PDA

View Full Version : KX65 mini moto

ian22
Sun Jul 31st, 2011, 06:31 PM
I'm looking to mini-moto my son's kx65. Looking for a set of wheels/tires....please recommend a place to buy them from or someone you know who is selling a set.
Thanks.

Zach929rr
Sun Jul 31st, 2011, 07:04 PM
M&racing.biz or just find a rear rim to lace onto your front hub.

vort3xr6
Sun Jul 31st, 2011, 08:21 PM
Check on Weraclassifieds.com. I think there was a screaming deal on them not too long ago.

ian22
Sun Jul 31st, 2011, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the tips....so all I really need is a stock rear wheel to put on the front hub? Any idea where I can get tires from? I don't know what size to buy.

ian22
Mon Aug 1st, 2011, 09:16 AM
M&M racing seems to have fallen on hard times a bit....a shame. Think I'm just gonna go with a rear rim laced to my front hub. Tire recommendations? Where to buy them?

ian22
Fri Aug 12th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Got it put together and on the track at IMI yesterday....I rode it 4 or 5 laps and then handed it over to my 9YO son. He did fairly well for his first time on the road on a motorcycle, he'd done a bit of MX prior to this but hadn't ridden since May as his bike was broken after a collision with a YZ250. He says its "way more fun" than riding in the dirt - couldn't get the smile off of his face. With me on it....the bike is quite sketch as the fork is much too soft. What I love about it is how strong the front brake is now with the street tires on it....and shifting up and down with no clutch required...amazing actually, machine gun downshifts with no clutch! Upshifts are smooth too just require one to roll off the throttle a bit.

swademaster
Fri Aug 12th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Your son looked good out there for his first time. My son and I were the ones on the dirt bikes that stopped and talked with you as you were loading up.

ian22
Fri Aug 12th, 2011, 01:16 PM
I thought so too...he had fun so that's what really matters. We both need to get out more and get lots more practice.

vort3xr6
Fri Aug 12th, 2011, 02:10 PM
I swear if another fast kid shows up and beats me in minimoto, I will quit. :)

ian22
Fri Aug 12th, 2011, 02:23 PM
He won't be beating anyone for a while...he needs lots of practice, and his mechanic needs to finish setting up the suspension for him.

mikesf4i
Fri Aug 12th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Ian
You guys should join us at bandimere for the next Rocky Mountain Minimoto race. Bring your kid and his bike and gear and we will stick him out there with my kids to pick on the adults.

Brad
Nobody likes a quitter! We will see you next weekend.

ian22
Sat Aug 13th, 2011, 11:13 AM
He's nowhere near ready....thursday was his first day ever on a bike on the road. I put him into MX before he was ready and it wasn't a good idea...I need to work with him for a while. I actually never planned on him doing any racing, just having fun. I'll continue to evaluate his progress, maybe next summer.

mikesf4i
Sat Aug 13th, 2011, 04:19 PM
You guys should come out and watch. You can check out the bikes and the racing action.

ian22
Sat Aug 13th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Not sure what I have going on next weekend...we might go to IMI and ride.