Dude how are you?!

UPDATE PLEASE!

Hows the bike too..

japrules
Fri May 27th, 2005, 06:22 AM
Dude how are you?!

UPDATE PLEASE!

Hows the bike too..

in a lot of pain... left arm is not useable at the moment and lower back is in pain.. bike looked pretty trashed. i lost my brake lever going into 4 or whatever that is... my fault. only one hand to type gotta go.. probably get xray today.

jap

Bueller
Fri May 27th, 2005, 07:23 AM
I guess no one saw it, cause I saw you over on the otherside of the tire wall, but I didn't see a bike, so I wasn't sure what the hell you were doing there :? looking for a contact lens :lol: Then I didn't see you next time around, thought you were gone, then next time I see you again, with helmet off and sitting down and then when I came up the compression turn I caught a glimpse of the bike, thats when I went to get Bob.
If that kind of thing happens and especially if your f'ed up get someones attention, when you were up and walking around everyone assumed you were taking pic's or something since the bike was out of view, no one knew you had crashed. :oops:
Good luck at the saw bones, and with the bike (didn't look good).
D

Bertha
Fri May 27th, 2005, 09:14 AM
DAMNIT! THat sucks! Did you have safety wire on your lever? Or did the thing just fall off?

Hope things are not as bad as they may look/sound.

japrules
Fri May 27th, 2005, 12:20 PM
DAMNIT! THat sucks! Did you have safety wire on your lever? Or did the thing just fall off?

Hope things are not as bad as they may look/sound.

no, i didn't know you could do it with small bolts like that... i thought i locktited them but maybe not.. they were new levers which i did ppir with...

broken arm and i am badly bruised.. i will live.. i don't know about the bike yet.. its pretty mangled.. i will drag it to tk this weekend to find out if the frame is tweeked.. i bet it is... it was a hi speed off..

i didn't know u guys didn't know... i was just keeling over from pain and shock.. probably looked like an idiot...

this one hand typinG SUCKS.

oh, its a bad break.. at elbow joint.. so i may be out for awhile.

Bueller
Fri May 27th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Sucks to hear, broken elbow is not good, if you need help getting the bike over there, let me know I can give you a hand.

Dysco
Fri May 27th, 2005, 12:25 PM
faaaaaaaaaaaaaack. If you need help with getting the bike to TK or whatever, call my lame ass.

japrules
Fri May 27th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Thanks guys.. bike is on trailer.. so i can manage.. nice to know help is available.. might need some help putting it back together if its salvageable.. at the moment im questioning whether i will continue at all.. pretty f&cking scary to reach for the lever and have it flop off... if anybody finds it id like to see it.. should be outside of turn 4 its blue.

i feel like an idiot for letting this happen.. it was unnecessary.

Oh, I don't know the name of the guy who gave me advil and iceback and offered to drive me home... but thanks very very much.. and thanks to Joe L & Phillip and track Bob.. Bob has a great bedside manner.. he knew I was freaking a bit.

Oh and my dog Oliver for licking me on the way home ;)
jap

Hoopty
Fri May 27th, 2005, 12:54 PM
I bet you could sell your motor to jontflesh if the bike isn't salvageable. :D Glad to hear you're ok for the most part. :) I had a brake lever issue once too. I was at TK getting fresh tires put on before heading to SCR, and as I was unloading the bike by myself, I grabbed the front brake and the lever just snapped right off. :shock: I have no idea why, there didn't even appear to be damage to the lever, but it just broke right off. :o It freaked me out enough to just give up for the day, that was a big enough sign for me not to ride. :wtf:

nileator01
Fri May 27th, 2005, 03:18 PM
That was Dan Audette that gave you the Ice and such.

Yeah, when Bob pulled up with you in his truck, you opened the door to get out and pretty much just fell out. You looked really bad. So we helped you get out of your leathers and such.

I knew your arm was broken when I saw it. That thing was looking nasty!

