PDA

View Full Version : CO Supermoto Shootout RD 7 - SUN 31 - IMI

brennahm
Wed Jul 27th, 2011, 02:03 PM
This Sunday the Colorado Supermoto Shootout (http://www.cosupermoto.com/) will be holding Round 7 at IMI just north of Denver. Many of you may know who/what it is, others can check the above link.

Come on out! Pits are entirely open and if you want to come hang send me a PM, may even have an extra chair for you. Fast racing, exciting jumps, and we're done by 1!

Those of you with supermotos or dirt bikes NEED TO COME RACE! I will even prep your damn bike if you show up early enough or contact me to do so this week! Yes, I'm talking to PaulieP, Bodhizfa, Dr. Joe, and you other DR-Z guys. Ricky, get your ass out there. Knobbies are fine. Last year our class was won by a guy on a CRF150R, stock.

vort3xr6
Wed Jul 27th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Real men race their bowels to the bathroom.

brennahm
Wed Jul 27th, 2011, 03:18 PM
I do both.

Bueller
Thu Jul 28th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Just a heads up guys, they are out here redoing the entry rhythm section, the triple is looking good!

brennahm
Thu Jul 28th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Hmmm...

vort3xr6
Thu Jul 28th, 2011, 03:08 PM
uh oh. Sounds like they are trying to separate the boys from the men. Henry, which side you gonna be on?

drago52
Sat Jul 30th, 2011, 11:01 PM
I'm planning on watching some of the racing tomorrow. When is a good time to show up? I don't have all day, so maybe just an hour or two. Who is racing from the CSC? (Numbers, bike description, name, etc.)

brennahm
Sat Jul 30th, 2011, 11:30 PM
You kiddin' me? I'll be throwin bows and center punching every asshole I see right off the track...

Ryan, I'll be there, yellow DR-Z #352, you're more than welcome to come hang for a bit. Practice at 815, heats at 9, races at 11. If I were you, I'd shoot to get there right at 11 and you can enjoy as many races as you like. Bring water, it should be a warm one, even for only an hour or two.

drago52
Sun Jul 31st, 2011, 08:47 AM
lol Ok, sounds good. I'll try to be there around 11.

drago52
Sun Jul 31st, 2011, 01:50 PM
I watched for a little bit on the other side of the track. It looks super fun. I'd like to get a sumo, but would have to sell the zx6r first. here's a vid of the first lap of one of the races.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFEVzr0FgWY

Quite a big difference in ability between the front runners and the back markers. Looked pretty freakin' sweet.

brennahm
Mon Aug 1st, 2011, 09:30 AM
Glad you enjoyed it Ryan! I saw a couple people throughout the day out where you were standing.

Yes, there is a large disparity between our new racers and the veterans. We have multiple guys who raced AMA Supermoto when it existed and did quite well. There was even a guy from CA there this weekend who raced AMA quite a bit. On the other hand, we have people come out who in some cases have never even been on a track. It's a very open series with something for everyone.

vort3xr6
Mon Aug 1st, 2011, 11:01 AM
Congrats on the win Henry. It's too bad I couldn't be there to gift it to you.

brennahm
Mon Aug 1st, 2011, 12:40 PM
Dude, that little kid Timmy on the green Kawi 2-stroke is getting ridiculous fast. He took third.

Zach929rr
Mon Aug 1st, 2011, 01:46 PM
Dude, that little kid Timmy on the green Kawi 2-stroke is getting ridiculous fast. He took third.

Bullshit.

Good for him in that case. F'in A!

brennahm
Mon Aug 1st, 2011, 02:07 PM
Seriously, that kid on a real bike is going to be nuts. He was tripling a jump that only a few other guys were hitting...and he's on a play bike.

vort3xr6
Mon Aug 1st, 2011, 02:18 PM
Did you hit the double and the triple henry?

Repsol a095
Mon Aug 1st, 2011, 02:36 PM
I heard that he chickened out!

brennahm
Mon Aug 1st, 2011, 05:33 PM
I double-singled. And not even until the race.

vort3xr6
Mon Aug 1st, 2011, 06:49 PM
I rode there friday and I was like FUCK THAT. Those things were gnarly big.