluation with Jeff. He said I did well and to complete my packet. So ill play it by ear on when my track bike is ready to finish all the stuff for my license.