Rest up good this weekend. You'll start felling better soon!

~Barn~
Fri May 27th, 2005, 04:16 PM
Damn bro... That sounds like a freaky thing to have happen. Like... freakier than most get offs! :shock:

Glad you're alright though. Enough to be 1-hand typing anyway. Heal completely!

japrules
Fri May 27th, 2005, 04:27 PM
That was Dan Audette that gave you the Ice and such.

Yeah, when Bob pulled up with you in his truck, you opened the door to get out and pretty much just fell out. You looked really bad. So we helped you get out of your leathers and such.

I knew your arm was broken when I saw it. That thing was looking nasty!

Rest up good this weekend. You'll start felling better soon!

wasn't broke down by the wrist though... weird... when they did the xrays i just about screamed...

thabk so much for all your help....

japrules
Fri May 27th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Damn bro... That sounds like a freaky thing to have happen. Like... freakier than most get offs! :shock:

Glad you're alright though. Enough to be 1-hand typing anyway. Heal completely!

the worst part is... just before i decided to exit the bike i somehow went full throttle.. nothing like 10 more mph to help me out.. i got percaset... just took one..

i looked at the bike real quick... bent fork, rearset broke, tank is mangled, all body work history, subframe history..but the frame looks good to my eye... and the trailing arms look untouched..

but is even a knew body worth it? i'm gonna need some help figuing this out... i was really sort of getting attached to her too... off to the sofa...

thanks again...

Bueller
Fri May 27th, 2005, 05:06 PM
Ebay baby! I think the thing will not be the repair of the bike but rather if your still into it. I wouldn't rush into any decisions right now, especially on Percocette :lol: Give it some time then figure out if your mentally ready, It'll be weird getting back on and that corner will hold a special meaning for you now :twisted: .
Maybe try a different track first time back out, that seems to work pretty good for me :oops:

jontflesh
Fri May 27th, 2005, 05:35 PM
Holy crap you crashed????????????

I saw a few people went down but really did not look at who actually went down. There were a couple people out there that were kinda scary and I really was watching my passing with them (not holding thier lines).

Besides 4th gear + I had a good time lol.

Still not sure what the problem is, if it is serious we can talk about getting you back up and running. My bodywork, frame ect is all perfect ;)

japrules
Fri May 27th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Ebay baby! I think the thing will not be the repair of the bike but rather if your still into it. I wouldn't rush into any decisions right now, especially on Percocette :lol: Give it some time then figure out if your mentally ready, It'll be weird getting back on and that corner will hold a special meaning for you now :twisted: .
Maybe try a different track first time back out, that seems to work pretty good for me :oops:

this is different... it was a mechanical... so its not going to be a confidence thing at all... if i do continue there is going to be a lot more prep time...

my decision is do i want to risk my body anymore... i still might need surgery if this bone doesn't heal.. it right under the ball of the elbow...

i gotta tell you.. as messed up as my bike is as soon as i looked at it my blood pressure went up... so its going to be hard to quit... but man, ebay stuff is not cheap either.. seems like gixxer stuff is getting big.. someone just sold a rear wheel and tires for over $200.00 for an old gixxer like mine. thats insane.

new body work is $700 + paint.. thats pricey for a bike worth $2500 running..

but i suppose i could watch ebay...

jap - back to the sofa...

japrules
Fri May 27th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Holy crap you crashed????????????

I saw a few people went down but really did not look at who actually went down. There were a couple people out there that were kinda scary and I really was watching my passing with them (not holding thier lines).

Besides 4th gear + I had a good time lol.

