PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Mountain Thunder and Lightning

ATTIKATROL
Tue Aug 2nd, 2011, 02:13 PM
So, I live and work in Estes Park. I'm The Executive Chef at a hotel here that has a large venue for conferences. I am trying to organize a Rally of sort that would turn into an annual event with vendors, poker runs, and rides. I am trying to gauge interest in this, so anyone who would be interested in something like this (attending or vending) please comment.:idea:

Sean
Wed Aug 3rd, 2011, 07:44 AM
I don't know a ton about this topic, but what I might suggest is getting in touch with some of the local promoters. The people who run bike nights, Abate, HD rallies or others. They may be the best people to contact? Are you going for a cruiser crowd? Or sportbike crowd? Or all of the above?

From what I understand (and this is pretty limited) you could get people to ride up, have an event up there and ride home, but it would probably have to be during the day. Not a ton of people who want to make the ride back to Denver at night.

It's a pretty spread out area for a poker run, isn't it? And with that, you're probably looking at more of a cruiser demographic. Seems like Sportbikers don't stop and have drinks to often when hitting the canyons.

You could organize a ride, but most people are going to be riding in the twisties for 1.5 hours to get there. They may want to just chill once their up there. :dunno:

It might be challenging to get vendors due to the distance. I could be totally wrong, but unless they know that they'll really be able to benefit from it, they may be a little gun shy. You may have to create a solid plan and then pursue them?

It sound completely possible, but a lot of work. Because it's a destination rally, PR and advertising are going to be your biggest hurdles in this area. Maybe you know all of this stuff, just thought I'd offer my .02 Good luck and keep us posted. :up:

cptschlongenheimer
Wed Aug 3rd, 2011, 09:25 AM
Make it a charity event of some kind and I bet you'd be able to get one of the local TV or radio stations to give you some air time/sponsorship.

Just a thought.

salsashark
Wed Aug 3rd, 2011, 09:30 AM
new home for Cyclefest??? :idea:

Zenshu
Thu Sep 1st, 2011, 07:21 PM
I think it could work out great if you could get vendors involved to also have some sort of meet up at their location for a ride up into Estes to the hotel. Also I think that one of the biggest hurdles you have right now is for an event of this caliber with so many variables in order to get vendor sponsoring, you usually have to have at least a somewhat thorough itenerary of events. Also this may be a good first step in gathering an idea of expected turn out which is also sometimes a requirment for something like this to generate vendor interest. This of course is from my experience in coordinating events, but those have never been anything specifically pertaining to motorcycles or motorcycle specific vendors but I would assume that it wouldn't be much difference.