PDA

View Full Version : Bridgestone race tires???

Fri May 27th, 2005, 02:24 PM
anyone on this list race with bridgestone bt002 race tires? i need some info.

thx
sj

Anonymous
Fri May 27th, 2005, 02:26 PM
What do you need?

Hoopty
Fri May 27th, 2005, 02:58 PM
:imwithstupid: And deeeeen? :D

japrules
Fri May 27th, 2005, 03:16 PM
I have set with one practice session and one race @ ppir for sale... :|

Ytry2
Fri May 27th, 2005, 04:09 PM
:imwithstupid: And deeeeen? :D
and DEN

Lurch
Fri May 27th, 2005, 04:37 PM
If you want a unbias oppinon read on:

I actually ride Pirelli's after switching from Michelin after switching from Dunlops after switching from Avon's(now those were the days). So I actually have rode a few different tires.

So I spend all off season getting my bike setup for Pirelli's (which by the way are AWESOME) just to have RRW write an article about race tires. Would you believe Stones came out on top, so I figured I would give them a try. I go down to the Stone dealer(TK Motorsports which also is AWESOME) and dig a set out of the trash can out back. Throw them on the Gixxer 1000 and head to PPIR. Well they actually work, they felt like the Pirelli's and are the same size so setup wasn't much of an issue. I did have some rear wheel spin problems on the banking but I'm pretty sure it had more to do with the tire being taken out of a dumpster then it did with the tire itself.

If I didn't all ready commit to Pirelli I would of given them a try. For a set of tires out of the dumpster they worked pretty good and if you can get on their program you can't beat the price.

Lurch

japrules
Fri May 27th, 2005, 04:40 PM
If you want a unbias oppinon read on:

I actually ride Pirelli's after switching from Michelin after switching from Dunlops after switching from Avon's(now those were the days). So I actually have rode a few different tires.

So I spend all off season getting my bike setup for Pirelli's (which by the way are AWESOME) just to have RRW write an article about race tires. Would you believe Stones came out on top, so I figured I would give them a try. I go down to the Stone dealer(TK Motorsports which also is AWESOME) and dig a set out of the trash can out back. Throw them on the Gixxer 1000 and head to PPIR. Well they actually work, they felt like the Pirelli's and are the same size so setup wasn't much of an issue. I did have some rear wheel spin problems on the banking but I'm pretty sure it had more to do with the tire being taken out of a dumpster then it did with the tire itself.

If I didn't all ready commit to Pirelli I would of given them a try. For a set of tires out of the dumpster they worked pretty good and if you can get on their program you can't beat the price.

Lurch

i got better feedback from the stones than michellin. fyi

Bertha
Fri May 27th, 2005, 05:22 PM
LOVE THEM! VERY sticky and warm up fast. When they start to go out they will talk to you, your rear will start to slide JUST a little here and there and then start to give sooner and sooner. They are not like a light switch on or off but more like on them dim out. I'm VERY happy with how they work on my 600. The 001s were a good tyre they just went out pretty quick and the crown was a bit steep, but the 002s have a flatter crown which will give you a better footprint when your on the brakes. Turn in is great, very smooth turn in and switching from right to left is not a problem. *unless you ride an f4i then you're just fucked any way you look at it*

I was able to talk to the AMA Bridgestone guys and they have some good things coming down the line. They are working next set but have no ETA on them. There new slicks are coming but they didn't give an ETA. Mid summer we should have a SS *super soft* model, but you'll pretty much only want that as a Q, and that's it only real purpose in life.

If you pick up a set you'll want to start with a 31/29 psi and go from there. I'm in the middle of trying to get some "training" on the bridgestones about optimal temps etc. I believe they said optimal temp on the tyre was around 120, but that seems too low. I'm hoping to get a infrared temp gauge so I can work on finding optimal tyre pressures etc.

Lurch
Fri May 27th, 2005, 05:58 PM
Bertha,

Infrared temp gauges are OK but you really need a probe type so you can get to the core. Surface temps cool too quickly once you stop riding hard.

When you get one though can I borrow it?

Lurch

Fri May 27th, 2005, 06:58 PM
lurch and bertha:
thx very much for the info. i too have raced mich's, dunlops, and pirelli's for the last 2 years. i like them, they slide when pushed but very controllable. is tk the trackside distributor? how much are they? whats the "program"? thx in advance for any more info.

japrules:
thx for the info. how much do you want for the takeoffs? if thats all the time you have on them, i'll definitely test on them.

by the way. what does "and deeeen" or "and den" mean.

sj

Bertha
Fri May 27th, 2005, 07:06 PM
TK is the trackside distributor. Price is around 300$ for a set. Less if you're on Team Bridgestone which I heard was full for this year.

BlueDevil
Tue May 31st, 2005, 06:53 AM
Yes team Bridgestone is full this year.... Its 305/306 as set right now I believe..

I have ridden PIR and MICH.... I like the Mich a lot..
I have been ridding the Stones fro 2 years now... I wont ride another tire.... Coming from Mich to the Stones they are a similar tire. Im running mine on the Med settin on Chicken HAwks and I think thats 155 deg...... Seems to be working great. When it was freezing I kicked it up for a few mins to the high setting and they stuck very well. I only use a pair for 1 race weekend and 1 practice session before the next race then replace.. So I dont have much in the way of witnessing them fade away.... AT PPIR this last pair started to go near the end of the weekend... But then the day was done. After inspection it was due to heat and not the tire... THink my pressure was a bit low. Plenty left on it. Last year I ran the 001's at PPIR and it destroyed them. They just didnt hold up...but still a good tire for feed back and grip... None the less, Ill stay with Bridgies.........