Still not sure what the problem is, if it is serious we can talk about getting you back up and running. My bodywork, frame ect is all perfect ;)

didn't know abt 4th gear.. i hope you figure it out... whats it doin?

dude i packed up and out of there.,.i should say the guys packed me up... i was hurtin..

i'll send some pics tomorrow...

jap

jontflesh
Fri May 27th, 2005, 05:53 PM
this is different... it was a mechanical... so its not going to be a confidence thing at all... if i do continue there is going to be a lot more prep time...

my decision is do i want to risk my body anymore... i still might need surgery if this bone doesn't heal.. it right under the ball of the elbow...

i gotta tell you.. as messed up as my bike is as soon as i looked at it my blood pressure went up... so its going to be hard to quit... but man, ebay stuff is not cheap either.. seems like gixxer stuff is getting big.. someone just sold a rear wheel and tires for over $200.00 for an old gixxer like mine. thats insane.

jap - back to the sofa...[/quote]

Not only ebay.....
Check all the race org's sites, SRAD crap is a dime a dozen on a lot of them yo. Two of my sponsers will hook me up on new stuff too.

I have some spares I could let go by the way.
Pegs, levers, ram air boots (not tubes), a couple case covers, Paint I can get you to the right person for cheaper ;) , carbs, spare motor (although I would not sell the whole thing to my worst enemy, 2nd head.

When you are feeling better (which I am very glad you are ok BTW) and get a good assesment of what you need send me a PM. It was good to meet you by the way and thanks for the help with my shit!

:)

Fleshy

japrules
Fri May 27th, 2005, 05:55 PM

jap - back to the sofa...

Not only ebay.....
Check all the race org's sites, SRAD crap is a dime a dozen on a lot of them yo. Two of my sponsers will hook me up on new stuff too.

I have some spares I could let go by the way.
Pegs, levers, ram air boots (not tubes), a couple case covers, Paint I can get you to the right person for cheaper ;) , carbs, spare motor (although I would not sell the whole thing to my worst enemy, 2nd head.

When you are feeling better (which I am very glad you are ok BTW) and get a good assesment of what you need send me a PM. It was good to meet you by the way and thanks for the help with my shit!

:)

Fleshy
[/quote]

thanks man.. means a lot..

jontflesh
Fri May 27th, 2005, 06:01 PM
No problem, I am getting pretty good with workin on the 98 lol

When I was in 1,2,3rd I was haulin ass and doing great. Once I hit the straight and came up to about 10k rpm that was it. She would not go any faster at all, even in 5th. I am gonna try some carb cleaner if no better, check fuel filters, if no better, rip apart carbs.. GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!! heh.

Bueller
Fri May 27th, 2005, 06:12 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35583&item=4552477236&rd=1

japrules
Fri May 27th, 2005, 06:43 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35583&item=4552477236&rd=1

cool. but i still need figure all parts out... i better heal up first... and find out if the frame did indeed survive... not sure if tk is open tomorrow... maybe they will have pity on me and let me raid their used parts shelves... :)

i'm diggin these pain pills... man everything hurts after a good tumble...

thanks bueller..

jap

Bueller
Fri May 27th, 2005, 07:45 PM
General rule is 3 days later the pain starts for real :lol:

Dysco
Fri May 27th, 2005, 07:46 PM
TK is open tomorrow... at least they are before 2pm.

japrules
Sat May 28th, 2005, 01:37 PM
TK is open tomorrow... at least they are before 2pm.

Stopped in... looks like i am parting it... frame still needs to be measured... but its just a lot to put into a 98... unless fleshy sells his for cheap... my motor would be great in his bike though!

Bueller
Sat May 28th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Hey Jap you have a PM on the MRA board.

Buddau
Sun May 29th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Sorry to hear you crahsed Jap. Heal fast.

Has everyone checked their brake lever bolts? As soon as I heard Jap crashed, I checked all the bolts on my bike.

That must have been scarry going so fast and not having a brake lever to grab.

green_zx7r
Sun May 29th, 2005, 09:15 PM
japrules,

Sorry to hear about your get off... It's definitely not fun. I bailed at CDR in December and had a compoud fracture in my left arm, had a chunk of meat taken out of my right knee, and was bruised up every where.

