PDA

View Full Version : Got Gear? Chicane 9/5/11 @ HPR

Sean
Mon Aug 1st, 2011, 02:33 PM
Usually, we get a thread going for people who need to borrow gear to get on the track. A lot of us want to do a track day, but are missing one or two items necessary to meet the requirements. Lucky for us, the people of the CSC not only kick ass, but usually have tons of extra gear lying around, that they are willing to lend out for the day.

How it works:
1. Review the requirements for riding at a track day. ->Click here (http://chicanetrackdays.com/how.html)<-
2. Figure out what you don't have and post up in this thread. Tell people exactly what you are looking for, and what size. If you don't know the size, give approximate body dimensions.
3. Coordinate with the person to pick up the gear
4. Have the best day of your life at the track
5. Return the borrowed equipment. Usually within a week.

Most people will lend out gear at no charge. It never hurts to offer a favor, cup of coffee or a beer, at the next event, to show appreciation. If you crash in someone else's gear, get it fixed or replace it. You are responsible. If you choose to screw someone over, we will all take it personally and you will have a few hundred sportbikers that are not your friends anymore.

This thread also applies to needing a spot in a trailer to get out there.

So feel free to post up what you need to borrow, or what you have to loan.

Thanks everybody! And have a great trackday!!!!!

Sean
Mon Aug 1st, 2011, 02:46 PM
I can lend out some gear. Most of it's pretty beat up, but it works if you crash!
1 pc leathers (I'm 5'11"/190)
1 back protector
1 set of a* boots size 47

I have a small/female back protector, but you have to track down JJ because he hasn't returned it yet! :guns:

Reyven
Mon Aug 1st, 2011, 03:20 PM
I have a small/female back protector, but you have to track down JJ because he hasn't returned it yet! :guns:

:lol: that's probably because he is still using it

Foolds
Mon Aug 1st, 2011, 03:36 PM
I can lend out some gear. Most of it's pretty beat up, but it works if you crash!
1 back protector

=( Sorry I laid it out on the couch for you guys last time you were over and forgot to give it to you... O P.S. Can Cat borrow your Small/Med Back Protector for 9/5 Chicane day again =)

Sean
Mon Aug 1st, 2011, 03:43 PM
Can Cat borrow your Small/Med Back Protector for 9/5 Chicane day again =):spit: You bet, man. I was almost going to text you first to see if you two were going to hit the track.

asp_125
Mon Aug 1st, 2011, 03:46 PM
2Pc Tecknic suit. Sz US40 / EU 50. Older suit so you will look like a red power ranger, unvented so you will be a hot power ranger.

Sidi boots (US8.5) EU42

Tourmaster gloves (mens med)

Will bring to track if someone needs an item.

MilkMan
Mon Aug 1st, 2011, 04:04 PM
1 back protector

Hmmmmmmm...... It sounds like everything you have to loan (sans the womens back protector) may actually fit my goofy ass! LOL! The leathers would prob be a sort of tight fit, but may work. Are they pretty snug on you or looser? What size US are your boots? I think thats about a 12 but not sure?
-Mick-

Sarge
Mon Aug 1st, 2011, 07:28 PM
I've got one of these:

http://www.bikebandit.com/icon-military-spec-field-armor-motorcycle-vest?WT.mc_id=1484958&CAWELAID=457579700

http://a2.bikebandit.com/assets/product_images/10IconMilSpecFAVestMD.gif

Will these get me on the track or will I need a CE rated one? I've got an A* Moto GP 2 Piece suit with a padded back protector that I'm going to wear this under.

Also, I might need a pair of gauntlets, size L or XL if somebody has them.

Thanks,

-Sarge

Sean
Tue Aug 2nd, 2011, 07:29 AM
Hmmmmmmm...... It sounds like everything you have to loan (sans the womens back protector) may actually fit my goofy ass! LOL! The leathers would prob be a sort of tight fit, but may work. Are they pretty snug on you or looser? What size US are your boots? I think thats about a 12 but not sure?
-Mick-Height wise they are just right but there is a little room around the mid section. What's your weight/height? And 47 in boots is usually a 11.5 US. You can try them on and see if they work, but you may need a larger size? :dunno: If ou want to try the stuff on, I'm at 120th/Sheridan.

rybo
Tue Aug 2nd, 2011, 11:44 AM
If this fits under your leathers it will be acceptable for your day at the track!

Thanks!

I've got one of these:

http://www.bikebandit.com/icon-military-spec-field-armor-motorcycle-vest?WT.mc_id=1484958&CAWELAID=457579700

http://a2.bikebandit.com/assets/product_images/10IconMilSpecFAVestMD.gif

Will these get me on the track or will I need a CE rated one? I've got an A* Moto GP 2 Piece suit with a padded back protector that I'm going to wear this under.

Also, I might need a pair of gauntlets, size L or XL if somebody has them.

Thanks,

-Sarge

Sarge
Tue Aug 2nd, 2011, 11:53 AM
If this fits under your leathers it will be acceptable for your day at the track!

Thanks!

It does just fine, I wear it over my leather when I ride on post, but under the rest of the time.

Thanks.

steamboat27
Fri Aug 5th, 2011, 10:28 AM
I have an extra small/med back protector, Small gloves and Small helmet !

Cory Prager
MRA Novice #226

Reyven
Fri Aug 5th, 2011, 10:39 AM
I have an extra small/med back protector, Small gloves and Small helmet !

Cory Prager
MRA Novice #226

an xs or an extra one that is a s/m? im reading it both ways :D

Ninja2
Fri Aug 5th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Reyven and all, I have a small A* back protector and a S/M Thor full upper body protector (back, chest and elbows). Pls send me a PM if you need any of this. I won't be able to make it to this one.:(

OUTLAWD
Fri Aug 5th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Reyven and all, I have a small A* back protector and a S/M Thor full upper body protector (back, chest and elbows). Pls send me a PM if you need any of this. I won't be able to make it to this one.:(

:(

Vellos
Fri Aug 5th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Not sure if I'll be able to ride this time or not, but luckily I have all the gear I need. :) If I'm not going I'll post up the goods. If I am - I'm going to need a spot on a trailer.

JohnMaguire
Fri Aug 5th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Could I borrow a back protector from someone? I think I have everything else. I am 5'10", around 165 lbs.

John Maguire
508 320 1767

Vellos
Fri Aug 5th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Could I borrow a back protector from someone? I think I have everything else.

John Maguire
508 320 1767

How tall are you? Might help your cause.

JohnMaguire
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 01:47 AM
How tall are you? Might help your cause.

Thanks Vellos - edited...

*KEN*
Sat Aug 6th, 2011, 10:58 PM
I have a back protector for sale (cheap)
http://cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=595915#post595915

Vellos
Sun Aug 28th, 2011, 03:45 PM
6'2 150lbs here's my gear.

SP-1 Gloves (XL)
T2 Back Protector (XL)
SMX Plus Boots (10.5)
Leather Jacket (46)
Leather Pants (32)

Slide it and you buy it. Text number in my signature.

Cornfed
Sun Aug 28th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Sean, I'm a little confused on Chicane's rules. I have a Joe Rocket 1 Piece with a built in back protector but I don't own a separate back protector. Is that good enough or do they require an extra one?

Bueller
Sun Aug 28th, 2011, 06:23 PM
You need a separate "real" back protector, the foam pad in the suit can come out to make room.

Sean
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Bump! The trackday is coming up quick. Everybody got their gear? trailer spot? brass balls?

6'2 150lbs here's my gear.
Thanks for offering to share your gear, Vellos! :up:

Sean, I'm a little confused on Chicane's rules. I have a Joe Rocket 1 Piece with a built in back protector but I don't own a separate back protector. Is that good enough or do they require an extra one?

As Bueller said, you do need a true back protector. To my knowledge, the ones that come in suits and jackets are not suitable for track protection. If you think yours may be protective enough, PM Rybo on the board and he can let you know for sure. I have one you could use, but I see your in Parker, that's kind of a hike. Maybe there is someone else going to the track that has an extra? Or someone down south that's open to lending theirs out? If not, we can figure out something to get mine to you (through a mutual person going to the track).

Reyven
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 09:40 AM
As Bueller said, you do need a true back protector. To my knowledge, the ones that come in suits and jackets are not suitable for track protection. If you think yours may be protective enough, PM Rybo on the board and he can let you know for sure. I have one you could use, but I see your in Parker, that's kind of a hike. Maybe there is someone else going to the track that has an extra? Or someone down south that's open to lending theirs out? If not, we can figure out something to get mine to you (through a mutual person going to the track).

Sean, I would be willing to meet up with you somewhere and take any extras down with me. I dont think we live too far apart. If there is camping, we will be heading out on Sunday evening.

Sean
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Sean, I would be willing to meet up with you somewhere and take any extras down with me. I dont think we live too far apart. If there is camping, we will be heading out on Sunday evening.
Cool! Let's see what what Cornfed wants to do? I leave on Friday (otherwise I'd be going to the trackday) and we could figure something out this week. Otherwise, I'll make JJ do it since he has our other back protector anyway.

Reyven
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Cool! Let's see what what Cornfed wants to do? I leave on Friday (otherwise I'd be going to the trackday) and we could figure something out this week. Otherwise, I'll make JJ do it since he has our other back protector anyway.

Make JJ do it just for fun :D

Sean
Mon Aug 29th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Make JJ do it just for fun :D
I like the way you think. :eyebrows:

Cornfed
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 08:07 PM

Sean thanks for the offer. It sounds like back protectors is a pretty common thing to borrow. Ill take you up on it if the offer still stands.
Your correct Ill be heading out of Parker. Not sure if it will be Sunday night for camping or Monday with the sun.

eklew
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 09:02 PM
I need to borrow a BIKE!

rybo
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 09:52 PM
I need to borrow a BIKE!

you do?

rforsythe
Tue Aug 30th, 2011, 10:21 PM
I need to borrow a BIKE!

You can't just find one at Harbor Freight?

Sean
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 06:40 AM
Sean thanks for the offer. It sounds like back protectors is a pretty common thing to borrow. Ill take you up on it if the offer still stands.
Your correct Ill be heading out of Parker. Not sure if it will be Sunday night for camping or Monday with the sun.Okay, let me see what I can do. Hopefully I can meet up with somebody this week and hand it off to them. Maybe JJ or Rey?

I need to borrow a BIKE!
Hey, get in line you out-of-stater. No wants more California people in Colorado anyways. :scream2:

usmcab35
Wed Aug 31st, 2011, 09:38 AM
I got of A Stars boots that are a size US12.5, but i wear a 13 and they fit. Looks like i will be doing flag duty so i could bring them up for someone if they need them.

Sean
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 08:02 AM
Bump! Everybody have trailers and gear?

Sean thanks for the offer. It sounds like back protectors is a pretty common thing to borrow. Ill take you up on it if the offer still stands. Still working on it man. I have to find someone to meet up with tonight because I'm leaving town tomorrow.

Young Luke
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 11:18 AM
I have the following loaners that I'll bring to the track. If anyone wants dibs on anything let me know.

A*'s Jacket Size 54 Euro
A*'s Track pants zip to jacket Size 38 US
Sidi boots Size 42 euro (8.5 US)
661 Back protector

Luke