I hope ya rest well, and don't forget to pop those vicodins periodically! :)

japrules
Mon May 30th, 2005, 07:48 AM
japrules,

Sorry to hear about your get off... It's definitely not fun. I bailed at CDR in December and had a compoud fracture in my left arm, had a chunk of meat taken out of my right knee, and was bruised up every where.

I hope ya rest well, and don't forget to pop those vicodins periodically! :)

thanks.. mine is not compund.. that would suck way worse... i keep finding new bruises like every 4 hours... as the pain goes away in one place it comes back in another... funny.

at least looking for a bike keeps my mind off of things..

jap

LWracer
Tue May 31st, 2005, 12:08 PM
Joe,
Sorry to hear about your get-off. No need to feel like an idiot, most racers have at least one story of a failure they could have prevented.

- I've done an entire 20min practice session with both front calipers finger tight (no safety wire)
- Ran out of gas (while leading a race)
- Used PVC tubing for a bearing spacer in my wheels (don't ask)

And many more...

If you decide to price-out repairing your SRAD contact me off-list, I have a set of SRAD Sharkskinz I'd sell for cheap.

Scott
(The guy you bought the tire warmers from)

japrules
Tue May 31st, 2005, 12:18 PM
Joe,
Sorry to hear about your get-off. No need to feel like an idiot, most racers have at least one story of a failure they could have prevented.

- I've done an entire 20min practice session with both front calipers finger tight (no safety wire)
- Ran out of gas (while leading a race)
- Used PVC tubing for a bearing spacer in my wheels (don't ask)

And many more...

If you decide to price-out repairing your SRAD contact me off-list, I have a set of SRAD Sharkskinz I'd sell for cheap.

Scott
(The guy you bought the tire warmers from)

thanks scott.. well, it just doesn't add up.. forks are bent, frame might be bent, rearset, sub frame, tank is pancaked... unless i find a 97,99,99 with a bad motor...

joe

BlueDevil
Tue May 31st, 2005, 01:00 PM
When I saw U at TK on Sat I was like WTF????? I feel bad brother.... Take my advice on the arm sling from Rite Aid though.... Those ones from the hospital suck and will tear you up after a few days.... That one I told U about is all soft and stretchy...Fits like a glove.... It will help be more confortable while U mend. Percocett is good too... Im still on it from time to time for my ribs after PPIR. If U need any help getting that bike or a new bike ready to race hit us up. DARC racing will help out its newest pit member... :D

If U get some couch coma going give me a shout.... Take care JAP

D

japrules
Tue May 31st, 2005, 02:35 PM
When I saw U at TK on Sat I was like WTF????? I feel bad brother.... Take my advice on the arm sling from Rite Aid though.... Those ones from the hospital suck and will tear you up after a few days.... That one I told U about is all soft and stretchy...Fits like a glove.... It will help be more confortable while U mend. Percocett is good too... Im still on it from time to time for my ribs after PPIR. If U need any help getting that bike or a new bike ready to race hit us up. DARC racing will help out its newest pit member... :D

If U get some couch coma going give me a shout.... Take care JAP

D

Thanks man.. I will probably bring a chair and act like I am cool at the Darc paddock next weekend...

looking really hard for a bike!

jap

BlueDevil
Tue May 31st, 2005, 02:52 PM
Plenty of room. Swing on in and park it as long as U need.....

NineTwoFour
Tue May 31st, 2005, 03:06 PM
Damn... I feel like shit now. I saw you walking around by the tire walls, but I never saw your bike so it didn't register that you had crashed. :oops:

Hope your arm heals up well and you are able to get back out there.

japrules
Tue May 31st, 2005, 03:15 PM
Damn... I feel like shit now. I saw you walking around by the tire walls, but I never saw your bike so it didn't register that you had crashed. :oops:

Hope your arm heals up well and you are able to get back out there.

I was wondering why no one was coming to get my sorry ass.. no one could see my wadded up pos bike! Anyway.. np biggie.. gave me time to shake it off a bit..